Queen Margrethe II and Prince Henrik, Current Events 1: May 2003 - November 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
From londonfeatures

Attachments

• 21164661.jpg
    21164661.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 106
  • 21164662.jpg
    21164662.jpg
    9.6 KB · Views: 113
  • 21164663.jpg
    21164663.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 117
  • 21164664.jpg
    21164664.jpg
    9.9 KB · Views: 115
  • 21164665.jpg
    21164665.jpg
    8.8 KB · Views: 121
  • 21164666.jpg
    21164666.jpg
    6.3 KB · Views: 124
  • 21164667.jpg
    21164667.jpg
    6.1 KB · Views: 110
  • 21164668.jpg
    21164668.jpg
    6.6 KB · Views: 115
  • 21164669.jpg
    21164669.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 107
  • 21164672.jpg
    21164672.jpg
    4.8 KB · Views: 118
On April 14, 71 year-old Henrik, HRH the Prince Consort of Denmark, inaugurated a new roller coaster in Tivoli Friheden, Århus. Sadly, the new addition "Tyfonen" (http://www.rcdb.com/qs.htm?quicksearch=Tyfonen) came to a sudden stop when the onboard security system shut it down due to the fireworks fired to mark the very opening. This small, unscheduled intermission occurred shortly before the ride ended, meaning that the Prince Consort had his share of fun. Whilst waiting for the problem to be fixed, His Royal Highness asked to the crowd if anyone had a cup of coffee;). It cannot have been very nice to sit still for 15 minutes on such a cold day. Someone in the crowd offered His Royal Highness a brandy, and he accepted the offer which was, to the regret of Henrik I guess, never accommodated! Nonetheless, the Prince Consort seemed amused and seemed to think of the malfunction as a memorable experience. Afterwards, when asked of his opinion of the ride, His Royal Highness smilingly and candidly replied that "It was quite long".

/Lasse Pedersen

Sources:
TV2 Østjylland (http://www.tv2oj.dk/nyhe_nyhed_s.asp?newsID=13945)
For pictures of the event: TV2's website http://kongelig.tv2.dk/article.php?id=3981885, click "Prins Henrik fanget i rutchebane".

I got this pop up window that asked me to post something, since I haven't posted in several weeks. You all bear with me. I enjoy following the discussion, but seldom have anything to add. I think the foreign born spouses of the DRF are to be admired. It must be very difficult to leave one's native land permanently to live in another country. That being said, I think Prince Henrik looks cold on that roller coaster. Here in central Texas the temperature is in the 90s F (32+C). Too bad we can't swap some of our warm air for some of the Danish cool air. All you all have a happy Easter! ("all you all" is Texas dialect) j

Last edited:
Henrik is soo cool, I don't know many men his age (or even younger:rolleyes: ) who would willingly get into that rollercoaster, specially with all the cold air (brrr:D ), now we know where did Fred get his "wild side":D :D

Lasse Pedersen said:
On April 14, 71 year-old Henrik, HRH the Prince Consort of Denmark, inaugurated a new roller coaster in Tivoli Friheden, Århus. Sadly, the new addition "Tyfonen" (http://www.rcdb.com/qs.htm?quicksearch=Tyfonen) came to a sudden stop when the onboard security system shut it down due to the fireworks fired to mark the very opening. This small, unscheduled intermission occurred shortly before the ride ended, meaning that the Prince Consort had his share of fun. Whilst waiting for the problem to be fixed, His Royal Highness asked to the crowd if anyone had a cup of coffee;). It cannot have been very nice to sit still for 15 minutes on such a cold day. Someone in the crowd offered His Royal Highness a brandy, and he accepted the offer which was, to the regret of Henrik I guess, never accommodated! Nonetheless, the Prince Consort seemed amused and seemed to think of the malfunction as a memorable experience. Afterwards, when asked of his opinion of the ride, His Royal Highness smilingly and candidly replied that "It was quite long".

pictures from BT, JP, & TV2

Attachments

• 164574_large.jpg
    164574_large.jpg
    19.6 KB · Views: 143
  • 332844_large.jpg
    332844_large.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 137
Last edited:
PRESIDENT ILHAM ALIYEV CONGRATULATES QUEEN OF DENMARK
[April 15, 2006, 15:58:17]

President of Azerbaijan Ilham Aliyev has sent a message of congratulation to Queen Margrethe II of Denmark and people of this country on the national holiday of the Kingdom – Birthday of the Queen.

http://www.azertag.com/en/index.sht...emes_viewing=&themes_page=&themeid=&news_page=

%59 of the Danish are against to that the sovereign leaves the throne by her first-born Frederik

The Danish monarch also received another sample of the affection of her subjects: according to a survey published yesterday by tabloide "BT", the 59 percent of the Danish is against to that Daisy leaves the throne in benefit of its first-born Federico. Of between the 1,112 people interviewed by the newspaper, only the 29.1 percent is favorable the "retirement" of the queen.

http://www.estrelladigital.es/a1.asp?sec=mun&fech=17/04/2006&name=dinamarca

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for the article, fanletizia.

I'm not that good at Danish but I think the article in BT means that the Danes don't want Margrethe to ABDICATE in favor of Frederik. I don't think it means that they don't want him to succeed her when the time comes.

more of Prince Henrik riding the "Tyfonen" Rollercoaster at Tivoli
(from cover)

Polfoto 19-04-2006 Dronning Margrethe overværede onsdag uddelingen af Rungstedlundprisen, som i år gik til kunsthistorikeren Hans Edvard Nørregård-Nielsen

Could someone translate it?

Attachments

• ch159924_guest.jpg
    ch159924_guest.jpg
    25.5 KB · Views: 166
  • ch159925_guest.jpg
    ch159925_guest.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 159
  • ch159926_guest.jpg
    ch159926_guest.jpg
    16.6 KB · Views: 154
Polfoto 19-04-2006 Dronning Margrethe (t.h.) og prins Henrik (t.v.) blev onsdag aften budt velkommen af borgerne i Fredensborg

Attachments

• 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 161
  • 12.jpg
    12.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 194
  • 13.jpg
    13.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 174
  • 14.jpg
    14.jpg
    16.3 KB · Views: 153
  • 15.jpg
    15.jpg
    21.6 KB · Views: 154
fanletizia said:
It says that the queen and prince Henrik were welcomed by the citizens of Fredensborg on Wednesday night.

It has turned into a recurring event that citizens from Fredensborg turn up in the evening carrying torches to greet the regent couple each year in April. At this time QMII and prince Henrik 'officially' shift from their winter residence at Amalienborg to their summer residence at Fredensborg (next to Frederik and Mary).

fanletizia said:

Polfoto 19-04-2006 On Wednesday, queen Margrethe attended the prize-giving of the Rungstedlund Prize which this year was given to Hans Edvard Nørregård-Nielsen, art historian

ysbel said:
Thanks for the article, fanletizia.

I'm not that good at Danish but I think the article in BT means that the Danes don't want Margrethe to ABDICATE in favor of Frederik. I don't think it means that they don't want him to succeed her when the time comes.
You're correct, ysbel. The article says that the Danes don't want Margrethe to abdicate.

Does anyone have pictures of the balcony appearence for the Queen's birthday

April 26
The Reigning Couple attend the opening of the exhibition 'Christian IV and Rosenborg' at Rosenborg Palace to mark the 400th anniversary of the castle. The opening commences at 02.30 p.m.

from facetoface

Attachments

• 00918577.jpg
    00918577.jpg
    174.8 KB · Views: 159
  • 00918573.jpg
    00918573.jpg
    158.3 KB · Views: 171
  • 00918574.jpg
    00918574.jpg
    164.4 KB · Views: 160
  • 00918575.jpg
    00918575.jpg
    186.5 KB · Views: 176
  • 00918578.jpg
    00918578.jpg
    156.3 KB · Views: 126
  • 00918579.jpg
    00918579.jpg
    173.3 KB · Views: 143
Last edited:
a few more from tv2.dk

and some cute ones of Margarethe with little sailor boy..

(from facetoface)

Last edited:
April 28
HM the Queen and HRH the Prince Consort boards the royal yacht Dannebrog at noon. Salutes will be fired in the couple’s honour from the battery Sixtus at noon, as the yacht departs and from Kronborg as the yacht passes the palace at 02.30 p.m. The yacht will arrive at Ellsinore at 03.00 p.m.
pictures from facetoface :

Prince Henrik of Denmark says that it likes to eat dog meat

For great horror of the lovers of the animals, prince Henrik of Denmark, husband of queen Margarita, has recognized that it likes to eat dog meat.
In an interview with the magazine "Se&Hr" the honorary president of the Danish club of teckel said: "the dogs that can be eaten normally are bred. It is like with the chickens ".
The prince of French origin widely described the taste of the dog meat, that he described as "drought", and he compared it with the one of the bull calf. Henrik spoke despite of the unconditional love of the Danish real family to the race dogs teckel. "they never disappoint and they cannot cotillear", commented.

http://www.emol.com/noticias/internacional/detalle/detallenoticias.asp?idnoticia=217790

He likes to eat Dog meat? That's horrible! I hope Mary and Frederik keep Ziggy away from him lol:D

oh my gosh!! that is untorable!!

APRIL 28 2006
The Danish Queen Margrethe and the Prince Consort Henrik arrived today on board the Danish Royal Yacht "Dannebrog" to Helsingor city.

photo by Kim Agersten, from brunopress

Attachments

• polfoto_7fl01lka.jpg
    polfoto_7fl01lka.jpg
    19.1 KB · Views: 165
  • polfoto_7fl01lkc.jpg
    polfoto_7fl01lkc.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 188
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=241694&d=1146567033

This picture gives a new meaning to the expression, it looks like she's wearing a bit of her carpet.

Well, she has a cold so I don't blame her.

Some years ago one of the Queen and Henrik's dogs went missing in the forests around Fredensborg. I believe hundreds of people were out searching for it.

Instead of searching through the whole forest area maybe they should have performed an investigation in Henrik's stomach :rolleyes:

About Henrik eating dog meat; this weekend the Swedish King said he likes to eat tulips. Also a bit ''exotic''.

fanletizia said:
For great horror of the lovers of the animals, prince Henrik of Denmark, husband of queen Margarita, has recognized that it likes to eat dog meat.
fanletizia said:
In an interview with the magazine "Se&Hr" the honorary president of the Danish club of teckel said: "the dogs that can be eaten normally are bred. It is like with the chickens ".
The prince of French origin widely described the taste of the dog meat, that he described as "drought", and he compared it with the one of the bull calf. Henrik spoke despite of the unconditional love of the Danish real family to the race dogs teckel. "they never disappoint and they cannot cotillear", commented.

The interview was for the magasine "Ud & Se" which is available for free at Danish train stations and in the trains of DSB.

Ekstra Bladet brought excerpts of the interview in their Sunday edition last week. When asked “Have you ever had dog meat?”, HRH the Prince Consort answered: “Yes, as a matter of fact I have. It tastes somewhat like rabbit. Or rather dry goat. Or… no, wait. Like veal. Like veal of a bull calf, yes. Like very dry veal.” And later: “It does not bother me at all to eat dog meat. The dogs that one eats, are usually bred for the purpose, just as chickens in Denmark. Dogs who have lived in a family do not suddenly get eaten”. Moreover, His Royal Highness said that “it is hard not to think of a dog as if it were a person. They are permanently with you, and therefore, you are inclined to treat them as children”. And a final note on the dog meat: “Over the years, I have probably tried all that is eatable”

/Lasse Pedersen

i wonder what the queen would think after she read the newspaper on this...

and eating dogs is not something uncommon in many parts of Asia, I wonder if Prince Henrik start this habit when he's in Vietnam?

Tell your Indian friends that you love steak and you will get the same reaction we have toward eating dog or other kinds of meat not in our regual diet. It is simply a matter of culture. My swedish mother can not understand why anyone would eat sushi.

Forgot to add - gravlax is of course perfectly normal. Some of my American friends refuse to even try "raw" fish.

Well, I guess I won't be asking Prince Henrik to do any pet sitting!:eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom