Princess Marie, Current Events Part 1: March 2009 - June 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:
As always, thanks a lot for posting and translating articles for us, Muhler. :flowers:
Really liked the "she looks like a real Princess" bit. :queen4:

:previous: My pleasure, Artemisia :)

I enjoy to see our Marie interact with people, she's very good at the personal touch, as far as I can tell.

ADDED: A longer clip from TV2 Syd: Kongelig sprøjtefører i Tønder - tvsyd.dk - TVSyd - Nyheder - Lokal - Tønder
Of Marie in action.

Towards the end of the segment Marie says: "It's been a fantastic day".
To which the reporter comments: "Do you (formal you) even think it has been a funny day"?
Marie laughingly admits that it has.

The other main character in the this segment is a boy named Oskar, and my hand itched, wanting to give him a haircut. My own son is also pretty longhaired and I've threathened to cut his hair in his sleep. :devil:

On another note. Mary clearly speaks with a Copenhagener accent, but Marie is a bit more difficult to pin down, she certainly has picked up a few local Southern Jutlandic sounds, then suddenly a Copenhagener accent pops up.

Last edited:
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #41, 2012.
Marie legede med ilden - Marie played with fire.
Written by our fiery correspondent Ken Richter.

As you now our Marie took a very active part in the nation wide fire prevention campaing at schools.
As such she, and other firefighters from the Civil Defence arrived at Tønder School in a fireengine, with lights flashing and horns blaring.
Wearing a fake burn on her cheek, she enthusiastically took part in helping pupils putting out a fire in a pot and pushing a soccer ball with the help of the water jet from a firehose. It was here an anarchistic firehose squirted her right in the face, leading her to crack up:
"I got water in the eye, but that's what happens when you are a bit active".

After handing out diplomas to the pupils she said: "It's important that children learn how dangerous fires are and I can both see and hear that they have already learned a lot".

Last years Marie went through the four weeks of basic course at the Civil Defence. (*)

(*) I use Civil Defence on purpose, even though that is no longer the correct name, because everyone know what civil defence is, but The Emergency Agency? What's that??

- AS BB only cover Marie's arrival to Cambodia, I'll wait until next week to write about that.

Lovely black dress Prss Marie is wearing and she looks really good for an evening dinner.

Princess Marie officially visited the Emergency Management Agency South in Haderslev today, March 9, 2013 - and as a special surprise brought all her boys with her ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** tvsyd.dk: Prinsesse-besøg på beredskabscenter ** translation **

** billedbladet.dk: Prinsesse Marie fik vist bål og ulykke ** translation **

** jv.dk: Prinsesse Marie og familien kom tæt på Beredskabsstyrelsens redningsarbejde ** translation **

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ENTaE_FI7K0

Last edited:
how cute to bring the 3 boys and Joachim :flowers:

Our Marie picked a fine day for canooing. A bit chilly at the coast perhaps.

Kattegatcenteret is located less than an half an hour from where we live and we know it pretty well. It needs some publicity because times have been hard. With the ongoing crisis visits to such places are among the things people save.

I'm sure we can expect to see more tonight at TV2's regional news: tv2oj.dk

Last edited:
A segment from TV2 Eastern Jutland, covering our Marie's visit to the Kattegat Centre. (Kattegat is the stretch of sea between Jutland, Norway and Denmark). TV 2 | ØSTJYLLAND | Marie: "Jeg er imponeret" | Nyheder | Norddjurs

Marie said she was very impressed and the interactive activities is a good idea and answering a question she replied that the centre would interest her children.

- She is using simple sentences and fairly simple words, but apart from her accent her Danish was perfect in regards to pronounciation and grammar. And she spoke fast! She is as such very easy to understand indeed.
Mary use more complicated sentence structures and often more difficult words but I have to say Marie's pronounciation is now just as good and in some ways better.

Last edited:
Marie is looking superb lately!!! She's always my favorite of the DRF. So glad that she's working more now.

Here is a short description on Marie's next event on August 13 to the Hans Christian Andersen Children's Hospital in Odense

Yes, and while Isabella went to school for the first time, our Marie visited a children's ward at Odense University Hospital.
A seven pic gallery: Indlagte børn fik besøg af prinsesse - fyens.dk - Odense

A brief clip from TV2 Fyn: http://www.tv2fyn.dk/article/420832:Prinsesse-Marie-besoegte-boernehospital?rss
The girl in the striped blouse is eleven year old Maya who is sufferening from a lung desease, which means she has been committed many times since she was a toddler.
Marie was informed about the project Children's Cohorte, where 3.000 children will be followed from birth until they turn 18. The aim is to get an overview of their overall health.
Marie also visited the cancer ward for children.

- One's daily problems are so trivial in comparison...

Last edited:
Here is video from BB, complete with very annoying background music! Video: Prinsesse Marie imponeret over skoleelever

Marie today visited a state school in Espergærde.
Here she was taken for a tour of the school with emphasis on the pupils from 0-2 grade.
This school also has a kind of mentor arrangement, though in contrast to the school Bella and Christian is attending, only to the second grade.

Marie also visited a 7th grade being taught French and listened to the pupils commending them and saying she would wish she spoke as well Danish as they spoke French. As we can actually hear the pupils speak French, I'll leave it those who speak French to judge. They also had a skype co-operation with a high school class who also study French, as a part of being taught French, which is brilliant idea.
Notice the teacher who managed to do 4½ curtesy when our Marie entered the classroom.
With her also went Minister for Education Christine Antorini, but who cares about her, she's Radical... but they are also human, I suppose.

Marie appeared to be very busy when she left, for once almost declining to say a few words but did it anyway, commending the school and believing it would be the best school. Half way in the car she added that all her children, boys and girls and what not, are learning French.

Last edited:
She is in great shape and the dress really suits, besides the bright colour of dress makes her visible among other taller people.

i agree, what a nice haircut for marie! it really suits her.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #35, 2013.
Børnenes prinsesse - The children's Princess.
Written by Trine Larsen.

Marie recently visited the H.C. Andersen Children's Hospital in Odense. (*)
Here she was recieved by a flowergirl in the shape of Maja Augustinus Uhrenholdt, aged eleven. Maja is suffering from a rare lung disorder and she has so far spend about half her life in hospital.
During the visit Marie was told about the hospital and the research co-operation between the hospital and Southern Jutland University, for which Marie is also patron.
One of the projects involves following 3.000 children from birth until they turn eighteen. The purpose is the map their general health, individually as well as a segment of the population. But also to learn whether their lifestyle has an effect on their health in the long run.

On the way to the cancer ward which she was to visit next, Marie took her time to say hello to all children on the way, and it was here she noticed sitting on a bench a bit to the side, a mother with a girl on her lap. The girl was somewhat unsettled by the commotion, so Marie sat down next to them, and chatted with the child while caressing her knee. And after a little while it wasn't so bad with all those people around. - Perhaps also helped by the photographers respectfully not thrusting their lenses op the nose of the child, but maintaining a distance.

Later on Marie visited a workshop ReMiDa. Here children have access to all sorts of discarded material which they can convert in whatever way their creativity leads them. In the words of a three year old: "That thing deserves to become another thing". And the children had made hats from table napkins and one was presented to Marie as a gift, which she put on her head straight away. As you may be able to tell from the photos the napkin-hat was adorned with bottons, pearls and pompoms. The children had also made genuine princess shoes for Marie, complete with pearls and glitter.
Then the hospital clowns, Liva and Pablo entertained, before it was time for six year old Laura Rygaard to take over.

Laura Rygaard, being in the princess-age, was dressed accordingly in a frilly skirt and slilver shoes. Alas she also has a tumor on her spine.
Laura told Marie about a computer game for the children at the hospital, which Laura herself has helped create. The game is basically a run down of what is going to happen when a child go to a hospital and it's developed as a way to explain the children what is going to happen so that they won't be so scared.
There is a very charming pic in the article of Laura whispering something to Marie, while they sit in front of a laptop. It looks like instructions... (**)
Marie said afterwards: "It's utterly fantastic, because it's made and explained in a way that is not at all frightning".

In one of the corridors Marie met a familiar and dear face in the shape of the nurse Merete Matz, who for a number of years was nanny for Nikolai and Felix and who has also helped out at Schackenborg from time to time. They greeted each other heartily.

Our reporter observes that our Marie seemed much more confident, empatic and relaxed this time than usual. - Suggesting that she has now genuinely settled in as Princess and also that this is a topic that is close to Marie's heart.

(*) I'm pleased to see that Marie in particular perhaps is not only covering Southern Jutland very much, but also Funen. That island has a tendency I think to be overlooked, squeased in as it is between Jutland and Zealand.

(**) All of us who are parents or are used to dealing with children know that in the eyes of children, we adults, when it comes to computers, really are a bit slow. You sometimes have to be a little patient with the adults...

Last edited:
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #36, 2013.
Marie i stormvejr - Marie in stormy weather. (*)
Written by Annelise Weimann.

On a day when the wind was slightly fresh our Marie went to the city of Esbjerg on the west coast to open a new gymnasium (high school). It's actually an amalgamation of several school and there are now 1.300 pupils attending there.
The red carpet was laid out, but wouldn't lay still. What to do? And in the practical manner of the west coast they simply placed cobbled stones, now that carpent ain't gonna go anywhere! - Something almost unthinkable in the rest of the country. :lol:

There she come, Marie, looking chic as always. Closely accompanied by towering figure of the Minister for Education, Christine Antorini. You can't miss her, she's the women ruining the pictures with Marie... And she's Radical...:ermm: (**)

Marie handled the task with the self confidence that comes with practise. The article points out that her ever increasing number of jobs is rubbing off and she has become a pretty seasoned royal now.

It's also a confirmation of the division of work within the DRF, where Joachim and Marie to a high extent cover Southern Jutland and Funen.

(*) Well, if you ask the locals along the west coast of Jutland, it was just a bit breezy.
Windy is what the rest of the country would call a bad storm. And a storm at the west coast is defined by dogs, trees and roofs flying around.

(**) As you can perhaps guess my admiration for the Radicals is limited. They may not have been (directly) responsible for the earthquake that levelled San Fransisco in 1906, but I'm perfectly willing to blame them for all other calamities since then...;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom