Princess Benedikte and Prince Richard, Current Events 2: September 2005 - March 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for posting iceflower.

Lovely video, Princess Beneditke is certainly a classy lady.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #6, 2014.
Written by Trine Larsen.

Who is a bit of a conflict with herself, because she manages to write that Benedikte intend her 70th birthday to be both low-key and celebrated with some kind of at fairly big party.

Benedikte turns 70 on Tuesday 29th April and is described as being celebrated disceetly. Benedikte is not particular interested in her own birthday she's much more interested in other people's B-days. (*)
She explains: "You shouldn't run away from your age, but remain occupied and enjoy the daily life. A happy life is better than treatments against wrinkles".
As to the birthday: "The preparations haven't really started yet, but I will celebrate the day at home in Berleburg".

(*) Just like me. If it wasn't for Mrs. Muhler I would - well, I do get, my age wrong half the time someone ask me.

Yesterday, February 20, Princess Benedikte visited the exhibition "Pas De Deux Royal" with art works of Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik at the ARoS Kunstmuseum in Solna:

** BB: Prinsesse Benedikte så kongelig kunst ** translation **

** dagens.dk gallery: Galleri: Prinsesse Benedikte besøger regentparrets udstilling **

And she visited the exhibition "Leonardo da Vinci’s inventions" at the Museum of the Koldinghus in Kolding.

** lokalavisen.dk gallery: SE BILLEDERNE: Prinsesse Benedikte besøgte Koldinghus **

Yesterday, February 20, Princess Benedikte visited the exhibition "Pas De Deux Royal" with art works of Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik at the ARoS Kunstmuseum in Solna: **

With all due respect please allow me to correct a minor geographical hick-up;
Solna is a municipality just north of Stokholm/Sweden (Haga Palace the home of Victoria & Daniel located in Solna) - ARoS is in Aarhus which is the 'capital' of Jutland/Denmark. :)
Here is a link to the museum:
Ti etager og 17.700 kvadratmeter med dansk og international kunst i hjertet af Aarhus

You are most welcome Iceflower.

I get the impression that Princess B has been taking on more official duties over the last couple of years. This may be brought on by the easy access to the royal calendars. Have you or anyone else noticed PB being busier than usual? (I am not implying that she was ever lazy) :)

Yesterday, April 7, Princess Benedikte attended the opening of the Danish pavilion at the Hannover Fair in Hannover, Germany.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

:previous:Wow! thank you Muhler for all the work in scanning and translating.
its very lovely:flowers::flowers:

I like picture #7, that looks like a young couple that have caught each others eyes.
;)

Her Royal Highness Princess Benedikte receives Monday, September 15 at. 11:00

Here is the program

Kl. 10:30
Meeting time for the press at Christian VIII's Palace, Amalienborg.

Kl. 10:45
The Greenlandic and Danish children arrive at Amalienborg Palace.
Led to the Great Hall, Christian VIII's Palace.

Kl. 11:00
Her Royal Highness Princess Benedikte welcome.
Speech by Mayor Hans Toft, Gentofte Municipality.

Then there will be a relaxed atmosphere with the children. The press can be present about pm. 11:30.
Source: www.kongehuset.dk

:previous:

As in previous years Princess Benedikte received children from Greenland and children from Gentofte Municipality at Amalienborg today, September 15. The children are on an school exchange.

** ppe gallery **

Princess Benedikte opened the exhibition "Tuxen - colour, countryside and crown" at the Fuglsang art museum in Toreby, Lolland, today, October 9:

** Pic ** Fuglsang Kunstmuseum ** video **

Last edited:
I may understand He is not Prince Henrik's close Friend..
years ago he had critics about the Prince Consort wearing such a lot of Decorations...
The 3 Sun in Laws of the late King of Denmark had totally different lifes.
Happy lives , not sure !

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #46, 2014.
Written by Annelise Weimann.

Prince Richard has only given one interview in connection with his 80th birthday and that was to the newspaper Westdeutsche Allgemeine Zeitung and only becase that papers writes a good deal about hunting.

Prince Richard didn't really want to talk about his birthday, he much referred to talk about the forests around Berleburg, the bisons that have been let lose there and preservation of nature, but he did talk a little about his life though.

The Grim Reaper has reached out for him at least three times. The first time during WWII: "That was during the war and I was a big lad. They tried to bomb the schloss but instead the bomb fell in the park, only 30 meters from me".

The second time was in 1956: "I was driving through a small German town when suddenly a woman appeared on a motorbike. When I tried to avoid hitting her my car began to wobble and it drove directly into a wall and rolled about. I was unhurt and crawled out at once and ran to talk to the woman.
When I returned to the car a police officer was standing looking inside to se whether the driver was still alive. When I said it was me who had driven the car and that was completely unhurt, he didn't believe me".

The third time was recently and here Prince Richard for once listened to someone else: "I have a doctor in Denmark (who is also a personal friend), he checks me regularly. Two years ago he said: You have an aortic aneurysm, you need surgery. Fine I said, we'll fix that next month, when the hunting season is over. Then it's too late he replied, you'll be dead".

Apart from that he has narrowly avoided being crushed under his horse when it tripped.

But what is then the best part about turning 80? - "The fact that I even managed to live long enough to turn 80"!

:previous:this interview made me smile.

Many thanks for the translation Muhler. He is an interesting character. I wish him well and Many happy returns for his milestone birthday. He is now in the OBE club. That's Over Bloody Eighties Club!! as they say in some parts here. OBE is generally known as a British award. But some cheeky Aussies call it the former.

:previous: Thanks Tarlita for the smile :lol: Now OBE will never be the same for me again.

You are welcome, Polyesco. :)

Have any of you seen or recorded 'Die Fürsten zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Berleburg' on German television?

I would like to see it, unfortunately it is not broadcast in the near future. The TV station would send me a recording. But before I do that, I wanted to ask here first?!

what's happening to her husband? Is far away from events nowadays.

Just pop it into google translate :)

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #11, 2015.
Written by Marianne Singer.

As patron Princess Benedikte recently went to a horse show in the town of Herning. And with her went Princess Nathalie, who share her mothers passion for horses.
- Now, since I don't know one hoof about horses, except that they have a sweet taste, I will go to the more personal details.

Alexander Johannsmann was around too, but he was looking after the latest grandchild, Louisa, who was born in January.

Q: How is Louisa?
Nathalie: "She's splendid. It's very easy - such infants will dring and eat and that's it. Then you can more or less take them anywhere. It's a bit more complicated with a little four and a half year old boy, who don't think horses are that exciting right now".

Nathalie maintains that Louisa resemble her older brother Konstantin: "Yes, you can tell they are siblings".
And Konstatin has accepted his younger sister: "He's really, really proud and really sweet to her".

And now that the birth is over Nathalie is bck in the saddle, riding no less than four horses. She had the shakes because she wasn't riding for three months prior to giving birth.

Apart from that Nathalie has employed a Danish au pair, in order to teach the children Danish. Also, Alexander Johannsmann doesn't work as much as he used to.
So Nathalie has also found time to write a book. You guessed it, about a horse.

But mormor (maternal grandmother) Benedikte is also pretty pleased with the latest grandchild: "It's tremendously cozy and lovely that they have had a little girl. When you have a boy, then it's delightful - both daughters have one of each. It's as fine as it can be".

Q: Whom do you thinl Louise resemble?
Benedikte: "For the moment I think she resembles her father, but that can change.
She's sweet, very well behaved. I do believe that if both parents are calm, then the child will become calm as well. I think you can tell that. It's clear that she cries when she for example is hungry, but apart from that she's sweet and quiet and sleep and all that it takes. So that's lovely".

Thanks, Iceflower. :flowers:

Yes, they milked that one big time!

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #20, 2015.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen.

Benedikte was the surprise guests at the Inner Wheels international women's conference and just before she arrived, the conferencier announced: "As a very special surprise Denmark's Princess Benedikte will in just a moment arrive here to take part in the event". Whereupon the doors went up and a slightly surprised Benedikte entered to the fifes and drums of the Tivoli Guard.
Listening to a couple of speeches Benedikte the christened a rose for the event: I christen you Inner Wheel Forever".

- I'm not thaaaat sure Benedikte was that impressed by being introduced like a novelty...

On May 28 Princess Benedikte visited the exhibition "The hidden power of women and children" at Skarhult Castle in Sweden:

** Pic **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom