Princess Alexandra, Current Events 3: April 2006 - March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I totally agree that she is more substance than fluff. She is by far my favorite princess, and for that reason. But what makes a princess a princess, and not just another substantial, multi-lingual, well-intentioned person doing charity work, is her presence, and clothes are important to some degree. They are not everything, but they are important, at least to me. They are what makes it fun to look at the pictures, I guess.

I guess all that intensive holidaying with Martin must be exhausting.
No wonder she looks tired.
11 working days in 3 and a half month!

<Edited by Mandy/Admin to remove last sentence>

Last edited by a moderator:
I wonder now that she is not a member of The Royal Family anymore if she is not getting as many request to attend functions,as she once did.Thats why she has so much time for holidays.

ricarda said:
I guess all that intensive holidaying with Martin must be exhausting.
No wonder she looks tired.
11 working days in 3 and a half month!

i guess the princess is never right :rolleyes: !! if she does too much work like overseas trip then she would be accused of abandoning her sons, and if she does less work then she would be accused of being lazy.

I'm still glad we can see Alexandra from time to time, and i don't think she's being lazy. We still see her having around the same amount of engagements as do Joachim or Frederik, maybe more.

However, as her sons grows older, i would like to see her getting more involve in the causes she belief in, like children & unicef. Perhaps taking a part-time work on it, and making more Unicef Visits all around the world.
We all know she has that charm of making everyone smiles & feel comfortable... ;)

<Edited by Mandy/Admin to remove last sentence of quoted message>

blyton said:
I wonder now that she is not a member of The Royal Family anymore if she is not getting as many request to attend functions,as she once did.Thats why she has so much time for holidays.

Yes, that is indeed a possibility. However, I don't know if tht is the case, especially as she still retains the patronages she had before the divorce, and non of the other members of the DRF are appearing for those charities. I can't imagine those charities turning around and saying "oh, we desperately need to get our message out there, and even though you're still popular, we won't ask you because you're now divorced".

Maybe its just her downtime right now. Would love to see her resume the same hectic pace though (local appearances preferred, that way she can't be accused of leaving the boys behind).

purple_platinum said:
i guess the princess is never right :rolleyes: !! if she does too much work like overseas trip then she would be accused of abandoning her sons, and if she does less work then she would be accused of being lazy.

I'm still glad we can see Alexandra from time to time, and i don't think she's being lazy. We still see her having around the same amount of engagements as do Joachim or Frederik, maybe more.

I have never seen Alexandra being accused of abandoning her sons or being lazy.
Quite on the contrary, unlike "lazy" Joachim and Frederik
(who according to Ekstrabladet both had more official engagements than Alexandra)
she has the reputation of being the "busiest" member of the DRF.
Hectic pace.:rolleyes: All substance, no fluff.:rolleyes:

And I think this reputation is undeserved.:D

We all know she has that charm of making everyone smiles & feel comfortable... ;)

Please, don't generalize.;)
I met her and Joachim once and she did not make me smile.
My impression was: That woman loves being a princess but does not care at all for the man at her side.
And this was in 1998!

I also don't think she made Joachim feel comfortable.
But then perhaps he did not make her feel comfortable too.:rolleyes:

several more pictures from Alexandra's last event (from Cover)

I have just read that special page about Princess Alexandra of Denmark at the hello magazine website. And I would say that I agree with it..

She deserves all the good things in her life right now!

I too hve just read the special report in Hello Magazine on Pss Alexandra....and totally agree with it! The pictures are lovely and she's a wonderful asset to the Danish Royal Family. She's held herself well during the divorce and after.

bigheadshirmp said:
Thanks for the link.

ricarda said:
Quite on the contrary, unlike "lazy" Joachim and Frederik
(who according to Ekstrabladet both had more official engagements than Alexandra)
she has the reputation of being the "busiest" member of the DRF.
Hectic pace.:rolleyes: All substance, no fluff.:rolleyes:
And I think this reputation is undeserved.:D
Did Extrabladet mention about in what period of the official engagement they refer to?
Could you post the links please....
----

Does anybody know (from credibility source of course) how many official engagements Alexandra have done during her princess life up until now?, and how many Joachim and Frederick (and other DRF members) have done in the same period?
Then I will agree or disagree about she deserved to get reputation as the busiest member of DRF;).

April 26, 2006: Princess Alexandra attended the finals of 'The Public-Speaking Competition for Schools' at the residence of the ambassador of Australia at Her Highness the patron of The English-Speaking Union. (Translated by Lasse Pedersen)

I must say the red really suits her. She looks refreshing in that dress. I am pretty sure this is the first time she has worn this suit.

Attachments

• 585518a.jpg
    585518a.jpg
    27.3 KB · Views: 391
  • 585518b.jpg
    585518b.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 525
  • 585518c.jpg
    585518c.jpg
    25.6 KB · Views: 1,187
she looks gorgeous in red!!!! and finally something that's colorful!!!

I really like Alexandra, she didn't do the Fergie thing and left the country and her charities and responsabilities behind; she chose to continue serving the RF and the people of Denmark and I admire her for that:)

Princess Alexandra looks really nice in the red outfit! I wish we saw a bit for of her.

galuhcandrakirana said:
Did Extrabladet mention about in what period of the official engagement they refer to?
Could you post the links please....
----

I was referring to the article that was posted by Larzen in the "Danish Royal Family Current Events" thread.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f24/danish-royal-family-current-events-part-2-a-9448-4.html

They counted from the beginning of 2006 to Easter/mid-April.

I do not know how many functions she attended since she became princess.
But I am watching the DRF's calendar since it is online.
And my impression is: she does her bit, but it's not as much as to justify adjectives like "busiest" or "hardworking".
And she is definitely not the busiest member of the family.
Her activities were/are just better covered by the press than those of the other members.

P. Alexandra is a real asset for the royal house.

ricarda said:
I was referring to the article that was posted by Larzen in the "Danish Royal Family Current Events" thread.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f24/danish-royal-family-current-events-part-2-a-9448-4.html

They counted from the beginning of 2006 to Easter/mid-April.

I do not know how many functions she attended since she became princess.
But I am watching the DRF's calendar since it is online.
And my impression is: she does her bit, but it's not as much as to justify adjectives like "busiest" or "hardworking".
And she is definitely not the busiest member of the family.
Her activities were/are just better covered by the press than those of the other members.

acutally...if you are familiar with Princess Alexandra's activities, you should know that she's usually busy during the summer months and during the Winter times
During the winter months, she will travel to certain places around the world with UNICEF and the Girls Radio Choir (that's every single year), and she also might travel to China to promote Danish industry.

In 2003, she traveled to Thialand with UNICEF (february)

In 2004, she travelled to Washintong, D.C., to meet Laura Bush (January)
- also in New York for UNICEF (January)
- March in Bosnia for UNICEF
- July in China with the DR radio girls choir
- November in Bangladesh and India for UNICEF

In 2005, she 's in New York for UNICEF in january
- March in Russia
- April went to Shanghai China to promote Danish Industry and somthing about HCAnderson
- August in London with the DR radio girl's choir
- Oct- Nov went to Sri Lanka with UNICEF
- November in Russia with the DR radio girl's choir
- November in South Aftrica
- November in China

and these are just something about Princess Alexandra travelling around the world with different organizations that's she's a patron of. Don't forget that she's a partron of 21 (or 24 can't remember) organizations in Denmark!

I think the words "sincere and dedicated" are the adjectives that best describes the well-loved Princess Alexandra of Denmark.

There are some people who might agree or disagree to opinions that she is the busiest member of the Danish Royal Family. Of course, we could not really attest that for sure she is the busiest because each member of the family has different tasks depending on their role and capacity as a royal. Moreover, the more roles you have then the more tasks you have. Usually, the royal calendar shows to us that the schedule of Princess Alex are focused in her capacity as a patron / member of some groups and organizations. She couldn't be as busy as other royals because her tasks are usually limited to what she is called to do and perform.

In Princess Alex's case, she is not only a patron of more than two dozen charities but she is also a mother to two sons, a working royal, a citizen of Denmark and most of all a member of the royal family. And for sure, all of us would agree that she is one unique, dedicated and sincere person.

Alexandra looks beautiful in that red suit, and the skirt is gorgeous.

Princess Alexandra opened May 6 , 2006 the Race Against Breast Cancer in Copenhagen , sponsored by the organisation Danish Cancer Campagn which was held in connection with the event Science-Day in order to show how science can contribute to fight cancer.
DPA
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/

She is so beautiful in that red dress,it suits her very good.

very nice picture of Alexandra she is a charming woman.

P Alexandra looks great. A very outstanding representative for the organizations she supports and for the royal family.

Pss Alexandra is indeed a very beautiful lady and always very polish and elegant in her appearance.

PA ages so gracefully! Still looks so beautiful! If only all us girls were so lucky huh?

I was wondering if anyone has a clip of her speaking any of her languages (Danish, English, Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese?), etc...), or where I might be able to find them. Ideas? Thanks!

LaPlusBelle said:
I was wondering if anyone has a clip of her speaking any of her languages (Danish, English, Chinese (Mandarin or Cantonese?), etc...), or where I might be able to find them. Ideas? Thanks!
I know that there is inteview with Alexandra after her marriage but I didn't find it anymore, but we have this thread http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f33/videos-interview-speeches-1088.html but most of the link seems to be expired/ doesn't work anymore.

15/05 06 H.H. Prinsesse Alexandra åbner General Stevedoring Councils Annual General Meeting på Radisson SAS Royal Hotel, Hammerichsgade 1, København, kl. 09.15.
Face to Face

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom