Princess Alexandra, Current Events 3: April 2006 - March 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zonk, you don't have to take a shot in the dark because I actually expressed my feelings towards Alexandra in an earlier post in this thread.

I am referring to the beginning of the baptism when Alexandra walked down the middleway of the church and sat down.
I don't know if there were pictures capturing this moment but you could clearly see it on TV (I saw it on Norwegian TV).

Like I said..its pretty clear you don't like her. And you don't have to.

IMO...Alexandra hasn't done anything (at least that I know of) that she needs ashamed of. As I mentioned before...I reviewed the baptism thread...and perhaps she could have worn a weight on the front of dress..but I don't see anyone else being criticized because the wind blew up their dress. Alexandra has always represented her sons, herself, the Queen and Denmark in an extremely positive light. I guess that is why she is so well thought of by the Danish. I am not saying all of them like or love her. But at least some of them do.......the Queen and her family and perhaps some members of the Danish government who authorized/approved her salary/budget/wages, etc. And thats all that really matters. If they had an uproar from the public...I am sure it will be reduced or not paid at all.

Last edited:
Once again..it was not the wind who blew up her dress while she was walking to her seat in the church.
I would not critizise her for that (despite my dislike).
It was a lack of skirt and decency.

And I don't know what the Danish people, royal family and government have to do with Alexandra's exhibitionism.
They will not deny her the money because of her bare legs
but perhaps if she continues to work as little as she did this year.

Last edited:
Everyone needs to calm down. I agree with Zonk. Madeleine did not do anything wrong. All she did was take some amazing photos. As mentioned they are great photos and she has been kind enough to share them with us and I think I express the sentiments of most of us when I have to say a BIG Thank You to her for her wonderful photos. Secondly, I know some of you do not like Alexandra for whatever reason, and as such, no matter what she does or wears will irritate you. She has worn this outfit numerous times before and there haven't been any negative comments about it. She could wear a cloak and some of us would have negative statements about why she is wearing a cloak!

This is a small matter that's been blown out of proportion. When we look at the grand scheme of things in life, there is no reason to get upset about the angle of a photo or a skirt someone is wearing. Let's keep things in perspective. If we can't say anything nice or positive let's try not to say anything and move on. Life is too short to harp on these little things. Don't sweat the small stuff, because it is a really small issue. I hope I haven't been a nag. So everyone have a nice day and don't stress, okay?

Last edited:
PrincessDianafan said:
Everyone needs to calm down. I agree with Zonk. Madeleine did not do anything wrong. All she did was take some amazing photos. As mentioned they are great photos and she has been kind enough to share them with us and I think I express the sentiments of most of us when I have to say a BIG Thank You to her for her wonderful photos. Secondly, I know some of you do not like Alexandra for whatever reason, and as such, no matter what she does or wears will irritate you. She has worn this outfit numerous times before and there haven't been any negative comments about it. She could wear a cloak and some of us would have negative statements about why she is wearing a cloak!

This is a small matter that's been blown out of proportion. When we look at the grand scheme of things in life, there is no reason to get upset about the angle of a photo or a skirt someone is wearing. Let's keep things in perspective. If we can't say anything nice or positive let's try not to say anything and move on. Life is too short to harp on these little things. Don't sweat the small stuff, because it is a really small issue. I hope I haven't been a nag. So everyone have a nice day and don't stress, okay?

Bravo! I agree wholeheartedly.

ricarda said:
I was originally commenting an article which mentioned that she could very easily get a job because of her know-how and her connections.
Therefore your argument isn't valid.
Would she be able to sustain it though?

ricarda said:
Alexandra could work if she would want it and I am sure she could even get a part-time job.
Queen Margrethe has always struck me a very "old school" monarch, I doubt she would want a former daughter-in-law and mother to the 4th and 5th in line of the throne working in an office.

PrincessDianafan said:

Thank you for trying to calm things down but I was actually very calm.
I just happen to have a sceptical approach towards Alexandra.
And please read posts carefully before you respond and disagree/agree.

I did not say Madeleine did anything wrong, nor did Zonk.
(Therefore I can't quite see why you agree with her on that subject.)
I also did not critizise Alexandra's recycled dress.

IMO she dressed in a conservative, ladylike way but she did not sit like a lady.
And it's not the first time she does it. That's my criticism.
It may be a small thing but for me it is somehow symbolic.
IMO Alexandra is a hypocrite, with a good-looking surface and not much underneath
(like her coatdress at the baptism).
That's why I started to dislike her.

And this is a messageboard where we can express our opinions, good and bad.

Last edited:
Little_star said:
Would she be able to sustain it though?

Well, that's a problem every working person has to deal with, isn't it?
And why should Alexandra not be able to sustain it?

Little_star said:
Queen Margrethe has always struck me a very "old school" monarch, I doubt she would want a former daughter-in-law and mother to the 4th and 5th in line of the throne working in an office.

I doubt she wanted the 3rd in line to the throne (and the mother and father of the 4th and 5th in line) to be divorced, but he is.
Not saying that it is Alexandra's fault but that
things do not always work out like the Queen may want them.

ricarda said:
Thank you for trying to calm things down but I was actually very calm.
I just happen to have a sceptical approach towards Alexandra.
And please read posts carefully before you respond and disagree/agree.

I did not say Madeleine did anything wrong, nor did Zonk.
(Therefore I can't quite see why you agree with her on that subject.)
I also did not critizise Alexandra's recycled dress.

IMO she dressed in a conservative, ladylike way but she did not sit like a lady.
And it's not the first time she does it. That's my criticism.
It may be a small thing but for me it is somehow symbolic.
IMO Alexandra is a hypocrite, with a good-looking surface and not much underneath
(like her coatdress at the baptism).
That's why I started to dislike her.

And this is a messageboard where we can express our opinions, good and bad.

Spot on......Ricarda. Very well said! I always love and enjoy your posts. You are very eloquent to put things in perspective.
thumbsup.gif

Once again, you have hit the nail on the head. I agree with you wholeheartedly. :flowers:

There is no fault of our beloved and talented photographer - Madeleine Glindorf. It is simply the way Alexandra sitting on the chair - the look it allows under her skirt . It is a "total miss" in terms of style, not as a Princess on an official function.
eek.gif

So, it is noone's fault other than Alexandra's bad and indecent sitting posture. Alexandra is accountable to herself for her own actions.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think my point has been missed. The email was to not merely say it's a skirt. Okay, I may have phrased in a way that could be misread, probably I did, but I was agreeing with a previous post about it not being Madeleine's fault about the picture, as there was one post(not yours by the way) which implied she purposely took it from that angle. There is nothing anyone can do to change the way Alexandra dresses. I don't think she's the fashion icon many people think or claim she is and I don't think she is comparable to Diana as has been mentioned in articles of the past. Alexandra is going to dress how she dresses. Fergie made the same mistakes with her wardrobe, but let's not even go there.

You are entitled to your opinions, everyone is. But don't let what she wears or how she sits get to you. But don't most ladies cross their legs? Then again in the movie Princess Diaries, the princess was encouraged to sit with her legs crossed at the ankles and that is how Princess Diana sat occasionally. We will never know Alexandra's true motivations or intentions we can only make assumptions and that is a dangerous thing because assumptions may or may not be true and if it isn't we're getting all worked up for no reason. I'm not saying that this may be true, but I'm saying this from personal experience. I've assumed a lot of things and gotten worked up about things only to find out there was no reason to get worked up in the first place, do you know what I mean? As this is a forum, it is very difficult to read ones' tone, so I apologize if I misread yours as not being calm and I hope you don't misread mine. Like I said, it's a skirt, she's an ex wife of a prince and she's going to irritate some of us but not others with what she does, but let's not make a big deal out of it. Life is too short for a princess to irritate you, a boss or a colleague maybe. Let's accentuate the positive. Have a good day.

Last edited:
Princess Alexandra visit RCT, Rehabilitation and Research Centre for Torture Victims in Copenhagen.

from polfoto

imagehandlerservletog5.jpg

[/URL

Linda Hsu said:
So, it is noone's fault other than Alexandra's bad and indecent sitting posture. Alexandra is accountable to herself for her own actions. In fact, there are many photos of Alexandra in that sitting position as below
So I guess that means most Royal ladies have "bad and indecent sitting posture" as I can recall seeing alot of them sat in a similar manner. Diana, Mary, Rania, Maxima. All bad and indecent it woudl seem!

Thank you for the new photos, fanletizia. That grey suit is gorgeous.

Exactly Little Star! Isn't that one of the ways a lady should sit in a chair?

And here's a question for the ladies out there...if you wore a coat dress would you also wear a skirt? Isn't that a little redundant. I have never done so...but maybe I am missing something.

Alexandra looks lovely in her most recent engagement. Thanks for the pics!

ricarda said:
Well, that's a problem every working person has to deal with, isn't it?
And why should Alexandra not be able to sustain it?
I was thinking from the fact that she's been out of the job market for such a long time. There is no way she would be able to re-enter the workplace at the high level she was at before.

I think Alexandra could go back to work (although who are we to say she isn't working now) and sustain if she'd like. But somehow.....I don't think the Queen would like her ex daughter in law to go back to office grind. She appears to be satisfied with Alex doing public engagements. I am sure if Joachim remarries...then they (Joachim, Alex, the new wife, and the Queen) will readjust their thinking but why change it now...it seems to be working.

Zonk said:
Exactly Little Star! Isn't that one of the ways a lady should sit in a chair?
Actually, I think the correct way is to sit with your feet together at the ankles. However I think most people just don't care these days.
I think the recent pictures should be put down to a combination of a bad camera angle (unintentional) and bad posture on Alex's part. After all, the skirt isn't indecently short or anything.

Zonk said:
I think Alexandra could go back to work (although who are we to say she isn't working now) and sustain if she'd like. But somehow.....I don't think the Queen would like her ex daughter in law to go back to office grind. She appears to be satisfied with Alex doing public engagements. I am sure if Joachim remarries...then they (Joachim, Alex, the new wife, and the Queen) will readjust their thinking but why change it now...it seems to be working.
That's the way I see it as well. Moreover I think in a way it's the Queen's way of saying thanks to Alex for her dedication to the family in the past.

Any real lady, including royals and commoners, need to be careful when wearing knee (or shorter) length skirts and sitting. Wether you cross your legs or not, we must make sure to "tuck in" our skirts once we have been seated to avoid this sort of 'wardrobe malfunction', I guess that's what it's called, right?

I took etiquette classes (my mother forced me to do this when I was 10!) and this is one of the first things we were taught.

I liked this grey suit on her much better then the brown one. I wish she would wear more color. She looks really nice in Red and Turquoise.

Yes, I also liked this gray suit on her rather than the brown one.

I was around three years ago when Alexandra and Joachim were still married and the comments on Alexandra were almost uniformly positive. Did all those people leave the boards or did they change their minds about her? She's in a bad position, and handling it gracefully. I can't believe anyone would think that Alexandra meant to be photographed in this way, or that she was unduly careless. You can clearly see that the skirt was long enough when she was standing. Why don't people give her a break?

Personally I don't think there is anything wrong with the picture - the skirt is not too short, and doesn't really reveal anything. Ideally, you should avoid crossing your legs - but it can be difficult sometimes not to do it.

I have not seen anything in her background to indicate that she would deliberately sit in a provocative manner. :)

fanletizia said:
Princess Alexandra visit RCT, Rehabilitation and Research Centre for Torture Victims in Copenhagen.

from polfoto
[/URL

i love her new hairdo today!!! and i think that this grey suit fits her better :wub: :wub: :wub:

Linda Hsu said:
Spot on......Ricarda. Very well said! I always love and enjoy your posts. You are very eloquent to put things in perspective.
thumbsup.gif

Once again, you have hit the nail on the head. I agree with you wholeheartedly. :flowers:

There is no fault of our beloved and talented photographer - Madeleine Glindorf. It is simply the way Alexandra sitting on the chair - the look it allows under her skirt . It is a "total miss" in terms of style, not as a Princess on an official function.
eek.gif

So, it is noone's fault other than Alexandra's bad and indecent sitting posture. Alexandra is accountable to herself for her own actions. In fact, there are many photos of Alexandra in that sitting position as below :

Here is one from Rex Features- credit to photographer Peter Grosen

Credit -AOP denmark

Credit Mayflower of CPMMB with thanks for the above photos. :flowers: :flowers:
I agree that Alexandra could have expected this, but people do make mistakes. They're human after all, and Alexandra is human too.

Speaking of mistakes, Linda, aren't you the Forum Member who is so addicted to drinking the Mary-Koolaid that you continuously cannot stomach one inch of constructive criticism to the Danish Crown Princess? You are as lenient to Mary and anything Mary does as you are intolerant to anything Alexandra does. Why?

You are calling Alexandra a hypocrite and sure she may well be, but if she is than Mary might be one too. But god forbid you would admit that a girl from Down Under could be a cynical member of the human race too. I'm not saying I think either Mary or Alexandra is hypocritical. I think both women are doing a good job regarding their scope. That you like one doesn't mean you have to dislike the other, that is a very childish and immature notion.

I think this should not be a let's bash the royal thread. Like the princess does not dress like Pamela Anderson but if she did, that would be a cause for debate. It's a smart suit. Not everyone is conscious of everything, especially when they have a speech or task at hand, and when you have photographers constantly surrounding you at events for over 10 years, it becomes so natural that you don't feel as conscious or self conscious as you probably did at the very beginning. If people don't like Princess Alexandra, they should not visit the thread to irritate themselves and make comments that may offend or irritate others. Sure everyone is entitled to their comments, but sometimes a bit of diplomacy should be in order. For example, one could think, this is an Alexandra thread, it was started by someone who likes her. Should I voice my negative opinion?

If one wants to avoid ruffling feathers, perhaps as I said in my very first post it is better not to say anything at all. Opinions are valid. But for the sake of avoiding debates and getting people upset we should refrain from making negative comments about anything. Look, the world is already a negative place and this forum is a place where we can escape from the negative things in the world, our lives and for a brief moment enter the world of royalty. Let's not drag the negativism into this forum as well. I hope that I have not offended anyone by my statements, that is not what I have intended, all I'm saying is please be positive. One negative/judgment has snowballed from something positive - Madeleine, sharing her pictures to the current situation. So PLEASE, for the sake of this thread, for the sake of this forum let's keep our comments positive. Thank You and have a nice day.

I can't believe anyone would think that Alexandra meant to be photographed in this way, or that she was unduly careless. You can clearly see that the skirt was long enough when she was standing

But that's the problem.
A skirt that is long enough while standing does not necessarily have to be too short while sitting.
Only if you are unduly careless or if it is meant that way.

princess olga said:
You are calling Alexandra a hypocrite and sure she may well be, but if she is than Mary might be one too. But god forbid you would admit that a girl from Down Under could be a cynical member of the human race too. I'm not saying I think either Mary or Alexandra is hypocritical. I think both women are doing a good job regarding their scope. That you like one doesn't mean you have to dislike the other, that is a very childish and immature notion.
I was around three years ago when Alexandra and Joachim were still married and the comments on Alexandra were almost uniformly positive. Did all those people leave the boards or did they change their minds about her? She's in a bad position, and handling it gracefully.

Actually it was I who called Alexandra a hypocrite, not LindaHsu.
And my sceptical approach started long before Frederik met Mary,
around the time when Joachim got engaged with Alexandra.
I always had my doubts and they became more and more over the years
(through own observations and hearsay) and finally I developed a dislike for Alexandra.
Only I was not a member of this board three (or 10) years ago and therefore could not express my opinion.
And I think 3 years ago the comments may have been more positive
because people really believed in that "faultless superprincess/loving wife and mother/busiest royal"-image
which was created by the media (with the help of Alexandra of course).
Then it turned out that it had nothing to do with reality.

I don't think that Alexandra's current position is that bad, moreover she and Joachim themselves are responsible for it.
But I agree and already said in a previous post that she handled the divorce very well.
See, I can say something positive about her.:lol:

(Regarding Mary only a few words since this is an Alexandra-thread:
In the beginning I was very sceptical towards her too, out of different reasons though.
I have a much better feeling now. But if I ever get the impression of hypocracy I will not hesitate to say so.)

Last edited:
Me too.
Btw. she has good legs and she know that and show:cool:

I think showing or not showing her legs she looks good anyway. I like her wearing jeans too.

What is that supposed to mean? It sounds like the princess presented or was presented anti-semitic propaganda- what up with that?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom