Princess Alexandra, Current Events 2: May 2005 - April 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Does Alexandra know abou this website? She should join.

I really agree with you galuhcandrakirana.
I think they could improve their lives further by reading some posts by the members of the TRF.

I think a lot of aspects on their lives would be reflected out from reading various posts here in TRF. I think the first aspect there is their fashion sense.

Ecco walkathon from face to face.

Attachments

• 00738256.jpg
    00738256.jpg
    103.8 KB · Views: 224
  • 00738248.jpg
    00738248.jpg
    111.4 KB · Views: 190
  • 00738257.jpg
    00738257.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 206
  • 00738255.jpg
    00738255.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 431
  • 00738254.jpg
    00738254.jpg
    115.7 KB · Views: 186
  • 00738253.jpg
    00738253.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 204
  • 00738252.jpg
    00738252.jpg
    121.7 KB · Views: 194
  • 00738251.jpg
    00738251.jpg
    114.4 KB · Views: 181
  • 00738250.jpg
    00738250.jpg
    125.1 KB · Views: 184
  • 00738249.jpg
    00738249.jpg
    100.4 KB · Views: 172
paulette said:
I really agree with you galuhcandrakirana.
I think they could improve their lives further by reading some posts by the members of the TRF.

I think a lot of aspects on their lives would be reflected out from reading various posts here in TRF. I think the first aspect there is their fashion sense.

I think that's unfair. While it's fun (and hopefully, mostly harmless) for contributors here to post about what dresses and hats etc. we like or don't like, I think it's unfair to imply that the quality of life for a royal woman could be improved by taking the fashion advice listed on these pages!!!!

Please don't misunderstand me- I too enjoy following the glamour that naturally surrounds royal women. I just don't think we should equate it with WHO these women are and what they experience in life.

Eliza

Today Princess Alexandra, the Countess of Frederiksborg, opened The International Ship Supplier Association's congress in Copenhagen. Two pictures from Fotomarktplatz.

Attachments

• The International Ship Supplier Association kongress 2sept 2005_1.jpg
    The International Ship Supplier Association kongress 2sept 2005_1.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 323
  • The International Ship Supplier Association kongress 2sept 2005_2.jpg
    The International Ship Supplier Association kongress 2sept 2005_2.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 317
GrandDuchess said:
Today Princess Alexandra, the Countess of Frederiksborg, opened The International Ship Supplier Association's congress in Copenhagen. Two pictures from Fotomarktplatz.

I love the hat. I can't see the outfit that she's wearing very well. Would someone else have a better picture? Thanks for posting these two GandDuchess :)

Today Princess Alexandra, the Countess of Frederiksborg, opened The International Ship Supplier Association's congress in Copenhagen.

Batch 1 from NewsCom.

Attachments

• showcasepix586457.jpg
    showcasepix586457.jpg
    27.6 KB · Views: 176
  • showcasepix586480.jpg
    showcasepix586480.jpg
    34.9 KB · Views: 209
  • showcasepix586473.jpg
    showcasepix586473.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 188
  • showcasepix586468.jpg
    showcasepix586468.jpg
    36.1 KB · Views: 260
  • showcasepix586461.jpg
    showcasepix586461.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 179
  • showcasepix586459.jpg
    showcasepix586459.jpg
    25.3 KB · Views: 161
  • showcasepix586455.jpg
    showcasepix586455.jpg
    29 KB · Views: 274
  • showcasepix586454.jpg
    showcasepix586454.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 209
  • showcasepix586452.jpg
    showcasepix586452.jpg
    27.8 KB · Views: 192
  • showcasepix586450.jpg
    showcasepix586450.jpg
    31.4 KB · Views: 246
Today Princess Alexandra, the Countess of Frederiksborg, opened The International Ship Supplier Association's congress in Copenhagen.

Batch 2 from NewsCom.

Attachments

• showcasepix586484.jpg
    showcasepix586484.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 164
  • showcasepix586493.jpg
    showcasepix586493.jpg
    31.9 KB · Views: 205
  • showcasepix586496.jpg
    showcasepix586496.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 185
  • showcasepix586501.jpg
    showcasepix586501.jpg
    32.3 KB · Views: 180
  • showcasepix586503.jpg
    showcasepix586503.jpg
    26 KB · Views: 163
  • showcasepix586510.jpg
    showcasepix586510.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 167
  • showcasepix586515.jpg
    showcasepix586515.jpg
    30.6 KB · Views: 236
  • showcasepix586521.jpg
    showcasepix586521.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 188
  • showcasepix586524.jpg
    showcasepix586524.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 158
  • showcasepix586539.jpg
    showcasepix586539.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 170
Thanks you so much for the new pics of Princess Alexandra, GrandDuchess and rchainho.The Princess seems really dutiful with her role although after the divorce, she does looks really happy, relax, than before when she was still in the Royal Family.

GrandDuchess said:

Batch 2 from NewsCom.

Thank you for the pictures :) Lovely outfit, I love the hat....but.. why is she wearing a black hat, blue outfit and grey shoes?!?!?! Or am I colour blind?

Good pick of attire by Princess Alex. She looked nice on that attire. Can someone have a close picture of her shoes. I think it was fashionable and it looked great on her.

In my own opinion, I think Princess Alex has the most fashionable secretary/former lady-in-waiting among the royal circle. Ms. Christine Lyng? never fails to look good even though she is wearing a simple attire.

I think that she is beautiful, she looks like actress Ashley Judd and for me Mary is the clon of Celine Dion.

Lisele said:
Thank you for the pictures :) Lovely outfit, I love the hat....but.. why is she wearing a black hat, blue outfit and grey shoes?!?!?! Or am I colour blind?
I think her shoes is white with black spots just like her hat and its bows colours. I wish she will not often wearing a dark colour hat during daylight event (except for a sadly event like a funeral), she looks more beautiful in light colour attire:).

GrandDuchess said:

more pics from deadline press.

She's wearing so much that white flower. Why? Is from what designer the flower? Chanel?

bigheadshirmp said:
article from billed bladet

Line rejser med Alexandra - 07-09-05
http://www.billedbladet.dk/default.asp?Action=Details&Item=3436

can someone plz give a summary?:D
The article says that Princess Alexandra will travel to Sri Lanka in November together with the Danish celeb Line Baun Danielsen. Alexandra will make the trip as protector for UNICEF in Denmark, and will visit their help and re-construction projects after almost a year has passed since the tsunami.

Just like when Princess Alexandra was in Bangladesh and India last year for UNICEF, this visit will also result in a TV programme that will be aired on DR in connection with the 1 year tsunami memorial in December.

I admire her for what she continues to do for Denmark. If she remarries, I do wonder if she will still visible to the public (I do think that it will cut down considerably).

But, I also think that she very well might not marry.

I could be wrong.

michelleq said:
I admire her for what she continues to do for Denmark. If she remarries, I do wonder if she will still visible to the public (I do think that it will cut down considerably).
I think as long Alexandra is still willing to keep her duty and doing many public engagements (even after re-marry) she will remain visible for public.

_____
In my opinion, Alexandra will remain popular to her people because of what she has done to the country and also her willing to continue her duty even after the divorcing and lost her Royal highness title:) .

galuhcandrakirana said:
I think as long Alexandra is still willing to keep her duty and doing many public engagements (even after re-marry) she will remain visible for public.

_____
In my opinion, Alexandra will remain popular to her people because of what she has done to the country and also her willing to continue her duty even after the divorcing and lost her Royal highness title:) .

I agree to some extent. But you can't deny that it will be different once she remarries. It is likely that she might lose her allowance, in which case she can depend on her divorce settlement (which is probably considerable), or she will have to work again (I mean, for herself, and not as a member of the royal family). In which case we might not see her as much.

But who knows. I didn't really think that the Danish government would continue paying her allowance, but they have, so we'll have to see when it happens.

Jasl said:
I agree to some extent. But you can't deny that it will be different once she remarries. It is likely that she might lose her allowance, in which case she can depend on her divorce settlement (which is probably considerable), or she will have to work again (I mean, for herself, and not as a member of the royal family). In which case we might not see her as much.

But who knows. I didn't really think that the Danish government would continue paying her allowance, but they have, so we'll have to see when it happens.
Her money from the Danish government is for life, even if she remarries. But if she remarries, she has to pay taxex of her money. But her house and a on-off-payment of about 10 million was paid for by Prince Joachim and he will also pay maintenance for the children.

fromEU said:
Her money from the Danish government is for life, even if she remarries. But if she remarries, she has to pay taxex of her money. But her house and a on-off-payment of about 10 million was paid for by Prince Joachim and he will also pay maintenance for the children.

Wow, really? I can't read Danish, so I'm just guessing here. It would be excellent if we could access a Danish legal database or something (something similar to austlii or scaleplus, or Hansard here in Australia) so we can have a look at the bill or parliamentary debate whereby they debated Alex's allowance. I can readily believe you though... and I think Thor has said the same thing on CPMaryMB.

At the same time, I still do have trouble believing that the allowance will continue even after she remarries. Its not that she's not hard working, because she is and her charities depend on her greatly... its just that royals get paid far more than the average person, and some (I know I would) have a problem with people who has lost most of their royal connection to continue being paid by the state. The law is changeable, and public opinion affects whether or not it will be retained. Personally, I think it will be hard to continue defending the current arrangements after remarriage.... but its up to the Danish parliament and the Danish people.

I think its a normal situation that when she agrees to keep working for those charity organisations (of course which belong to Denmark) then the country has to pay her. A princess or not when somebody work for someone they deserve to have payment. Alexandra has proofed that she is capable in doing her job then I am not very surprise if they want her to continue her job as a profesional (doesn't matter she remaries or not). About paying money for life time I don't know the real reason behind the decision (any Danish here can help explain more?), may be paying for life time means including pay her retire salary just like the other retire worker get. About what Joachim pay to her, I think she just gets what pre nuptial agreement had said:) .

Last edited:
She should remarry. She is too good for him. Just because he has statues, it doesn't mean he is the right one for her. He didn't earn his statues,she did through hard work. It's not too healthy to always stay in the snobbish circle, she needs fresh air. She doesn't need to continue to do charity for Denmark just to put up a show. She should spend her time that are more meaningful for herself. The kids should not always stay in that snobbish circle either. She is asian,although she is of mixed ancestry, but she still is asian. Asians cannot be fully accepted in the european circle and cannot fully understand their mentality. I think it's time that she moves on to a better life, being mentally and psycologically healthy. That uppe class circle is really phony in many ways, just look at how innocent Diana was suffering tremendously. Certain women can endure that kind of loneliness, but not everybody. She is natural, unpretentious, that can be seen on her face. She is beautiful enough already, she doen't need a fake fascade to brighten her up.

Good luck my dear princess! Treat yourself well! Forget about him, he is nothing compared to you. Your real prince is waiting for you!!!!

Wishing you the best luck and happiness with all my heart and soul!!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Stargate said:
She should remarry. She is too good for him..... She is asian,although she is of mixed ancestry, but she still is asian. Asians cannot be fully accepted in the european circle and cannot fully understand their mentality. .... That uppe class circle is really phony in many ways, just look at how innocent Diana was suffering tremendously....Good luck my dear princess! Treat yourself well! Forget about him, he is nothing compared to you. Your real prince is waiting for you!!!!

I disagree with a couple of things. They might not have been right for each other at the end, but I don't think one is too good for the other. I think Joachim has some excellent qualities, and he is hardworking, eventhough his work doesn't get as much publicity (let's face it, the media usually focuses on the princesses). So I really don't accept that Joachim is "nothing" compared to Alex. No human being can be nothing compared to another human being. I would never put a human being on such a high pedestal.

And about being Asian. Alex has said that she is as much a European as she is Asian. Her mum's full on German, and her dad is only half Asian, and she has many German relatives. I don't think the breakdown of their marriage is because Alex wasn't fully accepted... far from it! She was, for a very long time, the brightest star in the DRF. They had some private problems, and that's why they divorced.

In regards to Diana, she was already part of nobility, and she was certainly part of that group already - that was her world.

You can find the Danish laws, among other places, on http://www.ft.dk (in Danish) or http://www.retsinfo.dk (also Danish)

Law about yearly money for Princess Alexandra:
- She has a yearly basic sum of 1.526.000 DKR
- The sum is regulated on April 1st, and October 1st, in concurrence with Danish Statistic Index for Government Employees.
- The sum is paid in monthly rates.
- As long as she doesn't marry again, she'll not have to pay tax out of the money.
- When/if she marries, the yearly sum is replaced by a special tribute, with the same basic sum, but have to pay tax.
- As long as Princess Alexandra gets the yearly sum, or the special tribute, she can't get subsidized for working for the government.

(A mangled translation. I'm a bit tired.)

thanks a lot for the info about her sum. Keep telling us infos about her. :)
Good translation.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom