Princess Alexandra, Current Events 2: May 2005 - April 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by ap3

Actually, I think it reflects well on Joachim. He's been accused of drunkeness and running around with other women. If that was true, if he was so much at fault in the breakup of the marriage, Alex's parents wouldn't stay with him, I think.

GOOD POINT!

Princess Alexandra's new villa has enough room for both her parents, so why are they choosing not to live with her and her children? Why are they instead choosing to live with a man who reportedly betrayed her? Maybe, just maybe Princess Alexandra is not so innocent at all. Maybe she did contribute to the breakdown of her marriage.

REMEMBER PRINCE CHARLES & PRINCESS DIANA?

Princes Charles was demonized for having an affair with Camilla Parker-Bowles while at the same time Princess Diana was elevated to sainthood by her adoring subjects. After her tragic death it was revealed that Princess Diana also had her share of lovers, many more than Prince Charles. Could this be the same case for Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra? Maybe, maybe not. Only time will tell.

Last edited:
Actualy I don't like the way she dresses recently . No offence.

Guest2003 said:
GOOD POINT!
Princess Alexandra's new villa has enough room for both her parents, so why are they choosing not to live with her and her children? Why are they instead choosing to live with a man who reportedly betrayed her? Maybe, just maybe Princess Alexandra is not so innocent at all. Maybe she did contribute to the breakdown of her marriage..

Concerning Alexandra and Joachim....we don't know what happened in this marriage. We cannot say that Alex was unfaithful or that Joachim was unfaithful. The particulars of the separation and divorce were never given to us. All of this print media can only speculate. They have no solid proof of what happened inside of this marriage. Whether they simply grew tired of each other and decided to move on and remain friends and civil for their children is still a puzzle to us. Frankly, I really don't care about what happened at this point. This divorce has been extremely aimacable and respectful so I see no point in thinking the worse of either parties. The media has to do this because they need to sell papers and magazines. I don't.

Of course, the fact that Alex is now dating someone gives them something to talk about. Not only is she dating again, but she is dating a man much younger than she and well we all know the old double standard. A good rag can probably get two weeks worth of rubbish out of this.

I agree that if Joachim was so awful to Alex that there is no way that her parents would remain on the grounds at Shackenborg. So, clearly that most likely was not the case for their divorce. However, that doesn't meant that Alex was unfaithful are caused the break up either. I think that if that were the case, the Manleys would most likely relocate out of embarassment and try to save face with their in-laws. This is most likely not the case either. This is what I would call a Catch 22. If either party had actually behaved badly chances are that the Manleys would have moved in either scenario. Either case would give them more than enough reason to feel uncomfortable.

Let's face the facts. If Alexandra was so horrible, then why would she still be allowed to keep a prefix? Sure she no longer bears an HRH, but an HH for a divorced European Princess is very generous, IMO. If Alex was still so awful and contributed greatly to the downfall of her marriage, then why give her an added titled of Countess in preparation of her some day remarrying and not wanting her to be untitled? Regardless of saving face from the Royal House, this would not be normal behavior towards someone who committed an act of betrayal. I wouldn't expect for her to be denounced, but I wouldn't expect such graciousness and clear respect.

REMEMBER PRINCE CHARLES & PRINCESS DIANA?

Princes Charles was demonized for having an affair with Camilla Parker-Bowles while at the same time Princess Diana was elevated to sainthood by her adoring subjects. After her tragic death it was revealed that Princess Diana also had her share of lovers, many more than Prince Charles. Could this be the same case for Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra? Maybe, maybe not. Only time will tell.

I am not even going to go there with the Prince Charles and Princess Diana comparison. I am so sick of having every royal or royal scenario compared to those two. Diana is no longer living and has been judged as far as I am concerned by her maker. Charles seems to be happy with Camilla, so I think that it is time to let the past be what it is-the past.

Last edited by a moderator:
Isabel said:
Let's face the facts. If Alexandra was so horrible, then why would she still be allowed to keep a prefix? Sure she no longer bears an HRH, but an HH for a divorced European Princess is very generous, IMO. If Alex was still so awful and contributed greatly to the downfall of her marriage, then why give her an added titled of Countess in preparation of her some day remarrying and not wanting her to be untitled? Regardless of saving face from the Royal House, this would not be normal behavior towards someone who committed an act of betrayal. I wouldn't expect for her to be denounced, but I wouldn't expect such graciousness and clear respect.

A very good fact. As far as royal divorces go, she did pretty well for herself. So I doubt she betrayed Joachim. The royal family, especially the Queen herself, realizes how important Alexandra is to the monarchy in Denmark and provided her with a title. Not bad at all. Clear respect indeed.

Harmony said:
Actualy I don't like the way she dresses recently . No offence.

I don't like the strapless dress that she wore recently in London. But, I do like this new black and white one. The design is very unusual, but Alex is petite enough to pull it off. I wonder if this is a recent design or something vintage. I agree with someone who mentioned that it had an eighties look to it, even early nineties, IMO.

Well like I've said before, I think both Alexandra and Joachim betrayed each other and contributed to the breakdown of the marriage.

pdas1201 said:
Princess Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg,as protector, attended the Swedish Villa Fund’s 10th jubilee arrangement in the Bernstoff Park, Bernstoff Castle, in Gentofte. (Translated by GrandDuchess)
beeewwww :( she's falling back into her 80s style...i don't like this dress at all...i loved the recent dress she wore [the torquise one] :) oh well...at least she's staying away from those horrible shoulder padded suits :D

Reina said:
Well like I've said before, I think both Alexandra and Joachim betrayed each other and contributed to the breakdown of the marriage.

Spot on! You have hit the nail on the head. Well done ! :p

Lillia said:
for me, the princess has an unusual but certainly refreshing taste in clothes -- but I really like this black & white outfit she's wearing.:)

it looks very nice on her:p

it's nice to see she wears her styles so nicely:)

I have to say the Princess looks glorious! What a beautiful dress and what wonderful legs!

servingsophie said:
I have to say the Princess looks glorious! What a beautiful dress and what wonderful legs!
She reminds me of Diana who really bloomed and dressed glamorous post-Charles. It's a nice dress, something I wouldn't have thought she would wear.

Guest2003 said:
Princess Alexandra's new villa has enough room for both her parents, so why are they choosing not to live with her and her children? Why are they instead choosing to live with a man who reportedly betrayed her? Maybe, just maybe Princess Alexandra is not so innocent at all. Maybe she did contribute to the breakdown of her marriage.

Mr. and Mrs. Manley has stated to newspapers that they continue to live in Schackenborg, because they have a great many friends in Møgeltønder (the name of the town next to Schackenborg.) They also said that they have no disagreement with Joachim. Furthermore, they don't exactly live in the same house as him, as they live in a flat at the old chauffeur's house.

Had either party behaved abominably before/during the divorce, I very much doubt that either set of parents would have acted the way they did. I doubt Mr. and Mrs. Manley would have stayed at Schackenborg, and I doubt Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik would have let Alexandra stay at Amalienborg, even if it is a fairly large place.

We don't know what caused the divorce. Joachim hasn't spoken about it, and neither has Alexandra. To join the media in their harmful speculations certainly won't help their children or the situation. Joachim or Alexandra may choose to embellish on the situation when their lives are more ordened, in an official biography, or something like that. (I think Joachim's about due for one, as Alexandra's got at least two...)

A few days ago Martin Jørgensen was reported to have been seeing the princess for two years, later they found an article with old girlfriends he had had this past year...

What the media seems to conveniently forget is that it is possible for men and women to be just friends/aquaintances. Sometimes this remains platonic, and sometimes it blossoms into more.

pdas1201 said:
Princess Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg,as protector, attended the Swedish Villa Fund’s 10th jubilee arrangement in the Bernstoff Park, Bernstoff Castle, in Gentofte. (Translated by GrandDuchess)

www.facetoface.de

She is starting to look very glamorous and wearing cuts that I don't think she would ever worn if she were still married to Joachim.
yes, it is clear that Alexandra still a princess outside and inside....the only one diferent is she looks more radiant than before, I wish she get the best in her life:).

Dennism said:
A very good fact. As far as royal divorces go, she did pretty well for herself. So I doubt she betrayed Joachim. The royal family, especially the Queen herself, realizes how important Alexandra is to the monarchy in Denmark and provided her with a title. Not bad at all. Clear respect indeed.
exactely, I have the same thinking about it.

Is it just me , or does someone else think that the gorgeous black and white short dress brings memories of the short (sexy) dress Princess Diana wore when her divorce was finalised... its like a statement and a feeling of Liberty !

Reina said:
I agree, they both contributed something to the breakdown of the marriage. They're both young and rich and will have no problem finding new love. The dress is so 80's, horrible.

I like the dress, the design is so bold and graphic that I think if it is an old dress it is still stylish, retro rather than out of date.

Also, very nice hair, makeup and earrings.

And she looks great! It's hard to believe she's in her 40s and had 2 kids!

Oh and one more thing, on her parents still living with Joachim: when I said he couldn't have done anything so bad if they are still living with him, I certainly didn't mean to imply (or believe) that she had been the one at fault. The Queen's giving Alex her own title clearly shows that the Queen still likes and respects her regardless of her marital status with Joachim.

As a previous poster said, they probably betrayed each other. Whether it was actual infidelity, bad behavior or merely "allowing" themselves to become distant from each other.

Last edited:
norwegianne said:
Mr. and Mrs. Manley has stated to newspapers that they continue to live in Schackenborg, because they have a great many friends in Møgeltønder (the name of the town next to Schackenborg.) They also said that they have no disagreement with Joachim. Furthermore, they don't exactly live in the same house as him, as they live in a flat at the old chauffeur's house.

Had either party behaved abominably before/during the divorce, I very much doubt that either set of parents would have acted the way they did. I doubt Mr. and Mrs. Manley would have stayed at Schackenborg, and I doubt Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik would have let Alexandra stay at Amalienborg, even if it is a fairly large place.

We don't know what caused the divorce. Joachim hasn't spoken about it, and neither has Alexandra. To join the media in their harmful speculations certainly won't help their children or the situation. Joachim or Alexandra may choose to embellish on the situation when their lives are more ordened, in an official biography, or something like that. (I think Joachim's about due for one, as Alexandra's got at least two...)

A few days ago Martin Jørgensen was reported to have been seeing the princess for two years, later they found an article with old girlfriends he had had this past year...

What the media seems to conveniently forget is that it is possible for men and women to be just friends/aquaintances. Sometimes this remains platonic, and sometimes it blossoms into more.
I have never posted on this board before, but I just have to say that I agree wholeheartedly with your statement. As far as I am aware, Alexandra has always behaved impeccably; and as to whether she should have waited longer after her divorce was final before dating or not, she is now legally single and free to date whomever she pleases. One of my pet peeves has always been people who use the excuse of separation to start seeing other people (IMHO, you're not divorced until you're divorced!) , and the plain and simple fact is that no one here really knows anything about the private lives of these two people.

Isabel said:
Concerning Alexandra and Joachim....we don't know what happened in this marriage. We cannot say that Alex was unfaithful or that Joachim was unfaithful. The particulars of the separation and divorce were never given to us. All of this print media can only speculate. They have no solid proof of what happened inside of this marriage. Whether they simply grew tired of each other and decided to move on and remain friends and civil for their children is still a puzzle to us. Frankly, I really don't care about what happened at this point. This divorce has been extremely aimacable and respectful so I see no point in thinking the worse of either parties. The media has to do this because they need to sell papers and magazines. I don't.

Of course, the fact that Alex is now dating someone gives them something to talk about. Not only is she dating again, but she is dating a man much younger than she and well we all know the old double standard. A good rag can probably get two weeks worth of rubbish out of this.

I agree that if Joachim was so awful to Alex that there is no way that her parents would remain on the grounds at Shackenborg. So, clearly that most likely was not the case for their divorce. However, that doesn't meant that Alex was unfaithful are caused the break up either. I think that if that were the case, the Manleys would most likely relocate out of embarassment and try to save face with their in-laws. This is most likely not the case either. This is what I would call a Catch 22. If either party had actually behaved badly chances are that the Manleys would have moved in either scenario. Either case would give them more than enough reason to feel uncomfortable.

Couldn't have said it better myself. We don't know what goes on behind closed doors in a marriage. You'll always have her truth, his truth and the truth. I think that both parties have behaved very well and although I still hope that they will get back together again (silly romantic dream), this won't happen. But it's wonderful for their children. Let's leave well enough alone folks. They have to get on with their lives and their future. Life's too short for recriminations and what might have beens.

Jenilynn said:
I have never posted on this board before

Welcome, then. I hope that, once you're past the barrier of the first post, that you will continue to post in the various threads here at TRF. Have fun :)

Huh she looks quite refreshed. Good for her, but I still find her utterly boring and fake.

28/08 05H.H. Prinsesse Alexandra, Grevinde af Frederiksborg, åbner ECCO Walkathon 2005 på Kastellet, København, kl. 10.45

Princess Alexandra is going to attend the ECCO Walkathon on August 28.......(which i think it's Prince Nikolai's birthday?) hopefully she's going to bring the 2 boys with her like last year

pdas1201 said:
...and the reason for that being???

It's simply my opinion.

I'm sure there are some people in this world that you don't fawn over or connect with as well as finding certain individuals utterly boring. If you say you don't than I would sincerely doubt your response.

By the way, please don't take my response to you in a negative way -- that is not my intention -- perhaps at this point we can agree to disagree regarding Alex.

:)

Oh no not that awfl 80-s style again! :eek:

And the dress she wore at the Albert Hall was so flattering...

Athena said:
It's simply my opinion.

I'm sure there are some people in this world that you don't fawn over or connect with as well as finding certain individuals utterly boring. If you say you don't than I would sincerely doubt your response.

By the way, please don't take my response to you in a negative way -- that is not my intention -- perhaps at this point we can agree to disagree regarding Alex.

:)

I respect your honest answer and really have no negative feelings towards you whatsoever. I absolutely understand and accept the fact that we as individuals differ from each other and so do our choices. You are free to choose whom you like or don't. I just wanted to know if there was any specific reason for your dislike of Alex, for discussion purposes. But, since your dislike of her is based on your feelings, I can't argue with that.

Isabel, you're making some wise comments. Of course this is pure conjecturing, but I for one really think that what really happened pre-divorce that Joachim and Alexandra found out over the years that they probably did <not> have as much in common as they first believed when they were newly in love. For example, as far as I can tell, Joachim is a real outdoors-y kind of guy. What with all his farmer ambitions and all that. And I have to say that <she> on the other hand strikes me as a total city kind of girl. And in my own experience, the older you get (ha I'm in my early thirties, so I know! ;), the less you are willing perhaps to compromise what you really want out of life?!

Ah, we can only hope either Joachim or Alex will talk about it one day to the media....but if I were them, I'd keep my mouth perfectly shut, haha!

Oh and Athena, no offense, but how can you qualify a woman who:
--travels around the world for work
--was married to a prince in a --to her-- foreign land
--is dating a hot-looking artistic guy, post-divorce, who is over a decade younger than herself
--speaks a ton of languages fluently,

how can you qualify her as boring?! OK, fake, maybe. That we do not know. After all, Alexandra managed to smile through most of her divorce, and while her marriage was crumbling under her feet, and none of us 'underlings' noticed...so maybe you have a point with the "fake" but <boring>?? I find her more interesting almost at every turn she takes.

princess olga said:
Isabel, you're making some wise comments. Of course this is pure conjecturing, but I for one really think that what really happened pre-divorce that Joachim and Alexandra found out over the years that they probably did <not> have as much in common as they first believed when they were newly in love. For example, as far as I can tell, Joachim is a real outdoors-y kind of guy. What with all his farmer ambitions and all that. And I have to say that <she> on the other hand strikes me as a total city kind of girl. And in my own experience, the older you get (ha I'm in my early thirties, so I know! ;), the less you are willing perhaps to compromise what you really want out of life?!

Thank you Princess Olga, and I agree with you completely. I dont' know why so many people are focused on finding some kind of scandal behind the end of this marriage. There really may be none. People end marriages every single day and they don't end up hating each other. They simply realize that they have less in common than they thought and don't want life to pass them by while they continue to be stuck in a dull, lifeless marriage. That doesn't mean that they can't remain friends. Many people make much better friends than husbands or wives. Who can say that this isn't the case with Alex and Joachim?

I cannnot see how anyone can refer to Alex as boring. Maybe if you don't have much in common with her and you were to find yourself at a loss for conversation, then sure you could consider her boring. I mean if you can't talk to someone then it is a strain. But, Alex is really a worldly sort of person, so I would think that she could talk about a variety of things. She has traveled literally everywhere especially on behalf of UNESCO. Alex has studied in different countries, has met people form all over the world and there are so many other things. I simply couldn't see how anyone could consider someone like that boring. She may not enjoy sports or the outdoors in general, but that doesn't make someone boring. It just means that they have other interests.

pdas1201 said:
I respect your honest answer and really have no negative feelings towards you whatsoever. I absolutely understand and accept the fact that we as individuals differ from each other and so do our choices. You are free to choose whom you like or don't. I just wanted to know if there was any specific reason for your dislike of Alex, for discussion purposes. But, since your dislike of her is based on your feelings, I can't argue with that.

:) Glad to know that there are no hard feelings regarding my original post; however, I should note to you that I never stated nor did I imply that I "disliked" Alex. It's silly to "dislike" someone that I don't even know -- but one can find someone's actions boring. In the end, I stated that I found her to be "utterly boring and fake". There is a major difference, but I'm sure you know that already.;)

Hi everyone!!! Since this seems to be the forum for it, I'd like to get some input from our Danish members out there. I was talking to friends in Denmark the other night and 3 things they told me regarding Princess Alexandra:

1. She divorced Joachim whi in and of itself is such a huge mistake on her part. They feel that she should have stayed with the marriage until their children were older.
2. She isn't taking the "appropriate" time before looking around and dating again.
3. Her parents still live at Schackenborg which conveys to them that Joachim was the wronged party in this split.

Keep in mind, these aren't my opinions, these are my friends opinions and they live in Copenhagen, and are much closer to the situation than the rest of us are.

According to an article in the Swedish tabloid, Expressen, Alexandra has suffered from a slipped disc. She may have to have surgery. She was suffering in her recent trip to England.

http://expressen.se/index.jsp?a=423763

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom