Princess Alexandra, Current Events 2: May 2005 - April 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A reminder: Not all TRF members speaks Danish, so providing a brief summary in English of the content of the articles is the polite thing to do. If you can't translate it all. Few of us care to read through a thread where the majority of the content is in a language we can't understand.

Providing the links to the article, and a brief summary in English of what the content is, will most likely be enough in many cases. If you have trouble with understanding the content/translating, consider asking for help.

Sincerely,
Norwegianne
Danish Forum Moderator

bigheadshirmp said:
Alexandra og Joachim sammen igen: For b鷨nenes skyld - 29-06-05

Just a little article about the outing that Alexandra and Joachim took with their sons. The headline says it all: Alexandra and Joachim together again: For the sake of the children.

They just look good and happy together as a family in the picture! I really admire the way Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra handle their lives as individuals and as parents to their own sons.

Is there any news as to how Princess Alexandra celebrated her birthday?

I've read that she travels with her personal secretary (formerly her lady-in-waiting), but does she have bodyguards/security too?

The first of the articles above is basiclly about a family trip to the circus in Mogeltönder when there was a charity show in aid of the Childrens Cancer fund.
It was almost like they were a "real" family again like old times.

And the second article is about Alexandras parents. They have lived at Schackenborg the last couple of years and will continue to do so, even if their daugher is no longer married to the prince
Alexandras mother says something like:
"There no problem between us and Joachim. We loves it here and our relationship with Joachim hasn´t changed.

I think Princess Alexandra celebrated it with Prince Joachim and their two sons. Maybe with the Royal Family and Princess Alex's parents. I think it was just a simple affair held maybe in one of their palaces.

Can anyone translate me this?

den 10. august 2005

ALEXANDRA HAR FÅET NY KÆRESTE

Køb bladet i dag og læs alt om den nye mand i prinsessens liv og se billederne af parret.
Kun i SE og HØR!

Attachments

• T_7626.jpg
    T_7626.jpg
    10.1 KB · Views: 430
Alexandra's got a new boyfriend. (According to Se & Hør, at least) Only that they're a bit more scandalous on the outside of the magazine, calling him her new lover, and speculating on the age difference (she's in her 40s, he is in his mid-twenties.)

Tina said:
Zeitung: Prinzessin Alexandra hat einen Neuen
Please provide a summary of the whole article when posting something in another language than English. I ask you to please read the rules on copyright, you can find them here.

Thank you for you co-operation,
GrandDuchess, as Super Moderator

Excerpt from the rules on copyright: said:
For articles, please just post the source, the headline, the byline and the first few lines of the story, then post a direct link to the article. The general rule of thumb is that no more than 20% of an article should be copied verbatim and pasted elsewhere without the author and publisher’s written consent.

If you are posting articles in another language other than English, it would be much appreciated as a courtesy to provide a translation. While we have some TRF Team Members who are able to make translations, as well as other members who are a great help in this manner, we cannot always rely or depend on them to provide translations. If translations cannot be provided by the original poster or by another member within 24 hours, then articles posted in a language other than English will be removed.

Gosh! WHat is her and these younger men! Yeah, yeah I know all about the age not mattering, but what if he has an identity crisis like Joachim and feels he married too young? Ok I know maybe they are not planning to marry. Anyway I hope this works out. DId they realize that pics were taken of them?

I thought that too, but then I realized that they had to be legally separated for a year before they could get a divorce. The announcement of their separation came a few months after Mary and Frederik's wedding. We know now that they had been "split" up even before Frederik's wedding. So I would say that they've been split up for a year and a half maybe.

i would say they splited abt 2 years already.......even at the time of Frederick's engagement...there were rumors that they live separate lives...so....

And may be the sour time beetween Alex and Joachim happened more than two years know....separated must be because of the relationship is not harmony anymore.
Why she should wait for long after the divorcing if Joachim had have fun with girl (S) while they still together (as what the media' photo proof it).
She seems to be happy now....In my opinion the photos above shows that their relationship more than a good friend:)

Well..the fact that he is 26 and she is 40, for me, it is weird. She already has kids to grow. She almost can be his mother.

Last edited:
maybe she is still young at heart? ;) Anyway, I cannot blame her, the guy looks nice and she still is an attractive woman. If it would be the other way around (her picking a man 14 years her senior) people would not have bothered. I am glad that she found some happiness again & wish her all the best.

total agree with you marego , good luck to her

For me i think love does not have the distance ages, people from any age can love.
I'm very happy that Alexandra can find her new love now.He is also good-looking.I wish he can take care of her well and they will have a happy life.

Age is for sure not a big problem, but nowdays there is more trouble for women older than men, than viceversa. I hope everything works out fine for them and age wont cause any difficulties, but it is an unexpected thing for sure.

http://www.eians.com/stories/2005/08/11/11pri.shtml

Denmark's Princess Alexandra finds new love
Copenhagen, Aug 11 (DPA) Denmark's Princess Alexandra has again found love a year after her split from Prince Joachim, Copenhagen tabloid Ekstra Bladet reported Thursday.

The 41-year-old princess, born Alexandra Manley, is reported to be seeing photographer Martin Jorgensen, 15 years her junior.

The two met during the filming of a television special to mark the princess' 40th birthday, the newspaper said.

A second marriage for Alexandra would result in the loss of her royal title. The Hong Kong born princess has two sons by Prince Joachim, who at 36 is the younger of Danish Queen Margrethe II's two sons.

Is this the man that she is dating? http://vertikal.dk/foto/photographer.htm?id=1

Last edited by a moderator:
lol seems like she has a thing for younger men x) but like some one said before age shouldn't be a barrier in a relationship it's ALL aboute the luuuuuuuuuurrrveee =)

hillary_nugent said:
lol seems like she has a thing for younger men x) but like some one said before age shouldn't be a barrier in a relationship it's ALL aboute the luuuuuuuuuurrrveee =)

I agree with you and fully appreciate the humour. It's ALL about luuuuuuuuvvvve!

pepperann said:
It seems so weird seeing her with a new boyfriend so soon. I mean of course she'd have to move on and find another life companion eventually, but so soon? She does look happy though (that's what matters) and so young (as compared to when she's on royal duties wearing her business suit type clothing). All the best for her and PJ and the children!

I agree. I never expected her to live the rest of her life alone, but I was shocked when I saw the headline.

I didn't really see anything out of the ordinary when I saw the age difference. Alexandra looks young for her age anyway, so I guess it looked alright. Whatever or whomever makes her happy, more power to her. I saw Joachim to be at fault or have responsibility for the majority of the reason(s) why their marriage failed so if this younger guy will make her happy and worship the ground she walked on, I approve. That's all any of us really want in a marriage. Someone who would love and respect us till the end of time.

Plus, he's not bad looking.

The only downside I see is that if this guy ends up marrying Alexandra, then she loses the title "Princess of Denmark" which I think she deservedly earned from all the years of hard work in the name of Denmark. Unfortunately, she only got that title because she married Joachim. Oh well, at least she'd still be Countess.

Moonlightrhapsody said:
I agree. I never expected her to live the rest of her life alone, but I was shocked when I saw the headline.

I didn't really see anything out of the ordinary when I saw the age difference. Alexandra looks young for her age anyway, so I guess it looked alright. Whatever or whomever makes her happy, more power to her. I saw Joachim to be at fault or have responsibility for the majority of the reason(s) why their marriage failed so if this younger guy will make her happy and worship the ground she walked on, I approve. That's all any of us really want in a marriage. Someone who would love and respect us till the end of time.

Plus, he's not bad looking.

The only downside I see is that if this guy ends up marrying Alexandra, then she loses the title "Princess of Denmark" which I think she deservedly earned from all the years of hard work in the name of Denmark. Unfortunately, she only got that title because she married Joachim. Oh well, at least she'd still be Countess.

i have agree with you!

if Princess Alexandra will lose title when she married that guys or she will kept titles from HM Queen we have wait and see what happened

Sara Boyce

I am thrilled that Alexandra has found love again!!:D Although she handled her divorce beautifully publically on a personal level it must have been utterly devestating for her. :( Even if this man is 15 years her junior he is still 26 an old enough consenting adult in my opinion. I think its still a little early for her to be jumping back into marraige as some may speculate but there nothing wrong with her having a little fun! ;) :p

I think it's great that Princess Alexandra might have found love again, after the hard time she and the boys (and Joachim) have been going through lately. She really deserves to be happy, and I hope this guy can help her be that. Hopefully the boys will also like him. Then everything would be great!

I think it's a bit too early for marriage speculations. But should she ever consider re-marrying, then I for one will be happy for her. It will then be her choice, and we would know that she has found someone who makes her happy and a person she wants near by during her life. Even if some of us royal watchers might not like the idea of her loosing her title as Princess of Denmark one day, I sincerely doubt that it's the most important thing for Alexandra herself. Personal well being and happiness of her and the boys is the most important. And no matter what happens, should she ever loose that princess title - she will forever be Her Excellency the Countess of Frederiksborg. And in our heart and minds, she will always be a truly great Princess, a great mother and a wonderful representative of Denmark.

Article about Princess Alexandra's new boyfriend from B.T., translated by me:

Alexandra met Martin behind the camera

Princess Alexandra’s new boyfriend, the 26 years old freelance photographer Martin Jørgensen, is definitely not a stranger to move among royals, even if he himself has no blue blood in his veins.

Together with his father, Jacob Jørgensen, who owns the film company JJ Film, he has helped with making a long row of films about the Royal Family.

Therefore he has also filmed Princess Alexandra several times, and in that way Alexandra and the young photographer have got to know each other.

Princess Alexandra was also the star in the programme “Alexandra and the children of the world”, where Martin Jørgensen as an assistant and sound guy, together with the rest of the crew followed Alexandra’s work as protector of UNICEF, when the princess travelled to Thailand to visit children affected by AIDS.

But JJ Film has also made the films “My home is my castle” and “Alexandra, Princess with the times”, where Martin Jørgensen has played a role the making of it.

Known each other long

So Martin Jørgensen has known Princess Alexandra for a long time, before she and Prince Joachim decided to part.

But when the sparks between the 41-year-old Princess Alexandra and the 26-year-old cameraman began to fly, neither the princess or the camera man has an answer to.

B.T. has the last few days tried to get a comment from Martin Jørgensen about the relationship to Princess Alexandra. But the young cameraman has obviously gone into hiding, in order not to have to answer any questions about his new girlfriend.

Little brother is quiet

Martin Jørgensen’s little brother, Mads Jørgensen, is very few worded when B.T. yesterday spoke to him outside the family business JJ Film, where he also works.

We would very much like to talk to Martin.
- I don’t think that is possible.
Where can we find him?
- Not here. I don’t think he wants to say anything. At least not now, says Mads Jørgensen before he hurries off to avoid answering any more questions about the affairs between his older brother and Princess Alexandra.

Neither Martin Jørgensen’s father Jacob Jørgensen has wished to answer if he expects that the romance between his son and the princess can cost JJ Film the good relationship it has to the Royal House, and thereby devastate the company which is very much built around the about 60 documentaries Jacob Jørgensen has made about them since 1998.

Before the 26-year-old photographer Martin Jørgensen seriously begun working for his father’s company, he was schooled as a commercial photographer by the photographer Jakob Mydtskov.

After that Martin went to Florence in Italy to work as a photographer. Later he moved to Rome, where he continued working.

But around a year ago, Martin Jørgensen returned to Denmark, where he has slowly begun to set up his freelance business. One of the clients is his own father, Jacob Jørgesen and JJ Film.

Martin Jørgensen was also with as a cameraman when JJ Film last summer went to Australia to make a documentary about Crown Princess Mary. A documentary that has brought in large sums of money for the small company JJ Film.

Worked with the Queen

Martin Jørgensen has also worked closely together with Princess Alexandra’s earlier mother-in-law, Queen Margrethe, when he was an assisted for the short film “The Snow Queen”, which was based on a H.C. Andersen adventure, where Queen Margrethe was involved as a costume designer.

Therefore Queen Margrethe has Alexandra’s new boyfriend clear in her memory, when she at a press meeting at the wince castle in France on Thursday, confirmed that she knew about the relationship between Alexandra and the young cameraman.

Martin Jørgensen has also taken pictures for Prince Henrik’s book about the couple’s wine castle in France, Château de Caïx.

Read the article (in Danish) here: http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=380746:fid=100021712/

Attachments

• 296732_large.jpg
    296732_large.jpg
    22.7 KB · Views: 419
yeah. But I wonder will thsi stop him from working around the royals again. It would be ackward if he were taking fotos and he is the boyfriend of the ex-wife of Joachim.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom