Princess Alexandra, Current Events 2: May 2005 - April 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Well Joachim i sa free man now, which is what he probably wants most.

agisele said:
Alexandra is looking absolutely amazing, if I were Joachim, I would be kicking myself in the shins after seeing what I had let go of. ;-)

I wish I can see more pictures with Alex wearing causul outfits. I found she looks even prettier with regular outfits.

June 2, 2005: Princess Alexandra opened the yearly exhibition 'My Home is My Castle' in the Royal Danish Garden Society's garden.

Attachments

• 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 226
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 291
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 280
Princess Alexandra, as a protector, opened the arrangement 'HCA at Sea.'

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    35.8 KB · Views: 230
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    27 KB · Views: 270
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 211
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    29.1 KB · Views: 258
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 294
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    21.1 KB · Views: 254
whoa is it just me...or does Princess Alexandra look her age in the last pic...i know she's 40 but she usually doesn't look it...

It is just my speculation then don't take it seriouse:) ....I think eventhough Alex often appeares with her big smile and looks cheer in public..we can not deny that in some case divorce or married problem can make somebody in deeply stressed and its sign could appears on their face. I hope the divorce does not give this bad impact to Alex :( .

How is she handling the divorce? i hope she is doing well. She seems to me a real princess...with more courage than born ones.

I was really impressed of how the divorce was handle. I know that is very difficult situation for everyone, but they acted as two really mature people.

Ariel said:
How is she handling the divorce? i hope she is doing well. She seems to me a real princess...with more courage than born ones.

For awhile, if you look at her pictures before they announced their separation with intention to divorce, she looked so stressed out. She had this dejected air coupled with an aged look on her face. You could sense some chill in the air between Alexandra and Joachim too. After the separation was announced, she looked more relaxed and at peace. Her interactions with Joachim warmed up too. I think there was some underlying problem that put enormous strain on them both and the announcement of the separation lifted most of the burden. She seemed happier to me after the divorce.

from June 2, 2005

here's the caption...maybe some one can translate this...

Slaget om Hvide ØrnPolfoto 02-06-2005 Prinsesse Alexandra følger søslaget fra sikker afstand. Op mod 300 frederikshavnere havde torsdag taget turen til hovedstaden for at gå i procession gennem byen i deres flotte dragter og uniformer fra det tidlige 1700-tal, og for at gennemspille et stort søslag i Københavns inderhavn. Det er Byprojekt Tordenskiold, som har øvet slaget om Hvide Ørn i vinterens løb, og det skulle være det hidtil største arrangement af sin art i Danmark. Under Tordenskiold-dagene i flåde-byen Frederikshavn i begyndelsen af september får Tordenskiolds soldater fra gruppen Fladstrand støtte af lignende grupper fra Norge og Sverige til at gennemspille en tre gange så stor gang totalteater om den norsk-danske søhelt og hans tid. (Jens Dige/POLFOTO)

Here's a translation i found on lotte's site....
Princess Alexandra went to open the festival for " The battle of the white eagle" . A 1700 hundred play. Tordenskjold was a Danish and Norwegian sea hero in the 1700 hundred. His ship was called The white eagle. :D

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 191
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    21.5 KB · Views: 138
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 165
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    25.8 KB · Views: 197
Last edited by a moderator:
from today June 15, 2005

Prinsessen i børnehave

Polfoto 15-06-2005 Hendes Højhed Prinsesse Alexandra, Grevinde af Frederiksborg, deltog onsdag som protektor i møde med Menighedernes Daginstitutioner. Men der var også tid til et besøg i institutionerne Linden og Troldpilen på Nørrebro i København, hvor børnene jublede ved synet af en rigtig prinsesse. Til ære for hende sang alle børnene "Mariehønen Evigglad" i kor. (Carsten Lauridsen/POLFOTO)

Attachments

• 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 287
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 286
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    40 KB · Views: 474
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    41.7 KB · Views: 299
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    36.8 KB · Views: 506
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    46.4 KB · Views: 474
bigheadshirmp said:
from today June 15, 2005

Prinsessen i børnehave

Polfoto 15-06-2005 Hendes Højhed Prinsesse Alexandra, Grevinde af Frederiksborg, deltog onsdag som protektor i møde med Menighedernes Daginstitutioner. Men der var også tid til et besøg i institutionerne Linden og Troldpilen på Nørrebro i København, hvor børnene jublede ved synet af en rigtig prinsesse. Til ære for hende sang alle børnene "Mariehønen Evigglad" i kor. (Carsten Lauridsen/POLFOTO)

she is so elegant looking - and she has a nice smile too:)

i just think Alexandra is such a role model for divorced parents, the way she has handled this, she has kept her head high.

bigheadshirmp said:
from June 2, 2005

here's the caption...maybe some one can translate this...

Slaget om Hvide ØrnPolfoto 02-06-2005 Prinsesse Alexandra følger søslaget fra sikker afstand. Op mod 300 frederikshavnere havde torsdag taget turen til hovedstaden for at gå i procession gennem byen i deres flotte dragter og uniformer fra det tidlige 1700-tal, og for at gennemspille et stort søslag i Københavns inderhavn. Det er Byprojekt Tordenskiold, som har øvet slaget om Hvide Ørn i vinterens løb, og det skulle være det hidtil største arrangement af sin art i Danmark. Under Tordenskiold-dagene i flåde-byen Frederikshavn i begyndelsen af september får Tordenskiolds soldater fra gruppen Fladstrand støtte af lignende grupper fra Norge og Sverige til at gennemspille en tre gange så stor gang totalteater om den norsk-danske søhelt og hans tid. (Jens Dige/POLFOTO)

Having a lot of time on my hand I translated the whole thing...

Battle of the White Eagle 02-06-2005

Princess Alexandra follows the sea battle from secure distance. Approximately 300 inhabitants from Fredrikshavn had Thursday taken the trip to the capital to be in the procession through the city in their fancy suits and uniforms form the early 1700s, and to re-enact the big sea battle in Copenhagens inner docks. It is City Project Tordenskiold that has rehearsed the battle of the White Eagle during the winter. It should be, untill now, the biggest arrangement of its kind in Denmark. During the Tordenskiold days in the fleet town of Fredrikshavn in the beginning of September the Tordenskiold soldiers from the Fladstrand group gets support from similar groups from Norway and Sweden to re-enact a three times as big total theatre about the Norwegian-Danish sea hero and his age.

24/06 05H.K.H. Prins Joachim og H.H. Prinsesse Alexandra deltager i reception i anledning af Cirkus Arenas 50-års jubilæumsforestilling samt overværer forestillingen i Møgeltønder til fordel for Børnecancerfonden, kl. 18.30.

they are having an engagement alone...~!!!!! first time after the divorce.....

Today Princess Alexandra is coming . She will be visiting the kindergarten to hear more about the work with the many two language children. The children are waiting in two rows with Danish flags to say welcome to the Princess. " Here she comes , The Princess is coming " the children said.

The black car stopped and the chauffeur in a white uniform walked out and opened the car for Princess Alexandra and her private secretary. Both of them are wearing a hat and a suit.

She asked a lot of questions and listen too. " What is it like to live at Nörrebro I would like to know " said Alexandra to Shabana Akhtar. In one of the rooms called Starroom she got to hear the Arabic version of Happy Birthday .

" Thank you so much I know that song ,but I never heard it in Arabic before. " Said Alexandra to the proud and shy choir.

" It is a nice place and you can see that the children are doing well here " Alexandra said before she walked out a mini kitchen garden.

" It was very nice to see you all thank you. Have a nice day " said Alexandra before she walked to the car.

A boy wanted a photo of the Princess by the car she waited so he could get his photo. Then she got inside the car and drove away.

It was a nice experience.

are there any photos of this visit?

May I know what was the article from SE og HØR all about ? I think it discusses about a certain Laurence Holyoake. Can someone please just translate it for us?

The Danes have a long history of traditions, which often date back to before Christianity made its entry into Denmark. The Danish flag, the Dannebrog, is the most frequently used symbol. It is used on most festive occasions and holidays, which is why the Danes are among the people who use their flag the most.

Many festive occasions originate from modern Danish history, for instance the birthdays
and jubilees of the Royal family. The birthdays of the members of the Royal Family are official flag-flying days.

This includes the birthday of:

Queen Margrethe II
Prince Henrik
Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary
Prince Joachim
Prince Nikolai
Prince Felix
Princess Benedikte
Princess Elisabeth of Denmark

(In the past, Princess Alexandra was included when she and Prince Joachim were not yet separated and divorced. But now it was changed.)

I think it is fine with HH Princess Alex if her birthday would not be anymore an official flag-flying day in Denmark. What really matters most for her right now is that she till maintains a close and harmonious relationship with the DRF and she does all of her royal tasks with great fun and satisfaction. And I think she is also happy with her life now together with Nikolai and Felix plus she has a very good relationship with Prince Joachim.

Last edited by a moderator:
Ennyllorac said:
Who is Laurence Holyoake ?

He is allegedly the new boyfriend of Princess Alexandra. That's what the tabloids say, but I haven't heard of any confirmation/denying of it. So who knows?!?

The cover of Se & Hør says "Alexandra all alone: Dumped by Laurence, 'put on ice' by Margrethe". But she's not alone, maybe they're forgetting she has her two wonderful boys to take care of and which they all love. And she's still an active royal who does a great job, but all the gossip must be hard...

Thanks for translating GrandDuchess!

I think most people are clever enough to realise tabloids are usually crap- Alexandra seems a smart woman and by now no doubt well used to inaccurate publicity- perhaps even having a giggle to herself at some of the ridiculous stories that circulate ;)

I don't suppose could translate the main story (wish I was multi-lingual)?!

Den snart 41-årige prinsesse og Laurence nåede ikke at opleve lykken sammen ret længe. Og Margrethe holder hende nu udenfor, mens Joachim forsøger at trøste.
Jeg føler, det her er det helt rigtige, udtalte den 38-årige forretningsmand, Laurence Holyoake i vinter til en ven, da han forelsket til op over begge ører snakkede om sin store kærlighed: Prinsesse Alexandra.
Læs alt om Alex’ kvaler i ugens SE og HØR

pix said:
I don't suppose could translate the main story (wish I was multi-lingual)?!

Den snart 41-årige prinsesse og Laurence nåede ikke at opleve lykken sammen ret længe. Og Margrethe holder hende nu udenfor, mens Joachim forsøger at trøste.

Jeg føler, det her er det helt rigtige, udtalte den 38-årige forretningsmand, Laurence Holyoake i vinter til en ven, da han forelsket til op over begge ører snakkede om sin store kærlighed: Prinsesse Alexandra.
Læs alt om Alex’ kvaler i ugens SE og HØR
Yes, I can do this one too, but it's a bit strangely written I think, so I'll add my own little questions to the odd piece below. This is what it says:

"The soon 41 year old princess and Laurence didn't get to experience happiness together for long. And Margrethe now keeps her outside (of what?), while Joachim tries to comfort (who, Alex??).

I feel this is the right thing, 38 year old professional (not sure of the word forretningsmand) Laurence Holyoake said last winter to a friend when he, up up over his ears in love, talked about his big love: Princess Alexandra."

Thanks again GrandDuchess!!

I just looked up forretningsmand - it means businessman/ wheeler-dealer etc.

Can't believe a whole front cover 'headline' story consists of three lines of utter nonsense!!

And in my own opinion, why would Queen Margrethe "put her on ice?"

I pity those who easily believe the tabloids. We might not have the whole idea with what's really happening and what is real but I think that artice is a crap.

Translations

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=214852&postcount=3

It can not be good that Alexandra no longer has neither the prince nor the title of her royal highness. But she is still is constantly and very much a princess so much so that children will just glance at her and precisely see something which makes them believe for sure in fairy tales.

It was a very big day for the children from the Skovshoved school, Gentofte school and Jaegersborg kindergarten yesterday, when they met Alexandra at Schaeffergarden in Gentofts. The sight of a real princess made the little ones just stop and just stare in admiration, when they came within proximity of Alexandra.

The princess came on the occasion of Norway´s 100th anniversary and national day. This day as the tradition goes is the day of the children and in Norway there are roads quite full with children parades. In Gentofte there were also children and a main committee yesterday while the princess went on the visit when she among the others was entertained by the rhymes and ditties of the children from the Jaegersborg kindergarten.

They passed by later the famous spectator with several words of praise praising words while her power to talk with children made a great impression on the day´s organizer, Karen Vig from the Foundation for Danish-Norwegian cooperation.

-The Princess is deeply professional and very present when meeting the children. She steps up(to the task) and talks with them in a very cheerful or encouraging manner. The children have an easy time talking to her and she brings great happiness., says Karen Vig.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=215074&postcount=5

The North Sea museum is ready to present itself anew again and now also a waterproof giant aquarium for the public.

This July 22, the Ocean building at the North Sea museum reopens after the fire which destroyed the giant aquarium in December of 2003. The museum had hoped that it would be ready with the new Oceanarium on June 23 before the tourist season in earnest at that time but the problems with the joints in the opening had to be replaced.

The museum´s protector Princess Alexandra would have participated in the opening of the giant aquarium on June 23 but unfortunately, she can not come to Hirtshals on July 22, wrote the museum in a press release today. She will later carry out an official opening. The first fish will swim now around in 4.5 million liters of water in a big basin and gradually will become exposed to shoals of mackerel, herring, horse mackerel and horn fish.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=215083&postcount=6

Royals move to Svannemøllevej

The first transfer arrived Sunday at Svanemøllevej in the Northern Suburbs of København. It is a plain sign that Princess Alexandra at this time is having a busy time with moving into the white Hellerup-villa together with her two sons. Royal Court Information Chief Lis Frederiksen confirmed to BT that the princess has started to move to her new address.

-The Princess is moving over a period of time. I am not sure that things are ready or when she is finally moving into the place because the princess herself does not know herself where things stand in connection with the change of address.

Many curious royal watchers are rolling into the area near the villa in the ambassador quarter to see a glimpse of the princes and princess.

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=215431&postcount=11

Good and happy local children waved flags with enthusiasm for Princess Alexandra during a midday arrival at Dallund palace. The Cancer Fight(organization) have for the last 3 years kept open a rehabillitation center for Cancer patients in the idyllic palace a little outside of Søndersø. In the time of about 90 minutes long, the princess greeted a row of cancer patients and listened to some on how people who are helped to a direction of a more normal weekday because of their week-long stays at the Dallund Palace.

The Princess noted that she was hoping that all of the cancer patients in Denmark will have an offer of rehabillitation just like those who go to Dallund Palace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom