Princess Alexandra, Current Events 2: May 2005 - April 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. She looks great in both outfits, but the masquerade look is just fabulous! The gown is actually understated, the mask gave the outfit the omph factor.

april said:
no . her dad is 1/2 chinese ,so she just 1/4 chinese

The royals portal (german site)says that: "She is the eldest of three daughters of Richard Nigel Manley, son of a Briton and a Chinese woman, and Christa Maria Nowotny, an Austrian with Polish ancestry."

From a genealogy forum I found the following info in swedish:
"Prinsessan Alexandra Christina av Danmark, född 30 jun 1964 i Hong Kong. Äldst av tre systrar. Gift 18 nov 1995 med Prins Joakim Holger Waldemar Christian av Danmark.

Far: Richard Nigel Manley, född i Schanghai av en asiatisk mor och engelsk far. Familjen Manley kan spåras åtminstone till mitten av 1500-talet i Cheshire, England (anfadern Henry Manley?).

Mor: Christa Maria Nowotny, född i Österrike. Manager i firman German Communications i Hong Kong. Nowotny har ett heraldiskt vapen (från när vet jag inte), och är förgrenad runt om i världen. Ett antal framstående forskare i Europa heter Nowotny (framgår av sökning på Google)."

So, in other words, she is 1/4 chinese, 1/4 british and from her mother's side she is austrian/polish.

wow. her dad is only half chinese? i didnt know that. so that means the little princes are only 1/8.

well whatever Alexandra's dna is...it worked out very well for her.

I think we have had enough talk on Princess Alexandra's ancestry. Please remember this is a Current Events thread. If you are interested in her ancestry, open up another thread.

galuhcandrakirana said:
Her dad half Chinese half British, source: http://www.princessalexandradk.com/MANLEY.htm
"Alexandra's parents are from what background :Richard Manley he is half British and half Chinese .He moved from Shanghai, China to Hong Kong with his family back in 1948. Christa Maria Nigel Manley is from Austria".

Hongkong is part of East Asia, not in South east asia:).
http://www.info.gov.hk/info/hkbrief/eng/ahk.htm

Hong Kong is ideally positioned at the centre of rapidly developing East Asia”.

I stand corrected. Sorry about that but I was reading something about the Sultanate of Sulu - which is in SE Asia - and had that on the brain when I was writing my previous post. Thanks for pointing it out :)

Speaking of which - is there a forum for the Sultanate of Sulu? I know it's not the forum for it but thought I'd ask anyway. Thanks for your patience :)

Princess Alexandrias arms and figure are to die for. She looks so stunning and hot at the masquered ball. She probably feels young and rejuvianted now that she has a Ashton Kutcher of her own.

20 September 2005: Princess Alexandra, as protector, attended “The World’s Biggest Children’s Choir” at Århus Stadium. (Translated by GrandDuchess)

www.isifa.com

Attachments

• is_1725154.jpg
    is_1725154.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 537
  • is_1725155.jpg
    is_1725155.jpg
    22.4 KB · Views: 356
  • is_1725156.jpg
    is_1725156.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 463
  • is_1725157.jpg
    is_1725157.jpg
    45.2 KB · Views: 196
  • is_1725159.jpg
    is_1725159.jpg
    20.6 KB · Views: 419
pdas1201 said:
20 September 2005: Princess Alexandra, as protector, attended “The World’s Biggest Children’s Choir” at Århus Stadium. (Translated by GrandDuchess)www.isifa.com
I think Alexandra is the protector of girl's choir and Mary is the protector of children's choir (I am not that sure about this, please correct me if i am wrong). May be she is there due to Mary's condition :confused:. Thanks for the picture Alex looks lovely as usual:) .

bigheadshirmp said:
http://www.bt.dk/royalt/artikel:aid=390442:fid=100300238/

new article from BT.....can someone translate or summarize?

After the divorce, the postcards with Alexandra and Joachim together on them, became sort of an collectors item... And now they're nearly impossible to get a hold of, as official portraits with the two of them are unlikely to be produced, says the company making the cards.

Unfortunate for some Chinese tourists in Copenhagen: the only one they "knew" in the Danish royal family before arriving, was Princess Alexandra.

Alexandra is looking spectacular these days, everything about her seems alot more confident and glamourous.

I agree she does look more confident and glamourous (It must be because she is happy, and has a new out look on life and a new love by all acounts ) being divorced from the prince agree's with her

Princess Alexandra hides in the car, with princes Nikolai and Felix on the back seat while her boyfriend Martin Jorgensen drives in her house in Hellerup, north of Copenhagen...Newscom..

pap.jpg

pap1.jpg

What's the point of hiding? We know they're seeing each other. Hiding only encourages the aggressive photographers.

More pics..Newscom...

pap2.jpg

Princess Alexandra's boyfriend Martin Jorgensen leaves Alexandra's house in a friends car later

pap3.jpg

runaway princess said:
Princess Alexandra hides in the car, with princes Nikolai and Felix on the back seat while her boyfriend Martin Jorgensen drives in her house in Hellerup, north of Copenhagen...Newscom..
Im sure she was not hiding. She has had pain in her back for some time and may had need to lye down if they were driving for long time. But Im also sure that it will not be interpretted like that by the press. Guess who is gonna be frontpage news soon? It doesn't look good!

The above photos made Alexandra look so guilty and embarrassed - I feel very sorry for Alexandra. It looked so strange and sad why Alex had to sit in such an odd position in the car since it was very dangerous. She should have her seat belt on at all times.

It seemed to me that Alex appeared to be "hiding" in the car. However, it is definately too late to hide !

Last edited:
Linda Hsu said:
The above photos made Alexandra looked so guilty and embarrassed - I feel very sorry for Alexandra. It looked so strange and sad why Alex had to sit in such an odd position in the car since it was very dangerous. She should have her seat belt on at all times.

Actually, Princess Alexandra does have her seatbelt on.

As someone who's had a very close friend suffer from a slipped disk, I know that leaning the seat back helps relieve the pressure on the back. Sitting in one position for too long can really hurt but in the end, my friend opted for surgery so he's doing much better now.

I honestly can't see her face to know whether she's embarrassed or guilty. Then again, I don't think she was in hiding either.

fromEU said:
Im sure she was not hiding. She has had pain in her back for some time and may had need to lye down if they were driving for long time. But Im also sure that it will not be interpretted like that by the press. Guess who is gonna be frontpage news soon? It doesn't look good!

It seems to me that she was hiding. Her arm covers her face.

Last edited:
I don't know about hiding. Looks like she's actually lifting her head from the reclined seat to see where they are going.

Princess Alexandra has behaved in a very dignified, gracious, and respectful manner throughout her divorce and after. I don't expect her to change her ways because she is involved with someone else.

I do hope her back feels better.

It seems rather pointless and stupid for her to be hiding, when Nikolai and Felix are in the backseat, plain for everybody to see, and I've never gotten the impression that Alex is silly.

Serious back pains seems to be a more believable explanation to me, for lying in her seat.

norwegianne said:
It seems rather pointless and stupid for her to be hiding, when Nikolai and Felix are in the backseat, plain for everybody to see, and I've never gotten the impression that Alex is silly.

Serious back pains seems to be a more believable explanation to me, for lying in her seat.

But the FACT is : Alexandra puts her arm to cover up her face !!!!!!! :cool:

Alexandra's body languages made her look so guilty and embarrassed !!!!!!!

Last edited:
norwegianne said:
That's what I also think. It looks like she's lifting her head with her right hand. According to some Swedish magazines she suffers from severe back pains just like Q. Silvia.

Last edited:
Just curious, if she is having back pains she should not be out in the first place, some more with the children around. They need someone to take care . From the Newcom pictures(some not posted here) it appeared in the beginning, she tried to avoid the photographers by hiding in between the windows and lying down. You can see the flashes reflected on the front car window. And as she passed them she lifted her head to avoid direct facing them and covered with her arm.Flashes reflected on back window. Whatever it is, I don't think I like to be in her position now.This will only bring in more bad publicity. Just feel sad to see those children at the back of the car especially Prince Felix biting on a piece of towel sitting quietly at the back. She should be very careful . The media will not leave her alone.

Last edited:
hiding

It looks like she is lifting her head not hiding. And why did the press choose to print this shot. To me they chose it to make her look guilty. The press loves drama and to make problems.

29 September, 2005: Princess Alexandra, as protector, opened the SICEF 2005 fair. (Translated by GrandDuchess)

www.colourpress.com

Attachments

• 03.jpg
    03.jpg
    110.9 KB · Views: 206
  • 02.jpg
    02.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 194
  • 01.jpg
    01.jpg
    71.1 KB · Views: 214
  • 04.jpg
    04.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 237
  • 06.jpg
    06.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 220
  • 07.jpg
    07.jpg
    101.9 KB · Views: 185
  • 08.jpg
    08.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 203
  • 09.jpg
    09.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 228
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 431
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    71.8 KB · Views: 202
Just curious, if she is having back pains she should not be out in the first place, some more with the children around. They need someone to take care .
I believe she has back pains from time to time and I for one don't expect her to be confined to bed 24/7 for that. Her children are small and probably crave her attention and I'm glad that she isn't alienating them for whatever turns and twists she faces. I would think that most working mothers would make sure to spend as much time as possible with their children whenever they can.

Last edited:
I think she does not have anything to hide. Whether she was hiding or not is pointless. The thing is that she is happy and I don't really think she cares what people think. The new boyfriend is cute and they make a lovely couple. Good for her!

Harmony said:
Just curious, if she is having back pains she should not be out in the first place, some more with the children around. They need someone to take care . From the Newcom pictures(some not posted here) it appeared in the beginning, she tried to avoid the photographers by hiding in between the windows and lying down. You can see the flashes reflected on the front car window. And as she passed them she lifted her head to avoid direct facing them and covered with her arm.Flashes reflected on back window. Whatever it is, I don't think I like to be in her position now.This will only bring in more bad publicity. Just feel sad to see those children at the back of the car especially Prince Felix biting on a piece of towel sitting quietly at the back. She should be very careful . The media will not leave her alone.

WOW ! GREAT post..............Very analytical and sensible comments !!!!!!

You are a gem ! I agree with you 100% !!!! Well done !!!!

Amen

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom