Princess Alexandra, Current Events 1: November 2002 - May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Perhaps Joachim looks a bit severe, but I think Alex looks absolutely wonderful. The dress she is wearing is beautiful. I love the embroidery and the way the fabric falls. As for wrinkles, there are a few, but I doubt they are due to tights. If Alex were wearing tights, the veins on the top of her foot would not be so apparent.

I like her because she has a sense of fashion. Her dress even when simple always goes with how she looks..Her shoes has always attracted me..Color goes always with the dress.

She is looking beautiful.

Have Alexandra ever taken part of a state visit to Denmark?

Arriving for the meeting

during the meeting

Attachments

• car.jpg
    car.jpg
    38.2 KB · Views: 287
  • debate.jpg
    debate.jpg
    46.1 KB · Views: 291
Last edited by a moderator:
So many nice photos at once she is doing a lot of work these days..
Great for us.. who likes Princess Alexandra of Denmark.
Thanks for posting them..

Lotte.

Hi .

More news Alexandra did an interview with 2 children for tv.
They interviewed her and asked her what her look was about children in poor countrys.

It is going to be on danish tv DR sep 20 " Fjernsyn for dig "

Lotte

Attachments

• interview__Fjernsyn_for_dig.jpg
    interview__Fjernsyn_for_dig.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 325
Princess Alexandra

My Denmark

Princess Alexandra is enthusiastic about Denmark, her new home. In this exclusive interview she describes her initial reaction to Denmark and the Danes.

“What is typically Danish? The things that first spring to mind are Lego toys, beer, football and Danish pastry”.

Princess Alexandra’s answer comes promptly and without hesitation – and in perfect / flawless / faultless Danish. Se even masters the difficult pronunciation completely.

Today she gives an exclusive interview to Danmarks Turistråd (The Danish Tourist Board) and receives us at Amalienborg Palace in Copenhagen. We have been seated in the sofa corner in Carl the 15th’s hall, and the Princess herself pours the coffee.

Charming, spontaneous, beautiful and professional to the fingertips / every inch professional …. Since Princess Alexandra was introduced to the world as Prince Joachim’s fiancée on 31 May 1995, she has been described again and again in Danish and foreign media. Now, more than a year after the wedding, it is her turn to comment on us, the Danes.

“How would you describe Denmark and the Danes?”

“Denmark is a lovely and well-organized country, and I see the Danes as very straightforward and friendly people. Everybody is very helpful. Open and cheerful / good-humoured”.

She is clearly enthusiastic about her new “home” country and is more than willing to comment on the many things that have impressed her.

“What parts of Denmark do you show your relatives when they visit you?”

“Of course, it is mainly the area around Schackenborg Palace, where we live. Our guests are just as fascinated as myself by the very special / the quite extraordinary scenery in Southern Jutland, which is probably the flattest area in Denmark. I have never seen a place with so much open sky. The weather changes constantly. One moment it is sunshine, the next rain and hail showers. It is just so beautiful. Another thing that our guests are attracted by is, of course, the North Sea. Last winter we had / made a wonderful trip / excursion / outing to the North Sea, where everything was covered in / by ice / there was ice all over. It was very much like the North Pole. Altogether the changing seasons make a great impression on me. We haven’t got anything like it in Hong Kong”.

Toender, Denmark - Princess Alexandra opened the Soroptimist-Rally, a orientation-rallye for women in costumes, driving funny cars, in Toender today. The event rises money for UNICEF.

Aabenraa, Denmark - Princess Alexandra visited Dansk Blindesamfund, the "The Danish Association of the Blind", that she is the protector for. While she was at the Aabenraa-center of the organisation she visited the Darkness Cafe, where normal sighted people can experience how its is to be blind.

Attachments

• Alexandra1.jpg
    Alexandra1.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 255
  • Alexandra2.jpg
    Alexandra2.jpg
    37.7 KB · Views: 266
  • Alexandra3.jpg
    Alexandra3.jpg
    34.1 KB · Views: 239
  • Alexandra4.jpg
    Alexandra4.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 220
  • Alexandra5.jpg
    Alexandra5.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 246
  • Alex1.jpg
    Alex1.jpg
    11.6 KB · Views: 241
  • Alex2.jpg
    Alex2.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 257
That's quite a dress.

I've always found it amazing how Princess Alexandra's half Chinese half Austrian. Prince Joachim married an Eurasian. That always made me curious, but I find her extremely pretty. Does anyone have pictures of her when she was younger?

Hi...

You are right Joy. Enyone have pics of ALEXANDRA when she was younger

Originally posted by joytotheworld@Jan 8th, 2004 - 1:34 pm
That's quite a dress.

I've always found it amazing how Princess Alexandra's half Chinese half Austrian. Prince Joachim married an Eurasian. That always made me curious, but I find her extremely pretty. Does anyone have pictures of her when she was younger?
She is Eurasian, but not half Chinese half Austrian... she's acutally 25% Chinese, 25% British and 50% Austrian/Polish (25% each if you like). Also, you can find some pics of her when she was younger at this site =)

http://community.webshots.com/album/65486431AUCKrT

that's quite a mixture of strong bloods!!!

But her eyes, she surely had inherited it from her father.
No wonder she is very beautiful.

Originally posted by pepperann@Jan 10th, 2004 - 9:30 am
She is Eurasian, but not half Chinese half Austrian...
she's acutally 25% Chinese, 25% British and 50% Austrian/Polish (25% each if you like).
:doh:

None has done the genealogy on Princess Alexandra !

I really, really don't know why - as she is the mother of # 3 and # 4 in the succession to the danish throne.

But how anyone is able to write that this young woman - Christa - with her first child - Alexandra - is of no chinese or other asian origin - is totally beyond me ! :shock:

Geographical info on place of birth and upbringing does not contradict any ethnical origin, I am sure you know :flower:

http://community.webshots.com/photo/65486431/65487736dKaAXP

Wherever she is from, she is still amazingly beautiful, in a classy, well-put-together way, which is one of the best kinds of all. :)

None has done the genealogy on Princess Alexandra !

I really, really don't know why - as she is the mother of # 3 and # 4 in the succession to the danish throne.

But how anyone is able to write that this young woman - Christa - with her first child - Alexandra - is of no chinese or other asian origin - is totally beyond me ! :shock:

Geographical info on place of birth and upbringing does not contradict any ethnical origin, I am sure you know :flower:

Alexandra's mother claims no asian heritage...only Austrian and Polish. However, you're absolutely right that she could have central asian blood in her ancestry which is the cause of her Asian looking eyes.

Right. Her Asian heritage is through her father, who is half ethnic Chinese. Does anyone know if that is through his mother or father?

Originally posted by lasu@Jan 13th, 2004 - 12:28 am
Right. Her Asian heritage is through her father,
So you do not think the young Christa with her daughter looks part asian ? Really ?

Her Asian heritage is through her father,
So you do not think the young Christa with her daughter looks part asian ? Really ?

I honestly dont see any asian in her mother...it is a known fact that she is of Austrian and Polish blood...her father on the other hand is Chinese and British... but i could be wrong..if you find any info that proves otherwise let us know =)

I'm not sure if this has been posted before, but a picture of her and 10-year-old Emma Finsted from the Nov. 26 dinner. Quite a large file.

Attachments

• whee2.jpg
    whee2.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 235
The magasine cover of Ude og Hjemme says:
A new life in the shadow of Mary: Don't forget Alex
Lajla ;)

that's really sweet. of course we'll never forget alex but when mary produces an heir i'm worried that all the attention might be on mary and fred's family .

Originally posted by andiemac@Jan 20th, 2004 - 7:26 am
that's really sweet. of course we'll never forget alex but when mary produces an heir i'm worried that all the attention might be on mary and fred's family .
I don't think that will happen. The Danish royal family is pretty small for the second child and his children, who are in line to the throne to be forgotten. While lots of attention will be paid to Frederik and Mary's children and their growing family, I don't think Joachim, Alexandra, Nikolai and Felix will be "lost" in the shadows at all. They may not get as much attention with Frederik's growing family, but they certainly won't get no attention at all.

And as another post mentioned, maybe Joachim and Alexandra are looking forward to less attention on them and their family; maybe Frederik and Mary and their family taking some of the media attention away from Joachim and Alexandra and their family is a bit of a relief; a good thing.

I have alot of questions which i hope some of you long royal watchers can help me with. 1) When Alexandra first married Joachim was very one happy about it, like the newspapers and stuff like that?
2) I read that one of the former P.M said a racial comment about alexandra, what did he said?

3)I read on another MB that when Alexandra was 15,she had anffair with an millionare from HK and aleaxandra promoted his Fitness center, by posing in a bikini. Does anyone know about this. I can kind of understand why this wouldnt be found in 1995 or something i doubt RF didnt do this type of research until Maxima and M-M.

Right. Her Asian heritage is through her father,
Yes I think in that pic of the mum and dad and the baby (Alex?), her mum looks a bit Chinese. But I think that happens. I think there are some people with no asian blood who looks like they do, like if Jenna Elfman had black hair and brown eyes, she'd look Chinese coz her eyes look Chinese, or Renee Zelwegger's (spl?) eyes looks Chinese even though she's not.

Her parents look really happy in that pic! I like that. I wonder if they at all thought that day that the child would become a princess in another land??? Wow.... makes you wonder .......

Originally posted by andiemac@Jan 20th, 2004 - 7:26 am
Yaaayyy Alex!!! Of course no-one will forget Alex! As if.... she's the best!

But I do hate it how people go on about how Alex ought to have been CPss... it's like people want Alex to be more than she is now, when she's already heaps excellent the way she is now. I'm more than satisfied with Alex now thank you very much. No need to have a CPss title at all.

Originally posted by Jasl@Feb 6th, 2004 - 5:06 am
Her parents look really happy in that pic! I like that. I wonder if they at all though that day that the child would become a princess in another land??? Wow.... makes you wonder .......
Imagine that. Haha. I'll bet that of course her parents never thought of that, and must've been very surprised when she told them the news. Phew.

Originally posted by lori@Jan 12th, 2004 - 7:31 pm
His mother (Alex's grandmother from shaighai --spelling)
Your spelling is wrong . Her grandmother from ShangHai , a beautiful city of CHINA.Alexandra's father was born in ShangHai. Alexandra have a Chinese name is WenYaLi---Chinese spelling is 文雅丽.She most like blackegg of the Chinese food .Her portion apparel is imitate the Chinese nation finery---QiPao .I think Prince Joachim was attracted by her black eye and black hair .This is a sort of east charm.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom