Princess Alexandra, Current Events 1: November 2002 - May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Reina said:
That guy is not that hot. ANyway I too hope she gets back in the dating game. It would be awesome if he had a title.

Do you mean a title of his own? Because any person who Alexandra remarries will definately not get a title.

agisele said:
Do you mean a title of his own? Because any person who Alexandra remarries will definately not get a title.

We know that a second husband wouldn't get a title associated with the Danish Royal Family. I think what Reina was trying to say that it would be nice if the guy had his own title to begin with....I'm still not sure as to why that would be nice, but yeah, I think that's what she was getting at.

so....we're not likely to see Princess Alexandra on the balcony tomolo....cuz they change the kalendar on the offical website....only the Queen and Prince Henrik will be present in the balcony...instead of "the royal family"

Princess Alexandra was not on the balcony for QM's 65th birthday. Only the Queen, Henrik, Joachim, Nikoli and Felix were on the balcony. Fred and Mary are in Thailand.

Well since she probably will lose her title if she remarries (and I hoep she does) than it would be nice if she had some sort of title still. But thinking about it it is pretty shallow...

New title for Alexandra!

Her Majesty Queen Margrethe II has on her bithday (16 April) decided to give Princess Alexandra an additional title. She is now: Her Highness Princess Alexandra, Princess of Denmark, Countess of Fredriksborg. Or in short, H.H. Princess Alexandra, Countess of Fredriksborg.

The press release clarifies that the divorce between Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra does not change her status as a member of the Royal House, and that she will remain a Princess of Denmark with the prefix Her Highness until the day of an eventual re-marriage for her part should come.

The title Countess of Fredriksborg is Alexandra's personal title (a personal title cannot be passed down I think), and if she should re-marry she will keep this title and be ranked as Class 1.1. which would make her styled Her Excellency.

GrandDuchess said:
Her Majesty Queen Margrethe II has on her bithday (16 April) decided to give Princess Alexandra an additional title. She is now: Her Highness Princess Alexandra, Princess of Denmark, Countess of Fredriksborg. Or in short, H.H. Princess Alexandra, Countess of Fredriksborg.

The press release clarifies that the divorce between Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra does not change her status as a member of the Royal House, and that she will remain a Princess of Denmark with the prefix Her Highness until the day of an eventual re-marriage for her part should come.

The title Countess of Fredriksborg is Alexandra's personal title (a personal title cannot be passed down I think), and if she should re-marry she will keep this title and be ranked as Class 1.1. which would make her styled Her Excellency.

How wonderful! She actually has her own title now. It's nice to see that she's still appreciated for all her years of work on behalf of Denmark.

GrandDuchess said:

That's wonderful news, I'm so glad that the Queen has recognized all the work that Alexandra has done for Denmark and it's a nice gesture that signals that the Royal Family and Alexandra are still on amicable terms after the divorce.

GrandDuchess said:

that good news!

I really like Queen Marthages because she very nice woman what she gives Princess Alexandra for new titles when she got divorces from Prince Joachim

Sara Boyce

an article from copenhagen post

Princess Alexandra is granted the title of Countess of Frederiksborg after divorcing Prince Joachim

Royal divorcee Princess Alexandra may have been degraded from 'Her Royal Highness' to just 'Her Highness' after dissolving the marriage to Prince Joachim, Queen Margrethe's younger son.

Nevertheless, the Queen granted her ex-daughter-in-law and grandsons' mother an independent title as Countess of Frederiksborg on her 65th birthday on Saturday.

The princess' title will from now on be Her Highness Princess Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg, the court announced in a statement.

The statement emphasized that her title as countess was 'personal and independent of whether the princess chooses to remarry.'

Historian and museum inspector Steffen Heiberg at the Frederiksborg Museum at Hillerød, a Copenhagen suburb, said it was the first time anyone was appointed countess of Frederiksborg.

'The title has never been used before,' he told national radio news channel DR. 'The royal family probably wanted to use something else than Rosenborg, which belongs to another branch of the family. Maybe they considered that Princess Alexandra got married in Frederiksborg Slotskirke.'

To me, this can only mean that the Queen acknowledges and appreciates what Alex has done for the royal family, and the divorce is certainly a "fault" of alex, in case anyone thinks so. Well done, Alex, and very sweet of the Queen to be so fair; and not take sides only with her son.

I think it shows that the Queen wishes to have Princess Alex representing the royal family in the future as well, regardless of her possible marriage plans. And I think it kind of serves as a gesture that the Queen doesn't think Alex should suffer for the failure of her marriage and that it is not her fault.

I believe they chose the title countess of Frederiksborg because that title is neutral and not in use. If I am correct, countess of Schackenborg could not have been used since there is already the von Schack family (a very well-known figure in Finland, Queen Ingrid's former lady-in-waiting, countess Karin von Schack married a finnish war hero in the manor chapel in the 1950s and became Mrs. Ehrnrooth, now widowed) although they sold the manor. Also, Alex doesn't live there anymore.

In any case, a nice thing for Alex! :)

Last edited:
I think that was such a very nice gesture from Queen Margrethe to grant Princess Alexandra a new title aside from retaining her title as Princess of Denmark. I think it would be nice to call Princess Alex as Countess of Frederiksborg also.

The Royal Family could really expect something from Princess Alex because I think even though she and Joachim are already divorced, she would still be very active in her role as Countess or Princess. She would still be involved with her tasks as patron of some organizations and she would still represent the DRF though in various ways.

With or without a royal title we can all still expect great things from Alexandra ^___^

Princess alexandra's next engagements after her trip to Shanghai (April 25-29)

03/05 05H.H. Prinsesse Alexandra deltager som æresmedlem i en del af København Zonta I's 70 års jubilæumsfest på Hotel Imperial, kl. 18.00 - 19.15.
Princess Alexandra, as Honorary Member, will attend Zonta Copenhagen's 70th anniversary party at Hotel Imperial

04/05 05H.H. Prinsesse Alexandra forestår indvielsen af Århus Amts nyopførte Social- og Sundhedsskole i Paderup ved Randers, kl. 13.20 - 14.50.
Princess Alexandra will inauguerate Århus newly built Social and Health School in Paderup at Randers

05/05 05Kronprinsparret samt H.K.H. Prins Joachim og H.H. Prinsesse Alexandra til stede ved den officielle indvielse af Danmarks første oplevelsespark "Danfoss Universe" samtidig med markeringen af Mads Clausens 100 års fødselsdag, kl. 10.30.
The Crown Princely Couple together with Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra will attend the official opening of Denmark's first experience park, "Danfoss Universe", coinciding with Mads Clausens birthday

Princess Alexandra in Shanghai to promote Danish Industries.
Day 1

Colourpress
Set 1

Attachments

• COLOUR10154091.jpg
    COLOUR10154091.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 203
  • COLOUR10154088.jpg
    COLOUR10154088.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 204
  • COLOUR10154094.jpg
    COLOUR10154094.jpg
    45.7 KB · Views: 191
  • COLOUR10154095.jpg
    COLOUR10154095.jpg
    45.5 KB · Views: 178
  • COLOUR10154096.jpg
    COLOUR10154096.jpg
    44.9 KB · Views: 206
  • COLOUR10154097.jpg
    COLOUR10154097.jpg
    48.9 KB · Views: 653
  • COLOUR10154098.jpg
    COLOUR10154098.jpg
    41.9 KB · Views: 240
  • COLOUR10154102.jpg
    COLOUR10154102.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 314
  • COLOUR10154103.jpg
    COLOUR10154103.jpg
    60.7 KB · Views: 265
  • COLOUR10154104.jpg
    COLOUR10154104.jpg
    67.8 KB · Views: 247
Colourpress
Set 2

Attachments

• COLOUR10154106.jpg
    COLOUR10154106.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 250
  • COLOUR10154107.jpg
    COLOUR10154107.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 284
  • COLOUR10154108.jpg
    COLOUR10154108.jpg
    81.3 KB · Views: 387
  • AP954769_guest.jpg.jpg
    AP954769_guest.jpg.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 272
Last edited:
She looks so relaxed in her recent engagement in Shanghai.
I love her attire and she looks so cheerful in those pictures.

Princess Alexandra visits the Andy Warhol Show in Shanghai - 20050426

colourpress.com

Shanghai, CH, Former Denmark princess Alexandra visits the Andy Warhol Show at the beginning of her 3-day cultural visit in Shanghai. Photo: Hou Xiao/ Photocome

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    60 KB · Views: 293
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 239
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    76.4 KB · Views: 199
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 213
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    112.3 KB · Views: 227
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    72.1 KB · Views: 208
Way to go Denmark! Your Queen is a class act for continuing to be so kind and generous to Alexandra!

Azur said:
She is still wearing her wedding ring, notice that everyone!?

Actually, I don't think it is. When I look closer, it doesn't look like her engagement or her wedding ring.

bigheadshirmp said:
Princess Alexandra visits the Andy Warhol Show in Shanghai - 20050426

colourpress.com

Shanghai, CH, Former Denmark princess Alexandra visits the Andy Warhol Show at the beginning of her 3-day cultural visit in Shanghai. Photo: Hou Xiao/ Photocome

former Danish princess? She is still a Danish princess, just not styled by HRH anymore and HH instead. That still makes her a Danish princess.
Anyway, it looks as though she's done something to her hair, and it looks fantastic. I love the white outfit she has on as well, especially the little flower detail near the collar.

agisele said:
former Danish princess? She is still a Danish princess, just not styled by HRH anymore and HH instead. That still makes her a Danish princess.
Anyway, it looks as though she's done something to her hair, and it looks fantastic. I love the white outfit she has on as well, especially the little flower detail near the collar.

hmm....i didn't notice that......i just copy paste the description from colourpress.....wonder how come they put former Danish princess....werid:confused:

Princess Alexandra playing with little chinese children in Shanghai
transpx.gif
transpx.gif
transpx.gif
Princess Alexandra visited Shanghai in China to promote Danish Industries. Here she is visiting the compagny GN Store Nord.
from colourpress

Attachments

• 24.jpg
    24.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 253
  • 23.jpg
    23.jpg
    118.6 KB · Views: 235
  • 21.jpg
    21.jpg
    90.1 KB · Views: 197
  • 22.jpg
    22.jpg
    106.2 KB · Views: 206
  • 20.jpg
    20.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 211
  • 18.jpg
    18.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 192
  • 17.jpg
    17.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 194
  • 16.jpg
    16.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 351
  • 19.jpg
    19.jpg
    97.5 KB · Views: 665
  • 25.jpg
    25.jpg
    99.9 KB · Views: 207
one more....

this pic is from yesterday April 27, 2005 when Princess Alexandra attended a fashion show.........

Attachments

• 26.jpg
    26.jpg
    64.3 KB · Views: 297
  • 27.jpg
    27.jpg
    15.9 KB · Views: 302
Last edited by a moderator:
bigheadshirmp said:

More pics...

Attachments

• 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    32.4 KB · Views: 197
  • 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    32.7 KB · Views: 206
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    40.3 KB · Views: 199
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    47.7 KB · Views: 222
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 323
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 236
More pics..

Princess Alexandra at the unveiling of a Danish fashion brand at the Parkson Department Store in Shangai.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    27.9 KB · Views: 243
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 220
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 220
Princess Alexandra in Shanghai to promote Danish industries - 20050427 Colourpress.com

Shanghai, China - Princess Alexandra is visiting Shanghai in China to promote Danish industries. Here she is visiting the new Flexa compagny. Photo: Steen Brogaard

Attachments

• COLOUR10155932.jpg
    COLOUR10155932.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 192
  • COLOUR10155933.jpg
    COLOUR10155933.jpg
    76.7 KB · Views: 269
  • COLOUR10155934.jpg
    COLOUR10155934.jpg
    85 KB · Views: 371
  • COLOUR10155935.jpg
    COLOUR10155935.jpg