Princess Alexandra, Current Events 1: November 2002 - May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Isabel said:
Alexandra already carries an HRH prefix. I thought that all reports to this point have stated that although Alex would lose her HRH after the divorce, she would instead have the prefix of HH and remain a Princess of Denmark? It is my understanding that only Joachim and Alexandra's children carry HH titles in the present. Their parents carry HRH.
Yes, I think Dennism mixed the two titles accidentaly.

When the divorce is finalised, Her Royal Highness Princess Alexandra will indeed become Her Highness, H.H.

I think someone did not realize that HKH is danish for HRH.

O, my mistake. I thought I had it right. Sorry that I confused people. Yes, good point, Reina. I should have noted that H.K.H is the Danish equivalent in case people were confused as well. O, you mean me. No, I knew what that means. I just forgot two important words in my translating of the 3 articles, "ikke længere" or no longer. My fault. Such poor spelling too! A warning to everybody. Don´t do translations so late at night. ha ha ha. Sorry for my mistakes. I really should have left it up to others. They could have done a better job than I did.

So, even if Alexandra is no longer a HRH, would she still be a part of the royal family? It's too bad that she'll lose the "Royal" part in her title. That would have been up to the queen if she would retain it or lose it.

like Princess Diana and Sarah,Duchess of York had it!

because Princess Diana got loses styles as titles "HRH" from HM Queen but Princess Alexandra would got loses titles and loses styles like Princess Diana had it and also Sarah,Duchess of York also! what HM Queen Marthages would given Alexandra known as!

Sara Boyce

Moonlightrhapsody said:
So, even if Alexandra is no longer a HRH, would she still be a part of the royal family? It's too bad that she'll lose the "Royal" part in her title. That would have been up to the queen if she would retain it or lose it.

I think it is a part of limiting the royal family. Nicolai and Felix only have HH titles, because the HRH is reserved for the children/children-in-law of the monarch or the crown prince/princess. And as Alexandra won't really be a part of the immediate royal family... well...

she'll always be beautiful inside and out in my eyes.. she is a beautiful eurasian princess and has beautiful kids!!

3/15/2005 - H.K.H. Prinsesse Alexandra overværer Det Kongelige Biblioteks markering af H.C. Andersens 200 års fødselsdag med udstillingerne "Digterens Teaterdrømme - H.C. Andersen" samt "Teatret og Skyggebilleder - H.C. Andersens rejse til Dresden og Sachsisk Schweiz 1831", kl. 19.30.
Princess Alexandra attends The Royal Library's marking of H.C. Andersen's 200 year jubilee with two exhibitions

any pics yet from yesterday's event?!!!

Alexandria said:
I was confused by the story, too. I thought that your (Isabel) scenario was the right one -- that the "Royal" from HRH would be dropped from Alexandra's title. Didn't Diana lose the Royal part of her title and remained Her Highness, Diana, Princess of Wales?

Sorry for the confusion Dennism. I hope that I didn't come off as snippy. I really wish that some of these writers would at least get someone to proof their articles. It seems that sometimes when it comes to the royals, that the journalism is completing lacking in facts and that many of these magazines and journals are simply trying to sell a story regardless of whether the facts are correct or not.

You're right. Diana did lose her HRH and was simply to be referred to officially after the divorce as Diana, Princess of Whales without prefix. The same happened to Sarah Ferguson after her divorce from Prince Andrew.

Princess Alexandra attended The Royal Library's marking of H.C. Andersen's 200 year jubilee with two exhibitions. From Imagine Scandinavia:

Attachments

• Alex.jpg
    Alex.jpg
    24.9 KB · Views: 340
Moonlightrhapsody said:

That is an interesting question. It seems to me that the contributions that Alexandra has made to the DRF have been greatly respected and clearly the vast majority of the public loves her. I am sure that she will continue as she has recently to represent the organizations under her patronage.

I really don't see this as a clean break from the DRF, however. Alexandra and Joachim are divorcing, yet Alex is still going to remain a Princess and only losing an HRH. She still gets an HH. That is very generous of Her Majesty I must say when considering that in many instances most individuals who marry into RF's never keep any sort of prefix after a divorce.

I don't think that Alexandra is really going to be kept at a complete distance from the DRF. She may no longer play an official role, but chances are that she will still be included in family gatherings and may actually even attend some events, only not as an offiicial member of the DRF. She will most likely be invited as any other guest.

I think, and hope, that Princess Alexandra will remain an active member of the Royal Family, taking on engagements of her own and supporting the family as well as attending certain family events. Princess Alexandra is deeply respected in Denmark, and the people have her so close to their hearts and have tremendous respect for her hard work, so the Queen would want to keep her close to the family. Princess Alexandra is also the mother of two boys in the Line of Succession, and this alone gives her a certain standard of importance.

Yes, i agree with you.Princess Alexandra has done lots good.The Danish seem give great love for her.We all love her much.It's not good if the Princess loose her title HRH.

From Colourpress:

Odense, Denmark - Princess Alexandra saturday opened the H.C. Andersen trade fair at Rosengaardcenter (a shopping mall in Odense). The fair is sponsored by danish companies in the Young Enterprise-club. The Princess' visit in Odense is assumed to be one of the last occasions, where she is introduced as Her Royal Highness - due to her upcoming divorce from Prince Joachim, which will change her title to 'Her Highness' instead of 'Her Royal Highness'. Photo: Morten Lyager

Attachments

• COLOUR10130496.jpg
    COLOUR10130496.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 192
  • COLOUR10130498.jpg
    COLOUR10130498.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 234
  • COLOUR10130501.jpg
    COLOUR10130501.jpg
    91.5 KB · Views: 175
  • COLOUR10130502.jpg
    COLOUR10130502.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 178
  • COLOUR10130503.jpg
    COLOUR10130503.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 157
  • COLOUR10130504.jpg
    COLOUR10130504.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 164
  • COLOUR10130506.jpg
    COLOUR10130506.jpg
    73.6 KB · Views: 182
  • COLOUR10130508.jpg
    COLOUR10130508.jpg
    85.1 KB · Views: 229
  • COLOUR10130496.jpg
    COLOUR10130496.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 167
  • COLOUR10130514.jpg
    COLOUR10130514.jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 193
Alex has become worrying skinny. Although she is laughing a lot in these pics, I can´t help but feel there is an incredible sadness behind all the smiles. I hope she is being well looked after.

Xandra said:
Alex has become worrying skinny. Although she is laughing a lot in these pics, I can´t help but feel there is an incredible sadness behind all the smiles. I hope she is being well looked after.

I think it's absolutely normal to be sad about a marriage ending, no matter what a good, brave front you put on. Joachim and their marriage has encompassed the last 10 years of Alexandra's life, he is the father of her two sons -- that's a lot of your life wrapped up in another person. Even more difficult that Alexandra (and Joachim) are having to go through this divorce rather publicly.

Whatever the reasons are for their marriage ending, whether Joachim is at fault or not (as the newspapers and tabloids speculated), it would still be sad. In the least it would be sad that you couldn't work things out for your kids.

Yes for sure,if we look cearly we can see that she becomes skinny especially her face.

Alexandria, this is exactly my concern. It must be so very hard for Alex at this point of time, so I hope the Royal family is helping her in every way they can. Of course it´s hard for Joachim, too, but he is from the family, and never had to change his career/way of life when he got married (except to be a decent father). I married a foreigner too, so I know what it´s like to give up your former life for a new country. For Alex, it was an entirely new and different life (difficult, for sure, becoming royal), one she worked hard at, performed her duties impeccably, and a divorce is the result after 10 years of working hard. It´s unbearable.

bigheadshirmp said:
29/03 05H.K.H. Prinsesse Alexandra overværer Foreningen Cancerramte Børns show i Glassalen i Tivoli, kl. 19.30
Princess Alexandra will attend the the Society for Children with Cancer's show at the Tivoli

bigheadshirmp said:
31/03 05H.K.H. Prins Joachim og H.K.H. Prinsesse Alexandra deltager på vegne af Prins Joachim og Prinsesse Alexandras fond ved et UNICEF Danmark arrangement for donorer i f.m. Tsunami-katastrofen i Sydøstasien, på UNICEF Plads, kl. 17.00.
Princess Alexandra will take part, on behalf of the Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra Fund, at UNICEF Denmark's arrangement for donors to the relief of the tsunmai catastrophy

To remove quoted image

GrandDuchess said:
I didn't know where to post this (as there is no family thread), I hope it's okay here!? :)

Danish tabloid Billed-Bladet writes that Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra have decided that their "failed" marriage will not influece their children's life to any greater extent. They will leave for Marselisborg Palace on Friday. and will celebrate Easter together with their children and the rest of the Royal Family there, as tradition has it.

I applaud them for their decision....:)

Last edited by a moderator:
GrandDuchess said:
I didn't know where to post this (as there is no family thread), I hope it's okay here!? :)

Danish tabloid Billed-Bladet writes that Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra have decided that their "failed" marriage will not influece their children's life to any greater extent. They will leave for Marselisborg Palace on Friday. and will celebrate Easter together with their children and the rest of the Royal Family there, as tradition has it.

isn't this pic from last year?! i remember seeing this pic b4

Last edited by a moderator:
The picture was an old one, from last Easter when Prins Henrik took them to Tivoli in Århus. Well spotted. In Billedbladet it was said as an explanation to the photo. (I bought it this week for the TV-guide... and not really for the royal stuff. Ah, who believes me.)

Oh, it´s nice that they do things together, so that the children can lead as "normal" a life as possible. But let´s not forget that obviously Alex has been totally "correct" in her behaviour all along, otherwise the Queen and RF would never invite her to any family event, children or not. It´s also obvious from the fact that she and the boys are still staying at Amalienborg.

Alexandria said:
I think it's absolutely normal to be sad about a marriage ending, no matter what a good, brave front you put on. Joachim and their marriage has encompassed the last 10 years of Alexandra's life, he is the father of her two sons -- that's a lot of your life wrapped up in another person. Even more difficult that Alexandra (and Joachim) are having to go through this divorce rather publicly.

Whatever the reasons are for their marriage ending, whether Joachim is at fault or not (as the newspapers and tabloids speculated), it would still be sad. In the least it would be sad that you couldn't work things out for your kids.

I really agree with you Alexandria.

I think those persons who have not yet experienced or been into a serious kind of relationship would not really know the real feeling of breaking up or undergoing a divorce. Though we know that the person at this moment of his/her life is feeling this and that.

I couldn't really blame Princess Alexandra if she is looking sad or like this lately and she has become sort of skinny because it's not an easy situation to be a wife ,a mother and at the same time you are undergoing a divorce in public. I mean, who would expect that their marriage would fail when everybody else thought it would survive all the problems it would encounter. So, it is just normal for her to feel sort of sad lately. It's even better that she still manages to smile all the time both in public and private. Such a dignified person really Alexandra is!

But I do admire her for her courage and determination as a royal and especially in this time of her life. I think her main source of strength and inspiratin right now are her two sons!

Translation of the calendar (posted by Paulette):

paulette said:
4/1/2005 - Regentparret, Kronprinsparret, H.K.H. Prins Joachim og H.K.H. Prinsesse Alexandra, H.K.H. Prinsesse Benedikte, D.H. Prins Richard, Prins Gustav, Prinsesse Nathalie og Prinsesse Alexandra samt Greve Jefferson overværer Det Kongelige Teaters gallaforestilling i anledning af H.C. Andersens 200 års fødselsdag, kl. 20.00.
The Queen and Prince, Prince Joachim, Princess Alexandra, Princess Benedikte, Prince Richard, Prince Gustav, Princess Nathalie and Princess Alexandra and Count Jefferson will attend The Royal Theatre's gala performance on the occasion of H.C. Andersen's 200th birthday (8 pm)
paulette said:
4/2/2005 - Regentparret, Kronprinsparret, H.K.H. Prins Joachim og H.K.H. Prinsesse Alexandra, H.K.H. Prinsesse Benedikte, D.H. Prins Richard, Prins Gustav, Prinsesse Nathalie, Prinsesse Alexandra samt Greve Jefferson overværer globalt eventyrshow i Parken i København, kl. 21.00 - 23.00.
The Queen and Prince, Prince Joachim, Princess Alexandra, Princess Benedikte, Prince Richard, Prince Gustav, Princess Nathalie and Princess Alexandra and Count Jefferson will attend a global adventure show in Copenhagen (9-11 pm)
paulette said:
4/3/2005 - Kronprinsparret, H.K.H. Prins Joachim og H.K.H. Prinsesse Alexandra, H.K.H. Prinsesse Benedikte, D.H. Prins Richard, Prins Gustav, Prinsesse Alexandra og Greve Jefferson deltager i officiel reception, som Københavns Rådhus afholder i samarbejde med H.C. Andersen 2005 Fonden, kl. 12.00 - 14.00.
The Queen and Prince, Prince Joachim, Princess Alexandra, Princess Benedikte, Prince Richard, Prince Gustav, Princess Nathalie and Princess Alexandra and Count Jefferson will attend an official reception that the Copenhagen's City Hall hosts together with the H.C. Andersen 2005 Fund (mid-day-2 pm)
paulette said:
4/5/2004 - Residens på Fredensborg
Stay at Fredensborg
paulette said:
4/5/2005 - H.K.H. Prinsesse Alexandra overværer som protektor for The English-speaking Union of Denmark finalen i "The Public-Speaking Competition" hos den britiske ambassadør i København, kl. 18.00.
Princess Alexandra, as protector, will attend The English Speaking Union of Denmark's finals in "The Public Speaking Competition" at the British Ambassador's residence in Copenhagen (6 pm)

lori said:
Where are fred and mary during all these events?

Anywhere it says Kronprinsparret in the original Danish text. It seems GrandDuchess missed a word while translating.

On Sunday the Queen, Prince Henrik, Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra have attended the church service together...

Attachments

• large-20050328-234602-0.jpg
    large-20050328-234602-0.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 367
Found a pic of PA, the caption reads that on March 28, 2005, Princess Alexandra presented credentials to official delegates who will represent Russia at the Hans Christian Andersen 200th birthday celbrations.

What I am confused about is that there was no mention of this event in the calender:confused:

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    29.3 KB · Views: 212
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom