Princes Nikolai, Felix, Henrik & Princess Athena, Part 1: February 2012 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Happy Birthday to Prince Felix
new pic? and article where it says he is currently in France with Joachim and Marie, and siblings
in this pic, he looks a lot like Joachim

Tillykke - Prins Felix fylder 12 | Billed Bladet

Joachim
https://encrypted-tbn0.gstatic.com/...vDjyHqfvBjlfyZ8NtIKXGbFfRHwGzaakDfJGOqGYVrUVQ

Does he ever look like his Dad in that one...Wow!! And those gorgeous eyes...I can foresee Joachim possibly needing to use his Sword in the near Future in order to protect Felix from the hordes of young ladies coming after the lad. :D

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

:previous: I can assure you, Tiggersk8, you are not the only one who has gone ga-ga over Felix blue eyes. :p

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #33, 2014.
Written by Trine Larsen.

While Martin Jørgensen took Felix to school in Copenhagen, Joachim and Alexandra took Nikolai to his first day at school at Herlufsholm boarding school.
The family posed outside the school and gave an interview.

Nikolai: "Yes, it'll be exciting and I'm looking forward to it. A lot actually".
Joachim: "It's a big day".
Alexandra: "It'll be odd not to have him at home. - But fortunately we'll see him again soon".

Nikolai will sleep in a dormitory with twenty other pupils and he believes he will be able to sleep depite someone snoring and other sounds at night: "I think you'll get used to that soon".
J: "Well, you have to".
A: "You might be the one snoring".
N: "Nah, I don't snore".
A: "Otherwise use earplugs, if you are disturbed".

What will he miss:
N: "The breakfast, where we have a cozy time. And then our many good conversations".
Alexandra points at herself.
N: "Yeah, yeah, yeah, I'll surely miss Mammi...and Felix and Lili (the dog). And dad and Martin and all of them, but it'll be fine".
J: "Good. You just saved that one".

Nikolai won't be among complete strangers, there are a few at the school whom he knows but they won't go in the same class as him.
How about the strickter rules, discipline and school uniform?
N: "The ting about the school uniform is okay. That makes it all a whole lot easier".
A: "I also had a school uniform and I think that was a really, really good thing".
J: "It'll all be alright. Nikolai must...and here I speak from experience from my own time at bording school - experience and develope himself, break rules... and learn from his mistakes. That's the way it is".

And how long does he plan to go at Herlufsholm?
N: "Initially a year. Then we'll see".
J: "It's after all 10th grade and then we'll see what will happen. Whether Nikolai likes it - and whether we are happy and pleased with the solution".

The other students have brought personal items with them, what has Nikolai brought?
N: "A bit of this and that. Nothing special. Yeah, my bicycle": His mountain bike.

- Judging from the pics in the article it an excited boy who will by now have spend the first nights at Herlufsholm and visibly proud parents.

Last edited:
Wish him nothing but the best of Luck going into this new experience. Some are suited for Boarding School and some aren't. I really hope Nikolai is one of those who are. :)

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Last edited by a moderator:
I hope Nikolai enjoys his new school and manages to fit in well. I visited the school's website and Wikipedia page because I like being nosy, and think it sounds like quite a nice school - I found it interesting to learn that the pupils speak their own version of Danish there.

I didn't realise that he's only going to stay there for a year, perhaps if he and Joachim and Alexandra are happy with Herlufsholm, Felix might go there too. I loved the part of the interview where Alexandra said to Nikolai "but you might be the one snoring". :D

I agree Tiggersk8 - some children get used to boarding school easily whilst others find it a little more difficult. I remember reading that Prince Philip loved Gordonstoun, whereas Prince Charles hated it, and I don't think Prince Andrew liked it either but I remember reading that Prince Edward did, although I could be mistaking him for someone else.

I hope Nikolai enjoys his new school and manages to fit in well. I visited the school's website and Wikipedia page because I like being nosy, and think it sounds like quite a nice school - I found it interesting to learn that the pupils speak their own version of Danish there.

Yes, if anyone here are familiar with the Flashman novels by George McDonald Frasier, the Danish translations of the boarding school slang in those book use slang from Herlufsholm.

I didn't realise that he's only going to stay there for a year, perhaps if he and Joachim and Alexandra are happy with Herlufsholm, Felix might go there too. I loved the part of the interview where Alexandra said to Nikolai "but you might be the one snoring". :D

I agree Tiggersk8 - some children get used to boarding school easily whilst others find it a little more difficult. I remember reading that Prince Philip loved Gordonstoun, whereas Prince Charles hated it, and I don't think Prince Andrew liked it either but I remember reading that Prince Edward did, although I could be mistaking him for someone else.

I think it's encouraging that Nikolai himself sounds very enthusiastic about trying the school out, and that the family has made it clear to him that he needs to commit to the year, but then they'll consider other options if it's not working out for him.

Hopefully he enjoys himself so much he decides to stick around!

really nice pics. In one of them there is his brother behind.

What a good looking young man. I know he is down the line now that F&M have 4 children but I would love to see Nikolai in a few years time all dressed up and ready to attend an official function of some sort representing the DRF.

Nikolai is soooooo handsome :wub::blush:
I don't believe that Nikolai is now 15!!!!!!

I didn't realise that Nikolai was fifteen years old already, time flies! He is indeed going to be handsome once he gets older, as is his brother Felix. It's also nice to see Felix included in the photos.

Ekstra Bladet claim that Nikolai is using Jørgensen because he has "spent more time with Martin Jørgensen than with his own father" – which is typical EB ridiculousness. Obviously he used Jørgensen to avoid getting noticed by tabloids like EB etc.

Apparently, one of his friends commented on one of his pictures that he's "Prinsen af næwer" – the Prince of Næver. Næver is a nickname for Næstved, the city in which Herlufsholm is placed :D

Last edited:
:previous:

IMO, using Jørgensen creates more interest for the tabloids than if Nikolai were to use something more common (ie. the Danish equivalent of Smith or Brown). It gives them a platform on a silver platter to invent stories about the family dynamic/relationships.

I also find it disrespectful to use Jørgensen as a last name in this way. It gives the wrong impression, especially when there could have been a multitude of other options to use.

:previous: Jørgensen is a common name. I reckon there's quite a few Nikolai Jørgensens in Denmark, actually (I just checked my own Facebook, and I happen to know two myself).

To be honest, I don't think it would matter which name the royals use to disguise themselves. Unless they leave their profile picture blank, use a stereotypical name and set everything to be entirely private, the press will probably find out in the end – Frederik's Jens Peter Hansen didn't work out either. Granted, Jørgensen is attached to the family through Martin, but Nikolai is fifteen, perhaps he doesn't think down those lanes. I see Nikolai using Jørgensen as a loving gesture to Martin, with whom he and Felix obviously have a great relationship, as well as a teenager's somewhat naive way of trying not to get noticed.

Last edited:
The press will always find the social media pages of royals and celebrities, regardless of how private the settings are.

Even with Jørgensen being a common surname, a different one would have been a better choice IMO. Granted, like you said, Nikolai probably didn't think of any of the potential issues which the press may conjure up stemming from this, which as a teenager is to be expected.

:previous:

IMO, using Jørgensen creates more interest for the tabloids than if Nikolai were to use something more common (ie. the Danish equivalent of Smith or Brown). It gives them a platform on a silver platter to invent stories about the family dynamic/relationships..

There are approx. 89.000 named Jørgensen in Denmark, so it's not an uncommon name. The problem in this case is the context, as you mention! I only saw the headline on the news stand in the super market :)biggrin:) and my immediate reaction was b.s., if you pardon the expression. But then again the story was printed in our worst gossip rag, which- for the record - has a pending News- of- the- World- like-phone-hacking case.

viv

I didn't realise that it was Athena's birthday today. She's grown up so quickly! I loved the newest photos of her, she seems to be a happy little girl. I've always thought the children in the DRF seem to be very happy and "normal" children though, which is lovely to see. Despite the fact that they are royal, I've always gotten the impression that their parents are trying to make them have as normal a childhood as possible.

Athena is also very sweet and has always reminded me of the little girl who plays Marigold in Downton.

love the one of her with the toy cars

She has an interesting demeanor in the one where she looks into the camera. I bet she will be one intelligent young Lady.

Athena is a very cute little girl! I would love a baby sister for her but think Joachim and Marie are done.

She is adorable! Joachim has had very cute kids with both wives.

Such great pictures. Steen Brogaard is one of my favourite photographers. Looks like little Athena is going to be the image of her maternal grandmother when she grows up – I really think her resemblance to Françoise Grassiot is striking, especially around the eyes and whenever she smiles :wub:

I see her father in her face most of all.

Athena is so cute and I adore what she is wearing.

Thanks, Iceflower.

I bet the first word she and bette Henrik said wasn't mum or dad, but vrooomm.

Would not surprise me if her first words were vroom!! LOL
What a darling little girl - So cute! Thanks For the pic, Muhler!

First thought seeing the race car picture: She is Daddy's little girl! What a cutie.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom