The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2018, 05:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Felix is to start in high school after the summer holidays: https://www.bt.dk/danmark/prins-feli...ller-storebror

He will not attend a boarding school, instead he will attend the pretty posh Gammel Hellerup Gymnasium.

Later on he considers following in the footsteps of his brother. i.e. join the military.

Old 05-23-2018, 12:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

I guess this belongs here: https://www.bt.dk/royale/hun-er-en-meget-stolt-mor

Alexandra went with Nikolai to the photo shoot for the photos for Dust Magazine.

Old 05-23-2018, 01:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Muhler View Post
I guess this belongs here: https://www.bt.dk/royale/hun-er-en-meget-stolt-mor

Alexandra went with Nikolai to the photo shoot for the photos for Dust Magazine (you know, the poodle-pic). The shoot took place not far from where she lives.

Your comparisions of N. with a poodle is not funny anymore. OK, some of us had a good laugh... But this starts to become annoying.
I know, you didn´t mean to compare him with dogs (although these are wonderful creatures, of course), you just meant his hairdo which I understand you do not like. But still...!
Old 05-23-2018, 01:56 PM
Majesty

some few more photos from his photo shoots
"PRINCE NIKOLAI of Denmark 🇩🇰 A Young Royal Story."
https://www.instagram.com/p/BjIKPIan...by=brett_lloyd
https://www.instagram.com/p/BjDIaSLn...by=brett_lloyd
https://www.instagram.com/p/BjFtYVRl...d=dustmagazine
Old 05-23-2018, 02:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by wartenberg7 View Post
Your comparisions of N. with a poodle is not funny anymore. OK, some of us had a good laugh... But this starts to become annoying.
I know, you didn´t mean to compare him with dogs (although these are wonderful creatures, of course), you just meant his hairdo which I understand you do not like. But still...!
I'm too much you think?
Oh yes I am. And no doubt often.

First, I think you take my poodle-remarks too seriously. Especially since I've got nothing against Nikolai. On the contrary in fact. He's a good kid! (In Jutlandic that's big praise!)

Secondly, and this is something I've explained before and which I will no doubt explain again at some point.
If I don't have fun writing these posts, I would soon be out of here. I cannot be serious all the time. It's not my style, and if I were I would start to scream within a few days!
Cracking jokes and make remarks, which inevitably will not always be particularly funny, - probably most of the time are not particularly funny - that's a safety valve for me. A way to maintain an ironic distance to the royals and put them back on solid ground and it helps me to keep an objective view on things.
Because, believe me, a lot of the articles I summarize and translate are coated in a thick layer of sugar and/or nonsense! And it's simply impossible for me to remain serious while reading, let alone writing about it.
Another thing is that banter, fun and sharing a little chuckle among the members IMO is absolutely essential in keeping this a peaceful forum.

So, the odd derogatory remark, which I also use about myself BTW, is my idiosyncrasy, just like most other longtime posters have their idiosyncrasies.
So bear with me from time to time.

- In respect of you opinion, I have edited my previous post to now being serious.
Old 06-03-2018, 04:56 AM
Serene Highness

Not a fan of these photos, or any of his modeling photos so far. He has literally the same facial expression. Very Zoolander. But then he is just starting, soon perhaps a more interesting photographer, say Damon Baker, will bring out more interesting photos. Right now, his expressions appear vacuous.

On another note, I dont mean to be derogatory--I've always thought of him as one of the most good-looking Princes there ever was in the history of royalty--but he is an adult now who has put himself out there by being a model. That means a lot of benefits but also public opinion going his way at the same time. I hope he succeeds, if he wants to make a career out of it.
Old 06-03-2018, 05:53 AM
Nobility

For now he's only doing part-time modeling before entering the army in a few months.
Old 06-03-2018, 05:57 AM
Serene Highness

That’s a relief. 😄 Modeling is all right but deep down I still think people with titles should serve.
Old 06-03-2018, 03:51 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra View Post
For now he's only doing part-time modeling before entering the army in a few months.
The news is welcome. It is unfortunate that aristocrats and royalty participate in modeling/acting.
Old 06-03-2018, 04:50 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

As an extra career I don't have a problem with royals modelling. Charlotte Casiraghi, although not titled and strictly royal, is well known and has a professional modelling career. At the moment Nikolai seems to be taking up modelling because he has an interest in the field or is doing his job just for fun, and as a way to earn extra money whilst living independently at boarding school (I'm sure he gets his fees paid for by royal finances, but extra little things he may choose to pay for himself) since as mentioned above he is due to serve in the army.
I also like these new photos from Dust - Nikolai is very handsome - his future partner will be very lucky!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 06-03-2018, 04:52 PM
Majesty

What kind of magazine is Dust?
Old 06-03-2018, 04:54 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Their website states that Dust is a fashion and art magazine, so I presume that Nikolai is promoting fashion labels when he models (IIRC he last modelled for Burberry).

Old 06-03-2018, 04:58 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elektra View Post
I don’t have anything against Nikolai modeling, but I don’t think he should use his title of Prince of Denmark to break into the business, which he is apparently doing. That is inappropriate IMHO.
Old 06-03-2018, 04:59 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Their website states that Dust is a fashion and art magazine, so I presume that Nikolai is promoting fashion labels when he models (IIRC he last modelled for Burberry).
I was wondering what he was promoting. Do we know which labels he was promoting - especially as it was framed as 'the young royal'.
Old 06-03-2018, 05:00 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mbruno View Post
I don’t have anything against Nikolai modeling, but I don’t think he should use his title of Prince of Denmark to break into the business, which he is apparently doing. That is inappropriate IMHO.
Whilst I also don't have a problem, as stated above, this is one thing that irks me somewhat (I thought using "Prince Nikolai" as an embroidery pattern on his shirt was rather strange). Attempting to get more widely recognised in the modelling world by using his royal title doesn't come across as very professional in royal circles IMO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
I was wondering what he was promoting. Do we know which labels he was promoting - especially as it was framed as 'the young royal'.
Well, I didn't get that message from your question and thought I was trying to be helpful. I didn't know you were asking about labels since you just asked what kind of magazine Dust was without any additional wonders.

Old 06-03-2018, 05:11 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by HereditaryPrincess View Post
Whilst I also don't have a problem, as stated above, this is one thing that irks me somewhat (I thought using "Prince Nikolai" as an embroidery pattern on his shirt was rather strange). Attempting to get more widely recognised in the modelling world by using his royal title doesn't come across as very professional in royal circles IMO.

Well, I didn't get that message from your question and thought I was trying to be helpful. I didn't know you were asking about labels since you just asked what kind of magazine Dust was without any additional wonders.
I wasn't. You kindly answered my question! I probably should have started my reply with 'thanks' before continueing my additional wonders... So, thanks!

At first I was wondering in general why he was in the magazine, whether he was promoting anything at all (a good cause would be more common for a royal but seemed unlikely). Your specification narrowed down my question to what brand he might be promoting
Old 06-03-2018, 07:25 PM
Royal Highness

Frankly I’m surprised Joachim allowed him to model at all, let alone use his title. He seems like such a traditional kind of royal.
Old 06-03-2018, 07:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by moby View Post
That’s a relief. 😄 Modeling is all right but deep down I still think people with titles should serve.
I don't see why. There are other ways to 'serve or give back to your country' without being in the army. I think they should encourage royals, at least those that wont be full time working royals, to pursue careers that help/serve others but not neccesarily the army. Unless they have a real calling/desire. And that goes for females. If the male royals are expected to do some military service, the women should as well.
Old 06-03-2018, 07:55 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
I don't see why. There are other ways to 'serve or give back to your country' without being in the army. I think they should encourage royals, at least those that wont be full time working royals, to pursue careers that help/serve others but not neccesarily the army. Unless they have a real calling/desire. And that goes for females. If the male royals are expected to do some military service, the women should as well.
At the unveiling of their mother's portrait Prince Felix said that he thought he'd like to follow in his big brother's footsteps and join the army after he finished the Danish equivalent of high school. His wording made it clear to me that this choice was of their own volition and not because it was something expected by their family.
That said having grown up in a family with a long tradition of military service would put it's mark on anyone.

Closed Thread

Tags
prince felix, prince henrik, prince joachim's children, prince nikolai, princess athena, princess marie's children