Princes Nikolai, Felix, Henrik & Princess Athena, Part 1: February 2012 - July 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Summary of note in Billed Bladet #46, 2015.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen.

Bette Henrik is now so old that he can go to the cinema alone. Well, almost alone. Okay, without his parents.
He went with Charlotte Sparre who is good friend of the family to see the premiere of a Christmas movie.

He may actually have known several in the cinema, because since this was a premiere, a number of local celebs, along with their children, had been invited as well. And glancing over the names I can tell that several belong to the fringe of J&M's circle of friends.

Last edited:
an short article about the relationship of Nikolai and Felix with their uncle Frederik, not sure how reliable it is :flowers:
Frederik er drengenes reservefar: Trtøster Nikolai og Felix - Herognu

but with some nice pictures of the soccer match they attended two months ago
http://herognu.dk/upload/fixed/643/405/her-og-nu/2015/49/tirsdag/frede2.jpg
http://herognu.dk/Upload/her-og-nu/2015/49/Tirsdag/frede 3.jpg

"Frederik, who is godfather to Nikolai, has always taken an active part in its oldest nephew's life, but now that Felix has not Martin anymore, he has also taken him under his wing.
- They both know that they can call day and night, and the Crown Prince has also made room in his busy schedule to see them much more often than before, says a source.
- The enhanced relationship with Nikolai and Felix is ​​also good for Prince Christian. Christian looks very up to Nikolai, and Nikolai is very caring towards him, it said."

I can vividly imagine Frederik "consoling" them, so to speak, sometimes it's just easier to confide in someone outside the immediate family and it's a well-known fact that Frederik and Nikolai have always had a special relationship. It's also lovely to see the great relationship between Nikolai and Felix and the four Crown Prince children, it looks like especially Christian and Isabella are very fond to spend time with their older cousins.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #08, 2016.
Written by Dorthe Quist.

Which basically about an interview J&M gave to the Spanish magazine Hola and said about their children.

Joachim: "Henrik is extremely kind-hearted, but he can also be stubborn. As for Athena, she has a strong personality. She has three brothers and she just... rules! She's the viking of the family!
We try and raise them as any other children".
However, they also learn that there are times when they have to stand on a balcony with farmor (QMII) and be photographed, because that is also a part of their life and they have to learn to live with that.

Marie: "We never really discussed other names than Henrik (she has said she calls him Henri privately). I've always been fond of the name, even before I met Joachim. And then it made even more sense due to my son's farfar (PH).
As for Athena's name, it's also a name I've always been fond of... the Greek goddess. It's a strong name".

Joachim adds that the name fits their daughter, even when she was a baby.

Last edited:
This year Felix will probably be confirmed right? If so, maybe May?

:previous: Yes probably.
In Copenhagen children tend to be confirmed around age thirteen.
Further away from Copenhagen it's fourteen.

Don't know why. :ermm:

However, many opt for a so-called "nonfirmation". I.e. they are either celebrated with a party and presents like those of the same age who are confirmed in church.
Or as is the case with my children, they get a party in their honor when they turn fifteen. That's the case with my daughter later this year.
It started with her older brother. None of our children are religious, so he preferred to be celebrated when he turned fifteen.
Fifteen is the age of sexual consent in DK - and also the age where you are no longer tried as a child if you break the law, but end up in a criminal court.

A nonfirmation is different from a confirmation in several ways: No religious ceremonies. No long white dresses, which some girls around thirteen-fourteen would rather do without! No posing in front of the altar or outside the church.
But otherwise pretty much the same. A big family-party with speeches (to the embarrassment of the child... :blush: :D), homemade songs praising the child (who is even more embarrassed :blush: :D:D) and truck-loads of presents (that's pretty cool though :cool:).
Followed by a "blue Monday" after the confirmation, where the child along with friends go to town and shop and celebrate and shop even more.

Yeah I know it's hard. But a horrible example for his teenage sons.
Put it out. :ermm:

Nikolai and Felix are at that age were they focus more on their hair. ;)

little henrik is adorable - he is growing up to be such a handsome man. he is a mini joachim too. :)

I don't know why I though he had blue eyes , but not! Hi is so grown up! wow! can't believe it!

I always felt he looked a bit pale and weak - but the new photos are cute. I especially like the one at the window.

Last edited:
Wow hard to believe Henrik is 7. Happy birthday to the little prince. :cool:

Love the photos. All three of Joachim's sons are attractive young men. I love the second photo.

Thanks, this is a part of a series which BB feature this week.

You'll see them when I get around to scan the mag.

Seven-teen, so still a teenager; one is a teenager until 19.
Adulthood is a relative thing; on a day of turning 18 a human being doesn't become mature than a day earlier.
Handsome young man!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom