Prince Nikolai, Prince Felix and Prince Henrik, News 1: July 2009 - February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This year I was pleased to see that Martin was not their, remember last year when Joachim was denied a picture (alone) with his two boys.
Alex looks great with her new hair and clothes.

If that was the case, I too, am glad that Joachim was able to have his own picture with his sons this year. Martin lives with them all the time and can have pictures any day.

Prince Felix had his first day of school:
Prins Felix' første skoledag - Royale - BT.dk

Last week, they all accompanied Nikolai, but today was Felix's day. Joachim, Alexandra and Martin came along. Joachim told the press that "there are only 12 years left of school". Felix told the press that he was very excited to begin school.

Thanks for the article link, sgl!
Without it we would not have known that Prince Joachim
was there as well, because so far the ppe gallery only
contains pics of Felix with his mother and her husband,
but maybe it will be updated soon:

** ppe gallery **

Felix will be such a stunner when he grows up:wub:

Felix is a handsome boy.
I don't know whom he resembles his mother or father.

Felix resembles Alexandra's mother and Joachim, no doubt about it ! Joachim's coloring as a child was very similar.

Here's another article about Prince Felix' first day of school:
Felix: Mandsopdækket - Royalt - SE og HØR
It talks about how this was his first day at the Krebs School, and how he is now with his big brother. He was nervous, but excited about school, and his parents and step-father accompanied him in order to keep him from being scared by the reporters who were waiting for him.

In honor of Prince Nikolai's tenth birthday, a short film about his life will air on 31 August:
Billed-Bladet - Prins Nikolai fylder 10 år og bliver TV-stjerne
The film will be shown on Danish channel DR1, and will be approximately half-an-hour long.

Jyllandsposten also has an article about the young prince's tenth birthday, which is on 28 August:
http://jp.dk/blitz/kongelige/article1794502.ece
This article discusses the life of the prince, and how he has grown up in the public eye since his birth. It also talks about the divorce of his parents, and how Nikolai and his brother spend time with both parents, as well as with their step-parents. Nikolai is the first grandchild of the Queen. He attends the Krebs Skole, where he follows in the tradition of his uncle, Crown Prince Frederik, and his father, both of whom attended the school.

Last edited:
Prince Nikolai celebrates his 10th birthday together with his brother Prince Felix in Copenhagen

PPE Agency
Photos Steen Brogaard

Prince Nikolai celebrates his 10th birthday together with his brother Prince Felix in Copenhagen

PPE Agency
Photos Steen Brogaard

Beautiful pictures of the little boys. Steen is such a great photographer, he does know when to capture the perfect moment, no wonder the family keep using him.

I thought this and this were really nice.

Wow, It's hard to beleive Prince Nikolai's 10 years old! I really like the pictures of the boys, Princes Nikolai and Felix, especially the pic of Nikolai playing the guitar.:flowers:

To bad Prince Henrik isn't included, but indeed lovely pictures.

Josette

I still wonder for who Nikolai is more resemble: Alexandra or Joachim?

:previous: I think he resembles both of his parents. In some of the photos, I see more of a resemblance to his mother, and in others, a resemblance to his father.

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, indeed, he does have many features of both parents. He is growing into a very handsome young man. Eyes are is dad's, so blue. As he gets older and slims down he is beginning to resemble his father more, I think.

Pics 28.8.2009

Here are some great birthday pics:

Prince Nikolai received a birthdaycake for his 10th birthday
at his school, August 28, 2009. His brother, mother and
step-father were present as well:

** ppe gallery **

Prince Nikolai was the center of attention at the circus. He kissed the eight year-old daughter of one of the circus performers when she presented him with a gift for his birthday. The article states in a humourous manner that the prince will become quite the "ladies man".
Ekstra Bladet - Score-prinsen
He attended the circus with his mother and stepfather.

Yes, although he has blue eyes Nikolai takes a lot after his mother and maternal grandfather, while Felix is more like his maternal grandmother and his own father in coloring. They both are slim and I believe will be tall like their father as well.

In so many ways, it is a bit sad that Nikolai didn't have the opportunity to celebrate a big birthday like his 10th with his father and Marie as well as Alexandra and Martin. Couldn't they have been invited to the house for the party?

He celebrated with a big brown cake at home and another big blue cake at school. It seems that his father and stepmother could have taken the trip into Copenhagen to be there. Just a bit sad, I think.

Nikolai is really getting that lanky look, he's sure to be tall. Though some of his features resemble his mother and her father, as he matures, he certainly is beginning to look overall more and more like his father.

Last edited by a moderator:
Over the weekend, Princes Nikolai and Felix held a joint birthday party for their classmates. Nikolai's birthday was last Friday, and Felix' was 22 July. In order to have their classmates at Krebs Skole attend, they waited until the school year started to celebrate both birthdays:
Felix og Nikolais hemmelige fest - MSN Starlounge
The party was held at the film studio where their stepfather, Martin Jorgensen works. They played basketball, watched the film "Monster Hunters", and were treated to a concert by Basim (must be a singer-I'm not sure).

Tonight the Danish TV will show a documentary about little Nikolai, in honour of his 10 years old birthday :)

According to this article, in the documentary, Nikolai talks about how much he loves his stepfather, Martin Jorgenson.
Prins Nikolaj er vild med Martin - Royale - BT.dk
The article states that the documentary will feature discussion about his parents' divorce. The article also has a teaser sentence that says, "Viewers can hear the prince count up who he sees as his immediate family".

And here is an article that talks about what Nikolai says in the video:
http://msndk.starlounge.com/index.cfm?objectid=61591
He says that he has four different parents. He also says that his immediate family consists of his mother, father, stepfather, stepmother, Felix, his uncle, and his "second uncle". Nikolai says that when he grows up, he wants to be a farmer, race car driver, or businessman.

The documentary is fantastic! Prince Nikolai is a great musician, and has his own band. He plays bass. Martin is a very warm and caring stepfather, and it is very nice to see Joachim and Alexandra's relationship. They seem to be very good friends, and they are both wonderful with the children. Thank you for the link, Mitchell!

Last edited:
mitchell and sgl, thank you very much for the video and articles. :flowers:
The documentary was brilliant! Nikolai appears to have very close relationship with his 'four different parents'.
It's brilliant to see how well Joachim, Alexandra, Martin and Marie cope with their joint responsibility of taking care of the boys. :)

Last edited:
He was SO cute, and he is going to be such a handsome guy someday! :)

I have moved all posts on Prince Nicolai's birthday to the
The Danish Royal Family Current Events: Part 5 thread
since it was an event attended by a few members of the royal family.

RHoDenmark Mod team

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom