Prince Nikolai, Prince Felix and Prince Henrik, News 1: July 2009 - February 2012

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Felix was scared by parts of the film "The Wild Swans" which featured costumes and sets that were designed by his grandmother, Queen Margrethe.
TV 2 Vip - Felix skræmt af farmors film

The article says that there were some scary monsters in the film. The young prince put his head on his mother, who gave him a consoling hug.

Nikolai and Felix visit their little brother:
Billed-Bladet - Nikolai og Felix besøger deres lillebror
The article says that even though little Henrik is old enough to go to a day nursery, the idea isn't even under consideration by Joachim and Marie. Nikolai and Felix have visited little Henrik several times, and each time, the brothers play with their baby brother, who always smiles when he sees the two older boys. When asked if the family has a nickname for the baby, Princess Marie said no, "We call him Henrik, but we also call him Henri".

Last edited:
Good to have the three boys become playmates and friends from the earliest years.

Little Henrik certainly is growing and getting more adorable. This is such a delicious stage. Their parents can't be blamed for not even considering putting him into a daycare of some sort. Why should they? They don't have to go to a "job" and have the means to have staff to supplement the care when they do have obligations and events to attend. He's not even 6 months old yet!

Looking back at the days when Marie always had Apple in a travel bag, it's kind of funny to see how Joachim has been relegated to that task. Very modern royals, and charming. They look so at ease with each other. I'm happy for Joachim getting a second chance to have a normal family life.

They are also practical, traveling by commercial airlines, not a private jet. This is a very sensible royal family.

the pictures of henrik and joachim carrying little apple are just great! very adorable family and the lilleprinsen is growing so fast! he looks already as charming as his two older brothers.

Didn't Joaquim and Marie also purchase a condominium or house in Turkey recently?

Turkey seems to be the "hot spot" for the jet set. Prince Joachim proposed to Marie there, it was stated that they bought property there, now Alexandra and Martin go there with Nikolai and Felix, others have been to a super plush hotel located in the vicinity.

There has been a lot of recent news about Turkey's beautiful spots along the coast.

Turkey seems to be the "hot spot" for the jet set. Prince Joachim proposed to Marie there, it was stated that they bought property there, now Alexandra and Martin go there with Nikolai and Felix, others have been to a super plush hotel located in the vicinity.

There has been a lot of recent news about Turkey's beautiful spots along the coast.

I know that Alexandra and Martin have recently bought a vacation home in Turkey, but I haven't heard that Joachim and Marie have bought anything in Turkey. Where did you read this, Rylt11? The home that Alexandra bought was in a development that Denis Knudsen (who has worked as a stylist to both Alexandra and Marie) was part owner/investor.

Is this the Villa Oasic Club in Alanya, Turkey ??

Does Martin actually have an income, I know he works some for his Father's film company, but enough for a Villa ?

I read about the purchase of a posh condominium in Turkey right here on TRF. It was about the time they were just married or on their honeymoon, I believe. I think it was speculated that they might go there on their honeymoon.

If I remember, it was Golden something or other, or had the word gold in the name. Evidently, there is 24 hour babysitting service available, and many other nice amenitites.

Is this the Villa Oasic Club in Alanya, Turkey ??

Does Martin actually have an income, I know he works some for his Father's film company, but enough for a Villa ?

He also seems to do other work as well; I believe he works for media-training company Prime Time Communications as well and helps Helle Thorning-Schmidt, Chairman of the Social Democrats with what works in front of camera, presenting himself credibly and naturally on camera and so on. But the money probably partially comes from Alexandra's own income as well; she has an income herself from her job as a director of Ferring Pharmaceuticals.

Last edited:
Doesn't she also receive an allowance by virtue of being the mother of the two princes? Doesn't Joachim have to pay this? He and the queen bought the house in Copenhagen that Alexandra, Martin and the boys live in. So, basically, this is the holiday, or second, house she could buy with Martin.

What a cute little guy Prince Henrik is. All three boys got good genes!

BB has an article about Prince Henrik's first Christmas:
Billed-Bladet - Sådan bliver lille prins Henriks første jul

The article says that the little prince will not celebrate Christmas with his brothers, Nikolai and Felix, since they will be with their mother, Countess Alexandra. The older boys were with Joachim last year, and apparently, they alternate Christmases with their parents. When asked by reporters where they would celebrate Christmas, Prince Joachim said "probably Marselisborg Castle". They usually celebrate Christmas at the residence in Arhus with the Queen and Prince Henrik, which is a family tradition. The article also said that it the crown prince couple and other close relatives would most likely spend Christmas at Marselisborg.

Last edited:
i thought the whole danish family usually spent xmas together in marsellisborg as a tradition?

They do. The article said that the older boys would spend Christmas with their mother this year. Joachim and Alexandra must have an alternating schedule for Christmas. Last year, Nikolai and Felix spent Christmas with their father. The article said that it has been a tradition for the royal family to spend Christmas at Marselisborg since the Queen and Prince Henrik have been reigning.

Oh then sorry Carlota, my mistake with the blog, I wrote Aarhus by accident. I'll go and correct that now :whistling:

Yes, I too had understood that the boys would spend Christmas with their mother.

On Wednesday 25 November, Prince Henrik will officially be part of the royal succession to the throne, according to this article:
Lille prins Henrik bliver ny arving - Danmark

The article says that on Wednesday, an official ceremony will be conducted in the Foreign Ministry. There was a royal decree issued in 1779 which states that all royal heirs must be enrolled in Dabsprotokollen (no idea what this means, maybe a Danish member can enlighten me) by the foreign minister.

Interesting - so something has to be done to entitle you to succeed the throne? I thought it was automatic at birth. Is Denmark the only country like this?

Princes Nikolai and Felix did not accompany their mother, Countess Alexandra to London, where she recently travelled to attend a concert for the girl's choir that she serves as patron, but that the Countess has made up for this by starting to celebrate Christmas with the young princes. They apparently enjoy eating pancake balls and rice porridge during the month leading up to Christmas. They will decorate their house together, and light the Advent wreath, according to this article.
Billed-Bladet - Sådan holder Nikolai og Felix jul

Nice photos of the family.
The boys have good relationships with their stepdad.

I wonder what pancake balls are? Is this a special Danish dish?

Also, what is rice porridge?

Last edited by a moderator:
Prince Nikolai, Prince Felix, Countess Alexandra and Martin Joergensen at a concert with UNICEF and Alien Beat Club at Copenhagen City Hall
PPE Agency

Well, well, well, I'm surprised to learn that little Henrik has blue eyes after all.

Both Marie's mother and father have brown eyes, so this means that one or the other has a recessive gene which they passed to their daughter and it made the blue eyes possible !

He certainly will be a handsome little fellow.

I thought all babies had blue eyes until a certain age. I agree he is a cutie pie!

It is a common misconception that all Caucasian babies have blue eyes at birth. I am living proof that is not the case. My eyes were such dark brown when I was born they were almost black!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom