Prince Joachim and Princess Marie, Current Events 4: September 2008 - August 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks iceflower. I'll try again maybe this time it work.

this may sound crazy but will apple be jealous of the new baby!

Great video! I don't know Danish, but Marie sounded like a confident speaker to my ears (of course, I don't know Danish, so I have no idea of what she was saying or her fluency level). Are they staying with Marie's mother?

During the video Marie speaks french , english and a little bit danish, I don't know the language but I saw that Joachim was answering a question at her place..
After being engaged and married since +/-one year she should speak fluently..
What is the meaning of the Danes ??

During the video Marie speaks french , english and a little bit danish, I don't know the language but I saw that Joachim was answering a question at her place..
After being engaged and married since +/-one year she should speak fluently..
What is the meaning of the Danes ??

Really? Do you think so?
Everyone talks about crown princess Mary's danish, that after all those years she has been in Denmark, she has some difficulties.

So do you really tinhk strange that princess Marie doesn´t speak fluently the danish language?

Well, I think is normal that she dont understand some words or expresion, and that she ask for the help of her husband.

Noone and I repeat noone (unless you are a translator with the UN) will become fluent in a language in a year.People will vary in their levels of competency but real fluency takes years of dedicated practice.Marie's native tongue is french,a romance based language whereas Danish is a germanic based language and so the entire structure of the language is different.She has made a fantastic start and I have no doubt she will succeed in the end.

Happy for her because in my country it took 39 years for Paola to learn and speak the dutch language...

Happy for her because in my country it took 39 years for Paola to learn and speak the dutch language...

So Marie has still got 38 years to go.......................I can wait for that :flowers:.

Seriously, it isn't possible for her to be fluent in Danish after only one year of living here. On the vidio she said (in Danish) that she understands most both when listening and reading - but still has difficulties in speaking.

Her pronuncation is exellent, which is quit an achivement as Danish is very difficult to learn to pronounce, becauce of the many gutteral sounds.

She speaks with a clear accent but it is clear Danish possible to understand her grammar is not all that perfect but that is dificult with the Danish language.. I have now lived in England for 18 years and still people can hear I am not a native English tongue though I do not have much of an accept and speak the language fluent. I suspect it will be the same with Marie in 5-6 years time

Marie must be an extremely "petite" lady in person. She hardly looks pregnant, even with the bulky jacket and sweater. And pictures always add pounds to you.

:flowers:Paty, iceflower the link work for me today.

Marie understand Danish but not always can speak/answer. Her Danish is not the best but after (only) nine months of lessons it's good to know that she try to speak. Maybe she doesn't have accent now and maybe would never have it but she's a good schoolgirl who learn and speak.
It looks that Nikolai and Felix have some lessons on French.

it's very strange, i can't understand this obsession against people who have accents
Princess Grace has always had a strong American accent, but in France, nobody had criticized her
perhaps the French are more tolerant... ;)

I have loved seeing photos of these two princes during this holiday. They look like they have been having such a fun time, and they seem like such close, loving brothers.

I love this photo:

IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65

Princess Marie's mother seems to be enjoying spending time with Nikolai and Felix. Does anyone know what Prince Joachim was saying in the second photo posted by Paty?

I just love this family. They seem so sweet and naturally happy! Are they still on this holiday, or have they all returned back to Denmark?

Last edited by a moderator:
Is Marie Being Treated More Harshly then Previous Royal Princesses?

I was not a Danish Royal watcher when Countess Alexandra or Crown Princess Mary first joined the family so I'm not best qualified to answer. It just seems to me that Princess Marie has been treated especially harshly by others. From her dealings with the press during her and Prince Joachim's courtship, the engagement press conference & pre-wedding interviews, to her speed in learning Danish & the initial lack of formal solo engagements, it appears to me from browsing older threads that Marie has been treated slightly more harshly then her predecessors. Her choice of outfits in particular has been heavily criticised by other royal watchers. However I wasn't around during Countess Alexandra or Crown Princess Mary's early days so I was wondering if more seasoned royal watchers had any thoughts? :)

there are whole web sites dedicated to making fun of mary, so yes there has been some vicious things about mary, i don't know about alexandra. i think it's been mild toward marie. she did talk too much at first and some of her clothes are hidious JMO but she seems a sweet girl and it's clear joachim adores her. i think it's wonderful how they all seem to get along and the children seem happy, that's really all that's important. danish is a hard language, i would think as long as she is making an effort, the people that count don't care if it's perfect (meaning her family).

I must say that the boys are so adorable, they are very handsome such as their father. :lol:

Princess Marie mother seams to be soo young!

I also think that Marie seams to be a lovely women who loves their stepsons!! And I don't think her clothes are really hidious but they are not so luxurious has Mary's clothes. I think Marie is a simple girl who doesn't need to too mucht luxury in her life! I must be wrong, and if I'am my apologies... but I think we wont get to see Marie in any PRADA logo boots.

Last edited by a moderator:
I don't know if this discussion should be in the Current Events thread.

However, IMO I don't think Marie is getting anymore bad comments than Mary has had (I wasn't around for Alexandra). The only princess that doesn't seem to inspire negative comments is Princess Mathilde of Belgium.
All the current crown princesses seem to have their loyal supporters and those that just seem to dislike everything they do, wear or say. Mary is always criticised about her fashion (even though neighbouring princesses can attend fashion shows, wearing designer clothes and not be commented about:rolleyes:)

As for Princess Marie not wearing designer clothing, it might be good to look through some of Marie's fashion threads to see where her clothing comes from.

And although I stand to be corrected Marie already wears Prada footwear (or a very good imitation).
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...rt-1-june-2007-september-2008-a-13008-14.html
Post #276

They all look like they are having so much fun in the snow.
Just a question, did the Countess (Alexandra) ski ??? What about CP Letizia ??
I know all the others seem to ski.

They all look like they are having so much fun in the snow.
Just a question, did the Countess (Alexandra) ski ??? What about CP Letizia ??
I know all the others seem to ski.

Letizia does ski, we've seen pictures of her doing so.

Josette

I was not a Danish Royal watcher when Countess Alexandra or Crown Princess Mary first joined the family so I'm not best qualified to answer. It just seems to me that Princess Marie has been treated especially harshly by others. From her dealings with the press during her and Prince Joachim's courtship, the engagement press conference & pre-wedding interviews, to her speed in learning Danish & the initial lack of formal solo engagements, it appears to me from browsing older threads that Marie has been treated slightly more harshly then her predecessors. Her choice of outfits in particular has been heavily criticised by other royal watchers. However I wasn't around during Countess Alexandra or Crown Princess Mary's early days so I was wondering if more seasoned royal watchers had any thoughts? :)

I wasn't around when Joachim and Alexandra married but through the years Alexandra worked very hard and really endeared herself to the Danish people - she jumped right into her new role as princess plus she learned Danish very quickly and seemed to speak it like a native. She had been a business executive - she knew how to dress and behave. I think that people thought that Joachim was lazy and never did anything except participate in car races.
When they divorced it was a shock as nobody had sensed that the marriage was troubled. Everyone blamed Joachim as not keeping up with Alexandra and her charity works - there was also a hint of immaturity on his part as Alexandra is ilder and seemed more mature.
There was Alexandra and the two boys and her elderly parents having to forge a new life and there was Joachim being seen gadding about with Marie.
It would be hard for anyone to excell as Alexandra did as Joachim's wife.

It's nice to see Joachim, Marie and his kids all together when they were on their skiing vacation! The boys looks like they were having so much fun in the snow.

wonderful happy photos, these boys are adorable, so natural and sweet...just a joy to see. i couldn't understand much but the love came through loud and clear. thanks so much for the links. i couldn't tell in the video who was speaking but it seemed to be a mixture of danish, french and english, it was delightful.

The boys look adorable playing around in the snow. Looked like they were having a wonderful time. It wouldve been nice to see the Cp couple with them and Christian playing with the boys would be really cute.
Marie looked lovely in her ski outfit. She seems to be really glowing and pregnency suits her well.

Events for Prince Joachim and Princess Marie.

20/02 09 H.K.H. Prins Joachim deltager som protektor for CARE Danmark i seminar hos PA Consulting Group, Hellerup, kl. 08.45.

23/02 09 D.K.H. Prins Joachim og Prinsesse Marie deltager som æresgæster ved Copenhagen Business School Case Competition 2009 i en velkomstmiddag på Carlsberg Museum i Valby kl. 18.30.

25/02 09 D.K.H. Prins Joachim og Prinsesse Marie aflægger virksomhedsbesøg hos LEGO Koncernen i Billund kl. 10.00.

i'm in love with this picture of marie and her lovely dog inside the bag! they look so adorable. it seems that her dog apple is a lifetime companion of marie. that's so nice to see.

appart from that i think it's great to see how marie blended in with the family and the kids are obviously comfortable around her. that's what makes her so nice and approachable to me: i once read (and proves true for this case!) that you can't fool kids or animals; you just have to be genuinely nice for them to like you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom