Prince Joachim and Princess Marie, Current Events 4: September 2008 - August 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
And my response still stands. Her first solo event is not to be... cancelled, postponed what ever you want to call it. It ain't happening.

GT, there's no need to be so hard on the poor girl! We've all been novices at one time or another! It takes time to learn our lessons and move on to the next stage. I'm sure Marie will eventually make it to Morocco. :)

Back in 1980 the Queen visited Morocco and was kept waiting for hours in ninety-degree heat because arrangements hadn't been made properly. I think that's the time she was heard to mutter something about the King of Morocco obviously not having had a Scottish nanny.:D

So borderline chaotic planning of trips doesn't seem to be totally unknown for Moroccan royalty.

Back in 1980 the Queen visited Morocco and was kept waiting for hours in ninety-degree heat because arrangements hadn't been made properly. I think that's the time she was heard to mutter something about the King of Morocco obviously not having had a Scottish nanny.:D

So borderline chaotic planning of trips doesn't seem to be totally unknown for Moroccan royalty.

Thank you for shedding some light on the situation, Elspeth. After reading all of the information regarding this visit, it sounds to me like a big scheduling mix-up with the Moroccan royal family. Hopefully, it will be sorted, and we will get to see Marie (or Joachim and Marie) involved in an international visit to Morocco.

Oh you are so right! The Queen was sitting in the limo sweating bullets until King Hassan could receive her. :ermm:

I don't think that Marie is afraid to do this engagement, she seems to be a nice and intelligent lady, and this visit isn't difficult, lalla meryem is simple and kind, and salma has the same age than her and she isn't a well-known first lady in the world (like rania or carla sarkozy), then no reason to be afraid
for sure, she will do this visit in some weeks

Surprised HM didnt send one to the Royal family of Morocco :whistling:but we must allow for cultural differences I suppose...........:lol:

Princess Marie of Denmark Solo visit to Morocco: 10-11 November 2008 thread has been updated to reflect the rescheduled visit. Please wait until the thread reopens to discuss this event.

Several posts have been moved to the newly created thread
Princess Marie's Lady-in-Waiting, so please confine your opinions on that subject to that thread.

As mentioned earlier, Princess Marie's current events thread will reopen when she starts performing solo events other than the trip to Morocco.

Thanks for your cooperation. :flowers:

Mandy
Danish Forum Moderator

new official photos of marie & joachim

[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

i am not a fan, joachim looks ill despite (imo) quite some airbrushing. marie's got that nose-in-the-air-look, look at me, i'm a princess now! and could have chosen a less revealing neckline. all in all very artificial, they look stiff and like waxfigures, nothing natural or endearing about them.

yes, i really don't like the photos too artificial1 i agree

yes, i really don't like the photos too artificial1 i agree

To be artificial is the nature of photoes.............:rolleyes:

I like the photoes a lot.

Both Princess Marie and Prince Joachim looks exactly what they are: Royal!

To be artificial is the nature of photoes.............:rolleyes:

I like the photoes a lot.

Both Princess Marie and Prince Joachim looks exactly what they are: Royal!

i agree with you Lilla... absolutly ROYAL

I also totally agree with that : princess Marie is royal on this photo. A very nice royal princess!

They look nice. I like her outfit, hair and make-up. Though I do wish they'd smiled a little....

I think that they both look very elegant and lovely, but I would have liked to see at least one photo of them smiling. They both have such lovely smiles.

I agree that the pictures look artificial, but I also agree that that is the nature of many portraits, especially royal ones.
I wish there was a bit more colour, but thats just me.

I agree that the pictures look artificial, but I also agree that that is the nature of many portraits, especially royal ones.
I wish there was a bit more colour, but thats just me.

You are so right Marmi! The photographer probably told them to look serious and regal, and the photos turned out looking artificial. This is probably due to the fact that this isn't easy to do in a photo. Look at any official painting of any royal throughout the centuries. They all have the same type of expression on their faces.

I liked the side photograph of Marie, but in the others they both looked very arrogant. I know these were posed, and regal, but you could of had a kinder expression on the face...

I liked the side photograph of Marie, but in the others they both looked very arrogant. I know these were posed, and regal, but you could of had a kinder expression on the face...

Arrogant?

It is "Still photoes" :flowers: !!!

It is the same idea as the idea in "still painting". Look at the fruits and cheese on this painting by Rembrandt:

http://www.bencarpenter.co.uk/galler...ndtFruit.t.jpg

Both the fruits and cheese looks arrogant as well :lol:......IMO.

Looking arrogant, distant, untuchable or what ever...is the nature of "still photo" or "still painting". If you want something else - look at the photoes published by tabloid magazines.

Please distinquish the stile of the photos from the motives of the photos.
progress.gif

If Royal means looking arrogant and smug, then yes.. they look very Royal. Especially Marie looks sooooo unsympathetic in these pictures. I doubt if they do themselves any favours with pictures like this.

I'I find something odd with this pictures too, her choice of clothing aint my favorite either, that is not a good color for her... again, where is the stylist?.... There is something wrong with the lighting, the back looks too dark, in one of the pictures her expression seems like out of an episode of Dallas, they have monalisa smiles... But all of this, is not their fault, but the photographers... he or she should have come with some thing better, concept wise

in one of the pictures her expression seems like out of an episode of Dallas, they have monalisa smiles...

Very funny, true too. Bad pictures, bit of a "royal" sneer on Marie's face, yet her clothing I find very unroyal--some cleavage showing, juvenile hairstyle.

i actually liked the official pictures - it was about time! i'm sure we will get to see more official ones soon, when the baby is born.

i was also pleased to find out about their visit to russia this month - lots of travelling going on and great start for marie!

Arrogant?

It is "Still photoes" :flowers: !!!

It is the same idea as the idea in "still painting". Look at the fruits and cheese on this painting by Rembrandt:

http://www.bencarpenter.co.uk/galler...ndtFruit.t.jpg

Both the fruits and cheese looks arrogant as well :lol:......IMO.

Looking arrogant, distant, untuchable or what ever...is the nature of "still photo" or "still painting". If you want something else - look at the photoes published by tabloid magazines.

Please distinquish the stile of the photos from the motives of the photos.

progress.gif

ha ha ha ha :lol:

she's really beautiful, i like her outfit, the color is good on her, she's very elegant, and sorry, i don't know how to say in english
"elle a beaucoup de classe" :flowers:

I'm not saying that they are arrogant in real life: in the interviews both of them seem warm, kind, and down-to-earth.

These type of photos always seem to be a bit over the top. The photographer likely tries hard to make them look natural but it doesn't come across that way. The half smile that she is giving in one of the pics does seem a little arrogant. But if it was a full toothy grin than many of us would be saying she looks cheesy and fake. These poor people can't win in the eyes of the public! ;)

Back to my complaints about the pics, not enough color and her blouse under the coat was a little too low in my humble opinion. Not that she is wearing anything that looks inappropriate I'm just not used to seeing cleavage from any other royal other than Madeleine(famous red dress comes to mind).

Pics 12.11.2008

Prince Joachim of Denmark at a hunt in Juelminde, Denmark, November 12, 2008.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom