Prince Joachim and Princess Marie, Current Events 4: September 2008 - August 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Kongehuset - Aktuelt - Nyheder

Pss Marie won´t go to Bruxelles with Prince Joachim. Their son Prince Henrik is sick, so Pss Marie has chosen to stay home with him.

Programændring

Amalienborg, den 23. oktober 2011

H.K.H. Prinsesse Marie deltager ikke som planlagt i indvielsen af Vor Frue Kirke i Bruxelles i dag kl. 12.00 sammen med H.K.H. Prins Joachim. Prinsessen bliver hjemme ved parrets søn Prins Henrik, der er blevet syg. Prins Joachim gennemfører besøget som planlagt.

Thanks, Iceflower.:flowers:

It was the name that confused me. Vor Frue Kirke = The Church of Our Lady = Virgin Mary.
I thought only Catholic churches were named in honor of Virgin Mary.

FasterB, can you educate us? :)
I thought so too, but the Cathedral in Copenhagen where the CPC got married is actually named Vor Frue Kirke, København. And there´s a lot of them out there, so maybe it stems back from before 1536 where the reformation took place in Denmark.

Last edited by a moderator:
I thought so too, but the Cathedral in Copenhagen where the CPC got married is actually named Vor Frue Kirke, København. And there´s a lot of them out there, so maybe it stems back from before 1536 where the reformation took place in Denmark.

I see.
The cathedral before that, which was also called Vor Frue Kirke, burned down in 1807. - So I guess they just kept the name?

I see.
The cathedral before that, which was also called Vor Frue Kirke, burned down in 1807. - So I guess they just kept the name?

Yep, the name stuck! There's an explanation on the website of the cathedral .. google københavnsdomkirke.dk/Hvorfor-Vor-Frue-kirke.
Maria's image is still represented in an icon-like embroidery on the antependium (the cloth on the front of the altar) and on the seal of the cathedral.
The name of Sankt Marie church in Sønderborg also survived the Reformation!

viv

As to Princess Marie's non-attendance at today's event, the pics of it can be found at the
following thread and further discussions about the event itself should be made there as well:

** Prince Joachim Current Events Part 2 **

The name of Sankt Marie church in Sønderborg also survived the Reformation!
And so did the name of Sct. Mariæ Kirke, Helsingør, also :flowers:
Here it´s the genetive form of Maria. Meaning "Marias church" :)

Princess Marie officially switched on the Christmas lights in Møgeltønder today, December
1st and as a special surprise brought cute little Henrik and Prince Joachim with her.

Such cute pics..:)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** jv.dk gallery **

Last edited:
:previous:

I can hardly concentrate on the Christmas decoration when seeing this cute little prince ;)
I've had the great chance to see a 5-minute report on German television about it. Marie tried to
warm Henrik up by telling him that there were a lot of kids he already knew from his kindergarten
and Joachim talked about the event being a good training for the little prince, but Henrik was the
little speechless, wide-eyed star.. :)

Here are some more pics:

** La princesse Marie : Rayonnante avec les deux hommes de sa vie pour lancer Noël **

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #49, 2011.
Hej julemand - Hi Santa.
Written by Ken Richter.

This is I believe the first time bette Henrik was on the job, sort of.

It was actually our Marie who was to turn on the Christmas lights in the main street of Møgeltønder on the 1st. December, but she brought her son Henrik as a helper. Joachim was there too, as a moral support and acting LiW, because at some point he carried Marie's bouquet of flowers.
It was the Citizens Association in Møgeltønder who had arranged the whole show, culminating with turning on the lights.
Wee Henrik was prepared from home as Joachim later explained: "He is perhaps a bit too little to understand it and as such we talked with him about it throughly beforehand. But it was a good start".

Whatever, it seems to have worked, because Henrik took it all in his stride, looking pussled at all the strange people around him (and charming everyone, eh? ;)).
Turning on the lights? No big deal, with the help of mother he pushed the botton - and there was light.
Then he led a procession, walking between his parents, down the main street. Not far, not even on short legs. Where some big children, fourth graders from the local school sang Christmas songs.
Then all started to call for Santa Claus. Who??
Oh, that big bearded guy in red. Santa approached with care in order not to spook Henrik. But sitting on daddy's arm he felt safe and was cool about the whole thing.
Candy was also handed out and that was interesting!

- I do not recall this having happened before, so Marie and Joachim have really become lord and mistress of the manor.
I understand Alexandra was rarely seen in Møgeltønder, while Marie is there very often.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marie has really taken to the Danish culture and way of life, and always has a genuine smile for everyone..........that is a true Princess. Joachim must be so proud of her

okay, I truly cannot believe how cute little Prince Henrik has become. He's a handsome little man, and I find he looks so much like beautiful Princess Marie; Imagine if they have a sweet little girl to match her mother's beauty~

Great for Marie. I hope we get a video of her on stage.

What happened to Joachim's left hand / arm?????

It sounds very painful and uncomfortable, I'm glad he has received the proper treatment for it and hope that none of the children are gonna inherit it.

Poor Joachim, that hand look huge wrapped in bandages. I thought he was carrying something at first. Could someone explain the articles? Google translate does nothing for me.

Isn't this an event Mary has attended? I recall the sash somehow?

Poor Joachim, that hand look huge wrapped in bandages. I thought he was carrying something at first. Could someone explain the articles? Google translate does nothing for me.

Isn't this an event Mary has attended? I recall the sash somehow?

Joachim has been undergoing surgery for a disease, Dupuytrens contracture, which for some reason forms of lumps of the tissue under your skin, and eventually causes your fingers bend into the palm of your hand (wow, this is such a bad description of it but I am tired, so bare with me).

According to the bt.dk article; all of the (adult) members of the royal family have appeared in the revue, and have all received/earned their sash :)

As there is a genetic predisposition in getting Dupuytren's contracture and it's as high as 60-70%, there is a risk that the children will inherit it.

thank you for the information.
I recall prince Henrik having a similar bandage on his arm, years ago. Might Henrik have the same condition? (Im speaking of the prince consort:))

What a lovely event and surprise to see the boys out with their parents at an event like this. Some lovely pictures and everyone looked happy.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #34, 2013.
Written by Ken Richter.

In 1863 an oak rowing boat was found in a bog at Nydam in Southern Jutland. The oakboat turned out to rowing vessel for war and it is 1.700 years old. That boat is now exhibited at Gottorp Schloss in what is now Germany.
Joachim has been patron of that boat for 25 years and for the past eight years a replica has been made and on this day it was going into the water for the very first time.
Joachim brought along his wife and all his boys. The two oldest helped in laying the last hand on the boat before launch.
Now followed a number of speeches which may be a little boring if your are three lively boys, but they endured patiently.

Then time for the christening and the was left in the capable hands of our Marie who recieved a drinking horn with mead and christened the boat Nydam Tveir, tveir being old Danish for (the) second.
And finally the launch. But careful! The boat still has no ballast and as such it was rocking quite a lot, so Joachim had to admonish his two oldest to: "Now stay on the other side", so that the rest of the family could enter the boat safely.

Joachim explained afterwards: "It's amoving moment to see it float in the water. - I have followed the work (on the replica) every single year and the boat was perhaps the conception of Denmark as a seafaring nation".

BB also informs us that Joachim went to a Pink Floyd concert recently. - (Which proves that he has a good taste in music.) - Before he went in he said: "It's very big. I've never seen Pink Floyd before and you cannot let a chance like that pass you by".

Who can ever forget this track?
Pink Floyd-Another Brick In The Wall [HQ] - YouTube

:previous:1700 years old, wow. Love the history some countries have, its great:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom