Prince Joachim and Princess Marie, Current Events 3: May - September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Marie looks beautiful. If she's been feeling poorly, hopefully she will be better soon.

When will an "official" picture of her be put on the website (i.e. wearing her Order of the Elephant)? Don't get me wrong, I think that the picture there now is gorgeous.

Well first it was very very bad for Joaquim to say that Marie was not felling well so she stayed at home in order to travle next day to attend a friend's wedding!!! Of course pleasure comes first that is very unpolite thing to say IMO!!! Second when I though she was starting to dress like a Princess with that blue dress she has dissapointed again with this awful Back and white suit! Also that dress from the wedding is not the best, but I think that is just her way of dressing and her taste in clothes!

But it is possible for someone to feel sick one day and to feel better the next! It doesn't mean she was avoiding her duties and wanted only pleasures! But, did Joaquim say that Marie prefered pleasure?

Scenario: "I don't feel like attending a concert in my own backyard, so I'll just throw this outfit on, hair's a mess - I'll just pin it up - don't even have time for make-up - oh well, no one will notice or care!"
"I don't feel well and can't attend my royal duties" Next Day: "I feel sooooo much better - let's go to the wedding!" (Plus there's family in Geneva to visit with!)
"I don't feel well enough to attend the military parade" BUT "I feel well enough to attend the next event" and on and on and on ......
This "sick" bit is going to start to wear really thin with the DRF --- Marie better get her act together really fast. I don't think that she had a clue as to what she was getting herself into by marrying PJ and becoming a part of the DRF.
If there are any "gray suits" (like at Buckingham Palace) who work for Queen Margarethe, they are going to come down hard on Marie - just like they did with Fergie. Marie needs to shape up and get with the program - fast!

Actually I like the outfits she has worn, very understated but classy.
After the honeymoon, how soon & how many engagements did Mary have?? I just can't remember. Marie has had a busy week (for such a new comer),I truly wish her luck.

Maybe Marie's pregnant already and that's why she's sick one day and not the next! :devil: :lol:

I'm going to agree with samitde. it would easily explain the eratic attendance at events.Now we just have to wait and see!!!!

Actually I like the outfits she has worn, very understated but classy.
After the honeymoon, how soon & how many engagements did Mary have?? I just can't remember. Marie has had a busy week (for such a new comer),I truly wish her luck.

I remember that Mary had a ton of pre-wedding events --- she wore heels, hats - the whole show - and she looked wonderful. She seemed to be under such a microscope BEFORE she married Fred and she seemed to hold up fine.

I guess that to me Joachim and Marie seem so oddly matched. He looks so much older than she is --- always sort of stiff and fuddy-duddy in his manner and dress. Marie looks so much younger than she is and not at all worldly and sophisticated in spite of her beauty. It is said that "opposites attract"

I remember that Mary had a ton of pre-wedding events --- she wore heels, hats - the whole show - and she looked wonderful. She seemed to be under such a microscope BEFORE she married Fred and she seemed to hold up fine.

I guess that to me Joachim and Marie seem so oddly matched. He looks so much older than she is --- always sort of stiff and fuddy-duddy in his manner and dress. Marie looks so much younger than she is and not at all worldly and sophisticated in spite of her beauty. It is said that "opposites attract"

Mary was being groomed before the wedding for her role as Crown Princess. As Marie was not going to be Crown Princess IMO she did not receive the same attention, hence why she is not as put together as Mary was in the beginning. My opinion, of course.

Scenario: "I don't feel like attending a concert in my own backyard, so I'll just throw this outfit on, hair's a mess - I'll just pin it up - don't even have time for make-up - oh well, no one will notice or care!"
"I don't feel well and can't attend my royal duties" Next Day: "I feel sooooo much better - let's go to the wedding!" (Plus there's family in Geneva to visit with!)
"I don't feel well enough to attend the military parade" BUT "I feel well enough to attend the next event" and on and on and on ......
This "sick" bit is going to start to wear really thin with the DRF --- Marie better get her act together really fast. I don't think that she had a clue as to what she was getting herself into by marrying PJ and becoming a part of the DRF.
Given that Marie's appearance at the military tattoo was removed from the calendar over a week before the actual event… and replaced with the trip to Berlin the day after, I doubt that one was done because of immediate illness.

If there are any "gray suits" (like at Buckingham Palace) who work for Queen Margarethe, they are going to come down hard on Marie - just like they did with Fergie. Marie needs to shape up and get with the program - fast!
How many events did she miss thus far?? I only know of one which was not handled very well by PJ but it is possible she was not feeling well that day. Isn't it?

How many events did she miss thus far?? I only know of one which was not handled very well by PJ but it is possible she was not feeling well that day. Isn't it?

She missed the one with the boys choir, when she wasn't feeling well.

Originally she was supposed to have been at the Rosenborg tattoo with PJ, but that was taken off the calendar before she missed the one with the boys' choir.

Looking at the change in calendar when I recorded it, the visit to the Rosenborg tattoo was mentioned on the calendar the 13th of June, but Marie's attendance at the tattoo was removed from the calendar sometime around the 19th (the day before the boys' choir event, while the boys' choir was still on) when the trip to Berlin, and the subsequent events at the Guard anniversary was put on. :flowers:

Is it possible she was detailed somewhere else and she could not return on time in Danemark?? She may have gone to Geneva to see a doctor for example and could not return for the boys' choir. Possible??

I was pleasantly surprised to see them out and about going to official events now. They both look great so far. Her fashion is good, imo. I will say though some pics I have seen of Joachim have not been all that flattering of him. But not everyone is photogenic all the time or even some of the time.

The scenarios and warnings to Marie to get her act together, made me laugh. :lol: Give her a break! She has barely been part of this RF for a month. If anything since it's so early in this marriage my assumption would be that she would be over anxious to do things and not want to miss engagements. Why would anyone want to disappoint so soon.

I agree it's bad form to be missing engagements that quickly after jumping in the pool, but before we hang the girl, let's find out what's going on first. Perhaps there's a simple explanation for all of it.

People do get ill once in a while, and perhaps they decided that giving her back to back events so quickly was too much which might explain why the one event was removed when something was planned for the following day?

Thank you Iceflwer, I saved the photos.

And I've deleted my post after seeing that we've posted the pics at
nearly the same minute, Paty :) The pics are really nice, full
of love and summer fun..

What lovely pictures of this sweet family! They all look very happy together and seem to be having a really good time, that's wonderful. Thanks for the pictures Iceflower and Paty!!!

Thank you Paty for the pictures. They look so happy and the children look like they are having a good time.

Lovely photos. The two little boys will grow up to possibly be the most realistic, tolerant princes. Seems like both parents and step parents love them and raise them in an atmosphere of acceptance of their reality.

I wonder wether Mary & Frederick will join them in France

why do the Danish royals always do these cheesy photo shoots full of PDA? It seems so forced to me.

This seams to be a wonderful place to relax!They look happy and relax, Marie look very nice I think she is a "jeans women", and she looks better casual than with a more formal suit!!!

why do the Danish royals always do these cheesy photo shoots full of PDA? It seems so forced to me.

What is cheesy about them? All Royals will be posing within the month at their summer vacation homes in similar photo shoots.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom