Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra, Current Events 1: September 2003 - Sept. 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i read that the interview was a hit with the viewers. 1.4 million watched it !! how many were watching the wedding of mary and frederik ?

i read that the interview was a hit with the viewers. 1.4 million watched it !! how many were watching the wedding of mary and frederik ?

I think over 2.5 million watched the Crownprincely wedding

This topic is called HRH Princess Alexandra's Birthday, The next celebration in the Royal Family ---- but that is not correct !

Prince Henrik's 70.birthday will be celebrated before Princess Alexandra's 40. birthday on 30.june and she will only have this as a private affair according to herself - you know Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik, Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary will not return from their tour on Greenland until monday 5. july :)

Prince Henrik will be celebrated by a public concert at Tivoli thursday 10.june and a "private" dinner at Fredensborg palace friday 11.june - all members of the danish royal family will of course attend these celebration events.

Ok now I DO want to see the clip! (even if I can't understand it).

Is there a link to it???

Originally posted by anna@May 27th, 2004 - 4:16 am
Princess Alexandra's 40. birthday on 30.june and she will only have this as a private affair according to herself
oh.. how i wish i can celebrate it with her.

I didn't know that Alexandra spoke only English growing up...but even if she hadn't, as she's from Hong Kong, she would speak Cantonese, not Chinese!
last sunday there was a TV show on danish DR 1 about princes Alexandre, due to her upcoming birthday. She only spoke danish to Nikolai and you actually heard her trying to learn a speach in mandarin (chinese) which she doesn't speak. She does speak cantonese however.

Last edited by a moderator:
Is there a link to see that show ?????
Because I'm looking for on DR1 website .. but apparently there's nothing .... and as I don't speak very well danish , that's quite hard to find !!!!!!!!!! :p

you actually heard her trying to learn a speach in mandarin (chinese) which she doesn't speak. She does speak cantonese however.
Wasn't it the other way around? She was training to do a speech in cantonese, while she already knows some mandarin???

Originally posted by kil@May 28th, 2004 - 3:39 pm
Is there a link to see that show ?????
Because I'm looking for on DR1 website .. but apparently there's nothing .... and as I don't speak very well danish , that's quite hard to find !!!!!!!!!!  :p
I just searched the website, and I couldn't find a link for the programme either. I can't blaim it on my danish-skills ;) so I'm afraid, that it's simply not there....

That's what I like about her, she prefers to be low-profile and simple which is nice.

OMG!! She has no wrickles (sp, I can't spell right now, it's 11 at night in NY and I;m feeling a bit tired). To me she younger in thses pictures and reminds me of when she first came to DK.

I don't think Alex and Joachim attended the Spanish wedding. I hope I am right.

Originally posted by Azur@May 30th, 2004 - 6:40 pm
I don't think Alex and Joachim attended the Spanish wedding. I hope I am right.
No, they didn't attend the wedding. Prince Joachim was the regent in Denmark during his mothers absence.

Chatleen  Posted: May 30th, 2004 - 5:47 pm

Prince Joachim was the regent in Denmark during his mothers absence.
Given that Joachim's profession is a poor farmer, I wonder what sort of "danger pay" he gets when he has to act as regent ? :)

Originally posted by King Christian@May 30th, 2004 - 11:48 pm
Chatleen   Posted: May 30th, 2004 - 5:47 pm

Prince Joachim was the regent in Denmark during his mothers absence.
Given that Joachim's profession is a poor farmer, I wonder what sort of "danger pay" he gets when he has to act as regent ? :)
Well, he get his yearly appanage from the state, mayby it includes a "danger pay" ;) :lol: At least he doesn't have to rely solely on his income as a farmer ;)

well most Royals know how to speak several languages...so perhaps they speak both Danish and Cantonese [i say Cantonese rather than Chinese because their mum is from Hong Kong where Cantonese is spoken and not Chinese and being born there i would know ^__^]

Originally posted by Alexandria@Apr 4th, 2004 - 10:44 am
My understanding is that Nikolai and Felix speak English at home as that is the language their parents speak most frequently at home. But I believe that Nikolai goes to a Danish-speaking school.

I think they are too young (especially Felix!) to do interviews! And the only interviews I have seen with Alexandra and/or Joachim done in the presence of their children have been print interviews, so you couldn't hear them speak anyway.
Nikolai talks danish with an accent because he lives in south juttland where he goes in a local kindergarden.
I saw an interview with his mother where you hear him speak. he speaks like a boy that comes from south juttland

Originally posted by Moonlightrhapsody@May 21st, 2004 - 12:09 am
I was looking at the combined monogram for Frederick and Mary, I was wondering if Alexandra and Joachim have one from their wedding? Does anyone have a link to a picture?
take a look at this link. there is many monograms here including alexandras and joachims joined monogram

betina

Nikolai talks danish with an accent because he lives in south juttland where he goes in a local kindergarden.
I saw an interview with his mother where you hear him speak. he speaks like a boy that comes from south juttland
Do you really think so? I didn't notice the accent :blink: :)

take a look at this link. there is many monograms here including alexandras and joachims joined monogram

betina
betina, I think, that you forgot to post the link ;)

Mayby you meant this one:

http://kongehuset.dk/monarkiet/monogrammer/

Thanks so much, everyone! I loved the looks of the monograms, very artistic! :flower:

Originally posted by Moonlightrhapsody@May 31st, 2004 - 5:18 pm
Thanks so much, everyone! I loved the looks of the monograms, very artistic!  :flower:
Your compliments on the monograms should go to HM Queen Margrethe - she's the artist :)

I think Princess Alexandra speaks Cantonese.....I came from HK and I recall seeing Princess Alexandra doing an interview on TV where she speaks Cantonese.... ;)

Originally posted by bigheadshirmp@Jun 1st, 2004 - 5:13 pm
I think Princess Alexandra speaks Cantonese.....I came from HK and I recall seeing Princess Alexandra doing an interview on TV where she speaks Cantonese.... ;)
Same here! I recall seeing her do an interview in cantonese...it was on one of the chinese staions here in Vancouver... it was a HK version of entertainment tonight...during the time of her engagement... so long ago...

The first time she wore this outfit I wasn't particularly fond of it, but now i'm starting to like it.

It'd be awesome if we got to see how she celebrates it, but I guess we should also respect her privacy.

40! Wow! And she still looks pretty young.

I love pink and green together, and it looks gorgeous on her.

The tabloid press also came up for discussion with the Prince describing the constant press attention paid to his marriage as "extremely irritating." He also reiterated much of what Princess Alexandra stated in an interview the previous week. "The research for these articles could fit into the hole of an one kroner coin. The Princess feels that she is unfairly treated."

This is from the article link that nouwrein posted. What did Alex say?

Thanks for posting the links, Alisa!

Colorful Boots Princess Alexandra is wearing?

She is indeed wearing boots. Very fashionable with the flower prints.

Wow, the first one is gorgeous! It looks a lot better than the cover :flower:

Your welcome kate :flower:

Colorful Boots Princess Alexandra is wearing?

I'm not particularly fond of them, or her outfit for a concert B)

please do vote. I think she deserves to be on top. And she actually is right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom