Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra, Current Events 1: September 2003 - Sept. 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally posted by montecarlo@Feb 5th, 2004 - 7:37 pm
Alexandra's almost 40-years-old, right? So why does she insist on dressing like an old lady? I'm beginning to like Mary's style. I'm certain that Mary will outshine Alexandra, in the fashion department, once she becomes the Crown Princess of Denmark.
me too. mary's style is funkier. but just in the fashion dept. i still like alexandra better (based on impressions only of course since i don't have any idea what those two are really like in real life.) :unsure:

Alexandra's almost 40-years-old, right? So why does she insist on dressing like an old lady? I'm beginning to like Mary's style. I'm certain that Mary will outshine Alexandra, in the fashion department, once she becomes the Crown Princess of Denmark.
I don't totally agree with you Montecarlo.

Age should not be a barrier for a person to dress like young people. No matter what age you are in right now, it should not block you from dressing like ladies in their 20's or 30's. And besides, Princess Alexandra looks young for her age. It's true that on June 30 she would be 40 but she has the looks of a lady with the age in 30's or even younger. It also doesn't mean that when you are 40, you are already an old lady.

Besides, both women have various fashion tastes. It now depends on them on what to wear. ;)

I don't think I explained myself correctly, Paulette.

Alexandra does appear quite youthful, in my opinion, however her style seems too old fashioned.

Maybe she is just tired,just does'nt care that much anymore, or she maybe feeling old or something. I don'nt think we should compare Mary's and Alexandra clothing style so much. Alex has been married for 8 years and is a mother of two,older and might feel that she needs to dress a certain way. Where Mary is just about to enter the RF, not a mother, younger and has'nt been working as hard as alex, so she might not feel tired, this gives her a more care-free style. P.s I 'm gald Alexandra seems to be taking a break for a couple of days, she works a lot.

I think that both of the ladies have their own personal style. Mary's hasn't quite developed hers completely as of yet, but her style has changed somewhat from when she first appeared in public as Fred's new girlfriend.

I don't think that Alexandra's style is old fashioned, but more tailored than Mary's. There are times when I look at Alexandra's choice of suits and I can still see the business woman in her that she was when she first came to Denmark. I think that is reflected in her style of dress. She wears conservative suits at times, but she has a way of softening the effect by wearing really great colors and feminine colors. IMO, Alex doesn't dress like an old lady. If I compare her style and choice of attire to that of my great aunts an grandmothers, I would have to say that she doesn't dress anything like an old lady. ;)

If I am to decide on what is to come from Mary in the future based on her choices of fashion over the past year, I would expect her style to perhaps be a bit more edgy than that of Alex's.

I would have to say that at this point that I am pleased with the personal styles of both women, because each seems to represent that of the personalities and backgrounds of each.

Did anyone know that Joachim and Alexandra went to New Orleans for their honeymoon, because Joachim did not want anyone to know who they were.

Did anyone know that Joachim and Alexandra went to New Orleans for their honeymoon, because Joachim did not want anyone to know who they were.

Actually the couple traveled various places (even by car!) in the US for their honeymoon :flower:

Wow, does anyone know what happened to Alexandra's dog Oscar? And doe anyone ahve the transprit of the engagement?

I don't totally agree with you Montecarlo.

Besides, both women have various fashion tastes. It now depends on them on what to wear. ;)
I'm glad they have different tastes in fashion, it makes the fashion-watch much more interesting for me.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alexandra appears to be an amazing human being, but I do agree sometimes in her photos she looks matronly. I guess it is sometimes hard to look age appropriate, not overtly sexy and elegant. Sometimes a bun makes her look older. It is a hard position to be in because there is always someone who will not like what you wear.

How did they meet?

I thinkat a party i Hong kong or at their job because they worked for the some compomany. I know Fred was with Joachim when he met Alexandra.

Prince Joachim gave an interveiw with Billed-Bladet . This is it.

Joachim fortæller hele historien: Mary er en gave til Frederik - 12.02.04

For første gang fortæller prins Joachim om sin storebror, kronprins Frederik.

Aldrig før har prins Joachim talt så åbent, følsomt og ærligt om sit tætte forhold til sin storebror – og om sin store respekt og beundring for kronprinsens forlovede, Mary Donaldson.
I dette enestående interview med BILLED-BLADET fortæller Joachim bl.a. om barndommen, »som tvillingebrødre«. Hvordan de hjalp hinanden – og skændtes med hinanden.
Prins Joachim fortæller også om mødet med Mary Donaldson. Om den store hemmelighed, som han delte med sin storebror.
Om Frederiks fantastiske evner som farbror for Joachims drenge – og om de gode råd, han vil give de kommende forældre, Mary og Frederik.

He talks about Fred, them going up, he and Fred being almost twins, says Mary is a gift to Fred and is independent, his own meeting with her,keeping their realtionships a secret from others,Fred being a good uncle,and gives F&M marriage advice. He says that here that Fred was with him when he met Alex and he was with Fred when he(Fred) met Mary. But can some translate it from word to word. I just got this summary from a website.

Nice pictures!

It's my first time to see those!
I loved the inside look of the palace. It's simple yet looks very elegant.

They also looked very happy in their pictures in HK. Alex looks very sexy.

Alexandra's father looks so bemused in the last picture of the first set (#4), in the car with Alexandra waving to photographers.

Thanks for the pictures, jun5. They are wonderful.

Originally posted by sky@Feb 16th, 2004 - 6:04 pm
Wow, does anyone know what happened to Alexandra's dog Oscar? And doe anyone ahve the transprit of the engagement?
Ther dog Oscar are still alive and are doing very well :grrr: :grrr: :grrr:

Ther dog Oscar are still alive and are doing very well :grrr: :grrr: :grrr: [/quote]
That is good. I 'm sure he was a comfort to her when she arived in Denmark. And he must be a part of Hong Kong for her. :heart:

Last edited by a moderator:
I would just like to ask if have Princess Alexandra tried skiing. I haven't seen a single picture of her skiing together with friends or the royal family.

If ever you have pictures of her skiing, pls. attach it.

Joachim And Alexandra News: Mar. 2004 - Aug. 2004

They resemble princess Alexandra.The first is Flora Chen ,an HongKong actress .she has 1/4 Britian lineage.The third is FuMinXia ,she is a diving kemp of Olympic. I think princess Alexandra and them look a little alike.

Pictures have been removed by administrator.

This may seem like a stuipd question, but how do you pronouce Alexandra. Is it Alex-an-dra or Alex-and-ra. Most people in the states Alex-and-ra.

People who live in Britain or America pronounce Alexandra Ah-leck-san-drah. Since we're discussing the pronunciation of names, I would like to point out that, the British and the Americans would more than likely make the mistake of pronouncing Catharina Amalia Ka-tha-ry-na Ah-mall-yah. In Spanish and Dutch, the name is actually pronounced Ka-ta-ry-na Ah-mah-lee-yah. The name Ingrid Alexandra is pronounced Ing-grid Ah-leck-san-drah in Britain and America. However, in Norway it is pronounced Ing-gree Ah-leck-san-drah.

thank you for the pronounciation guide. I did not realize that in I-A's first name, the "d" wasn't pronounced.

Joachim And Alexandra News and Pictures: Apr. 2004 - Jul. 2004

Which language do you think little Prince Nikolai speak (and Prince Felix too) ???
English ? Danish ? French ????

And is there a link where I can hear his voice ??? ;)

My understanding is that Nikolai and Felix speak English at home as that is the language their parents speak most frequently at home. But I believe that Nikolai goes to a Danish-speaking school.

I think they are too young (especially Felix!) to do interviews! And the only interviews I have seen with Alexandra and/or Joachim done in the presence of their children have been print interviews, so you couldn't hear them speak anyway.

I thought I read something somewhere that they speak English at home? I could be wrong and thinking about someone else, but I swear I remember that.... :unsure:

Yes I recall reading somewhere as well that Alexandra and Jochim speak English at home with their children. Actually many of todays Royal Families who reign over non-english speaking countries speak English at home, (in the days when Royala would generally marry their foriegn cousins it was even mor common, that's why so many Royals speak more then one language). English is still the common language when Royals meet. For example I know for a fact that when Queen Silvia and King Carl Gustaf of Sweden married and had children English was manily spoken at home, as Silvia didn't really study Swedish until after she married the king. The Danish Royals all speak English very well particullarly the Queen and Prince Joachim.

I'm not trying to offend anyone here, but I prefer the British / American way of pronouncing Ingrid. Ing-grid sounds much better than Ing-gree.

Does anyone have a link in which Haakon or Mette-Marit pronounce their daughter's name? For the life of me I just can't wrap my head around dropping the hard 'D' sound in Ingrid.

I think Norwegianne mentioned in a thread that the name Raghnild was pronounced the same way, with a soft 'D' sound rather than the hard 'D' sound I was thinking of when I say that name.

Originally posted by Alexandria@Apr 4th, 2004 - 9:50 pm
Does anyone have a link in which Haakon or Mette-Marit pronounce their daughter's name? For the life of me I just can't wrap my head around dropping the hard 'D' sound in Ingrid.

I think Norwegianne mentioned in a thread that the name Raghnild was pronounced the same way, with a soft 'D' sound rather than the hard 'D' sound I was thinking of when I say that name.
good question! :huh:
maybe it's a 't' sound... it's in al languages nearly the same, as it's (nearly) imposible to pronounce a d in last position....

just to be curious... how are their names (haakon, sonja, mette marit) pronounced in norwegianne? just as english speakers pronounce them? (if someone knows who to translate it in phonetic signs it would be nice! ;) ) thanks!

There's a thread on that subject over in the Norwegian section. This thread is for the Danish Prince Joachim and Princess Alexandra news/pictures/info.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom