Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier, Current Events 2: May 2007 - May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She told to photographers that they will soon have an official occasion to picture her and Prince Joakim.
I don't want to start to speculate... but I really wonder which official occasion this will be...:valentine1:

Maybe it will be another photo shoot with the kids.. or maybe an official engagement.. :whistling:
but hey... no speculations.. I'll shut up and wait what she was talking about. ;)

Did she really say "official occasion"? I think I read "another occasion" before, but I am not sure. But if she said "official" occasion, I agree with Her Majesty... but I don't want to speculate either... ;)

According to a newspaper article I read on another board it said she told a journalist or journalists that there will be many occasions in the future where they will be able to take pictures of her and Joachim.

Stellad

Agree!
Maybe Marie just wanted to remind everybody about her relationship with the Danish prince Joachim.:ROFLMAO:

Of course, this could also be pure coincidence.

I think it´s not clever to reveal or imply anything before Joachim annouces it by himself. She was also the one who told the media at first about her love to Joachim, before Joachim admitted anything. (Fortunately Joachim confirmed their relationship later, otherwise....)

How do we know these pictures weren't handed to her by the press to get her reaction? :cool:

How do we know these pictures weren't handed to her by the press to get her reaction? :cool:

You are right. Nobody knows why she is holding the pictures. There might be a simple and innocent reason.

I hope there is an innocent reason for her holding the picture. I wonder if Marie has heard the expression "loose lips sink ships."

Stellad

Last edited:
I hope there is an innocent reason for her holding the picture.

Or a not so innocent reason. We always seem to asume that whanever the media catches up with Marie, she is doing something unsuitable. Like blabbing, like carrying pics etc.

But what do we actually know of the media and their encounters with Marie? I doubt that whenever Marie sees a journalist, she is doing something stupid.

But maybe she and Joachim are wicked at heart and that's their way to get back at the media. As I see it, at them moment only pics of Marie sell when they are either striking like these with her carrying his pic or when she decides to say something about their relationship or both. But obviously she doesn't do stunts like that all the time. But how can the paps know when they will get something new, something worth to sell? No chance! So they have to be after her all the time and one could construct that as "playing" with them. Which probably amused Joachim to no end! And she never does something the queen might be annoyed by.

So, I have the feeling that Marie and Joachim enjoy their little payback to at least some paps after how Joachim was treated following his divorce.

My personal ideas, of course.

I think the relationship seems to be similar in a way to William and Kate's. The more they speculate, the less likely there is to be an engagement announcement.

I've been keeping this to myself, but I just want to say that something in that video of Marie at the fashion show rubbed me the wrong way. But, I don't want to be too judgemental. If there is an announcement of anything ( a move, an engagement, etc), then we will get ample opportunity to observe her and learn a bit more about her character.

There are lots of rumours circulating today about an impending engagement between Joachim and Marie. It was just mentioned in the radio news as well and speculations are that the engagement will be announced today or tomorrow at a press meeting at Fredensborg.

According to TV2 news online - TV 2 Kongelig - Rygter om kongelig forlovelse - Joachim is attending the state council at Christiansborg - which has further fuelled the rumour.

Hey, Danish news is going quite nuts..Looks like Joachims and Maries engagement will be announced today!!!!
The Queen has arrived at the "Statsråd" shortly followed by Prins Henrik and Prins Joachim which is unusual.....
Even if its only speculation at the moment, our news networks are usually quite spot on about these things...
Lets see...!!!!!!!

TV2 right now reports that some photographers claimed to have spotted Marie in Joachim's car through their tele lenses when he was heading for the state council today. If that is true, this can only mean one thing....

THe engagement is now official - Kongehuset - Aktuelt - Nyheder !!!

Congratulations to the couple!

Last edited by a moderator:
I cannot belive!!!!She is not the right person to be a princess, she doesn't have status quality, she doesn't have qualitys to be a Princess. To me she only wants the money, the Princess status.

I cannot belive!!!!She is not the right person to be a princess, she doesn't have status quality, she doesn't have qualitys to be a Princess. To me she only wants the money, the Princess status.
I don't agree with you. I think she is more prepared than Mary at the beginning. She is less provincial than Mary and as MarY did, she can join a good "status" in a very fast way!

I agree (with topola).
IMO Marie is in several ways better qualified or prepared (or - on the other side - has it much easier) than Mary was (European, cosmopolitan, several languages, rich family with a certain status ...)
I think she looks much more relaxed than Mary did at her engagement.

And if Mary could manage to become such a suitable princess, then why not Marie?

Last edited:

I don't think so. In my oppinion Marie is a very brave woman. Not only is she marrying someone who has two children with an other woman - that woman, Alexandra, has a status i Denmark like an icon.

Compared to Mary she will alwayes be second as Mary is CP and she is "only" P.

Futhermore she is not only going to get one mother in law and one father in law - she is going to have a hole nation in law.

Besides from that I am quit sure that Joachim is able to distingish between someon who loves him and his children and somone who is only after the money. He is rather intelligent and a very responsible father.

Marie is more cosmopolitan than Mary, I agree.
If this background suits her new life settling with Joachim in his rural Schakenborg, we´ll see.

Marie is more cosmopolitan than Mary, I agree.
If this background suits her new life settling with Joachim in his rural Schakenborg, we´ll see.

she totally is more cosmopolitan, but i doubt that because of living in schakenborg she will be confined to schakenborg her whole life after the wedding! i'm sure joachim spends most of his time in copenhaguen and i'm sure they will travel as much as they want after the wedding - either in official or private businesses.

I don't think so. In my oppinion Marie is a very brave woman. Not only is she marrying someone who has two children with an other woman - that woman, Alexandra, has a status i Denmark like an icon.
I think Marie has self-confidence and courage but I wouldn't call her very brave just because she is marrying Joachim.
And IMO Alexandra has no icon status in DK today, she is still popular and respected (especially because she didn't make a spectacle of herself and the royal house despite divorce and second marriage) but no longer that icon, that picture of perfection she was when Mary married into the family.

So again, IMO Marie has a better starting position than Mary.
Of course she will be compared with Mary, but I don't think people will have the same high expectations of Marie since she is not a future queen.

I am not sure that Marie is climbing for the money, but for the Princess' status - evidently. I don't know what all of you saw on the engagement day, but I noticed the clever skilful girl who took an occasion and made the most of the similarity' situation. I don't believe in singular coincidences. Any normal woman dreams to be unique, but, it seems to me, this girl thinks differently. Otherwise she would color her hair, changed style and did not boast her red-haired friend. Now she is increadibly pleased with herself and happy that she is won this game.
As to Joachim, I think he plays his own game too, and these days he is celebrating victory over his big brother Freddy, Mary and his own passions and hidden complexes.
I am afraid that Marie&Joachim are enamoured of themselves, but not in real love with each other. At present time they both live in the "land of mirages"... a peculiar sweet revenge... May be they will be wise and will take all useful of this marriage...may be will leave the new ruines around...the future will say...
One thought came to my mind, that Marie appearance in Joachim' life happened thanks to Mary' existence only. Have you ever imagined what if Freddy married another girl not Mary? Then you would never saw the new Royal Princess - Marie.
Just MHO :flowers:

Last edited:
Ehhhhhhh :confused: - you lost me completely!
Do you make these interesting observations for all newly engaged couples? And their immediate family??

Ehhhhhhh :confused: - you lost me completely!
Do you make these interesting observations for all newly engaged couples? And their immediate family??

Call me a pessimist then, UserDane ;) I admit that probably I am mistaken, but it's just my opinion and it may change with time. And I have the same feelings not for all newly engaged couples. For example, I like the couple, very much like (!), Autumn&PeterPhillips. They pleasantly excite my cuiriousity. I love watching relationships development between Maxima&WA, Matilde&Philippe, Laurentien&Constantin, MM&Haakon. I am quite indifferent to Freddy, but I changed my perception of Mary within last years for the better - I like this girl! What else? It's the place for different opinions and time will show who was right and who wasn't :)

Last edited:
It's the place for different opinions and time will show who was right and who wasn't :)
Certainly!
I just cannot comprehend why Joachim would marry again if he wasn't in love. He was well-established in his 'old' life as it was - without a fiancée - already had children a home and no doubt an interesting life. It doesn't make sense IMO.

So no, I am afraid I do not agree with your statements

Certainly!
I just cannot comprehend why Joachim would marry again if he wasn't in love. He was well-established in his 'old' life as it was - without a fiancée - already had children a home and no doubt an interesting life. It doesn't make sense IMO.

So no, I am afraid I do not agree with your statements

Sometimes when we are infatuated we think that we are greatly in love...

i just found this article... is that joachim and marie's new dog? there's a picture of joachim holding him and it is in the photos next to marie's dog, apple! the new dog is adorable... what a cute thing.

i just found this article... is that joachim and marie's new dog? there's a picture of joachim holding him and it is in the photos next to marie's dog, apple! the new dog is adorable... what a cute thing.
Is it a cocker spaniel? There was a story in Danish media a week or so ago that Joachim and the boys were having a new dog - a cocker spaniel which is a product of the cocker spaniel Oscar which Alexandra brought with her when she moved to Denmark. Apparently Joachim became very fond of that dog; according to the story here semen from Oscar was deep-frozen and saved till they found a suitable mother :) (don't know if it is true or just one of the usual media inventions though!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom