Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier, Current Events 2: May 2007 - May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...ents-september-2002-september-2003-a-491.html Frederik and Mary current events Sept. 2002- Sept. 2003

Ok, I had a ton of free time, so I decided to do some digging. I looked in the first Frederik and Mary Donaldson thread from 2002. BTW, if you look, it's amazing how different TRF's were back then, a little bit more informal, less structure. But anyway, I noticed a ton of similarities between the type of things that Frederik and Mary were doing then, and the extreme talk of engagement, and what Joachim and Marie were doing now. You could basically just switch the names and have about the same articles. They were going to weddings and baptisms, and Mary was accomponying Frederik to different sporting events, etc. That's essentially what Marie is doing a lot of now. And if you look at the pictures, Marie and Mary dressed a lot similarly, less polished. And then, what do you know, a short time later an engagement was announced, then the marriage happened, then Prince Christian happened, then Princess Isabella happened... and I think we'll get a lot of the similar stuff about Joachim and Marie.
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lotte52/drws2/07mkII/MCMaleneBirger.jpg from DRW's, Marie at the fashion show

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2035&d=1042524478 Mary Donaldson, 2002

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=2147&d=1043082261 Frederik and Mary in 2002

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v488/lotte52/Joachim/J07/2122004-fd5c1aa6e1b591f6af80d5d6d75.jpg DRW's, Joachim and Marie in 2007

Billed Bladet is reporting this week that Marie has been shuttling back and forth between Geneva and Copenhagen for the past few weekends. Apparently, they believe this is a significant sign that the young French beauty is indeed being "...trained..." to be the next Princess of Denmark.To read the complete story yourself, please copy and paste the link to your browser: 15-08: Marie i prinsesselære ... Billed-Bladet: Danmarks Royale Ugeblad...

If Marie and Joachim were to marry, hypothetically speaking would she have to quit working? Other Royals I believe have attempted to carry on with their careers.

If Marie and Joachim were to marry, hypothetically speaking would she have to quit working? Other Royals I believe have attempted to carry on with their careers.

Yes, she would.

She would hence forth execute the responsibilities and duties of a Princess of Denmark. Just as Alexandra did and just as Mary does.

Then she'll fit right in with the family! I've seen pics of Joachim smoking and Margrethe is a well known smoker. I think only Mary doesn't smoke.

Yeah, you are quite right! Crown Princess Mary doesn't smoke and I am quite sure also that Crown Prince Frederik and Prince Henrik have quitted smoking now! :flowers:

danish royal watchers also found a link to a video from her & nu of marie attending a fashion show with a friend. i found it quite interesting to see: she seems to be a lively, confident person.

HER&NU :: HOT NEWS

Yes, she does seem quite confident. She also seemed annoyed with the camera man lol.

That's a very interesting video Carlota, thank you for posting it. :flowers:
I agree with you opinion of Marie - lively, confident and cheerful person indeed. And she already has one of the key points for a successful Princess - wonderful smile.

This is the first video of Marie I have seen. She speaks very good English, and seems just like the lively, happy young woman we see in the pictures. She seemed a bit annoyed but answered his questions well. It's nice that she thinks that Joachim is the best driver!:wub:

Yes, she would.

She would hence forth execute the responsibilities and duties of a Princess of Denmark. Just as Alexandra did and just as Mary does.
The circumstances are slightly different though as Joachim runs Schackenborg, which after all is a working "farm" to a certain degree.

The circumstances are slightly different though as Joachim runs Schackenborg, which after all is a working "farm" to a certain degree.

Though running a castle is hardly noted as being a career.

You asked if Marie would continue to work, so that would therefore imply that you refer her current terms of employment and of course, if the two wed, her function shall be to represent the royal family through whatever means deemed appropriate by Her Majesty's court and I believe it should be very much like the role held by her predecessor.

Like Alexandra and Mary, any mainstream employment aspirations once held, would no longer be a possibility.

Last edited:
Exactly, Madame Royale!

A few years ago, I addressed a similar question to HM's then Deputy Private Secretary, and he said among other things that it was "alien to the tradition " for new members of the royal family to continue to work as before.

Here's my question: since Marie would be the 2nd wife, what happens to the patronages that Alexandra held before? Would Marie get them? Or would she get different ones? I'm sure there are plenty of causes that need support.

Also, since Marie works for her step father, maybe it's safe to say she didn't have any grand career goals (NOT to disparage her current work) but maybe not being able to continue her work wouldn't be a big deal.

Here's my question: since Marie would be the 2nd wife, what happens to the patronages that Alexandra held before? Would Marie get them? Or would she get different ones? I'm sure there are plenty of causes that need support...

I doubt she'd get Alexandra's patronages automatically - she would only become patron if she really wanted/was interested in becoming patron of a specific organisation. Marie would probably get different patronages, because as you said, there are plenty of causes that need support, and Marie might have different interests to Alexandra in the way of patronages :)

Also, since Marie works for her step father, maybe it's safe to say she didn't have any grand career goals (NOT to disparage her current work) but maybe not being able to continue her work wouldn't be a big deal.

But maybe she is trained to be her stepfather's heiress and that's why she works in his company? :)

Here's my question: since Marie would be the 2nd wife, what happens to the patronages that Alexandra held before? Would Marie get them? Or would she get different ones? I'm sure there are plenty of causes that need support.
Alexandra kept many of her patronages, even after her second marriage.
Those she did not keep - yes, it might be able Marie gets them. It's up to those organisations, whether they want her and ask her to become patron or not. But first Marie has to become a princess.:)

Last edited:
I was under the impression that Joachim did alot more than simply run the castle and took an active role in the farm management.

The estate was transferred in to Joachim's care in 1993 (I think), so I'm not inclined to acknowledge his contributions as a profession of sorts, merely a man overseeing that his estates development and sustainability is thriving accordingly.

But then again, that has nothing to do with Marie, as it stands. Is a builders wife, husband or partner a builder themselves? No, they are not :)

Last edited:
That's a very interesting video Carlota, thank you for posting it. :flowers:
I agree with you opinion of Marie - lively, confident and cheerful person indeed. And she already has one of the key points for a successful Princess - wonderful smile.

Excuse me but Marie and her friend look like clones of Mary and her Lady in waiting. This is getting spooky. Just like from a science fiction movie. What is going on in Denmark?:eek:

Watching the video she comes across as a friendly person and is beautiful but gosh, Santacruz, you are right in saying that she and her firend are clones of mary. I did a double take when I looked at her friend I thought it was Caroline Heering.

Stellad

I think that Marie and Mary look very, very much alike, and have oddly similar things about their lives, but I think it's just a freakish coincidence.

I find Marie so beautiful :wub:
Especially in the video, she seems very confident.

Excuse me but Marie and her friend look like clones of Mary and her Lady in waiting. This is getting spooky. Just like from a science fiction movie. What is going on in Denmark?:eek:

You know, you're right! And she's Danish too, right?

I think Marie just wants to copy Mary! She attends Malene Briger fashion show, she went with a friend who is clone of Caroline Hearing!!
Why she enter from a back door? She seams very lost inside, waiting for some instrutions to seat down? Why she didn't go through the front door of the fashion show?? I really don't like her face and expression, she looks very arrogant to me!:eek:

I don't mean to be negative...but after watching the video I have to say there's something about her personality I don't like. I can't put my finger on it yet....it's as if we'll see another side of her after the wedding (if there is one). :ermm:

Hopefully I'm wrong, and she is very pretty.

Brunopress/ Marie Cavallier, girlfriend of Prince Joachim of Denmark poses in Geneva, September 17, 2007. She moved to Geneva, Switzerland after her parents divorced. She told to photographers that they will soon have an official occasion to picture her and Prince Joakim. Marie attended school in Switzerland and university in Boston, Massachusetts and then went on to work in IT/computers in New York. She currently works for her stepfather, Christian Grassiot's company, REInvest in Geneva

http://img124.imagevenue.com/view.php?image=25437_marie1_122_1155lo.jpg
http://img106.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=25443_marie2_122_823lo.jpg
http://img143.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=25449_marie3_122_1122lo.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom