Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier, Current Events 2: May 2007 - May 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Sometimes when we are infatuated we think that we are greatly in love...

Love has to start somewhere does it not?

Love is something that grows every minute of every hour of every day when you're with the person you feel most connected to. The person you're attracted to physcially and emotionally.

That person who makes you feel the way no one else can, the one who's voice and touch you treasure most, the one who supports and encourages you. The list goes on and on.

My parents have been married 30 years and my mum says she never stops falling in love with my father with every new day. Each day brings a greater sense of togetherness, understanding and love.

Joachim and Marie are unquestionably falling in love and have the rest of their lives to wake each morning with the knowledge that every day brings with it feelings and emotions that since yesterday have only continued to grow.

Last edited:
Marie is more cosmopolitan than Mary, I agree.
If this background suits her new life settling with Joachim in his rural Schakenborg, we´ll see.

Ridiculous!How do you know?You just speculate as you know neither ladies personally and maybe read the "odd german pulp too much dahling".None of you,with the exception of maybe two at the most,knows both ladies personally,and still you blabber as if you have breakfast,lunch and dinner on a daily basis.Cosmopolitan,think the closest some here come to that is the annual church picnic,if they're lucky....what a laugh.

Sometimes when we are infatuated we think that we are greatly in love...

Come on...........Joachim isn't a teenager. Hi's a grown up man who has been through one marriage, a divorce and he is the father og two children. Besides from that he is a skillfull businessman, running his estate wiht great success.

I am afraid that Marie&Joachim are enamoured of themselves, but not in real love with each other. At present time they both live in the "land of mirages"... a peculiar sweet revenge... May be they will be wise and will take all useful of this marriage...may be will leave the new ruines around...the future will say...
One thought came to my mind, that Marie appearance in Joachim' life happened thanks to Mary' existence only. Have you ever imagined what if Freddy married another girl not Mary? Then you would never saw the new Royal Princess - Marie.
Just MHO :flowers:

I don't understand how somebody could get such ideas when we are talking about a man who has been married for 10 years before, who has managed to get a proper and even amicable parting from his former wife and is still a friend of hers 8and vice versa). Why should such an obviously nice, honest consequent and dutiful man have such ideas? Nobody who had to manage a divorce in such a high position and succeeded in such a recommendable way would play around with marriage again if he did not love his second wife with all his heart.

Nobody would have said anything if he kept Marie as his lover, never introduced her to his parents and never faced probable consequences of his asking permission for a second marriage.

As for Marie: she obvioulsy accepted Joachim before the queen granted her the title and rank of a princess. The way Joachim said in the press conference that it was not his decision to make if Marie would be princess or not (plus the consequences for his own position) showed at least me that he knew exactly what he was getting into and that he was willing to pay the piper. As was Marie.

Plus: I have no doubt that queen Margrete knows exactly why Joachim and Alexandra divorced. And it must have been a reason she could so well understand that she did all she could to make sure that Alexandra did only have to pay the smallest prize possible. Plus she now grants Joachim the same position as he had a right to with his first marriage. She must know what she is doing! And Hendrik has been able to grill the new daughter-in-law in their common mother tongue, thus there was no chance for misunderstandings but for him to hear all the little things only native speakers woulkd be able to hear when it comes to underlying meanings or elusions. Prince Henrik as well as the queen support this marriage. Do you think they are both so stupid to fall for a "brotherly revenge plan" that could lead up to new and enormous problems for the Royal House if this marriage failed as well?

Sorry, that defies my idea of common sense.

I already posted the link to the IPa pictures yesterday, but DRW has some bigger versions on their site today. ;)

4 October 2007. Prince Joachim and fiancee Marie Cavallier watch the changing of the guards with family members at Fredensborg Palace the day after the announcement of their engagement. Prince Henrik, Queen Margrethe, Marie's father Alain Cavallier, her mother Françoise Grassiot, step-father Christian Grassiot and the family dogs were also present.

Pictures:
Danish Royal Watchers: Winston & Apple make their royal debut

:flowers:

I already posted the link to the IPa pictures yesterday, but DRW has some bigger versions on their site today. ;)

4 October 2007. Prince Joachim and fiancee Marie Cavallier watch the changing of the guards with family members at Fredensborg Palace the day after the announcement of their engagement. Prince Henrik, Queen Margrethe, Marie's father Alain Cavallier, her mother Françoise Grassiot, step-father Christian Grassiot and the family dogs were also present.

Pictures:
Danish Royal Watchers: Winston & Apple make their royal debut

:flowers:

It seems queen Margrete is quite happy to have new in-laws from France! :flowers:

Now that they're engaged, if during the time before the wedding, if Joachim went to something royal, like a royal wedding, birthday party, etc., could Marie accompany him? And will she get the Order of the Elephant?

awwww sweet puppy pics, winson is quite dignified and unimpressed by the hoopala :) love how they left PH to deal with all the pups (might need to go in the caption thread) he looks quite snappy i must say, he tickles me for some reason, he always seems to make me smile.
i would assume marie will recieve all the orders coming to her position (from other countries also) i would be disappointed if she didn't.

Well, I am very happy for this couple, as I've said before I can't seem to get enough of this happy news. I love the new pics that have been added to the DRW. Very nice to see! And I agree bbb, Prince Henrik always seems to bring a smile to my face as well.

Now that they're engaged, if during the time before the wedding, if Joachim went to something royal, like a royal wedding, birthday party, etc., could Marie accompany him? And will she get the Order of the Elephant?
Yes, she could (I guess), and yes, she will.
She will be a princess of Denmark and will get everything that comes along with that status.

Aww they look so happy at the changing of the guard I really like her outfit. The dogs are too cute especially Winston but I have to say Apple running down the steps for a closer look put a smile on my face:flowers:

Cool I Have dog named apple if Joachim ever became King and used his first name what numeral would (not changing subjects I Just Love Learning new facts)

Privet!!!!(i.e., hello)

I am not sure that Marie is climbing for the money, but for the Princess' status - evidently. I don't know what all of you saw on the engagement day, but I noticed the clever skilful girl who took an occasion and made the most of the similarity' situation. I don't believe in singular coincidences. Any normal woman dreams to be unique, but, it seems to me, this girl thinks differently. Otherwise she would color her hair, changed style and did not boast her red-haired friend. Now she is increadibly pleased with herself and happy that she is won this game.
As to Joachim, I think he plays his own game too, and these days he is celebrating victory over his big brother Freddy, Mary and his own passions and hidden complexes.
I am afraid that Marie&Joachim are enamoured of themselves, but not in real love with each other. At present time they both live in the "land of mirages"... a peculiar sweet revenge... May be they will be wise and will take all useful of this marriage...may be will leave the new ruines around...the future will say...
One thought came to my mind, that Marie appearance in Joachim' life happened thanks to Mary' existence only. Have you ever imagined what if Freddy married another girl not Mary? Then you would never saw the new Royal Princess - Marie.
I have been pleasantly surprised to find a fellow-countryman in this Forum.:flowers:
I tend to agree with your observations (see the bold segment). If Marie marries for the title and social status, she will make every effort to ensure the stability of her marriage. This means less troubles for the royal parents. :)

Last edited:
I tend to agree with your observations. If Marie marries for the title and social status, she will make every effort to ensure the stability of her marriage. This means less troubles for the royal parents. :)

AquaMarine and Al bina the two of you might live in the country but I certainly don't live at the same planet as you. What is the point for Marie and Joachim in not marrying for love? None!

AquaMarine and Al bina the two of you might live in the country but I certainly don't live at the same planet as you. What is the point for Marie and Joachim in not marrying for love? None!

Alas… we live on the same planet, but in different countries. So it comes as no surprise that our views tend to differ. Prince Joachim married for love once already and divorced this love. Let us hope that the current love will last longer.

Last edited by a moderator:

Somehow I believe members like Al Bina whose home countries have had pretty tough times which are not yet over tend to follow the Royals as symbols of the existance of a better/happier/more priviledged and much more secure life.

it must be hard then to realise that these Royals are only humans as you and me when it comes to their feelings and emotions. A prince like Charles wo couldn't make his marriage work and found a new happiness with his former mistress and now second wife is then a truly appalling person. Viewed from this point, it makes sense that Al Bina for example believes that all annoyances Charles and Camilla have to face by Diana-fans are just the "reaping" of what they themselves have sown and that she hopes the Lord will see to it that Charles never becomes king (I hope I did quote Al Bina correctly, as I did it from memory). Or that prince Joachim obviously can have his cake (a new "princess" Marie) and eat it (in form of a still close cameraderie with his ex-wife).

It's an idea that is I believe rather foreign for those of us who grew up in stable democracy or even in the monarchies whose Royals we discuss here. But I think it's her right to think as she does.

Just as an add-on: i like and follow the Royals because I like the idea that human beings with all their faults can be emotional hurt, experience private pain and/or commit sins and still have the inner strength to be committed to their country and their people. They carry out their duty no matter what and try to show their subjects and others that even though the flesh is weak, there's a spirit (wherever it's coming from, with Royals it's from their familiy's past, with others it comes from other sources) that helps them to uphold ideas that are more important than the everyday egotism.

Last edited:
Somehow I believe members like Al Bina whose home countries have had pretty tough times which are not yet over tend to follow the Royals as symbols of the existance of a better/happier/more priviledged and much more secure life.

it must be hard then to realise that these Royals are only humans as you and me when it comes to their feelings and emotions. A prince like Charles wo couldn't make his marriage work and found a new happiness with his former mistress and now second wife is then a truly appalling person. Viewed from this point, it makes sense that Al Bina for example believes that all annoyances Charles and Camilla have to face by Diana-fans are just the "reaping" of what they themselves have sown and that she hopes the Lord will see to it that Charles never becomes king (I hope I did quote Al Bina correctly, as I did it from memory). Or that prince Joachim obviously can have his cake (a new "princess" Marie) and eat it (in form of a still close cameraderie with his ex-wife).

It's an idea that is I believe rather foreign for those of us who grew up in stable democracy or even in the monarchies whose Royals we discuss here. But I think it's her right to think as she does.

Just as an add-on: i like and follow the Royals because I like the idea that human beings with all their faults can be emotional hurt, experience private pain and/or commit sins and still have the inner strength to be committed to their country and their people. They carry out their duty no matter what and try to show their subjects and others that even though the flesh is weak, there's a spirit (wherever it's coming from, with Royals it's from their familiy's past, with others it comes from other sources) that helps them to uphold ideas that are more important than the everyday egotism.
It has been kind of you to comment on my post. In regard to Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall, I do believe that they just reap the consequences of their mistakes. However, I did state that Prince Charles will become the next King of the United Kingdom, even if it involves walking over dead bodies of subjects he represents. At the same time, it is inappropriate to mix Prince Charles with Prince Joachim. If any of my views do not conform to the rules of this Forum, they will be deleted or edited by moderators.
As for Prince Joachim and Marie, members from stable European democratic societies have got their opinion on the matter, whereas members from countries with "a rather "Ancien Régime" kind of lifestyle" (Jo of Palatine, 2007) are entitled to have their own.:flowers:

Last edited:
So it comes as no surprise that our views tend to differ. Prince Joachim married for love once already and divorced this love. Let us hope that the current love will last longer.

And different views makes the world a very enteresting place to live - and it is interesting to hear the views of people living in Kazakhstan as well. As for Joachim and Marie I to hope their love will last:flowers:

And different views makes the world a very enteresting place to live - and it is interesting to hear the views of people living in Kazakhstan as well. As for Joachim and Marie I to hope their love will last:flowers:
It has been most kind of you to understand and accept my point of view. :flowers:

Alexandra: "Of course you want that your children will have a good stepmother, and one can say that she is that. I have seen her interact iwth my boys."

03-10: Alexandra: Marie en er god stedmor

i'm really glad alexandra is behaving like the lady she is. both alex and marie have been extremely polite and kind to each other and that's great to see. alexandra's response is quite a good one and so was marie's during the conference.

I am not sure that Marie is climbing for the money, but for the Princess' status - evidently. I don't know what all of you saw on the engagement day, but I noticed the clever skilful girl who took an occasion and made the most of the similarity' situation. I don't believe in singular coincidences. Any normal woman dreams to be unique, but, it seems to me, this girl thinks differently. Otherwise she would color her hair, changed style and did not boast her red-haired friend. Now she is increadibly pleased with herself and happy that she is won this game.
As to Joachim, I think he plays his own game too, and these days he is celebrating victory over his big brother Freddy, Mary and his own passions and hidden complexes.

i'm astonished by how much you were able to deduce from some photos we saw of marie to read so many things "within lines".

mind you, as other poster said, marie was still joachim's girlfriend even though she didn't know what her position might be if she would be allowed to married and if she did, what her status would be. it's not like you marry a prince, you are a princess. joachim's position as divorcee was a bit confusing and i'm sure marie didn't expect to become princess if they did marry, if and only if the queen gave her consent. this didn't stop her from dating joachim, though.

what kind of uniqueness are you talking about? are you seriously implying that marie is imitating mary just because of his physical and name resemblance? :rolleyes: do you mean that joachim married marie to revenge against frederik and if he married someone else, joachim would have chosen a person similar to her? are you seriously saying marie should change her hair colour to not look like mary? it seems ridiculous to me. poor girl, i doubt a thousand princess titles would be a good reward for such speculations.

The Prince and Marie, look very happy. I found it really funny that both brothers have similar taste when it comes to girls, features and zodiacs. Both Princess Mary and Marie are Aquarius and the Prince's of Denmark are Geminis. I just that was funny.:)

The Prince and Marie, look very happy. I found it really funny that both brothers have similar taste when it comes to girls, features and zodiacs. Both Princess Mary and Marie are Aquarius and the Prince's of Denmark are Geminis. I just that was funny.:)

If you look at Charles and Camilla, you'll see that their birthdays are within the 120-days range as well which is the "big friendship and inner understanding"-aspect of the zodiac..... :flowers:

If you look at Charles and Camilla, you'll see that their birthdays are within the 120-days range as well which is the "big friendship and inner understanding"-aspect of the zodiac..... :flowers:
It is to be regretted that stable democratic European monarchies do not take into considerations the finest science of astrology as the latter would have helped to aviod so many unfavourable developments.

Coincidence???

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm curious too.
What do you mean prettyoix by "Coincidence"?

One thing I like Marie, she like dogs and a person who likes animals is a good person! More I cannot tell about her, lets wait and see, one thing I'am sure she will change a lot, she will change her way of dressing, her way of beeing in public

Who says that J has any money? Denmark is a tiny country--how much could they have amassed over the years?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom