Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier, Current Events 1: September 2005 - May 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes she has talked again! I agree with yoy a simple "no comment" will be the best thing to do!

If she had said "no comment" it is likely that people would have assumed the opposite to what she stated and maybe more gossip and rumours would be going around about the relationship.

Yes, but at least she wouldn't have blabbed again. Does she really think that she'll be welcomed into the royal family if she runs her mouth at every opportunity? Think of all the royal ladies of this generation- they never spoke. Mary really didn't talk to the media much at all before her engagement, I don't think. And nobody even knew about Letizia!!!!!
If Marie married him, she'd be a liability, not an asset like Alexandra was. I'd be expecting a Maria Theresa-like outburst from Marie! (remember the interview about JC and the "dirty cuban?") I can just hear Marie airing her dirty laundry like that.

Sorry, but I'm just not a Marie Cavaller fan. I have a rather high opinion of Joachim, and I just think he could do better.

Oh no! Not that Princess Mary look-alike again! It's just too weird! Please Joachim can't you find somebody else?

I honestly don't know what to think about these two as a couple...
And can you imagine having two Mary's in your family? I mean, both daughters-in-law will be Marys! Granted they are pronounced differently as one is in French...but still...
Just imagine when (and if this ever happens) they get announced for gala events (if they get announced) "Crown Prince Frederick and Crown Princess Mary.....Prince Joachim and Princess Marie...."

Does anyone think these two will ever end up married with each other?

I don't know, RachelD.

Marriage seems too far fetched at the moment for the Prince. Personally speaking I believe it won't happen and if it does another royal wedding will not take place for some time.

I agree with you Glittering Tiaras...I don't think Joachim is thinking about marriage in the near future. It's his life, he gets to decide.

LadyK said:
. Mary really didn't talk to the media much at all before her engagement, I don't think.

I don't think Mary gave anything away, actually :) She was perfectly discreet throughout.

Last edited:
Well, wether he marries her or not, one things for sure: It'll be entertaining.....

I just read this story on a danish news website (tv2.dk):
Apparently Marie Cavallier wanted to avoid all the reporters calling her office so she pretended to be her own secretary:"No, sorry, Marie is not here at the moment but can I take a message?"
But the reporter felt sure he recognised her voice and asked:
"Iam sorry, but isnt it Marie on the other end of the line?"
To which she answered:
"No, it isnt me. I just said that she's not here."

Iam not even going to comment this.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow, what a slip...is this true??

Ctejnoe said:
Apparently Marie Cavallier wanted to avoid all the reporters calling her office so she pretended to be her own secretary:"No, sorry, Marie is not here at the moment but can I take a message?"
To which she answered:

Oh, dear...He used to date such smart women. What happend?

well, first of all we don't know if it is true, secondly it is obvious that she tries to avoid the press. yes this was the cleverest way to do so but what would you say if she had answered the questions?
the answer " no comment" isn't enough for the press.

Interesting news :rolleyes:

just a question: how old is Marie? She looks so much younger then Joachim.

Her_Majesty said:
Interesting news :rolleyes:

just a question: how old is Marie? She looks so much younger then Joachim.

They mentioned 30 in the paper.

The Danish tabloid B.T. has talked to Ms. Cavallier’s father, Mr. Alain Cavallier, who told the reporter, “I think they love each other, and that is what life is all about. But when you love a woman, seeing each other twice a month is not at all enough”. When being congratulated on having HRH Prince Joachim as a future son-in-law by marriage, Mr. Cavallier responded, “time will tell” and stressed that his first impression of the Danish prince is very good.

Apparently, talkativeness runs in the family ;)

Cheers,
Lasse

(Source: Online article at BT.dk/royalt)

I really think, and this is strictly my own opinion, that the Cavalliers need to keep mum about this topic. Period. Reason being because anything they say will and is used to create intrigue. Then, this intrigue that the tabloids create, make the family not look good. Just my opinion on this matter...

Last edited:
I have mixed feelings towards Marie.
On one hand I have the intuitive feeling that she and Joachim would make a lovely couple,
she seems to match with him so much better than Alexandra.
And I like her warm eyes and smile.

But on the other hand I must say she doesn't seem to be very intelligent.
And I really dislike the fact that she obviously isn't able to keep her mouth shut.

Anyway I hope this time Joachim will follow in his brother's footsteps and
will wait for a couple of years and perhaps even live with Marie before he proposes to her.
I don't think he can afford another divorce.

ricarda said:
I have mixed feelings towards Marie.
On one hand I have the intuitive feeling that she and Joachim would make a lovely couple, she seems to match with him so much better than Alexandra.
And I like her warm eyes and smile.

I don't think he can afford another divorce.

Hello Ricarda, I don't know much about Joachim & Alexandra so I'm just wondering how Maria matches Joachim better than Alexandra?
Appreciate your insight.
And I concur he can't afford another divorce.

Well, I said it's an intuitive feeling.
So there is actually not much of an insight.
You see a couple and you feel: yes or you feel: no.

In my eyes Joachim and Alexandra never were a matching couple
and I always wondered why people saw them as a dream couple.
This was just an intuitive feeling but since they are divorced now
I think it's safe to say that I was not completely wrong.

When I see Joachim and Marie I feel: yes, perhaps.
But I really wished she would keep her mouth shut.

Last edited:
Ctejnoe said:
To which she answered:

Haha that is gold. Sounds like something Jessica Simpson would say.
Well at least she's trying to be a bit more discreet. Who knows, maybe she is the right woman for Joachim. I wish them the best.

I'm surprised that Joachim and Marie are back together. Joachim must be really attracted to her. She seems sweet girl but not too discreet. :rolleyes:
And she is talkative again. It means she did't learn her first lesson with the media.
IMO it's not good Joachim's decision to be with her again. She seems very shallow. Marie's father is also very talkative. It must be something in the family.:lol:

Last edited:
Somehow I pity the girl. I don't think the Danish government is to pay for another wife of Joachim's and he obviously can't afford to pay for yet another wife in case of a divorce. So divorce is no option IMHO and thus marriage is not - or only after a long, long time together.

I do hope that the DRF didn't check their pre-nup traditions with a view on a new marriage of Joachim's and found that they should do something about Frederick's and Mary's first. There was this quote by a Danish lawyer who said that the pre-nup of F&M was legally not okay and had to be reviewed for that reason. Am I the only one who sees a coincidence with the reemerging of Marie and that surprising review of pre-nups?

No, you are not the only one.

I also think that it's no coincidence that Marie turned up again right now.
In one week Joachim is called an "embarrassing playboy" by Ekstrabladet.
And in the next Marie is out with Joachim in Copenhagen.
They must have known that they might be photographed.
Perhaps this is Joachim's way to proof EB wrong and to show
that he is not a playboy but still has a serious relationship with one girl.

I don't think Marie's re-appearance has anything to do with CP Mary's pre-nup review. We even are not sure if there is any pre-nup review, BTW.:rolleyes:
Marie and Joachim are simply together again. Joachim is really smitten by her.
I wonder for how long this time. I think Joachim will be not in a hurry to next marriage now.

I just caught myself up on this news. They're back together? Ick. Marie can't seem to keep her thoughts to herself. She always seems to talk to the media. I don't think that's *quite* princess material...

While I agree that Marie should not talk to the media...I am not sure I agree that she is not "princess material."

You would think in the year of 2007 (since 2006 is pretty much over) she would have learned from previous "non royal" girlfriends (Kate, Maxima, Alexandra, Mary, a couple of Felipe's old girlfriends and heck...Koo Stark!) not to say anything...the same thing goes with her father. But her lack of media "finesse" if anything tells me that the relationship is not that serious...she should have been coached by Joachim to just smile politely and say nothing. Also, it is a tad unfair that we (and by that I mean the royal watchers) expect these girls to just pop up and know how to behave, talk and dress like a princess. They are entering a new world of class, traditions, money, expected behavior, etc. Unless you are a part of the nobility (calling Mathilde) you don't just know what to do. It takes time, a good mentor, some media training, and a nice clothing budget.

Well, I agree that it takes work to become a princess. I just think her personality might not be princess 'material', not that she doesn't already behave like a princess. Clearly, no one who isn't brought up in that world knows how to behave like a princess. But what the current crown princesses and princesses of Europe seem to have in common is a similar kind of personality in terms of discreteness, intelligence, respectability, etc., that I'm not sure Marie has. I won't say that she doesn't have those qualities, but she sure hasn't shown them quite yet.

In my insomnia last night I cought a program with Bodil Cath, a famous royal reporter who originaly broke the story, and she said that she call her and spoke with her for 15 minutes...

It seamed she couldnt really make her mind up about her. At one point she said she was a bit reluctent to talk to her and said no comments, she also did not hang up the phone and continued to talk to her and try and explain things... Apparently she seamed very trusting and and was also interested in knowing what the media said, and why they were so interested...:rolleyes:

She sounds pretty naive. I hope she doesn't trust the media too much...it will burn her in the end. Why doesn't Joachim have someone talk to her!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom