Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier, Current Events 1: September 2005 - May 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Who can blame her. . . Who in their sane, ever-loving mind would want to be a farmer's wife? Why, really!

MC never indicated she had a problem with his farming. I remember her it's a big castle for one man comment so I don't think the fact that the castle was in the middle of a farm was a problem. I think the fact that she wouldn't stop talking to the press was an issue. The Danish fiancees don't do that and MC should have been told to keep quiet when the relationship began, not after she'd already blabbed. It's impossible to know who ended it, but it's unlikely the first post-divorce relationship ends in a permanent commitment. I thought she was pretty enough, bubbly and fun, but I also thought she needed to keep her mouth shut. Oh well. Live and learn.

Well, let's hope she learned her lesson.

Should we hope for a reconciliation between Joachim and Marie?

You know, there are couples who have on-again, off-again relationships. i.e., Kid Rock and Pamela Anderson; it's been reported they were married on Saturday; they had previously split up in 2003.

Jo of Palatine said:
So far she seems to be quite okay while he looked not overly happywhen leaving Geneva to fly home to Denmark...
If this is the case, I sincerely hope he's not devastated and can get on with his life.

Last edited by a moderator:
I think speaking to the press was a big mistake and posing for pictures was
rather silly. But I think she was alittle naive that's all. She seems like a nice
young woman, and she is well educated, speaks afew languages, and works
in Finance in her step dads firm.
Discretion is the key to maintaining a royal relationship and Marie jumped
the gun so to speak. Who knows, maybe she had enough of waiting for him
to ask her to move to Denmark? The possibility exists that she may have
called it off, as another poster stated, but in the end I guess we will never
know.

Have to say that him dating his sister-in-law's look a like was starting to creep me out a little. She just looked way to much like Mary for comfort. You have to wonder what Mary thought about all this and them looking so much like each other?!?!?

If it's somehow true (personally I don't think so) that mean that he is very fast and doesn't thought serious about Marie :eek:

Btw. can anyone translate it?

Yes, he can't really move that fast from one girlfriend to another.

Why not? There hadn't been any rumours about Marie for months, and when he went to Chateau de Cayx in France, she didn't attend. Perhaps that was a sign that the relationship was already in its final stages.

HenrikaB said:
Oh well, I guess Joachim wasn't too heartbroken about Marie. He now appears to be dating a 22-year-old tennis coach.
http://ekstrabladet.dk/underholdning...icle215399.ece
http://www.seher.no/cm/SeHer/Kongeli...gehus/1.123709
[/quote]

In tonight’s edition of TV2’s “Go’ aften Danmark” (i.e. ‘Good Evening Denmark’), 22-year-old Marie Grønhøj, a Copenhagen law student with whom HRH Prince Joachim is allegedly somewhat involved, sat, very shocked, and denied to have had anything to do with His Royal Highness. She assured the interviewer that she had never even met Prince Joachim and had not been to France for two years (Ekstra Bladet claimed that the two started dating this summer in France where Ms. Grønhøj is said to have coached the royal backhand). The fuss had started when a reporter from Se & Hør had called Ms. Grønhøj, apparently to get some information regarding her lessons when he suddenly said that he had heard she had coached Prince Joachim. The young lady replied with a “no comments” – obviously, she does not make any statements regarding her trainees, amongst whom quite a few, unnamed Danish celebrities can be found. So apparently, and not surprisingly, this story does not own an ounce of truth!

/Lasse Pedersen

Last edited:
Kelly said:
Yes, he can't really move that fast from one girlfriend to another.
Why not? I've known men that have multiple girlfriends - not that I approve, mind you. So what's the big deal about switching girlfriends?

Oh well, if he's not really dating her. . . too bad, it seemed like such promising entertainment!

Again... just a reminder that this thread is about Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier... Please let's get back on topic unless you prefer that we close this thread... Final warning!

Thanks for your co-operation.

Mandy
Danish Forum Moderator

maybe marie was just fling to help him get back in relationship mode and now he has his fun time to move on

I think that Joachim and Marie split because that unfortunate interview she gave to a tabloid. But if it were a serious relationship for Joachim he would not leave Marie just because of that episode.

Have to agree. Her candid interviews to the tabloids sounded the death knell for their relationship.

i was under the impression they gave one joint interview.

that seemed rather sensible to me imho. he's divorced, he's a father. why not just be open about it? its a very different situation than when he was dating alexandra or when Frederick was dating mary.

pollyemma said:
i was under the impression they gave one joint interview.

I wasn't aware of this. To which news outlet did they give the interview?

I think she gave one interview then Joachim gave another, but the way the articles put it made it seem like they gave one single joint interview. From what I heard, she gave "the" interview while Joachim was overseas and the journalists then rushed for a confirmation/denial from the Royal House and Prince Joachim.

Thanks for the clarification. I was pretty certain that they had not given a joint interview, but wanted to ensure that I was not mistaken.

Last edited:
Roxsteve said:
I don't think that being "black" is something to be afraid of talking about. She can be black or white, I don't see the problem in discussing her race.

I agree...it's a part of life and of dating. It did appear she was black to me as well. And, I don't feel that there is any shame in discussing that. It is relevent and not a pointless question or comment. Unless, it is for control of one's thoughts and feelings.:)

Larzen said:
Its legit
Name: Marie Cavallier
Place of Birth: Paris
She has known Joachim for two years

Could she have been partly a reason for his divorce from Princess Alexandra? Don't know much about this couple.

Since Joachim and Alexandra never volunteered the reason(s) for their divorce, let's not speculate as to what caused it as we might reach the wrong conclusion. Please remember that gossip, conjecture and speculation are against the TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines. Please let's stay on topic.

Thanks for your co-operation,

Mandy
Danish Forum Moderator

Marie and Joachim end

Marie is 30 years old. I think she wants to get married and have children. Joachim is divorced and he has 2 children. Maybe he isn't ready to marry again. I think it's for that they broke.

Tomorrow’s edition of the Danish tabloid reports that HRH Prince Joachim and Ms. Marie Cavallier are a couple again. This online article (in Danish) promises photos of the alleged couple in the night life of Copenhagen in tomorrow’s edition.

Bear in mind, however, that this was the tabloid which announced that Crown Princess Mary was pregnant when in fact, Her Royal Highness was “expecting” a gallstone.

/Lasse

Interesting.

Madeleine Glindorf, a talented royal photographer who accompanied (unofficially) F&M&C to Australia, said (on another board) that Prince Joachim and Marie were indeed seen together. She said:
"A journalist spotted them in a café in Copenhagen on Friday - kissing and hugging. A photographer made it in time, and got photos of them leaving together.. The journalist asked Joachim if he and Marie were back together - and he answered: "Yes, as you can see.."

I believe the couple never broke up in the first place and that it was a decoy for things to settle down after Marie spilled the beans, so to speak, to the press.

If it is officially confirmed by Prince Joachim in the near future, I pray that Ms. Cavallier will keep their relationship quiet.

GlitteringTiaras said:
Interesting.

Madeleine Glindorf, a talented royal photographer who accompanied (unofficially) F&M&C to Australia, said (on another board) that Prince Joachim and Marie were indeed seen together. She said:
"A journalist spotted them in a café in Copenhagen on Friday - kissing and hugging. A photographer made it in time, and got photos of them leaving together.. The journalist asked Joachim if he and Marie were back together - and he answered: "Yes, as you can see.."

I believe the couple never broke up in the first place and that it was a decoy for things to settle down after Marie spilled the beans, so to speak, to the press.

If it is officially confirmed by Prince Joachim in the near future, I pray that Ms. Cavallier will keep their relationship quiet.

That is indeed interesting! I completely agree with you. Let us hope that Ms. Cavallier has learned from her unseemly candid towards the press - and that the press will leave the couple in peace!

/Lasse

Wow! Talk about an about face. Well...as long as both parties (Joachim and Marie) are happy. And I totally agree....hopefully she has learned to keep the media at arms length.

Lasse Pedersen said:
Tomorrow’s edition of the Danish tabloid reports that HRH Prince Joachim and Ms. Marie Cavallier are a couple again. This online article

Well, I don't know about the rest of the article, but that picture on the front cover has been photoshopped. If you look at where their faces overlap, you can realize that there is no possible way Joachim could hold his head like that so they wouldn't touch, and also, if you look at the edges, they are just too sharp to be natural.

Of course they are photoshopped, that goes without question. Let us wait and see what till tomorrow.

Zonk said:
hopefully she has learned to keep the media at arms length.

About that, the Danish tabloid news paper B.T. has talked to Ms. Cavallier on the phone. Ms. Cavallier told the journalist who called her: “Yes, we are back together”. And when confronted with Se & Hørs rumours that an engagement is on the way and that she had already met with HM The Queen, Ms. Cavallier responded: “Aahh! That is not correct. I have no comments! Why do people always want everybody to get married so quickly? That’s crazy, just because you know each other” (my translation). Moreover, Ms. Cavallier told the journalist that she would celebrate the holidays in Genève.

(Source: B.T.: Online article (in Danish))

/Lasse

...And she's off again. (the above mentioned article from BT)
Why cant that woman just say "Yes" Or "no comment"? :bang:
I have nothing against her, i dont know anything about her, but goodness!!! She just loves talking doesnt she?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom