Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier, Current Events 1: September 2005 - May 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not surprised thats over! She definitely talked too much! As long as they both harbour no ill feelings and can be friends.

Whew! Glad to hear it's over! I guess deep down, I am still hoping for a reconciliation with Princess Alexandra...

Lynn...you were hoping for a reconcilation with Princess Alexandra? I would have never known it by your avatar :)

Seriously....if you think its hard dating a royal person (and I for one do) imagine dating a divorced royal whose first spouse is loved/admired by your people. Other than Charles and Caroline, who remarried...is there any other royal working on their 2nd marriage? I don't count the two of them cause 1) Charles married the person he should have married in the first place and 2) maybe that applies for Caroline as well but they were in different places at the time.

lynn said:
Whew! Glad to hear it's over! I guess deep down, I am still hoping for a reconciliation with Princess Alexandra...

So am I. I wouldn't be surprised if it happens. Remarrying one's Ex is happening more and more today. People realize once they are separated that they could actually work things out.

I hope it happens between these two. They were deeply in love, and that rarely dies.

She looked so much like Mary and I'm sure she hardly missed the physical comparison. She should've taken a cue from her lookalike and noted how discreet Mary behaved while dating Frederik. Mary never talked to the press and laid relatively low even after the move to Denmark and the engagement rumours got louder. I think the first time she ever spoke publicly was at the engagement press conference. Whereas Marie was talking to the press while Joachim was away on a trip abroad.

I wonder if she ever met Nikolai or Felix? Alexandra's boyfriend is obviously a presence in their lives. It would be tough for the boys to have their parents' various love interests brought in and out of their lives. It would be confusing for them and hurtful if they ever became attached to either of them.

I'm not surprized by this talking to the press wasn't a great idea and I personally found the similarity in appearence between Mary and Marie creepy.

It would be nice if he and Alex got back together---lets keep por fingers crossed!

Personally, I would not like to see them (Joachim and Alex) get back together. My reason is because they obviously divorced because they were not happy with each other for whatever reason, so I wouldn't like to see them together because they obviously don't want to be together. People become each others ex's for a reason and the same problems could be just repeated in the re-marriage or re-relationship.

Last edited:
Martin is still living with Alex and her children in the big house. He did not move out . This break up rumours was created by the Danish tabloids who later said that they are together again. Probably they run out of stories.:D

wow! i am very surprised to hear its over. i hadnt seen that one coming.

I dont have any strong feelings about Marie one way or the other but I think it will inevitably hurt the DRF's image if Joachim now goes from one relationship to another. He has now already had one major post divorce relationship. He is unlikely to stay single for the rest of his life.He will likely have his second before too long. and if that breaks up, a third one.

I really hope he will settle down with the next lady he dates before his playboy image starts to dominate the tabloids.

pollyemma said:
I really hope he will settle down with the next lady he dates before his playboy image starts to dominate the tabloids.
Well, at least he's no longer dating teenagers!:D

ah we live in hope that alexandra and joachim get back together keep dreaming , too much has happened i mean i can't see alex leaving sexy martin alone i mean i wouldn't , joachim or martin , it would have too be martin

maybe marie looking like his sister in law started to freak him out :) It was a transition relationship. Sometimes you need someone after a long term relationship doesn't work out to make you feel good about yourself again, reevaluate what your want in a partner, etc. Didn't he also get married fairly young?

I'm not surprised they didn't last. As soon as she opened her mouth about the relationship, the clock started to count down. Not to mention that she (presumably) was his first relationship post-divorce.

It seems I am the only one, who thinks, that it´s a pity, that it´s over. Marie would have been a nice change in the Royal circus show. She had some refreshing naivety and funny spirit around her. I dunno, why they broke up...if it was because of her openess towards the press, it would just show, how blind ppl are (and that the DRF counts on that) Do you really think, that it takes much not to speak to the press for some months?!? Yes, some surely follow this unwritten law out of discretion and sympathy for their future husband, in-laws and the country, but don´t you think, the one or another is a manipulative golddigger (maybe even not self realising it), who just waits and gets then with the engagement ring a credit card for PRADA shops...and speaks in the engagement time and after the wedding a few dozen times to the press and about her looooooovvee to the prince?
I know, that many are impressed, if one follows the codex, but maybe one should also ask sometimes why and should think about the fact, that it´s all just a question of definition. :rolleyes:
Well, I hope he will find another girl soon. Also refreshing, but for her own good maybe a little less naive and that he will marry soon again and will become father again...and then Alexandra can become happy with her Martin and hopefully would be finally passé in connection with the DRF. (IMO) You can´t have a princess-wife and a half...:rolleyes:

Well I liked her too, I found her fresh and outgoing. Surly a little too naive for her own good and posing and talking to tabloids, not the smartest move in the how to date a royal book. But I did find her genuine atleast.
Joachim is divorced with two children and a exwife very much on the public scene, and her he found a woman who was not married and had no children and with a good education, who speakes several languages, hardly a bad catch for him. Well I hope he finds someone new, and that he manages to keep her a secret a little longer, and that when he is ready he gets married again and has more children. He is still young, he got all the blame for the divorce, was painted as THE BAD ONE, and he deserves to be happy again.

Originally Posted by HenrikaB
Well, at least he's no longer dating teenagers!

princess olga said:
You know something we don't?:confused:

It was reported a few years ago that he went to a discotheque and it was claimed that he was chatting up teenagers. I don't believe that he actually dated them.

BTW, I have a weird sense of humour --> The post was meant as a joke, hence, the :D at the end of the sentence.

It seems that everyone on here is very serious about the royals, therefore, I will have to learn to moderate my comments so as not to create a stir.

Last edited:
Larzen said:
Well I liked her too, I found her fresh and outgoing. Surly a little too naive for her own good and posing and talking to tabloids, not the smartest move in the how to date a royal book. But I did find her genuine atleast.
I found Marie to be sweet, cute, and refreshingly honest!:D

Joachim's Next Girlfriend

Oh, here are some questions that just popped into my head:

Does Joachim have a preference? Meaning, does he go for a certain type of woman? Will his next girlfriend be a blond, brunette, red-head?

Will she be younger or older than he? Does anyone think that he would once again date a woman of Alex's age? What age range will she fall into?

How about if we all place bets, figuratively speaking - of course, on what the next one will look like?

Can anyone foresee what Joachim's next girlfriend will be like? Do we have any psychics or psychic-wannabees out there willing to take a stab at it?

I think this would be a totally fun activity!:)

BTW, I'm just trying to inject some fun and laughter into this forum.

Last edited:
i'm not familar with his girlfriends before alexandria,i don't know if they were also small, dark haired, dark eyed ladies? imo he'll never do better than alex, but i really respect them both for (public anyway) a friendly, family first divorce and post divorce relationship. I love their little princes and hate to think of them hurt in any way.
so i predict a dark haired intelligent woman (who if she's smart won't say anything until the day after the wedding)

Just a reminder that this thread is about Joachim and Marie... It is not for speculating about Joachim's prospective girlfriend(s). Please stay on topic.

Thanks for your co-operation.

Mandy
Danish Forum Moderator

I am glad this fling is over and done with because it annoyed me how much she looked like Mary. I mean their names were nearly the same too.

It was a little creepy, but she provided some much needed entertainment!

felicia said:
I am glad this fling is over and done with because it annoyed me how much she looked like Mary. I mean their names were nearly the same too.

I have to say the same....She was not princess material i think.
If she wantede to be princess she shoud had keept quiet with her and Joachims relationship.

H.M. Margrethe said:
I have to say the same....She was not princess material i think.
If she wantede to be princess she shoud had keept quiet with her and Joachims relationship.

I am going to agree on this. She seem to like too much being prince Joachim's girlfriend.

Kelly said:
I am going to agree on this. She seem to like too much being prince Joachim's girlfriend.

Have to "pick" my dear fellow Royal watchers a bit here - I hope you don't mind too much...:)

Did noone except me thought for a moment that it was Marie who - after having her first brush with what being "Royal" in fact means - decided to give Joachim his marching orders? That he came to her to convince her to stay with him? That he really meant it when he in public claimed to love her? So far she seems to be quite okay while he looked not overly happywhen leaving Geneva to fly home to Denmark... Just remember Prince Charles and The Lady Jane Wellesley who said (according to IMHO beliveable sources) "no" when he proposed....:D

Jo of Palatine said:
Have to "pick" my dear fellow Royal watchers a bit here - I hope you don't mind too much...:)

Did noone except me thought for a moment that it was Marie who - after having her first brush with what being "Royal" in fact means - decided to give Joachim his marching orders? That he came to her to convince her to stay with him? That he really meant it when he in public claimed to love her? So far she seems to be quite okay while he looked not overly happywhen leaving Geneva to fly home to Denmark... Just remember Prince Charles and The Lady Jane Wellesley who said (according to IMHO beliveable sources) "no" when he proposed....:D
Good observation. Perhaps she got wise and decided that moving to Denmark, learning that impossible language and leaving her career for a man who is essentially, in day to day life, a farmer, one with a crown on his head albeit, maybe she decided that that wasn't for her, that she'd rather move with some handsome banker to the suburbs of, say, Paris or London rather than some remote farm in Denmark, where she doesn't know a soul.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom