Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier, Current Events 1: September 2005 - May 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
bernard lachaise said:
I am not sure that they will mary. Remember that for example the Duke of York did'nt remarry after his divorce with Sarah and he was in his 30's. And there are many others royal examples (Margaret, Irene, etc.). Perhaps royals can just marry one time!
As far as I know there is no rule stating that a royal can marry just one time, Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall being one of the more recent examples on it. There have also been examples in the Danish royal family of royals marrying more than once. King Frederik VII, who preceeded Christian IX, was married three times. First to his second cousin, Princess Vilhelmine of Denmark, daughter to Frederik VI, secondly to Princess Mariane of Mecklenburg-Strelitz - both marriages ended in divorce - and thirdly he was married to the left hand to Mrs. Rasmussen, who was made Countess Danner upon the marriage.

The point being that there is nothing that prohibits Joachim from marrying again, if and when he so should choose.

Marie is sweet, smart etc. but maybe to talkative:p . I have feeling that after her appeariance in tabloids her relationship with Joachim will cool.

Last edited by a moderator:
Lakshmi said:
Marie is sweet, smart etc. but maybe to talkative:p . I have feeling that after her appeariance in tabloids her relationship with Joachim will cool.

I think the same as you Lakshmi...I think that she is to talkaktiv and that migth be the thing that "hopefully" will cool the afair down.

Lakshmi said:
Why should the relationship cool down? Maybe after the initial outing of Marie she has been advised how to handle the media a little better. I notice we haven't heard anything from her or Joachim lately. Things have quieted down. I hope the next time we see them it is in a more appropriate setting.

Things have really quieted down, i can imagine after an interview like that, something like this could happen, it was not very appropriate of her to give such an interview and maybe if things between them are going well, they will try to teach her how to interact with the press.

Why should the relationship cool down? Maybe after the initial outing of Marie she has been advised how to handle the media a little better.

Whoever advised her didn't do their job well. I don't think it gave a good impression of her when she gave that interview and posed for pictures as Joachim's girlfriend. I think it made her look too forward and assuming of her relationship with the prince. Being a girlfriend is all fine and good, but it's not a permanent title until "fiancee". It was a bad idea to come out to the press without that intention for a permanent relationship. They weren't really hounding her to begin with, not to the level that would necessitate coming out to the press. It's a little confusing and shocking from my perspective. :confused:

Moonlightrhapsody said:
Whoever advised her didn't do their job well. I don't think it gave a good impression of her when she gave that interview and posed for pictures as Joachim's girlfriend. I think it made her look too forward and assuming of her relationship with the prince. Being a girlfriend is all fine and good, but it's not a permanent title until "fiancee". It was a bad idea to come out to the press without that intention for a permanent relationship. They weren't really hounding her to begin with, not to the level that would necessitate coming out to the press. It's a little confusing and shocking from my perspective. :confused:
Very true, It looks even weirder to us, the "general public", to first get this bombardment of photos of a smiling and chirpily posing Marie, then the next thing is we don't hear a thing any more, about her just silence..
Wonder even whether they're still together or whether the silence surrounding Marie just indicates she's learned some lessons...

Marie is back on the front page of the online Billed Bladet May 19, 2006 issue.
http://billed-bladet.dk/ Would someone please do a summary translation into English from the Danish? Thanks.

miss j said:
Marie is back on the front page of the online Billed Bladet May 19, 2006 issue.
http://billed-bladet.dk/ Would someone please do a summary translation into English from the Danish? Thanks.
They call it an interview on the outside - which suggests to me that she sat down with them or something but what they got were innocent remarks as they caught her on her way to lunch.

1) She thinks Joachim is sweet
2) they're still together
3) and that's about as much as she's going to say.

I checked out the homepage of this magazine and found the following article:

http://www.billed-bladet.dk/default.asp?Action=Details&Item=3961

Joachim og Marie på hemmelig ferie -
I don't speak or read Danish but "hemmelig ferie" sounds like the German heimliche Ferien - which would translate to secret holidays. Obviously somewhere discreet in Central Europe - from the article "på en diskret destination i det centrale Europa".

Jo of Palatine said:
I checked out the homepage of this magazine and found the following article:

http://www.billed-bladet.dk/default.asp?Action=Details&Item=3961

Joachim og Marie på hemmelig ferie -
I don't speak or read Danish but "hemmelig ferie" sounds like the German heimliche Ferien - which would translate to secret holidays. Obviously somewhere discreet in Central Europe - from the article "på en diskret destination i det centrale Europa".
Ancient history - Joachim spent Easter with Marie instead of with his parents. And how secret can the vacation be when Danish media are reporting on him not being at the Birthday balcony scene with an explanation that he is with Marie in France?

I Wish them both all the luck in the world whatever they decide to do :)

..whatsup with Marie these days? First she is everywhere.
Now she is nowhere. Or did the paparazzi tire of her? Is also possible of course.

Thanks for the pictures, Carlota! Good to see Marie is still out and about walking her little doggie, albeit this time without involving the paparazzi, good for her! ;)

Last time we saw her there was snow on the ground in the pictures, and now she's walking around in shorts!

What I'm wondering is, do our Danish constituents know more about all things Marie&Joachim? Because perhaps the Danish press is pro-active in this regard? If there's something we here are not aware of, pray do tell! :) If not, I'll shut right up! ;)

Hey everyone!! Iam new to this forum and havent posted before:)
Here in Denmark, there were a lot of raised eyebrows when Marie gave all the interviews and photo-shoots. Very chatty young lady.....
But the funniest thing: She said in an inteview that she loved joachim but she'd prefer to tell him in person...and yet she just announced it to the entire danish nation, but she hadnt told him?? Very weird..
Iam glad she's quieted down.....

Welcome Ctejnoe,

I have been a viewer for a long time but like you am a new poster.

I agree with your sentiments on Miss Cavallier, especially after Alex & Mary were so discreet and never offered too much of themselves to the press I thought Marie would have a difficult time, but with the way that she spoke so freely about her feelings past boyfriends etc... I think she has done herself a disservice.

Once again welcome.

Does anyone know where there is a schedule of events for Princess Alexandra and Prince Joachim?

mjacob said:
Does anyone know where there is a schedule of events for Princess Alexandra and Prince Joachim?
If you go to the main thread about the Danish Royal Family, the first link is the Danish Royal Calendar. Their events are posted along with other members of the royal family.

thats quite many photos... it doesnt give a good impression imo when a girl who dates a prince poses for photos like that. She comes of a bit self-centred

Has anyone read any new articles about Joachim and Marie? Are they still together?

I think they are still together..althought we havent seen any updated pictures since long time..but for sure they could share some time during this summer.

I think hearing no news about Marie and Joachim is good news. Just take a look at the previous thread :D.

Thank Goodness! She was a bit too media hungry for my tastes

as I said in another board...her actitude with the media was not the appropiate and after all that was the reason to break up their relationship...I only hope Joachim finds a very nice girl royal...or non-royal...but one that makes him very happy and that all denmark love !!

Amen to that, Mollie!:)
...And may i add, i think she was a bit of Mary clone. Glad we now get to avoid the look-alike contest. Phew....;)

Agree, Mollie!

Only a bit? She looks more than a bit like Mary! Marie resemblace to Mary was one of the reason to made rumours that Joachim was in love with Mary, or smth like that. (I heard similar rumours about Prince Edward and Sophie.)

I completely agree with all of you!

As that media frenzy around Marie unfolded months ago, Joachim, witnessing it through the press reports, probably thought, "Whoa!!" and made a run for the hills.

Poor Marie in a way--it's probably the only thing she did wrong: blabbing happily to the press. Indeed, not a very wise move: as Mollie said, it most likely cost her the relationship.

I also agree that her resemblance with Mary was a bit, well, bizar if not a bit creepy when you think about it, although in person the two Maries/Marys may have been so different in personality and character etc etc, that it diminished the similarity of appearance.

Anyhow, Joachim's back on the market, girls! ;)

As for a possible reconciliation with ex-wife Alex, according to HER thread, she's been asked by her cameraguy beau to marry her! Can't believe she'd say yes to that, as it would mean she would lose her ample state income, if I'm not mistaken. But that's another thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom