Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier, Current Events 1: September 2005 - May 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was refering to a post above number 562. Sanun was prince's fellipe girlfriend back in 2000 if I remember correct. She wore a vey revealing dress in haakon's wedding. She was badly critisied in spanish madia for her choice

agapi said:
We haven't seen the whole outfit so it is unfair to compare Marie's dress with the one Sanum wore. I am sure however that the danish weekly magazines will bring us many many photos of Marie and Joachim and then we will be able to see the dress and some details of it. From what I have seen in Ekstra Bladet's photos I found Marie's dress sexy but in a propriate way and she has nice legs and back.

Actually, there's a full length pic on the link provided. As far as the comparison to Eva's dress, I don't know what that looked like, so I can't make a comparison. But yes, the dress without the pashmina had too much skin showing.

About the article in EB, from what I can understand (my Danish is still at the beginner level) the event was a charity banquet at a restaurant called Påfuglen early Saturday evening. Both Alexandra and Joachim were there to support this unnamed charity. Furthermore, the article states that both couples go along quite well.

The article then goes on to say they all decided to ride the rollercoaster (each taking their own turn) at Tivoli in the balmy Copenhagen summer evening (or something along those lines). The article sums up by noting that Marie and Joachim are open with their relationship, have nothing to hide, both are happy, and at this point there are no wedding plans.

About the dress: In the topic, Crown Prince Haakon of Norway & Mette-Marit: 25 August 2001 (click here to view the topic) there are many photos of Eva Sannum outfit. Click http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/here for the lazy version

I just looked at the thread with pics of Eva's dress. :eek: What was she thinking! Also, she seemed a bit too eager to pose for the cameras as if she was already a royal. I think that's where she went wrong including the dress. Marie does tend to smile for the cameras too, but I think for her it is genuine excitement. But perhaps, she needs to stop doing that if she doesn't want to end up like Eva!

I think the problem with Eva's dress was that she was wearing it
during an official royal event, a royal wedding,
and for that special occasion it was quite out of place.

Marie is attending a charity party in Tivoli, a private event,
not a royal event with the whole of the media present,
and it was a hot day.
So, I have no problem with her choice of dress.

I really think that they should be more reserved! I really don't appreciate this kind of behaviour amoung Royals! For example Letiza and Filipe of Spain they were very cautious regarding their relationship because they knew that was serious and that they really want to get married so they kept it reserved to have time for themselves, to get to know themselves better wihtout having the public around them! But I think Marie and Joaquim like to have fun around the public eye!!Really don't know wjo is correct but IMO keep things reserved until we are sure of what we want is the best way to do things!!!Maybe they are sure by now, who knows!!!!!!!!!!!!!

biboquinhas said:
I really think that they should be more reserved! I really don't appreciate this kind of behaviour amoung Royals! For example Letiza and Filipe of Spain they were very cautious regarding their relationship because they knew that was serious and that they really want to get married so they kept it reserved to have time for themselves, to get to know themselves better wihtout having the public around them! But I think Marie and Joaquim like to have fun around the public eye!!Really don't know wjo is correct but IMO keep things reserved until we are sure of what we want is the best way to do things!!!Maybe they are sure by now, who knows!!!!!!!!!!!!!

That's your opinion and you have a right to it, of course. But it's not the only opinion available and the way Her Majesty the queen and prince Henrik have reacted to Marie, it seems they have a different opinion about what kind of behaviour is "appropriate" among Royals. IMHo their opinion is, let's say, closer to the case at hand....

According to TV2, Marie left Denmark to Geneva on Sunday after a romantic weekend in Denmark. The article goes on to say that the relationship between Marie and Joachim is heating up (lack of a better word), but still not wedding plans.

Read more about it http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/here.

biboquinhas said:

I disagree because for one thing, Joachim is not the crown prince. Felipe and Frederik had to exercise more caution. Also, he was married before and now with his ex married, I think he feels very free. Also, I don't think if the relationship wasn't serious Joachim would allow her to be photographed with the kids and with Henrik. I suspect the relationship is quite serious.

I'm glad Marie came in, had fun with her man, and went back home! No need to stop her life for a man. She seems grounded in that way--she's still working and has her life in Geneve.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom