Prince Joachim and Marie Cavallier, Current Events 1: September 2005 - May 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zonk said:
She sounds pretty naive. I hope she doesn't trust the media too much...it will burn her in the end. Why doesn't Joachim have someone talk to her!

I honestly doent think he is the kind of person who talks about that. He seams to shy away from conflicts and these kinds of things...But maybe im wrong...

Tricota said:
I honestly doent think he is the kind of person who talks about that. He seams to shy away from conflicts and these kinds of things...But maybe im wrong...

And if that is the case...then she needs a good girlfriend to tell her to say No comment and hang up. If confronted by the media, just smile and keep walking.

Tricota said:
In my insomnia last night I cought a program with Bodil Cath, a famous royal reporter who originaly broke the story, and she said that she call her and spoke with her for 15 minutes...

It seamed she couldnt really make her mind up about her. At one point she said she was a bit reluctent to talk to her and said no comments, she also did not hang up the phone and continued to talk to her and try and explain things... Apparently she seamed very trusting and and was also interested in knowing what the media said, and why they were so interested...:rolleyes:
Considering that she probably doesn't read Danish, I don't think I can blame her for wanting to know what's being written about her. I don't think she should rely on a journalist to tell her, however.

But at the same time, as Joachim also said that "yes, we're together" (Or "can't you see that we're together") it must be really hard to distinguish between what she can say and what she can't say to the reporters. If Joachim had said no comment to the Se & Hør journalist outside - it might've been an example of sorts for Marie.

Zonk said:
While I agree that Marie should not talk to the media...I am not sure I agree that she is not "princess material."

You would think in the year of 2007 (since 2006 is pretty much over) she would have learned from previous "non royal" girlfriends (Kate, Maxima, Alexandra, Mary, a couple of Felipe's old girlfriends and heck...Koo Stark!) not to say anything...the same thing goes with her father. But her lack of media "finesse" if anything tells me that the relationship is not that serious...she should have been coached by Joachim to just smile politely and say nothing. Also, it is a tad unfair that we (and by that I mean the royal watchers) expect these girls to just pop up and know how to behave, talk and dress like a princess. They are entering a new world of class, traditions, money, expected behavior, etc. Unless you are a part of the nobility (calling Mathilde) you don't just know what to do. It takes time, a good mentor, some media training, and a nice clothing budget.

I think the old girlfriends (and wives, in some cases) should get together and write a book on how to survive dating and marrying royalty. I know I'd buy a copy! :lol:

janos614 said:
I think the old girlfriends (and wives, in some cases) should get together and write a book on how to survive dating and marrying royalty. I know I'd buy a copy! :lol:

I totally agree!!!! :lol: Boy, these girls have no clue really...

Or they could just start reading this forum. I'm sure they'd learn a few tips from us royal watchers. ;)

Zonk said:
we (and by that I mean the royal watchers) expect these girls to just pop up and know how to behave, talk and dress like a princess. They are entering a new world of class, traditions, money, expected behavior, etc. Unless you are a part of the nobility (calling Mathilde) you don't just know what to do. It takes time, a good mentor, some media training, and a nice clothing budget.

Really? I would think that it'd be pretty obvious. I think it's pretty self-explanatory- don't speak to the media, you know, those guys with the cameras? Maybe it's a little harder to always look the part, or act gracefully, but that's ok. I'm not even so worried that she talks to her friends about her relationship. I just think it's kind of ridiculous to be in a relationship with a prince and not realize that talking to the media is a taboo.

This relationship is not going to end at the altar...Trust me. With her history of blabbing, do you really think that the Queen is going to easily accept her? On top of that, I don't believe Marie can stand up to the eventual comparisons with her predecessor, Princess Alexandra, and her look-alike, Crown Princess Mary.

I know that girls don't "just pop up and know how to behave" but talking to the press is common sense. You're in a relationship with a royal, you keep your mouth shut until such a time you're given the green light by the Palace.

MoonlightRhapsody said:
This relationship is not going to end at the altar...

And why should it end there? Prince Joachim is a man, he's divorced so he is free to pursue whatever liaison he wishes to have with a woman. As long as this is okay with the girl it should be okay with the public. But of course, as soon as a prince is seen with a girl, she becomes a potential prince's bride and of interest for the media and the people. Maybe Marie simply has difficulties with being a mistress? There are still girls out there who don't like to be labelled "mistress" in public which is what she would be when it's clear there are no marriage intentions on either side. So maybe her "blabbing" is a way of self-protection. Maybe she gets the feeling out of it that she can shape her image at least a bit. Especially as she knows that she is a look-a-like to princess Mary and warms the bed princess Alexandra left. I wouldn't wonder if it's her who has a problem with the relationship and not him.

Joachim can't marry her; there can't be a Princess Mary and a Princess Marie at the same time!

*waits for somebody to shoot me*:boxing:

Of course Joachim can't marry Marie. Because Danish royals would not have family secrets any more. Marie would always keep us up-to-dated about what is heppening.:rolleyes:

moby said:
Joachim can't marry her; there can't be a Princess Mary and a Princess Marie at the same time!

*waits for somebody to shoot me*:boxing:

They could always rename her like they did with the French Henri. Is there a Danish equivalent for Marie? Something like Mette-Marit.....

Jo of Palatine said:
They could always rename her like they did with the French Henri. Is there a Danish equivalent for Marie? Something like Mette-Marit.....
Marie is an incredible common name in Denmark, so there would be no need for renaming. ;) In 2006 there were 18553 women with the name Marie in Denmark, while there were 3853 with the name Mary.

There's been a Princess Marie in the Danish royal family before - married to Prince Valdemar, and grandmother of Queen Anne of Romania.:flowers:

I agree. IMHO I don't like Marie, she's kind of pretty, educated, but she doesn't shut up her mouth. When you're dating a royal and if you want to have "green light" or approved by the RF, you have to be discret. She must to learn from Mary. She tried to stayed away from any media comments, and she never said anyhthing despited to be already on the public eye as "Frederik's girlfriend".

http://danishroyalwatchers.blogspot.com/

There´s new photos of Marie... and again she´s posing, smiling and looking directly into the camera. She sure loves the attention...

I think she should have learn by now that this is not a good behaviour when you are dating a prince :rolleyes:

Marie's quotes are very long suggesting she's talking too much. With that I don't know how long the relationship with Joachim is going to last this time but it seems he can't stay away from her.

Despite her talkative ways, I think there is something open and honest about her which is why I still like her even though she talks too much. I really don't know what to make of her.

I was a bit amused at the frontpages of the magazines this week. Marie was on Billedbladet, saying everything was lovely - and Joachim on Se & Hør saying he is so happy...

Just hope that all works out well for the two of them.

Stellad

norwegianne said:
I was a bit amused at the frontpages of the magazines this week. Marie was on Billedbladet, saying everything was lovely - and Joachim on Se & Hør saying he is so happy...

I agree. It just sounds so scripted to me. A little too jolly to be true.

Laviollette said:
Marie's quotes are very long suggesting she's talking too much. With that I don't know how long the relationship with Joachim is going to last this time but it seems he can't stay away from her.

Despite her talkative ways, I think there is something open and honest about her which is why I still like her even though she talks too much. I really don't know what to make of her.

I understand that you like her. Marie seems sweet and over all decent person. She is also a classy girl , good looking, educated, smart(not media wise though). So she posses all qualities/atributes most people would like to see in royal bride. This is why her behavior & the way she deals with madia are so surprasing. It looks Joachim is really smitten by her.

Last edited:
Joachim seems to fall head over heels in love with his girlfriends, which brings me to ponder if him and Alex were really well matched, did they have a "connection of the mind"? (as Mary said she had with Fredrick)or was it an infatuated love which died out slowly? sorry for going of the topic...:sad:

He was probably too young to get married. I'm glad Fred waited.

As far as Marie, she's pretty and looks nice. (I need to get more background as far as her work and education before I comment on that.) But it's a shame she can't just try to avoid the camera and the press. It makes her look like she's only in it for the attention.

Please remember that Marie is Joachim's unofficial girlfriend and until such time as there is an announcement confirming otherwise, there should be no comparison between Marie and Alexandra.

If you wish to discuss Joachim's and Alexandra's previous relationship, please do so in the appropriate thread (Divorce for Joachim and Alexandra) otherwise, such posts will be deleted at the moderators' discretion.

Thanks,

Mandy

OMG is that her in that crazy outfit walking dogs!!!! what is she thinking. i don't think the brunette in the window looks like her.
cool -they're all acting like adults and making it easy on the children. good for them.

Jo of Palatine said:
Mandy, as new pictures were published (as seen at danishroyalwatchers.blogspot.com) that Marie and Alexandra spent New Year's Eve together (on Joachim's party in Kopenhagen) - is that announcement enough? :flowers:

There's a reason she was photographed at the window: she wanted the world to know she was there. I don't remember Mary being seen at intimate family events like that when she was dating Fred. Marie needs to show some discretion. No one else was seen at the window.

BurberryBrit said:
There's a reason she was photographed at the window: she wanted the world to know she was there. I don't remember Mary being seen at intimate family events like that when she was dating Fred. Marie needs to show some discretion. No one else was seen at the window.
I was thinking the same thing. :rolleyes:

BurberryBrit said:

I don't recall seeing pictures of Fred and Mary at a DRF event until close to their engagement announcement, if that.

Also, Mary.....Marie.....I hope that's just a silly coincidence on Joachim's part. :lol:

bbb said:
OMG is that her in that crazy outfit walking dogs!!!! what is she thinking.
The woman walking several dogs in the picture was not Marie, but an employee of the court, according to Billed Bladet.

Marie seems to be a nice young women and Joachim seems happy around her. she looks like Mary, maybe its the dark hair and the face shape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom