Prince Christian, Current Events 1: November 2005 - July 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
love the picture , they all look fab in it.

The baby is adorable - another heartbreaker in the making.
The photo looks like another Photoshop photo however. The propotions are off - Ziggy vs M & F.

Ziggy is adorable but he's stealing the show from the Lilleprins. Never put your month old baby in a pic with a pet; the pet steals the show everytime. :p

Originally Posted by Danielle
I'm upset that people are calling the little prince 'ugly' and 'yellow'. He's only a baby and already people are resorting to name-calling. Every child is a beautiful miracle and if those people who are being mean can't see that, then I don't know what to say. I think he's adorable and precious, and I have no doubt that Mary and Frederik feel the same way about their son. So please, could people refrain from calling him ugly?

Well, I do think a baby is the most precious thing in the world. Nevertheless, one can not ignore some babies aren't that cutie. The fact they are not cutie doesn't mean they are less precious or a less "valuable" treasure. It's a fact that some babies are less beautiful than others. I was not a cutie baby, and I admit it. For parents, their babies are the most wonderful and precious thing in the world. But some people who are not linked to the babies can find them not cute. We are entitled to say one is not beautiful, without depreciating him. For example, princesses Mabel and Laurentien are not IMO that beautiful, but their work and action are useful and precious.

Danielane said:
Well, I do think a baby is the most precious thing in the world. Nevertheless, one can not ignore some babies aren't that cutie. The fact they are not cutie doesn't mean they are less precious or a less "valuable" treasure. It's a fact that some babies are less beautiful than others. I was not a cutie baby, and I admit it. For parents, their babies are the most wonderful and precious thing in the world. But some people who are not linked to the babies can find them not cute. We are entitled to say one is not beautiful, without depreciating him. For example, princesses Mabel and Laurentien are not IMO that beautiful, but their work and action are useful and precious.

I agree with you. I have four little nephews whom I think are the most beautiful children in the world, but others may not think so. You are definitely more partial to children that are in your family. I also think that some babies are more beautiful than others when they are first born, most get their "cuteness" when they are around 3 months old. I personally think that Frederik & Mary's baby is adorable and I'm sure that he is well loved by the Royal family and the people of Denmark for who he is, not how cute he is.

It has been rumoured by reliable sources that Crown Princess Victoria has been choosen as the bairns godmother. If that is true I think that is a wonderfull choice.

Princejonnhy25 said:
It has been rumoured by reliable sources that Crown Princess Victoria has been choosen as the bairns godmother. If that is true I think that is a wonderfull choice.
Aha! Maybe that means his name will be 'Victorio' ?! ;)

I thought the names of the Godparents of DRF babies' are revealed on the day of the baptism together with the baby's name.

Stellad

stellad said:
I thought the names of the Godparents of DRF babies' are revealed on the day of the baptism together with the baby's name.

Stellad

Let's say that, if the christening is covered by the danish television, the attendance of some guest will give clues before the names of the godparents are revealed.

awwwww hes the sweetest :) He and Leonor (sigh) they make my heart melt

Oh thanks for the picture.

Where is Mary going? Is that steps to a plane? I love seeing these candid pictures, that picture makes her look so normal and like a real first time mum.

EmmieLou said:
Oh thanks for the picture.

Where is Mary going? Is that steps to a plane? I love seeing these candid pictures, that picture makes her look so normal and like a real first time mum.
Yes, she is boarding a plane from Aalborg (in the north of Jutland) to Copenhagen with the baby. According to the article, Frederik, Mary and their baby spent New Year in Jutland where they stayed with friends. Frederik went to Copenhagen by car.

I think it is for security reasons.

Do they travel separatley often? I didn't think so but it makes sense.

Noelle9982 said:
Do they travel separatley often? I didn't think so but it makes sense.

They travelled seperately (Mary and Fred) because Mary had Lilleprinsen with her. Since, the heir and the heir's heir can't travel together, as God forbid, if anything happened to the heir or the heir's heir, the other one would still be there.

pdas1201 said:
They travelled seperately (Mary and Fred) because Mary had Lilleprinsen with her. Since, the heir and the heir's heir can't travel together, as God forbid, if anything happened to the heir or the heir's heir, the other one would still be there.

i just heard about this.
i thought it was okay for the heir's heir to travel with his/her parents.
i saw this with Amalia and WA & Maxima, and Ingrid Alexandra with Haakon & MM.
but, probably different method is taken in denmark, right?

I'd like to get more information on this if possible. It's very interesting that the three of them can't travel together. Is it just by air or is it by car too? Is it only certain distances? etc. etc.

Noelle9982 said:
I'd like to get more information on this if possible. It's very interesting that the three of them can't travel together. Is it just by air or is it by car too? Is it only certain distances? etc. etc.
It's not the three of them: it is only the Crown Prince and the little Prince who can't travel together. Same as the Queen and the Crown Prince don't travel together. It is mostly planes, I think.

It's quite a common practise in the royal families, actually. Except that Haakon and Ingrid Alexandra seem to travel together ... But Haakon and the king doesn't.

You're right, Anne, I'm sorry!

I just meant that the princess, baby and Fred won't be seen traveling together because Fred and the baby can't be together. But Fred and Mary or Mary and the baby can fly together. Sorry for the confusion!

William couldn't travel with Charles when he was younger for the same reason.

Wow! Victoria is a very popular choice for godmother. Ingrid Alexandra, Constantinos Alexios (Greece), Amalia, uhhhh...maybe one or two more. And now Lilleprinsen! Does she actually see any of them?

When he was younger only? What changed since then?

moosey60 said:
William couldn't travel with Charles when he was younger for the same reason.

Wow! Victoria is a very popular choice for godmother. Ingrid Alexandra, Constantinos Alexios (Greece), Amalia, uhhhh...maybe one or two more. And now Lilleprinsen! Does she actually see any of them?

Actually William and Charles did travel together when William was a baby. The family went to Australia, I believe it was, on a Royal Tour. And everyone was very surprised that the two of them went on the same plane.

Emmily said:
Actually William and Charles did travel together when William was a baby. The family went to Australia, I believe it was, on a Royal Tour. And everyone was very surprised that the two of them went on the same plane.

you're right. the first time what them travel together was in august of 1982. go to london-scotland.

corazon said:
you're right. the first time what them travel together was in august of 1982. go to london-scotland.

And i believe that was the first time they broke with tradition about a heir and future heir travelling together!

yes, this is what confuse me a little bit.
this is the 1st time i've seen heir's heir doesn't travel with his parents.
i realized a sovereign & a heir cannot travel together.
we've seen this when the royals arrive for felipe & letizia's wedding, i.e. victoria cannot travel with carl-gustav, and so on.

but, a 'baby' royal heirs do indeed travel with his/her parents, i.e. amalia travel with wa & maxima when they arrived at madrid, ingrid alexandra travel with haakon & mette-marit when she went to iceland, madrid, jordan.

so, what makes denmark follow different tradition? a more cautious method?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom