Prince Christian and Princess Isabella, Current Events 4: Dec. 2009 - February 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely wonderful photos...thank you very much Amely! I love the obvious joy with which Christian and Isabella greeted their grandfather Prince Henrik! Really heart warming to see!:flowers::)

Does anyone know what all the construction is for around the Chancellery House...........seems to be quite a bit of it

I do like Alex's hair short, it was nice that they were invited
Wonder if Marie & baby Henrik were also invited, aas Joachim would be out of the country.
What ever happend that Fred didn't show ??

Anyone knows if Marie and lille Henrik were there

Wonder if Marie & baby Henrik were also invited, aas Joachim would be out of the country.

My guess is that Marie and Henrik were also there, only no pics of them arriving :)
Those pics show a few minutes of the complete day, so Fred was propably somewhere else in the house :)

We've had the first nights with temperatures below 0 degrees in this past week.
The temperature is 12-15 degrees C during the day.

And windy :( It has been below 0 in the north of germany, too :sad:

wow, here in las vegas we still in t-shirt weather, this is the only thing i don't like from denmark: the cold! you wonder wheere is my danish blood gone? I woul love to see a photo with the cake and Chrisitan blowing his 5 candles, anyone around? I bet Isabella wanted to blow the candles too!

And windy :( It has been below 0 in the north of germany, too :sad:

And wet! Our dog didn't think he needed that much excersize tonight.
Great time for small children to play in the woods though. They get nice and tired. I guess they had no problems putting Christian to bed on his birthday....

I guess this goes for Isabella, too :lol: Does your dog also give you "the look"?

The last photos of the birthday party are not planned posed photography, just shots caught by the press of little children being happy and playing at
a birthday party.

They certainly would not want anyone critiquing the children's clothes!!!

wow, here in las vegas we still in t-shirt weather, this is the only thing i don't like from denmark: the cold! you wonder wheere is my danish blood gone? I woul love to see a photo with the cake and Chrisitan blowing his 5 candles, anyone around? I bet Isabella wanted to blow the candles too!

Still hot in Vegas?? We visited last July for a week and I think that they broke temperature records for the month. (46C, 112F) I now believe in global warming!!:D

Thanks for all the pictures. The ones with Henrik are adorable! Nice to see they are so close, and he evidently adores them.

I think Isabella is always dressed very practically. She seems like a very curious child, who is close to her big brother and it often looks like she's copying his behaviour, which probably results in two messy children at times. If it means dressing her in darker colours for a while I don't think that'll cause any long term damage!

London weather check: cold but sunny! ;)

Does anyone know what all the construction is for around the Chancellery House...........seems to be quite a bit of it

I do like Alex's hair short, it was nice that they were invited

Does anyone know what all the construction going on is about ?? Thnaks

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #42, 2010.
Prins Christians dejlige dag - Prince Christian's lovely day.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen.

http://www.billedbladet.dk/Kongelige/ArticleFolder/2010/10/Se%20billederne%20prins%20Christian%20krammer%20farfar.aspx

Who, along with two photographers had taken up positions around Kancellihuset.
At around 10.00 Christian's room (class) in his kindergarten came walking through the park, from the kindergarten. And here they were recieved at the back entrance by a wawing and delighted Christian, standing well ahead of Mary and Bella, who remained near the gate.
All the children (and at least one kindergarten teacher) was led inside.
After an hour with treasure hunting and playing in the garden it was time for lunch. Consisting of pizza, muffins and lemonade.

Past noon the friends of the family and their children arrived.
They were Alexandra, her Martin and her children. The boys Ludvig & Holger from Gavnø Castle. The Reedtz-Thots. Elisabeth Buchwald with her adult children. Birgitte Handwerk with daughters. Jean Ahlefedt-Laurvig with her youngest daughter. Charlotte Velin, with whom Mary go riding.
Joachim, our Marie and their Henrik couldn't make it.
Grandpapa Henrik also walked from the main building at Fredensborg. To be recieved by Christian, who darted out in the arms of his grandfather (farfar), where he got a hug and a kiss. Isabella followed in the heels of her older brother and also got a big hug. On the way into Kancellihuset, Christian showed Prince Henrik two Spiderman figures he had recieved as presents.
All this took place in front of a group of American tourists, who happened to be there.

An hour later Prince Henrik left and walked past the press still standing there and confirmed that Christian had had a good party: "Yes, it was a good party and the Prince was pleased with his presents. He is always pleased with his presents".

Queen Margrethe had been at work at Amalienborg that day and only arrived late in the afternoon. She brought with her a present and when she left an hour later, she also passed the journalists and smiled: "Thank you very much", in response to the well wishes from the press on the birthday of her grandson.

- There is no mentioning of the construction work in the article. Presumably some maintenaince.

Thank you for an insight translation of the party. Sounds like fun. Loved how it mentions that he waited to great his friends while Mary & Bella stayed back watching.

Thanks for posting the pictures; I love seeing the grandparents and their grandchildren. Henrik and Christian make quite a pair.

Yes, Isabella's dress was not exactly banging my shutters, but it's probably nice and warm.

I wonder if, when the weather turns, Mary thinks of enjoying a second summer down under.

I wonder if, when the weather turns, Mary thinks of enjoying a second summer down under.

Wouldn't blame her if she did! The first trickle of snow fell last night. Winter may come early this year and if it does we may be in for a second ice winter in a row.

You are welcome, Dazzling. :)

ADDED:

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #42, 2010.
En dejlig dreng på fem år - A lovely five years old boy.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen.

Who has been talking with photographer Franne Voigt, who took the pictures of Christian and Bella, which were released on Christian's birthday.
Franne Voigt is enthusiastic about the classic black and white photo and Mary is crazy/wild about this style.
Franne Voigt explains: "The Crown Princess has seen something else I did and liked it. That's why black and white pictures were made of the children".

He is a father of six children himself(!) and recently he was invited inside Kancellihuset in order to photograph Christian. Franne Voigt work on establishing a good connection/contact with the model and it doesn't hurt that the children, (he often works with familis and children) are being photographed in safe and homely surroundings. So he basically follwed Christian around as he played and ran through the home: "When I work with children I'd like that you can see that they are in their own environment. I'd like to reach into the real world of the children. I for example follow the children and then I take pictures, and preferably pictures where they are in activity. During the process I play with them and we tell each other stories.
I will not say so much about the children of the CP-couple but they are really good and incredibly compliant children, no doubt about that. I photograph a lot of children, so I know what I'm talking about. Christian and Isabella are really children the CP-couple and the rest of us can be proud of". (*)

Franne Voigt also took pictures of the children earlier this year in connection with Isabella's birthday.

(*) Even it it wasn't true, you can hardly expect him to say otherwise. :p

Your translations Muhler give us great insight into what is going on and we thank you very much, your efforts are much appreciated. I have to say black and white photography can be really elemental with its subjects - that colour sometimes just doesn't capture. Well done Herr Voigt.

Thank you so much for the translations!

Lovely pictures and article, thanks Dazzling

Love them showing Christian waiting for his friends then the wave and big smile when he sees them and so sweet.

He was so cute! His nose pressed up against the glass. Holding farfar's hand as they were strolling along. He is a precious little boy.

Posts on November 17, 2010 event of Prince Henrik & Prince Christian has been moved to the
The Danish Royal Family Current Events: Part 6 thread
found here

Isabella is going to be a fun big sister! She's going to keep Christian and the twins on their toes!

saw the pics of christian and isabella at tivoli, Christian is really so cute to look at..

I really don't like how Isabella is dress, such a difference with the mother!

Her mother is at least 30 years older than Isabella. I would hope there is a difference:flowers:

I wouldn't expect a three-year old little girl to dress like her nearly 40-year old mother.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom