Prince Christian and Princess Isabella, Current Events 4: Dec. 2009 - February 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Christian is almost a BIG boy by now! :D He looks really cute and I can't hardly believe he is already 5! :champagne: Princess Isabella is a real little beauty, even if I don't like how she uses to be dressed. :p

Vanesa.

The pictures are adorable!
Although I find them much photoshoped :ermm:

Christian is a copy of Mary!

Those pictures are really cute. Love that they are black and white, it always gives a nice athmosphere to a photo. They seem like such a happy children.

Oh my god. Those pictures are wonderful :)
I especially love the one of him & Bella, they're so adorable - seems so close.

http://jp.dk/blitz/kongelige/article2215325.ece

An article from Jyllands Posten.

Including a quote from the BB reporter, Anna Johannesen, who last year wrote in the brance magazine, Journalisten = The Journalist:

Prince Christian can even be forwarding/polite/obliging, so long that lasts. Around Christmas 2009 Billed Bladet published a photo of the four year old, who nicely said goodbye to the waiting photographers and journalists outside the Esajas church in Copenhagen. He had been to a Christmas concert with his parents.

"And that was both by saying Merry Christmas and shaking hand. His father could learn a bit from him", said reporter Anna Johannesen, Billed Bladet to the brance magazine Journalisten in connection with her 40th jubilee earlier this year.

- That's an interesting statement from a BB reporter!
Okay, in Frederik's defence I'd say he's not brought up to be obliging towards the press, nor the public in general. That changed with Mary, he is much more obliging towards onlookers now, though Mary is still the most active of the two.
But the press? It's no secret that Frederik is very protective in regards to his family. And I don't think he is particularly fond of the press. Partly because of his nature. He is not comfortable in the public glare but mostly because the press has sometimes given him some hard time.
Whether that is a smart move can be debated, it's certainly very human.

QMII has learned from Mary in particular. She is still not particularly fond of the press and there has been some critisism from the press, that hey, they have a job to do as well...
Whatever can be said about QMII, she is not stupid and she is very observant. She has become much more obliging towards the public in recent years. Previously she wouldn't have walked up to onlookers and greeted them. She would just have waved. And now she seems to respect the press much more. - When she is in the mood.

Prince Henrik has maintained a pretty good personal rapport with the press, eventhough he is often their favourite target. And oddly enough the journalists appear to genuinely like him.

Joachim and our Marie recieve a lot of good press, even considering their after all secondary position. I believe it's in return for being obliging towards the press. Joachim has certainly learned a lot. From Alexandra I believe. And her way in dealing with the press. He has also learned the hard way, how the press works, so why not work with them? And that's what he is doing. Feeding them and in return he gets good press. - A delicate balance act.

Should Frederik in particular be more obliging towards the press? Yes, I think so. He doesn't have to do that much. Just show that he respect their job and perhaps a little small talk from time to time. Journalists are like everybody else, they like to be appeciated and aknowledged. It's only human.
Little things count.

Moderators: Should the translated bit and my comments be moved? And if so where to?

Love the black & white pictures of Prince Christian he is such a lovely little boy. The photo on the bannister and the one with Princess Isabella are so sweet.

Hope he has a wonderful day.

i love his photos intheor own house , wher we can not even dram to see, we can see that the kids are adorable like any other kids of thier age! beautiful!

The pictures are very "adult", black and white and quite staged. Almost no point mentioning the photoshopping since almost all royals do it.

Kudos to them to publish pics of the kids on a regular basis. These specific pics seem quite lifeless to me though.

The pictures are so beautiful, and it is wonderful that they release pictures regularly.

:huh: Do you really think they photoshop pictures of little children? Why yes, it doesn't sound too odd.....the more I think about it. :D

Wow I can't believe it has been 5 years since they brought their little prince home. The new photos are wonderful. Christian seems to have such a fun personality.

What do you mean that the pictures are photoshopped? Can you please explain this? If they are photoshopped, how can you tell? Also, everyone comments on how the two children resemble a parent at this age, can someone please post a side by side photo of child and parent at approx. the same age so we can see. That might be interesting.

It is not a guaranted photoshop, all you can do is speculate and express your opinions.
Of course people don't like some people, and a few people keep commenting and saying that Christian and Isabella are not dressed correctly, but if they are comfortable in their clothes, what is the problem? They are children, clothes aren't really going to affect their lives, not being able to play on the swings might.

Well, Iraitelli. I personally don't need a side by side photo to see the striking resemblance between Christian and Mary. (...)
Thank you Anne! :flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
I see more resemblance between Frederik and Isabella.

Congratulations to you, Blackadder. I am so happy that you don't need a side by side. I just asked a question, that's all.

Congratulations to you, Blackadder. I am so happy that you don't need a side by side. I just asked a question, that's all.

You don't need to be so aggressive. I just stated my opinion that came to my mind while reading your post. And by the way :google:

We can surely agree that it's a question of personal taste and the aesthetic sense
if one likes the pics or not, we don't need to argue about any possible photoshopping
which has become a quite regular method, but can't be proved or disproved in many
cases.

Besides that, please stay respectful towards each other! Thank you!

I really like the photos of Christian and Isabella :) I hope we will get to see some more of the photosession sometime :)

I also hope we get to see more in the series. Prince Christian is such a happy child.
Both are beautiful children full of life and both have a mischevious glint in their eye.

I think they were photoshopped because in recent photos like this one

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_Ed7KEPTG8bU/TK-XbASRMtI/AAAAAAAAC_U/Qqv43tF-Vik/s1600/LLL4.jpg

Christian has a noticeable freckle at the top of his nose. In the birthday photos, he doesn't. I personally don't care whether they photoshop or not, just thought I'd point out a difference that jumped out at me. I think the photos themselves are lovely. I haven't often seen Isabella in full smile and it makes her look different (still cute) to me. :flowers:

I like the photo's - it's good to see some photo's for Christian's birthday and I liked the black and white - you don't get as distracted by the background.

The black and white birthday photos are by Franne Voigt, the same photographer who took Isabella's birthday photos this year.

I think the pictures are adorable! I especially love the one with both kids. Isabella has such a beautiful smile!
I have to say I love all sets of birthday pics that were released of the grandchildren this year; all of them save lille Henriks are black and white, which is a nice common feature (maybe Henriks pics next May will be black and white, too?).
The birthday pictures were actually released early on Christians birthday morning on the website of the DRF - I went to look whether there were any there, and lo and behold, there they were! Possible, but unlikely, that they have been on the site longer than that :) Isn't it awesome that we get official pictures of the children that regularly? That calls for a big thank you to the DRF!

I agree! In some royal families, we only see the royal children a few times a year at arranged photo shoots. We are privileged to be allowed to see the daily lives of the children in the DRF!

Why do people even care about the pictures being photoshopped? I love them no matter what :)

Princess Isabella and Prince Christian are so cute :flowers: IMO, Princess Isabella looks like her dad and Prince Christian looks like her mom.

Come again, what is Bella wearing here ?:blink:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom