Prince Christian and Princess Isabella, Current Events 3: May 2008 - December 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
He is getting big! Youre welcome sgl ;)

I saw a little boy yesterday who would have been about a year younger but he looked so identical to Christian that I did a double take and actually stopped where I was walking! How crazy is that?!

It's always lovely to see Christian again! Maybe the nanny went to pick him up at the kindergarten? Who is the young girl besides him? Another nanny? Ziggy looks great, I always love that dog:flowers: It must be really upset to leave the house only with a bodyguard:cool:

a huge responsability for them take him out without the parents!!!!, i am surprise only one bodyguard!

Sorry but more and more I get the impression that Christian is either lazy or a spoilt kid, making use of the entourage that usually surrounds the Danish CPs. Most times we see him with his parents or nanny he's either driven in a buggy or carried by his mother. All kids are different but overall he's sporting quite a lethargic attitude. He's 3 years now, get on your feet and walk, young man. It's about time!

Sorry but more and more I get the impression that Christian is either lazy or a spoilt kid, making use of the entourage that usually surrounds the Danish CPs. Most times we see him with his parents or nanny he's either driven in a buggy or carried by his mother. All kids are different but overall he's sporting quite a lethargic attitude. He's 3 years now, get on your feet and walk, young man. It's about time!

Do you know the distance between for example Fredensborg Castle and the kindergarden he attends? I bet it is more than an ordinary walking distance for a 3 year old:cool:

...And for all we know, he may have been walking one km or more before this picture was taken.

It might also not be Christian but the adults who want it easier than having a child walking which takes more time and effort. We don't know who to "blame" in this instance. While I agree that 3 is too old to be in a stroller constantly, there are of course exceptions, especially when the child is tired, had a long day, has been walking alot, etc. Let's not jump to conclusions here.

his nanny looks very young!

It seems like Prince Charles was pushed around in his mother's huge old buggy until he started school!

I agree with you, Empress. The choice of buggy or walking is not Christian's. Maybe it is easier during these public outings to have him in the buggy. I would imagine that with all of the security that surrounds them, it is easier for them to move quickly through public areas. Three year-olds move in a less than efficient manner, and perhaps this makes getting from point A to point B difficult (as far as security is concerned).

I quite understand why Christian still use a stroller, I have a 3 year old kid and when I go out with him I always have a stroller near me and when he gets tired he is the first one to ask for a seat, also when he walks he stops to watch or to put his hands in everything he sees so it is quite difficult to walk with him in the street, also I can assume that if Christian came from the kindergarten he must came in a stroller because it is quite a long walk for 3 year old kid...:flowers:

Surely the fact that the little Prince is out in the fresh air enjoying everything around him is enough. Who cares whether he walks or enjoys the sights from the comfort of his stroller? :flowers:

Isabella was with them too - this is a double stroller, and in a second Belga pic you can see part of Bella's head

Ah, all becomes very clear, Princess Isabella probably isn't walking so well at this point and prefers to ride in her stroller, why shouldn't big brother cash in on the ride????
Thanks JessR for pointing that out :flowers:

When I said that I have the impression the Christian is a bit lazy or spoilt I was not referring to the latest occasion only but in general. Usually we can see him in a buggy or being carried by Mary, because she has the luxury of staff taking care of Isabella at the same time, who is still too young to walk properly. There were plenty of such occasions in the past, during the vacation he even threw a tantrum when Mary refused to carry him in the first place. My point is that if there are two kids with the same age difference like Christian and Isabella, usually the older kid doesn't have much choice but to walk, take the bike, hop on the kiddie board or stay at home because the mother will have to carry the younger sibling or push the stroller. But with plenty of staff around Christian usually makes use of the lazy option - being carried or pushed by someone. He just strikes me as the lethargic type, very different to his sister.

But with plenty of staff around Christian usually makes use of the lazy option - being carried or pushed by someone. He just strikes me as the lethargic type, very different to his sister.

Given the fact that we (the public) see Prince Christian for only a very small (tiny) portion of his daily life, I think that labeling him as lazy and lethargic is very unkind. He is only 3!!!

Thanks for the info. When will she be starting? I suppose after Christmas maybe :whistling:

Well thats an interesting omission. I guess only time will tell then...

That will be so cute to have them go to the nursery. What is exactly that they do there? Is it for educational purposes?

That will be so cute to have them go to the nursery. What is exactly that they do there? Is it for educational purposes?

It has nothing to do with schooling as such. The nursery (school) is from around 6 months (if you are lucky enough to get a place at that age of course) till 3 years. The children do of course acquire som social skills just from spending time together :)

i am surprise thyewill go there, so nursery school is like day care, no learning but taking care of them when parens work, surprise me that they are not with the nannies until they get to school!

i am surprise thyewill go there, so nursery school is like day care, no learning but taking care of them when parens work, surprise me that they are not with the nannies until they get to school!

It is acknowledged that if you want your small children to spend time with other children of the same age, you have to enroll them in a nursery school or kinder garden - since there will usually not be many playmates during the day otherwise. And being with other children is a sort of 'social education'. :)

It is acknowledged that if you want your small children to spend time with other children of the same age, you have to enroll them in a nursery school or kinder garden - since there will usually not be many playmates during the day otherwise. :)

As there is a great difference between countries, regarding the percentage of women being at the labour market - I want to add - that in Denmark almost all women are working also when having small children. Only some very, very few are housewifes. Therefore the very slight minority of children who has af mom who is a housewife (or has a nanny or non-working dad) also are inrolled in a nursery school in order to get playmates. Not doing so, will leave them without the compagny of children their own age, as there most likely will not be any other children whithin miles with whom they can play during the daytime - not even in the most wealthy areas of Denmark.

To me a 1 or 2 year old child should be at home with their parents, they have enought time to socialize with other children form the age of 3, where they play, they paint, they make games, they learn things, before this age only children who haven't their parents are home go to daycar, and Isabella has nannys so to me is a very strange thing but....

To me a 1 or 2 year old child should be at home with their parents, they have enought time to socialize with other children form the age of 3, where they play, they paint, they make games, they learn things, before this age only children who haven't their parents are home go to daycar, and Isabella has nannys so to me is a very strange thing but....

Cultural differences Biboquinhas:flowers:.

To me it would be very strange if they did not inroll Isabella (or Christian) in a nusery school.................I do think most Danes find this to be the correct thing to do. If I were a housewife with small children I would enroll them as well.........

I think it is wonderful that the Danes enroll their children in nursery school right away. This will be great for little Isabella. She will be able to socialize with children from non-royal families, and it will be a great opportunity for her to learn social skills.

I think it's a good thing to see Isabella finally go to nursery.

Still having in mind the excitement around this whole process when Christian started nursery school, Isabella's turn is another example for the non-interest in the "forgotten children", the second-in-line, who lose out (or maybe not? maybe they can be considered the lucky ones) on attention for their events, same goes for Sofia of Spain (the most evident example - she didn't even get her 1st-Birthday-pics) or Sverre-Magnus of Norway.

I hope that the same effort is made for Isabella's issues as it was the case regarding Christian's issues. Not just a been there, done that attitude for the follow-up kid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom