Prince Christian and Lille Prinsesse, Current Events 1: March 2007 - June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Though many members know about TRF photo posting rules by heart, and have kindly respected them, there are still some who refuse to follow the rules.

A quick reminder to those who forgot:
  • In order to legally post copyrighted material, you must obtain written permission from the copyright owner.
  • No more than 20% of the text of an article can be posted, along with a link to the original article.
  • It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles.
  • Hotlinking of content from other websites is not permitted.
  • We expect our members to treat each other with respect.
  • Opinions should be backed up by reference to published reports.

Thanks

Every picture of this little guy makes me fall for him again and again! This a picture of him in occasion of the State Visit of the Royal Family of Sweden, today... (sorry if it has been posted before, it's just too cute to miss it!)

TV 2 Galleri

adelaide said:
If we didn't official fotos earlier it's because the little princess had too more hair around the face which were falling very quickly, that it's not very beautiful, but for the old tradition it's sign of good luck:D
Sorry, I'm not sure I understand what you mean by too much hair and falling and not beautiful. Are you claiming that Lillepigen had too much hair and have lost some of it since she was born???

As to the reason why the pictures were published now and not on the day they left the hospital or immediately after, I think it can only be guesswork on anyone's part.

She is such a beautiful girl. My favorite picture is the one of her with her eyes open, she looks older than a two-week-old. Big brother looks absolutely thrilled with her.

Sister Morphine said:
I think there's a difference between seeing Christian eat birthday cake and seeing Christian naked in the bathtub. The first birthday of the future King is something to be shared and celebrated.....a bath is not. Hence why the photos are neither a big deal nor unwarranted.

As for royal children becoming too "common".....would you prefer that we never see photos of them ever until they're 18 or something? Come on now.

I agree completely, Sister Morphine. His photo all messy eating his 1st birthday cake was simply adorable. Helloooo! He was turning 1 year old! He's human... and we're not in the 16th century... royals are not supposed to be supernatural or divine beings or anything anymore...enough said!

Is anyone else out there like me and thinks the pictures - while very beautiful - are a bit of an anticlimax?..because I am constantly waiting for new photos, new images of what Mary in particular is wearing...like after the birth, I was wondering what is she going to be wearing leaving the hospital, then what will she be wearing in official photos and then what about the state visit of the Swedes...now I have seen all those images, what's next?

A balcony moment for their wedding anniversary or Prince Frederik's birthday? Then what will she be wearing at the lillepige's christening? Or am I the only picture vulture on the boards?

if I may interject on the Adelaide comment about the hair. It is very normal for babies that are born with hair to lose some of their hair soon after birth. This happened to me so my mom has told me. And it happens all the time to many babies. I don't think Adelaide meant anything by her remark but I suppose sometimes when a baby is born with a lot of hair and then a small bald spot comes from laying down so much that is likely not to beautiful.

I think these pics of the new princess are perfect "Danish" pictures. Glad we finally get to see her. And by that I mean really see her...not all bundled up and clinging to her mother.

Thanks for the explanation Aurora810 :flowers:
I have never experienced hair loss with any of my own three babies or heard about it for any of my numerous nephews and nieces so I just didn't get the meaning of that.

UserDane said:
Thanks for the explanation Aurora810 :flowers:
I have never experienced hair loss with any of my own three babies or heard about it for any of my numerous nephews and nieces so I just didn't get the meaning of that.

Sure! My mom said it was very frightening when she went to pick me up one time and noticed a little hair had fallen out on the blanket. I think it occurs because the babies lay down so much. I think it is also more common for babies that have lots of hair at birth.

Yes...and the most amazing of this story is that this hair is not true hair..I don't know how its name is in English, but in Spanish it is rather called "pelusa". I was born with some amount of it, for the desperation of my mother, since I looked extremely ugly. And it changes of colour! At least, sometimes...This "pelusa" on me was black, and when it fell down, it was replaced by blonde hair! :ohmy:

Vanesa.

Thanks Aurora and Vanesa:)
I didn't know that babies' first hair had a special name.
My own three daughters were born with lost of hair, one of them in particular, and they kept it all through.

Even if 'Lillepigen' should have lost some of hair, I don't think that this would have prevented the pictures from being taken though (to get back to Adelaide's post). It must just have been the right time for the family to have the pictures taken - and I certainly won't complain about the result.:flowers:

I don't understand why there has to be any reason for Frederik and Mary not having the babies photos taken. Mary came out of hospital the day after the little one was born and probably just wanted to rest. After a couple of weeks it was decided that they would like some photo's taken and the beautiful pictures of their perfectly healthy family were released to the public. :flowers: We just had to be patient.

I agree with you crisscross1. I can imagine photos were not top of the priority list! but were they not worth the wait. Gorgeous!!

crisscross1 said:
I don't understand why there has to be any reason for Frederik and Mary not having the babies photos taken. Mary came out of hospital the day after the little one was born and probably just wanted to rest. After a couple of weeks it was decided that they would like some photo's taken and the beautiful pictures of their perfectly healthy family were released to the public. :flowers: We just had to be patient.

I hear you! And I'm glad that we can see pics of the family, I was worth waiting, lol:flowers:

Prince Christian was also very tinny when he was born and pcitures have been release the same day, so I just don't understand!

Well, Christian is the heir to the throne after his father. The Danish people had been waiting a very long time for him to come, so I can imagine there would have been a revolt:hornets: had they not come out with some photos very quickly!

If you've ever seena newborn, they aren't really that much to look at. after a few weeks they look so different and start to develop their features. I'm glad they didn't do a photo shoot earlier, we wouldn't have seen these gorgeous images.

Empress said:
Well, Christian is the heir to the throne after his father. The Danish people had been waiting a very long time for him to come, so I can imagine there would have been a revolt:hornets: had they not come out with some photos very quickly!
I think that despite Christian is the heir to the throne the both should have the same treatment regarding normal and day to day things!

Nice pics! But I have a little question for you all: Which is exactly the mean of "Lille Princesse"...? Little Princes? I don't think this is a very serious title. It's not usual in other countries anyhow...And which is the mean of Lillepigen? I'm confussed! :blink:

Vanesa.

Vanesa said:
Nice pics! But I have a little question for you all: Which is exactly the mean of "Lille Princesse"...? Little Princes? I don't think this is a very serious title. It's not usual in other countries anyhow...And which is the mean of Lillepigen? I'm confussed! :blink:

Vanesa.

"Lillleprinsesse" is not the baby's title, it is simply a nickname to use until we know her actual name. "Lillepigen" means "the little girl", which is what Mary said they were calling the baby as a nickname, like the called Christian "Lillemand" - likewise, Christian was also called "Lilleprinsen" before we knew his name. Hope this clears up your confusion! :flowers:

Her official title is Prinsesse.

Prinsesse --- og Denmark.

LadyK said:
Her official title is Prinsesse.

Prinsesse --- og Denmark.

Minor correction, the little Princess is "Prinsesse --- til Danmark" - in English "Princess --- to Denmark", meaning she is in the line of succession :flowers:

Last edited:
She is like her daddy, also should be like grandmother!

Glittering, you made my day! Thanks for posting that link to Christian's 'farewell' foto.

That is cute to see. Typical, little boy that wants to see a big truck.

GlitteringTiaras said:
The ladies at DRWs has exclusive photos and article from Billed Bladet about Christian, Mary, and her sister Jane (who recently flew to Denmark to help Mary out with the little Princess.)

:flowers:

My God, how skinny is Mary?! She looks almost like she was before she was pregnant! That was really fast!

Christian is so cute, he didn't want to go back inside to Lillepigen, but to stay and watch the truck some more! :lol: I can see that truck trumps sister in his mind!

GlitteringTiaras said:
The ladies at DRWs has exclusive photos and article from Billed Bladet about Christian, Mary, and her sister Jane (who recently flew to Denmark to help Mary out with the little Princess.)

:flowers:

That is such a great article! I love Christian, he always seems to do the cutest things. And poor Mary, I think the article implied she had to do a little extra work to get him to come inside:) . Well, she'll have to get use to things like that, being a parent to a toddler, and in a year or so two toddlers, when Princess Lillepigen gets older!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom