Prince Christian and Lille Prinsesse, Current Events 1: March 2007 - June 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
and some little boys just don't like dressing up- have you ever tried to put a toddler in a tie?

Yes, I'm not sure why the shirt wasn't tucked in, but other than that, I think it was fine.

Well, I disagree with both of you:) I like the relaxed way Mary and Frederik dress their small child. Very much like the way most Danes would dress a child of Christian's age IMO. I really don't like the over-dressed stiff outfits that some wealthy/royal kids are dressed in!
Come on, he is not any dansih kid, a smal danish designed ermine cloak and gold crown should be a minimum when attending a *private* christening:rolleyes:

Come on, he is not any dansih kid, a smal danish designed ermine cloak and gold crown should be a minimum when attending a *private* christening:rolleyes:
Argghh completely forgot about the ermine cloak - that would have been quite all right IMO of course - and quite appropriate.....:lol:

Prince Christian is just over 18 months old! Isn't it more appropriate for a toddler to be dressed for comfort and ease rather than fashion? To me, it shows how much plain common sense his mother has. Personally, I think that a little child dressed to look like a mini-adult looks ridiculous.

That's a lot of baby strollers. I think it is the way she is. She wants to live big and she is! I don't like the shirts on the boy. I think it is a sign of respect to dress your son (even if a toddler) a little if you are going to a formal event. I'm sure they can afford a little shirt even if no tie, but something more formal for the boy!

I don't see the point of dressing Christian formally at his age he's so young. If he's anything like my nephews were at his age he'll just go get himself drity.

Prince Christian will be dressing in suit and ties for his whole entire adult life, maybe even teen life. Let him enjoy dressing casual now when he is young as it is not going to happen very often for him in the future.

I think he's really cute and just like any other mother she dresses her son the way she wants.​

That's a lot of baby strollers. I think it is the way she is. She wants to live big and she is!!
Sorry, what and whom are you referring to - who is 'she' whose character seems to be determined by the number of baby strollers???

Prince Christian is just over 18 months old! Isn't it more appropriate for a toddler to be dressed for comfort and ease rather than fashion? To me, it shows how much plain common sense his mother has. Personally, I think that a little child dressed to look like a mini-adult looks ridiculous.
I agree completely. He's just a toddler ; let him be that, and comfortable :flowers:

That's a lot of baby strollers. I think it is the way she is. She wants to live big and she is! I don't like the shirts on the boy. I think it is a sign of respect to dress your son (even if a toddler) a little if you are going to a formal event. I'm sure they can afford a little shirt even if no tie, but something more formal for the boy!

You've got me intrigued Roxsteve. How many baby strollers exactly are we talking about? I agree about Christian clothes though. I get everyone's opinion that he's just a toddler and should be dressed informal. I get that, on ordinary days it would be right, but please not on things like christenings or weddings. Surely they sell clothes in Denmark that are comfortable and a bit more formal that these kind of shirts. Not a tie but something a bit nicer and more formal. I though Cristian didn't fit in the picture with his parents, them looking so nice and he looking so normal. It's like they went to pick him up last minute at daycare and didn't have time to change his clothes. I sure hope he will be dressed somewhat different at his sisters christening.

Last edited:
I though Cristian didn't fit in the picture with his parents, them looking so nice and he looking so normal. It's like they went to pick him up last minute at daycare and didn't have time to change his clothes. I sure hope he will be dressed somewhat different at his sisters christening.

I thought that too, he did look a little underdressed for such an occasion. I'm sure they will make more of an effort to dress him appropriately for the Christening. :neutral:

I simple said that Christian should be dress according to the occasion, he doesn't need to wear a tie and he doesn't need to look like a mini boy, that is awful!!!!! He needs to be confortable but there are many kind of clothes that are beautiful and confortable. Just because he is a 19 year old baby it doesn't mean that their parents don't dress him according to the occasion! This time little Christian doesn't fit the event it is impressive that Mary looks so elegant and his little son looks so ordinary for the event! And to me this doesn't show any respect for the event! Do you remember how Mary dreesed little Christian to his Granny birthday apperance balcony a year ago?

I don't understand the reservations about Christian's clothes - not one bit. As is clearly shown on the pictures at the Royal Danish Watchers blog - Danish Royal Watchers - he was dressed in a nice jacket. If the weather got hot and his parents removed his jacket - so what for crying out loud! He's a kid - he probably just had his picure taken and then joined some other kids at a playroom while the grownups had lunch or dinner!

I agree completely. He's just a toddler ; let him be that, and comfortable :flowers:
No! He can be confortable and well dressed and according to the ocassion, this time Mary has a very negative point people!

Do you remember how Mary dreesed little Christian to his Granny birthday apperance balcony a year ago?
Yes it was lovely - cute and adorable. My sisters and I agreed that had any of us had a little boy we would have loved to dress him in the same outfit. Very appropriate for the changeable Danish April weather too.:)
Frederik and Mary really know how to dress him in a way that most Danes would probably like to dress their kids.

No! He can be confortable and well dressed and according to the ocassion, this time Mary has a very negative point people!
No biboquinhas - they dress him just right - cute for the occasion - his little jacket - and appropriate for the subsequent playtime he no doubt had.

But please tell me - do you know for a fact that Mary alone decides what her and Frederik's children wear??

Last edited by a moderator:
I think Mary should have her own oppinion and maybe if she decides to dress him other way she will! To me the little boy was to casual for the occassion, they are confortable clothes that could suit mucht better this special ocassion! I think he was to ordinary like he had spend a day in school and just because he is a kid is not an excuse to me!Of course he will be playing with some other kids some has I said before he could be dress in a mucht more confortable way but suitable for the ocassion.

I don't understand what all the fuss is about over Christian's clothing. I mean, he's a happy and healthy little boy. He's got years ahead of him where he'll have to dress formal.

I don't understand what all the fuss is about over Christian's clothing. I mean, he's a happy and healthy little boy. He's got years ahead of him where he'll have to dress formal.

It's all about people having their own point of view and being able to put that point across without being shouted down. :flowers: I, like many others happen to think the shirt was too casual, (IMO)

This is a new development -- fashionista critics for a child less than 2 years old, and a boy, to boot!

No offense meant, but isn't there something else we can talk about?

This thread has now reached 10 pages, so it is time to close. The new thread can be found here.

Thanks for posting, and see you in the next thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom