General News about the Danish Royal Family Part 3: November 2015 - August 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Last edited:
Reactions: eya
Thanks, Polyesco :flowers:

Yes, both QMII and Frederik are very well versed in the history and exploration of Greenland, where the Polar explorer, Knud Rasmussen played a dominant role, also in regards to understanding the Greenlandic culture.

As you know the Sirius Patrol use sleigh dogs in contrast to other similar units operating in the Arctic.
If a snow mobile breaks down, you are in trouble! - If one dog breaks down, you just continue with rest of the pack.
Snowmobiles don't warn against polar bears...
Snowmobiles are thirsty, fuel wise! - It's easier to carry food for the dogs and if need be shoot a seal or two. You can't feed a seal to a snow mobile...
And finally you can't eat a snowmobile. You can always shoot and eat a dog.

The Sirius Patrol still use bolt action rifles. They work in conditions where semi-automatics are unreliable.

But back to Knud Rasmussen. Frederik deals with the more practical elements of exploring Greenland, while QMII in her usual style deals with history and culture.
Frederik: "There are countless examples that you o such expeditions had to eat the dogs in order to survive. Without sleigh-dogs, no expeditions and no discoveries".

Knud Rasmussen started his explorations back in 1902.
QMII: "He must have blossomed like a flower". QMII's grandfather, Christian X, supported Knud Rasmussen personally on several occasions.
In fact despite being father of three and with a wife back in DK, Knud Rasmussen fathered a son in Greenland. QMII explains: "In these small communities both in Greenland and in Canada, which back then were so immensely isolated, well, it was obvious that the risk of serious inbreeding was big, because it become cousin-marriages time after time after time.
When strange people came... then you could give them the the opportunity for a warm and cozy night with one of the local ladies. And that was perfectly acceptable, even though it was probably not something they spoke to much about when they came back to Denmark after the expeditions. But that was simply a part of life up there. At the same time it was a chance for some -homely coziness-. But not least that new blood was introduced to a population that lived endlessly isolated".

Ready to cuteness overload? :wub: :wub:
(At least for us who love dogs..)

The Danish Royal Family has just posted this video on their Instagram:

"The Crown Prince family's new puppy Grace played today at Amalienborg with H.R.H. Prince Henrik's dog, Tillias, eight new puppies. Puppy life at Amalienborg.
Kongehuset ©"

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYN4R0xA0Yp/?taken-by=detdanskekongehus

What a great photo,isn't Prince Henrik recuperating at the Fredensborg?

It's a lovely photo and yes, Prince Henrik is recuperating at Fredensborg. I have to say, the mother of 8 is looking very unbothered by the whole thing!

:previous: Yes, dachshunds can have a very aloof demeanor about them. ?

So QMII made it back to Fredensborg for a quick visit. She's been very busy these few days! In Aarhus. Giving interview about Aarhus. As usual her observations are sharp, to the point and more in tune with the public opinion than I dare say many from the media... And the art world... Oh yes, she was in terrific shape! :D
There is nothing wrong with her mind!
Like when she skewered a journalist who made the mistake of saying that the spelling of the city of Aarhus as Århus, is "old-fashioned". It isn't, Aarhus was spelled like this until the letter Å was introduced in the Danish language in 1947 or so.

She was also in the town of Hillerød today, but that's not far from Fredensborg, or Dannebrog...

Perhaps it's Mary who took the photo? As you know she recently published a photo of Grace in Fredensborg Palace Park. Perhaps in connection with having a look at PH'd dachshund and her puppies?

That's what I love about your Queen - she takes no prisoners! Do you have link to any interview she gave in Aarhus? :flowers:

I also echo that statement Ms. Librarian, our Queen Daisy is as sharp as a tack and goes forth regardless of whom gets in her way. What a general she would of made besides being queen. Just a marvelous lady indeed!:flowers:

That's what I love about your Queen - she takes no prisoners! Do you have link to any interview she gave in Aarhus? :flowers:

I sure do: https://www.tv2ostjylland.dk/artikel/dronningen-om-spraymalet-park-ikke-den-mest-fikse-loesning
In this clip she's "destroying" an "art-work" in Aarhus. No doubt to the great delight of the locals, who mainly hated the "work"!

https://www.tv2ostjylland.dk/artikel/dronning-margrethe-dobbelt-ser-godt-ud-til-aarhus
In this she's talking about Aarhus in more general terms, emphasizing hers and Frederik's affiliation to the city.

- I will not go into details about what she said, because that would require some very looong explanations in order for you to understand what she's talking about.

"Sunday at Fredensborg Castle. �� Kongehuset ©"

The Grandparents with the grandchildren and the eight puppies!!!

https://www.instagram.com/p/BYTZyuBAcNc/?taken-by=detdanskekongehus

What a wonderful picture of the regent couple and their grandchildren :wub:
Christian, Bella, Vincent and Josephine carry the little puppies beautifully.
I have the impression that the Crown Prince family has spent most of their recent weekends at the Kancelli House and at Fredensborg Castle with grandfather and grandmother.
Lovely.

Added:
We have been enriched with lots of pictures of F&M's children over the past months this summer. Both at Instagram, the official summer photography and not least the Crown Prince family's summer tour around Denmark. Nice! I have enjoyed them. Now there is a long fall where they live their private lives and we do not see that much to them.

Last edited:
Its a very sweet picture but still ... looks like some damage control for Grandpa Henrik ?

A nice reflection of these last summer days, spent with the grandparents... I don't think it was Mary who took the photo though. Her instagram photos always specify it was the "kronprinsessen" who holds the credits ?

Oh, what a cute photo! I love how there's a puppy for everyone to hold.

The DRF are soon to be represented at a funeral. The close friend of the DRF, Peter Zobel, died today.
He belonged to the circle of friends around the Regent Couple, so I think it's safe to predict that at least QMII will attend his funeral. Actually he was a very close friend of PH.
He died from a lung disease, KOL (I'm not sure what the English term is, COPD?)
Peter Zobel was 81.
He leaves behind a widow and five children.

The Zobel family are also acquainted with certainly M&F, and perhaps to lesser degree J&M.

https://www.bt.dk/danmark/peter-zobel-er-doed

The Regent Couple have reached the age, where friends die away.

Last edited:
Wasn't there a story a couple of years ago about Mary being at a party where one of Zobel's daughters used cocaine?

Wasn't there a story a couple of years ago about Mary being at a party where one of Zobel's daughters used cocaine?

It was. It was Rigmor Zobel, who BTW was pretty unrepentant.
That was one of the very occasions when Mary got some heat.
It must have been eight-nine years ago I think.

Rigmor Zobel was under investigation by the police for being involved in selling cocaine, more or less on behalf of her boyfriend. (Rigmor Zobel's circle of friends would constitute an attractive market I imagine.)
Rigmor Zobel went public protesting her innocence, she only lacked a halo and angel-wings in fact, despite evidence to the contrary. At around the same Mary hosted (IIRC) a get-together of some sort and Rigmor Zobel was present. That caused a good deal of criticism of Mary. Fortunately for her, her public credit was so high already back then, that it was no more than a dent in the fender.
Had Rigmor Zobel been repentant and said she'd made a huge mistake, Mary could have been seen to support a friend who had made some bad choices.
Frederik was abroad at the time, otherwise I don't think Mary would have made that error and Rigmor Zobel would quietly have been omitted from the guest list.
QMII later in an interview to BB admitted they had discussed the matter within the DRF.

Most families have their black sheep. In the Zobel family that appears to be Rigmor Zobel.

Last edited:
At around the same Mary hosted (IIRC) a get-together of some sort and Rigmor Zobel was present.

Frederik was abroad at the time, otherwise I don't think Mary would have made that error and Rigmor Zobel would quietly have been omitted from the guest list.
I remember it was someones birthday dinner at a restaurant that Mary was invited to and attended. This Rigmor was also invited or she came along with her sister who was also there.

Thanks Muhler & Nordic! :flowers:

Indeed one of the very few times there's been criticism of Mary. The Danes do really treasure their royals!

The Funeral of Peter Zobel is starting as this is posted and as expected the DRF is attending. So far by Benedikte and her daughter.
Peter Zobel was a close friend in particular of of PH and Prince Richard.

Keep an eye on BT to see if more DRF members show up: https://www.bt.dk/danmark/familie-og-venner-stroemmer-til-kirken-nu-skal-peter-zobel-bisaettes

----------------------

Update: A nice surprise PH is also attending the funeral of his close friend, together with Frederik: https://www.bt.dk/danmark/kongelig-...ik-deltager-i-vennen-peter-zobels-bisaettelse

ADDED: More from BB: Den kongelige familie sagde farvel til Peter Zobel | BILLED-BLADET

The conservative newspaper Berlingske has listed the 100 wealthiest families in DK. They are on the list represented by the head of the family business.
Se listen: Her er Danmarks rigeste 2017 | Berlingske Business

The tabloid BT (they belong to the same publishing house BTW) have had a closer look at the list. That's fairly uninteresting to most here, but I have had a look at the names and many are very discreet and some are very close to the DRF.
https://www.bt.dk/danmark/milliarderne-ruller-derfor-er-der-flest-jyder-blandt-danmarks-rigeste
Among the top ten families listed in the link above are:
Kirk Johansen, who owns Lego. They are close to the DRF, perhaps in particular Joachim, but also Frederik.

Lars Larsen, who owns Jysk, has become closer to Frederik due to their common interest in golf (Mary plays golf often too BTW, but where and when seems to be a well guarded thing). Frederik has on several occasions help promote an international golf tournament in DK, which Lars Larsen is the mastermind behind.

Hanni Kasprzak, who heads the Ecco shoes family. At least has been close to Joachim, and is still close to Alexandra. She supports Ecco events.

The Clausen family, who own Danfoss, are very close to Joachim. especially due to their common affiliation to Southern Jutland.

The Mærsk family. Mærsk McKinney Møller, was very close to the Regent Couple. After his death the family are still in the inner circle around the Regent Couple.

Further down are three names that have entered the list. And among them are Johan Wedell-Wedellsborg. Very close to Joachim but also M&F. The Wedell family is as most of you know by now, omnipresent in regards to the DRF.

If we look at the total list, we find at #30, Christian Stadil. He is close to Alexandra. And indeed after the sale at her house she is now renting a very large apartment owned by Stadil. - And no doubt at a favorable rent.

The families de Linde and Holstein-Holsteinsborg are established noble families, who at least to some extent have had or have some association with the DRF.

Most of the names would be totally unknown to most Danes. Discretion is a virtue when money is simply something you have.
I would not be the least surprised if the DRF, and again very much Joachim, are close to several more names on the list. I'm simply unaware of it.

While the wealthiest families do not necessarily rub shoulders many of them know each other at least professionally and since Joachim is close to some of the most wealthy and influential, he does have connections. So unless he is very irresponsible I think his fortune is secure and the inheritance of his children is secure. And career-wise his children may very well find their future jobs in companies owned by the people listed here.
It happens that the DRF borrow a company jet when they want to go somewhere very discreetly or borrow a yacht.
On the other hand when the DRF is abroad somewhere they inevitably help promote Danish businesses, many of them owned by the people listed here.

There have been some critical voices expressing concern about the DRF being involved with some of the most powerful business-families in DK. (The DRF tend to avoid rubbing shoulders with politicians privately). But there is very little concern among the general public. The DRF help promoting Danish businesses, which is good for the export, which again creates jobs and generate income to the state.
DK is after all a very old merchant nation and as such there is a good deal of "trader of used-horses mentality" ingrained in us. So while it's my impression that say the BRF wouldn't be able to do the same, it's generally accepted in DK. - That's how the system works. - Not least the further west in DK you go; You paint my garage, I give you half a pig for the freezer. Receipts? What's that? :D

Last edited:
:previous:
I grew up remembering when a handshake meant your word.....that was taught to me by my grandmother and has stayed with me like manners. In today's society I find that is a thing of the past...I prefer the past way of living...and sometimes when I say Thank You to someone they look at me like I am an alien......maybe I am living in this day and age....:lol::lol:

A handshake is still very much valid here in rural Jutland. - But eeh... just remember that when you buy a car here, the engine might be considered an accessory... :D
Thank you has fortunately become fashionable again here in DK.

The website Royal Central has an article about King Constantine of Greece opening a conference. Apparently he had quite a bit of difficulty, and Anne-Marie had to finish reading his speech for him. I knew he looked very frail at the funeral of Benedikte's husband, but I was not aware that he had a stroke last year. He always seems to be such a good natured man.

royalcentral.co.uk

ETA: I watched the video, and it is very sad and disturbing.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom