General News about the Danish Royal Family Part 3: November 2015 - August 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It seems to be very cold weather at the moment, but how lovely to see Prince Henrik with his two eldest grandsons from Prince Joachim's first marriage together as well as his little granddaughter. I'm sure they had a good time if it's not inappropriate to say that about observing a hunt!

It's pretty cold, we are expecting snow tonight and later in the week.

It's not inappropriate, because it's not a hunt, the most correct translation in this context would be a chase. The DK word "jagt" means hunt, but it can also mean a chase.

In fact the field of riders chase two front-riders who have fox-tails attached to their coats and that's about as close to a real hunt it comes.
As far as I know chasing foxes and hares with hounds and horses has never been used here in DK, certainly not to an extent worth mentioning.
Dogs have been used to chase the foxes (and badgers) out of the borrows for them to be shot, but they were not killed by the dogs.

A BB report: http://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...prinsesse-athena-hyggede-sig-med-sine-broedre

The whole thing lasted an hour and a half and being the only girl, mademoiselle Athena attracted most attention.

BB will upload a video later.

The BB video: SE VIDEOEN: Prinsesse Athena gjorde lykke med snurretop-dans | BILLED-BLADET

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks Eya & Iceflower :flowers:

And mademoiselle Athena handles the whole thing with typical aloofness, that befits a young lady who is used to having three brothers and a dad dancing around her. :p

But Athena didn't get all the attention...

According to this BB article: Vilde med prins Nikolai i Dyrehaven | BILLED-BLADET
Girls - of all ages - noticed Nikolai as well...

Reactions: eya
Summary of a Q&A in Billed Bladet #46, 2016.

Where a Jane Jessen would like to know whether QMII has ever had cats.

Jon Bloch Skipper replies that QMII and her sisters were presented with three kittens by Winston Churchill during a visit to Fredensborg. (That must have been 1950-1955 I believe).
The kittens were named Winston, Churchill and Clementine. (Wasn't WC a widower after WWII?)
However, they were quickly disposed of, because Queen Ingrid did not approve of pets.

It was actually not until 1970, when PH convinced QMII that they get a dog, that QMII became a devoted dog-owner.

- There are a number of dogs at Berleburg, so Benedikte is familiar with dogs. But I don't think she has dogs as domestic pets. She's more into horses.
As for Queen Anne-Marie I don't know. But her children certainly have dogs.

Summary of a Q&A in Billed Bladet #46, 2016.

Where a Jane Jessen would like to know whether QMII has ever had cats.

Jon Bloch Skipper replies that QMII and her sisters were presented with three kittens by Winston Churchill during a visit to Fredensborg. (That must have been 1950-1955 I believe).
The kittens were named Winston, Churchill and Clementine. (Wasn't WC a widower after WWII?)
However, they were quickly disposed of, because Queen Ingrid did not approve of pets.

It was actually not until 1970, when PH convinced QMII that they get a dog, that QMII became a devoted dog-owner.

- There are a number of dogs at Berleburg, so Benedikte is familiar with dogs. But I don't think she has dogs as domestic pets. She's more into horses.
As for Queen Anne-Marie I don't know. But her children certainly have dogs.

Winston Churchill's wife Clementine died in 1977, so she outlived her husband, who died in 1965.
Those are actually quite cute names for kittens though! I believe Margrethe spent some time here in England during the war, but correct me if I'm wrong.

Why was Queen Ingrid opposed to pets? That's interesting because most royals usually have at least one pet. Perhaps she just wasn't an an animal person.

Thanks. :)

QMII studied in UK when she was in her 20's. That's where she met PH. - He didn't impress her much the first time though... She did however!
QMII was born in 1940, so she didn't go to UK for the first time until at least some time after WWII.

But she had an English nanny and I guess this is where she has her "English-English accent".

As for Queen Ingrid. I don't know. My guess is that she wasn't an animal-person.
I don't think Frederik IX was an animal-person as such either. - Except perhaps being fond of Lommelærker... = pocket-larks = hipflasks. ;):p
He certainly owned an Ølhund... = beer-dog = being very fond of beer. :whistling:

That must be enough bad jokes for one night. :D

:previous: You're welcome Muhler.
Thank you for the confirmation on Margrethe's time in England. Ah yes, I remember now that she was born in the war so I guess your thanks also goes to refreshing my memory! For some reason I'd always got it in my head that she moved to Windsor Castle during the war, but I think I'm muddling up a few different royals with her on that one.

Haha, it took me a while to get that joke but when I got it, I had my first laugh of the day! :lol:

There has been a ruling in the Se & Hør scandal and the sentences has been handed out.
They are IMO as mild as it is at all possible. But that is typical for the press, they are allowed to get away to almost get away with murder.
Fakta: Her er dommene i Se og Hør-sagen - Politi og retsvæsen - Indland

The source, Peter Bo Henriksen, who supplied the information, got 1½ in prison.
Henrik Qvortrup, under whose leadership it all started, got 1 year 3 months. He is to serve 3 months, the rest is suspended on the condition that he performs 200 hours of community service.
Kim Henningsen, under whose leadership to co-operation with source continued, got 1 year. Suspended under the condition he does 200 hours of community service.
Per Ingdal, an interim editor in chied was aquitted.
The two journalists who handled the source, each got 6 month suspended prison on the condition of 120 hours of community service.
Aller publishing house was fined 10 million DKK.

Se og Hør-sagen: Det betyder straffen for de dømte - TV 2
Dom i Se og Hør-sagen: Henrik Qvortrup skal i fængsel - TV 2

Well, at least Aller, and the editors involved may face civil lawsuits. We can only hope.
So far one of those sentenced today (the source) has appealed to the regional court. - It's a gamble. AT best they can be acquitted, at worst they can get a more severe sentence.

ADDED: There have already been consequences for Henrik Qvortrup. He is being sacked from his current job (as a journalist) as a result of being found guilty.

Last edited:
There has been a ruling in the Se & Hør scandal and the sentences has been handed out.
They are IMO as mild as it is at all possible. But that is typical for the press, they are allowed to get away to almost get away with murder.
Fakta: Her er dommene i Se og Hør-sagen - Politi og retsvæsen - Indland

The source, Peter Bo Henriksen, who supplied the information, got 1½ in prison.
Henrik Qvortrup, under whose leadership it all started, got 1 year 3 months. He is to serve 3 months, the rest is suspended on the condition that he performs 200 hours of community service.
Kim Henningsen, under whose leadership to co-operation with source continued, got 1 year. Suspended under the condition he does 200 hours of community service.
Per Ingdal, an interim editor in chied was aquitted.
The two journalists who handled the source, each got 6 month suspended prison on the condition of 120 hours of community service.
Aller publishing house was fined 10 million DKK.

Se og Hør-sagen: Det betyder straffen for de dømte - TV 2
Dom i Se og Hør-sagen: Henrik Qvortrup skal i fængsel - TV 2

Well, at least Aller, and the editors involved may face civil lawsuits. We can only hope.
So far one of those sentenced today (the source) has appealed to the regional court. - It's a gamble. AT best they can be acquitted, at worst they can get a more severe sentence.

ADDED: There have already been consequences for Henrik Qvortrup. He is being sacked from his current job (as a journalist) as a result of being found guilty.

The punishments do seem to be no more than "slaps on the wrists". I hope that Aller and the editors do have civil lawsuits filed against them.
The one ray of hope is like Henrik Qvortrup these people are done in journalism, at least big journalism as a result of all of these actions.

Prins Henrik i Italien med Joachim og Marie | BILLED-BLADET

An Italian newspaper reports that PH and Joachim and our Marie visited Naples last week.
Here they were seen visiting a cathedral and dining at restaurant Lo Smeraldino.

The court confirms that the three of them were privately in Italy and that's why they didn't join the rest of the DRF to the premiere of the Nutcracker.

:previous: nice. I was wondering where they were. A small vacation to Italy, maybe Christmas shopping? ;)

Or perhaps trying to prevent PH from ordering a new Nativity scene, this time perhaps with him as the (somewhat large) baby Jesus. :p

And he does have a tendency for roaming around Italy as the king of Denmark you know...

Or perhaps trying to prevent PH from ordering a new Nativity scene, this time perhaps with him as the (somewhat large) baby Jesus. :p

And he does have a tendency for roaming around Italy as the king of Denmark you know...

:lol::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: thank you for reminding me LOL.

BB has compiled a list of family events in the DRF in 2017.

The Regent Couple will celebrate their golden anniversary. They were married 10th June 1967.
But there will be no official, i.e. public celebrations.

Crown Prince Pavlos will turn 50 on 20th May.

Count Jefferson von Pfeil und Klein-Ellguth will also turn 50, on 12th July.

The family will gather at Gråsten as usual.

There will be a summer cruise with Dannebrog, but no details are as yet released.

The Mary Foundation will celebrate its 10th anniversary.

Isabella will turn 10 on 21st April.

Vincent and Josephine will start in school in August. It is very much assumed they will attend the same school as their older siblings.

M&F are expected to head a large commerce offensive abroad, like the one they did to USA this year. But so far there are no details.

Nikolai will turn 18 on 22nd July. And that means he will sign the pledge to obey the Constitution and that he can now be a Rigsforstander.

Felix will be confirmed sometime this spring. That is likely to take place in Fredensborg Palace church.

Joachim as patron for Care usually go for a trip abroad every two years, so in 2017 he is expected to embark on such a trip.

But there are also events abroad the DRF are expected to attend.

King Harald will turn 80 in February. And five months later Queen Sonja will also turn 80.

Queen Paola will turn 80 in September.

King Willem-Alexander turns 50 in April.

Crown Princess Victoria turns 40 in July.

Here is this weeks BB:
BB52, 2016
There is very little news, alas.
https://app.box.com/s/om42hxsoh6q5ac54jmi3e6khjp1gu5jn

The have mixded the birthdays of Nikolai and Felix. Nikola's 18th birthay will be on 28. August. 22. July is Felix birthday. Will he also get the order of the Elephant then?
Will there really no public celebration at all for the Golden Wedding. Not even a Balcony appearance or a concert

Last edited by a moderator:
Tv-baronessens far er blevet begravet: De kongelige var på plads i kirken | BT Danmark - www.bt.dk

Today, Joachim & Marie as well as Benedikte took part in the funeral of Caroline Fleming's father, Baron Niels Iuel-Brockdorff.
The Brockdorff family reside at Valdemar Manor, which is well-known to the DRF.

did frederik and mary not attend? since we have seen mary and caroline a lot together in the past and since mary is godmother to one of caroline's kids, i thought F&M were closer to her than J&M

did frederik and mary not attend? since we have seen mary and caroline a lot together in the past and since mary is godmother to one of caroline's kids, i thought F&M were closer to her than J&M

Frederik had an event today in Copenhagen. I dont blame Mary if she opted to stay with their kids, its been a very busy week for F&M. :flowers:
we have also seen Joachim and Marie go to a birthday party for Caroline, maybe they are close as well.

Last edited:

No, I guess the DRF was represented by Benedikte and J&M.

If i'm not make mistake Princess Marie is also godmother of the Caroline's son.

Have we really seen Mary and Caroline Fleming a lot together in the past?

Good question.

And I'm not sure Caroline Fleming's later antics in the tabloids are that palatable to M&F. In the sense that they tend to be very careful with whom they let into their inner circle of friends.

Yes.

Frederik had an event today in Copenhagen. I dont blame Mary if she opted to stay with their kids, its been a very busy week for F&M. :flowers:
we have also seen Joachim and Marie go to a birthday party for Caroline, maybe they are close as well.

Imo, thats a bit of a disappointment on Mary's behalf. Yes Mary has had a busy week but thats her duty, Caroline is a close friend. Attending her fathers funeral would be ideal.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #05, 2017.
Written by the Ulrik Ulriksen.

Mary and our Marie's b-days are coming up, so it's time for the annual comparisons of the two ladies.

BB has compared the two and most of the article is pretty uninteresting, but there is a good deal of comparing their styles - but that I'll leave in more competent hands than mine.
And two sed-cards.

Now I will translate the individual items written in bold, but the details you should be able to figure out yourself. - Otherwise just ask. :)

Fødested = Place of birth.
Pigenavn = Maiden name.
Alder = Age.
Højde = Height.
Øjenfarve = Eye-color.
Hårfarve = Hair-color.
Skostørrelse = Shoe-size.
Gift med = Married to.
Børn = Children.
Forældre = Parents.
Søskende = Siblings.
Yndlingssport = Favorite sport.
Seneste civile job i Australien/Schweitz = Latest civilian job in Australia/Switzerland.
Grunduddannelse = School and high school.
Videregående uddannelse = University education.
Stjernetegn = Star sign.
Primært fokus = Primary area of focus as princess.
Militær karriere/karriere i Bredskabsstyrelsen = Military career/career in the Civil Defense.
Talte sprog = Spoken languages.
Privat adresse = Home address.
Danske yndlingsdesignere = Danish favorit designers.
- See, interest in royalty leads to learning new languages. Ain't royalty-interest great? :graduate:

See here:
Mary's sed-card
Marie's sed-card

And the rest of the article:
https://app.box.com/s/7jan7c9jddjy4kega30vw15lkspf8p07
https://app.box.com/s/x1604io6lsry5a0brzjcg4a7xc87pabo
https://app.box.com/s/spuqsd1jycobb8qk34jvby3eseg4kkzt
https://app.box.com/s/n69yhxdqs071zd9d4q493h4p3v1w9gvh
https://app.box.com/s/mnc9htesfddgrvd3ws5s07aly8frwosy
https://app.box.com/s/1bna0gdolzdl6wtu2x1ld2cvehwwmw5v

Status
Not open for further replies.