General News about the Danish Royal Family Part 3: November 2015 - August 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mang Tak Muhler and Faster B. I would like to see publishing houses receive many many more heavy sentences for totally made up rubbish that malignes a person. Such as celebrities or just decent folk.
I hate the way the media gets away with so much slanderous content. Especially as there are plenty of naive people in this world like my mother. If it is in Print then she believes it must be true!

Article on the sentences: http://www.bt.dk/politik/aller-faar-millionboede-efter-se-og-hoer-skandalen-tidligere-chefer-faar-betinget-

The comments are trickling in.

Because this is a case without precedence in press-history, both in regards to scale and how it was organized.
So the sentences of two junior editors are an indication of the sentences that will be handed out to those who are more deeply involved. - I.e. prison, and not suspended.

Aller publishing house are pretty relieved and accept the sentence of a fine of ten million.
One of thee editors accepted the sentence on the spot.
The other has asked for time to consider whether to appeal.

But that means the confessions from the two editors are now a factor in the process against the other involved. Because they can now be called in as witnesses and as such are obliged to tell the whole truth, and since they have already been given a sentence, they have nothing to lose...

Muhler, I must have missed this...what is the scandal here?(although with such a publication, I can guess...!:bang:

Muhler, I must have missed this...what is the scandal here?(although with such a publication, I can guess...!:bang:

I haven't got time to summarize now.

But it emerged some two years ago now. The wheels of justice turn slowly you know!
You can find much more in-depth info by me, in the archived generals Danish royal family threads. - Just do a search for Se & Hør. :)

I haven't got time to summarize now.

But it emerged some two years ago now. The wheels of justice turn slowly you know!
You can find much more in-depth info by me, in the archived generals Danish royal family threads. - Just do a search for Se & Hør. :)

will do, thanks!:flowers:

And we have a new study - which say the same as every else of these studies the recent years.
Mere end hver tredje dansker vil af med Margrethe - MX.dk

More than two in three Danes (66 %) would like Queen Margrethe to abdicates as head of the Danish Royal family within the next year. And let Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary take over.

The study is based on interviews with more than thousands presentatively selected Danish people aged 18-74 years from YouGov panel during the period 19 to 22 August 2016.

The "experts" see the study as a praise to the Queen - she have done well - and now that Prince Henrik have retired, she deserves to retire and relax as well.

The experts also see it as a kudos to the Crown Prince couple. The Danes are more than ready to let CP Frederik and CP Mary come to the throne. And the Danes have been that the last 5 years. The Crown Prince couple are ready, popular and has already taken over many of the Queen's tasks.

We see these studies all the time. And they speak for themselves. The Danes are ready to have a generational change. I more and more tense to think it might be a good idea with a new tradition. That said, I do not think it's going to happen. And yet .. There is some stuff going on in the DRF these years which does that I don't think it's unlikely anymore.

I have very mixed feelings about this, (and of course it's none of my business as I'm not Danish.) I can see the attraction in having a youngish active, fit and popular couple on the throne. But, does everything have to incorporate 'generational change'? Can't Queen Margrethe go if and when she's ready to go? Personally, if I'd worked hard as my country's constitutional monarch for decades only to be told at the end, 'Yes, you've done very well, but now you're old and we'd really like someone younger, thanks." I would be very, very hurt. And that's what it comes down to, doesn't it?

Can't Queen Margrethe go if and when she's ready to go? Personally, if I'd worked hard as my country's constitutional monarch for decades only to be told at the end, 'Yes, you've done very well, but now you're old and we'd really like someone younger, thanks."

I doubt that the only reason for wanting Frederik and Mary to take over is that they are younger ;) If they weren't doing a good job, being younger would hardly be enough, I think.

These polls are really pointless anyway. Queen M has made it clear that she is not going to abdicate, but surely she can only be happy to see, that so many Danes think the CPC is ready to take over?

Last edited:
Why are they pointless?
I really think out of all monarchs especially Queen Margrethe has no right to ignore the people's choice/wish. She only ascended the throne because there was a break with tradition and a majority of the Danes wanted her and not her uncle on the throne. People were ready for a change in 1953 and dropped the idea of "male sucession only". And obviously they are ready now for another change by dropping the idea of "reigning until death".
As long as the results are like in this poll (37% for abdication, 20% undecided and 40% against) she still has the majority on her side and doesn't really have to react. But once a majority wants her to abdicate her refusal to do so would be problematic since the Danes always declare that their monarchy is based on a democratic decision.

I have very mixed feelings about this, (and of course it's none of my business as I'm not Danish.) I can see the attraction in having a youngish active, fit and popular couple on the throne. But, does everything have to incorporate 'generational change'? Can't Queen Margrethe go if and when she's ready to go? Personally, if I'd worked hard as my country's constitutional monarch for decades only to be told at the end, 'Yes, you've done very well, but now you're old and we'd really like someone younger, thanks." I would be very, very hurt. And that's what it comes down to, doesn't it?

From a personal point of view, perhaps. But from a dynastic point of view it must be a tremendous relief that the next generation is ready and accepted.
In contrast to another member of the DRF I could mention, QMII has always put the interests of her country and dynasty before herself.
And the fact that so many express their total satisfaction with her is a big compliment. - Not least in these youth-fixated times we live in.

In many ways M&F being seen as ready to take over now, is also a compliment to QMII. She has done a good job in preparing M&F.

The person may feel hurt, but when QMII takes her seat among her ancestors, she can do so, knowing she won't be the last in the dynasty and that she has done everything to ensure the continuation of the dynasty.

I doubt that the only reason for wanting Frederik and Mary to take over is that they are younger ;) If they weren't doing a good job, being younger would hardly be enough, I think.

These polls are really pointless anyway. Queen M has made it clear that she is not going to abdicate, but surely she can only be happy to see, that so many Danes think the CPC is ready to take over?

You nailed it I think.
It would be terrible if poll after poll showed that people were reluctant about M&F taking over.

Here is a very charming video with QMII, where she first talks about sailors outfits and coats worn by Joachim and Frederik in the early 1970's. https://www.facebook.com/kosa.dk/videos/1076990052367330/

Then she talks about pieces of jewellery.
(And there is a typical QMII reaction when the clock chimes) :lol:

The video is subtitled, and while I could write a more detailed summary, I think you should be able to understand most of what is going on. - If not, just say so. :)
I'm actually very interested in learning how much you do understand.

Last edited:
I don't understand. Muhler, where is the video! :)

Unfortunately it doesn't seem to want to play on my little I-pad, which is a shame. Never mind.

The trial regarding the Se & Hør scandal has started in earnest today.
The trial is scheduled to last 20 days and will end in November.

Here is a list of those whom the prosecutor claims to prove to have had their credit card info, and as such their whereabouts as well.
Se listen af kongelige og kendte: Mindst 114 blev overvåget i Se og Hør-sagen - TV 2

The six persons who are left and who have pleaded not guilty are:

The source at Nets, who provided the very confidential info: Peter Bo Henriksen.

The former Se & Hør journalist who blew the whistle (basically to get even at his former employer): Ken B Rasmussen.
Another journalist who also handled the direct contact to the source: Kasper Kopping.
Former editor in chief, Henrik Qvortrup. Under whom the whole thing started.
The next editor in chief, Kim Henningsen. Under whose leadership, the source was by no means left unemployed!
Another editor in chief, Per Ingdal, was an temporary editor in chief, until Kim Henningsen took over from Henrik Qvortrup.

Today the source, Peter Bo Henriksen, declined to speak in court.

- Things are looking pretty bleak for those accused!
Aller press the publishing house has confessed to illegal actions taking place and has been fined.
Two former junior editors have also pleaded guilty and got a suspended prison sentence.
They are now free to testify against those accused.

The key-point is: Criminal intent.
I.e. did the accused know or ought they have known that the information they seeked and received were obtained illegally?
Well, as said before it doesn't look good!
The source and the two journalists are IMO guaranteed to be found guilty.
Two former editors in chief are (also IMO) in big trouble!
The final editor might just get off the hook with a big rap over the knuckles.

Last edited:
The trial continues. Tys-tys-kilde fik 20.000 for tip om kongelig bryllupsrejse

Yesterday one of the two journalists who handled the direct control of the source at Nets that provided credit card info on royals and celebs using Visa or American express.
The journalist, Kasper Kopping, has pleaded not guilty. Instead he seems to base his defense on "acting under order".

It was Kasper Kopping who started the co-operation with the source, when Se & Hør was approached with concrete proof of where Joachim and Marie went on their honey moon - to Canada.
That was considered a scoop.

As such the source was invited in to visit Se & Hør and the then editor in chief, Henrik Qvortrup, met the source at the office. Gave him a reward for his tip for 20.000 DKK (in DK context a very large sum) and arranged that the source should provide details for other royals and celebs for a monthly fee of 10.000 DKK.

Neither Henrik Qvortrup, nor Kasper Kopping were interested in knowing exactly how the source obtained the information.
But they were certainly willing to accept it and a list of people was presented to the source for future use.
Most info was never really used, says Kasper Kopping. Some formed the basis for notes or articles though.

- This looks bad for Henrik Qvortrup in particular. As editor and journalist he ought to know that such info under Danish law is confidential and as such illegal to use. Not to mention a violation of the law on privacy. (It's the equivalent to someone else reading your credit card statement, without you knowing it).
That Kasper Kopping also should know that is another matter. He seems to base his defense as working under pressure in morally twisted environment and as such not saying no to his superior.

The Se & Hør trial continues.

Today one of the main characters was in the stand.
Henrik Qvortrup, the editor-in-chief under whom the credit card source started to supply info to the magazine and that continued until he got another job.

Henrik Qvortrup has been looking very much forward to tell his version.

In short that was:
The source wasn't really that important. Despite supplying info about more 130 people, including members of the DRF, and even the then PM.
He did approve of the source and even though he guessed the info supplied weren't "by the book" he didn't think it was criminal.
When presented with e-mails referring to the source suppliying credit card information, he claimed he couldn't remember it. There were several things he couldn't recall.

- So the question is: Should an editor-in-chief know that info about credit card transactions from more than 100 people, including very high ranking people, is likely to be illegally obtained? - Let alone to handle? - Should he know that he was dealing with a criminal? - And should he have known that the information basically was stolen goods?
According to Henrik Qvortrup, apparently not.

Ignorance is bliss, as we all know. Especially within the world of the media, it seems...

The Se & Hør case continues. (Very short summary).

Two former editors-in-chief were in the stand today.

Per Ingdal, who was higher up the rank and served as an interrim editor when Henrik Qvortrup left for another job, and Kim Henningsen who became the new editor and continued until the whole thing was exposed.

Per Ingdal claims he was not informed about the credit-card source.
However, had he known that the journalist who handled the source, Ken B Rasmussen, would have gone public with his knowledge, he said at court that he would have offered Ken B Rasmussen a raise in salary in order not to reveal his info.
As the prosecutor noted: You would have paid him to shut up?
Per Ingdal admitted so, since this would have been an embarrassing thing for the magazine - and of course Aller publishing house (and himself).

However, despite Per Ingdal claiming not to know the details about the credit card source he nevertheless received a mail from Kim Henningsen telling him about the problems with Ken B Rasmussen and and in that mail there is a very clear reference to Per Ingdal knowing about the source and that the source supplying Se & Hør with credit card transactions from PBS (PBS is the branch handling practically all credit card transactions in DK for all Danish banks. I.e. it can't get more clear that the info is very confidential indeed).
There was also a mail-reply from Per Ingdal to Ken Rasmussen advising him to formulate a communication stragtegy should Ken B Rasmussen go public - which he did. (I.e. prepare damage control).

When Kim Henningsen took the stand, he told the court that he officially stopped all co-operation with the source, but also admitted that it continued and that he no intention of stopping the co-operation anyway.

In 2011 he was ordered by Per Ingdal to stop the co-operation with the source. Still Kim Henningsen found the source to be so good that he overruled that order and instead instructed those few who were in the know to camouflage the information so that they could appear to come from other sources as seen from higher up in the publishing house.

He was asked whether he had considered the information obtained as legal.
He did consider it and believed the information obtained was legal, since the source had access to them...
And since the source and the information had been used during his predecessors he believed it must be okay to continue.

He also admitted that the responsibility was his alone.

He also claimed to suffer from problems remembering details, since he was treated with electro-chocks as a result from a depression he got after the affair was exposed.

A detail in the article mention that Frederik was pretty hostile against Se & Hør in 2011 for whatever reason - and it suggests that the DRF had basically put Se & Hør on ice. As such the source was important in regards to learning the whereabouts of the DRF.

Tiltalt i Se og Hør-sagen: Journalist skulle have haft lønforhøjelse for at tie - TV 2

Han afbrød officielt samarbejdet med Tys Tys-kilden - men fortsatte alligevel - TV 2

Per Ingdal claims he was not informed about the credit-card source.
However, had he known that the journalist who handled the source, Ken B Rasmussen, would have gone public with his knowledge, he said at court that he would have offered Ken B Rasmussen a raise in salary in order not to reveal his info.
Why the H*** would Per Ingdahl pay for something he didn´t know about? :ROFLMAO::whistling::ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
The Se & Hør trial continued Friday and it's looking more and more incrimination for the three editors in chief who have pleaded not guilty.

Tidligere chefredaktør om tys-tys-kilde: Det var fedt - Politi og retsvæsen - Indland
Se og Hør betalte kildes badmintontræning og Asien-tur - Politi og retsvæsen - Indland
Se og Hør-ansatte anså tys-tys-kilden som usædvanlig - Indland
Tidligere Se og Hør-chef: Det var forkert etisk, moralsk og juridisk - Politiken.dk
Økonomichef for Se og Hør: »Hvor langt skal vi gå?« - Politiken.dk

Let's sum up very briefly.
The three editors-in-chief, Henrik Qvortrup, Per Ingdal (interim) and Kim Henningsen have claimed that they sort of did know a little bit about the credit-card source, but not the details and it really wasn't that big a deal, and the source was hardly important and certainly not that unusual.

Friday, three witnesses for the prosecution were called in.
Two former junior editors, who pleaded guilty and now have received their sentences, Lise Bondesen and Kim Bretow.
And the former head of accountants higher up the Aller publishing house, Henrik Armbjørner.
- He was sacked after an internal investigation by Aller when the scandal was revealed.

The two junior editors said that not only did Henrik Qvortrup and Kim Henningsen know about the source, they were enthusiastic and considered the source very important indeed.
Per Ingdal, who was an interrim editor-in-chief and not that much physically present at Se & Hør, also knew about the source but was kept very much in dark about the details, for fear of him terminating the co-operation with the source.
When Kim Henningsen took over he continued the co-operation with the source, despite at one point being ordered from above to stop.

And this is where the former head of accountants come in.
Because the source received a fixed monthly income from Se & Hør, of 10.000 DKK a month - as the only source.
But in 2009 the refunds to journalists paying their sources with money was stopped by Aller.
The payment to the source now had to be camouflaged, not only from the management higher up in Aller, but also the IRS (taxes). So instead of money the source received a mixture of odd dinner, travels to Thailand paid and refunds for in one case at least tennis lessons and so on. An amount for at at least 430.000 DKK - which is a considerable sum in DK, especially tax-free! (it amounts to a full yearly income for a skilled employee, including vacation, pension and so on). - Not bad for an insignificant source, eh? :p
The head of accountants voiced his concern on several occasions to Kim Henningsen, but nevertheless continued covering up the expenses. Without telling the brass higher up. (Which IMO is no doubt the main reason why he was sacked).

-----------------

- So as I see it All three former editors-in-chief are in trouble! Per Ingdal, perhaps less so, but he did not put a permanent end to what went on and he was informed about the source, and he must have known the info was illegal - but it appears to me he did a see no evil, hear no evil, speak no evil.

Henrik Qvortrup is in trouble because as the intelligent man he is, he was fully responsible for hiring and using the source and for cracking down on any concerns voiced by those under him. He started the whole thing and put it into system.
Kim Henningsen is even more in trouble!. Because not only did he continue using the source, he may even have stepped up using the source. While at the same time ignoring an order from above to terminate the source and keeping what he did secret from his superiors.

The Se & Hør trial continued today.

And today it was the top-brass within Aller publishing house that were called in as witnesses.
They all claim they didn't know anything.
In fact they called the then editor-in-chief of Se & Hør, Henrik Qvortrup, in for a chat in 2007, on the background of a similar scandal in Norway. Where Se & Hør there used stolen details from bank accounts as basis for stories.
Henrik Qvortrup at the time ensured the management that no such things took place at Se & Hør DK - And next year he started the co-operation with the credit card source...

The management also claim they knew nothing until 2015. (Even though there must have been some suspicion since editor-in-Chief, Henningsen, was ordered to seize co-operating with the credit card source).

The prosecution also presented very incriminating e-mail at court today.

Se og Hør: Ken B's bog skabte vild panik blandt tiltalte
When the journalist Ken B. Rasmussen went out with his book, it started nothing short of a general panic among those implicated and they knew they were in deep trouble! - Even though they all claim they didn't know it was illegal and knew all the details...

Editor-in-chief at the time, Kim Henningsen, wrote in a mail: "I've done some serious sh*t.
Unfortunately I wasn't clever enough to realize how serious it was, what I approved. Because in the glare of hindsight I can well see it was sheer lunacy".

The journalist, Kasper Kopping, who along with the whistle blower, Ken B Rasmussen, ran the source also realized he was in trouble in a mail to his parents: "I'm after all a central man in this case and I also risk a sentence. (...) I was after all just a soldier, who did what I was told but still an active part - and knowing about something illegal".

Yet they all plead not-guilty and they seem to base their defense on not knowing the details but rather on paying the source around the IRS. I.e. black money.
The defense and prosecutor agreed that it can be proved that the credit card source received money and refunds and services for 365.305 DKK during the period 2008-2012. - To put that into perspective: That's the equivalent to a whole years salary for a skilled employee before taxes.

The prosecutor has given his closing arguments: Anklager kræver op mod to års fængsel til Qvortrup - TV 2

In short:
There are no mitigating circumstances.

One mitigating circumstance would be if the information obtained had uncovered something of vital importance but that was not the case at all. It was only used for simple gossip.
Another mitigating circumstance would be if the prosecuted had pleaded guilty faced with the overwhelming evidence to the contrary. Instead they maintained their innocence, despite to a very large extent admitting to knowing what was going on.

The prosecutor calls for prison sentences. (And in Danish press context they are pretty serious)!
Up to two years in prison for former editor Henrik Qvortrup, who was responsible for starting the whole thing.
2-3 years for Peter Bo Henriksen, the credit card source.
The two journalists who handled the source, eight to ten months.
Former editor Kim Henningsen, who continued using the source, up to two years in prison.

The defense will present their closing arguments and then the ruling will take place on 24th November.

The defense gave their closing arguments today.

It can basically be boiled down to this: yes, the two journalists who handled the source, should perhaps have known better, but they were really just acting under orders and didn't really realize how severe it was - and it really wasn't that bad, was it? Just a little irregular.

The defense for the editors-in-chief, reads more or less like this: You can't really prove they were fully aware that the info obtained were illegal. And surely it wasn't that bad, and as it wasn't that bad, then our clients fall under the statute of limitation and should go free.
(They are charged under extremely severe circumstances).

- In short the defense hope the court will let them go, because "our clients are too stupid/ignorant to walk the Earth without a guide-dog".
Seriously, it really is a rear-guard action they are fighting! And it'll be a big problem keeping their clients out of prison. - That is if there is any justice left here in DK...

I for one am looking forward to see the end of this. To see how far the press can go without consequenses.

Me too.

But I haven't got too many hopes for a serious conviction.
And on top of that the press in general have a tendency to think that the law doesn't really apply to them, not to mention the generally over-inflated view of themselves and their importance.

No wonder the respect for journalists and the media is at a historical low.

The freedom of speech and the press is in danger, but the greatest danger is from the press itself and their unwillingness to deal firmly with rotten apples among themselves.

Tomorrow is the day for the annual Hubertus Hunt, which is not a hunt, and which does not involve foxes or hounds.

With just a little bit of luck some of the DRF children will be there.
And perhaps my little wish will come true: seeing Josephine and mademoiselle Athena entertain us...
Anyway, here is a gallery from past years, from BB: SE BILLEDERNE: De kongelige børn i højt humør til Hubertusjagt gennem tiden | BILLED-BLADET

And here is a little, ahem, gallery from my archive from the hunt last year: https://app.box.com/s/6dr1hnsttpgbs6pbnft2dk3uzarzfm6o

Follow up. I see from the DRF calendar that PH will watch the Hubertus Hunt tomorrow.
Being the grandpapa he is, I should be very surprised if he doesn't bring some of his grandchildren.
Frederik will be in Switzerland, so he won't be around.

Last edited by a moderator:
In case we don't see the Crown Prince family to the Hubertus Hunt this year (which I doubt since Frederik today has travled to the official IOC meetings in Switzerland and the CP-family usually attend every second year) is here a huge gallery from last year's Hubertus hunt - probably the some of the best pictures of the Crown Prince family we have seen :flowers:

https://www.facebook.com/pg/Kronpri...42/photos/?tab=album&album_id=458442424343179

And BB posted yesterday this very lovely picture of Vincent caress his mother :blush:
http://www.billedbladet.dk/sites/bi...ic/storage_1/media/bb-48048.jpg?itok=qqC-1_QH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom