General News about the Danish Royal Family Part 2: January 2013 - November 2015

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Maybe he will have a tantrum and storm off again like last time. Then in a few months the Queen will quietly give him the title King...that is what happened last time for him to be Prince Consort isn't it?

I like the danish Royals and Henrik (most of the time) but now he just looks like a spoilt child wanting what we can't have!

I do apologise Soraya for my mistake, my thanks are to you for your time effort doing the translation. :flowers:
I see in the interview that speaking French is important to this royal family and I wonder if Mary has been learning. After all French is the language of diplomacy.

Hasn't been for a very long time. France is very irrelevant in terms of world-wide diplomacy.

Maybe he will have a tantrum and storm off again like last time. Then in a few months the Queen will quietly give him the title King...that is what happened last time for him to be Prince Consort isn't it?

I like the danish Royals and Henrik (most of the time) but now he just looks like a spoilt child wanting what we can't have!

I don't remember if that's when he got the prince consort title, but if it was it wouldn't work this time. No amount of whining or angry outbursts would make him king. It would cause an outcry from the Danish people and I think the Queen knows that, no matter what her personal opinion is in the matter.

I too like Henrik most of the time, but he would do himself a massive favour if he stopped talking about this. His desire to be king has become a running joke in Denmark.

Someone wondered what Prince Daniel's title would be in the future and I think the most he can hope is the same as Henrik, Prince Consort. He hasn't been given the title of Crown Prince, so there's no indication he'd ever be king. CP Victoria once said Queen Margrethe was an important role model to her, so hopefully she's learned a lesson from Prince Henrik's dissatisfaction and had a long talk with Daniel about how things will be when it comes to protocol and future titles.

To be fair, the majority of the interview was Henrik talking about topics other than the title issue. I'm not sure why he keeps discussing it at all, though - I think it's his pride that makes the issue rankle, but putting that aside, he must know there's no realistic chance of any change being made to the status quo at this point in time. He's certainly contributed a lot to Denmark, but he's gotten a lot in return, too. And, as others have pointed out, he knew the deal when he married Margrethe.

Thank you for the translation Soraya.

I second Muhler's agreement with Archduchess; finally, there seemed to be more appreciation of prince Henrik and his achievements in the media, a more lenient tone towards him - and then he, again, voices his frustrations about his title. Nothing seems to rub Danes the wrong way more than this - it is perceived as pride and vanity.

Officially, Henrik will always be number two between him and his wife, and he will never be in the succession, consequently certain official tasks fall to the heir when the reigning queen/king is not around; it's the same for all the consert queens. They can live with it, why can't he?

He has known from the start how his official role would be. To keep resenting the consequences of a choice he once took, eyes wide open, does indeed give the appearance of whining.

Such a shame really.

I agree. :flowers: After more than 40 years. and the jokes in the media, he should just let it go (at least publicly).

Such a shame, because the media has made it seem like the whole interview was about his "whining".

I like the joint interview from him and Marie. it gave us some great insights into the J&M household (still not letting go that Joachim belongs to the old school parenting and doesnt change much diapers:whistling::ROFLMAO:)

:flowers:

I like the joint interview from him and Marie. it gave us some great insights into the J&M household (still not letting go that Joachim belongs to the old school parenting and doesnt change much diapers:whistling::ROFLMAO:)

:flowers:

:lol: Perhaps he's allergic to diapers? Or his chromosone composition simply prevents him from changing diapers.

But come on, it's no big deal. Even though you sometimes wonder how such a little organism can produce that much.
You simply grab the little critters by the wrists and carry them into the shower and hose them down. - They complain a little bit but they'll love you for it later on in life....:p

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #06, 2013.
Det har været en meget dejlig aften - It has been a very lovely evening.
Written by Henrik Salling - who on this evening became nostalgic.

As you know Mary and our Marie went to see Malene Birger's jubilee show at the Royal Theatre.
Arriving in a minibus shortly before 21.00 they went in by the side entrance, normally reserved for the Monarch (who is an often seen guest at the Royal Theatre). Here they had a merry time with a number of friends.
Among them were:
Britt Siesbye, Nina Wedell-Wedellsborg, Helle Reedtz-Thott, Caroline Fleming

M&M and friends were seated on a balcony offering a first class view of the stage, where the fashion show took place. All guests had been issued fold-out binoculars - and they are pretty complicated to figure out, M&M were observed assisting each other in working out how first to unfold such contraptions and secondly how to use them...
And it's here our reporter, Henrik Salling, went nostalgic. He manage no less than two or three times in the article to compare M&M to the scene in Pretty Women, where Julia Roberts also fumble with her binoculars. (*)

After the show, the 1.000 guests were invited for an afterparty, but M&M opted to drive back to Amalienborg, where a nightsnack was waiting.

Mary said after the show: "It has been a very lovely evening".

(*) I must admit that I can't remember that scene and I've seen that movie several times.
Pretty Woman is a first class movie! - It's a great chick-flick and from a male persepctive that makes it a great score-flick. If you just play your cards right, offer a comforting arm and shoulder, look appropriately emotionally composed while you endure... I mean while you relax and enjoy the movie, this may very well turn out to be a great evening!

Arriving in a minibus shortly before 21.00 they went in by the side entrance, normally reserved for the Monarch (who is an often seen guest at the Royal Theatre).
Is that Billed-Bladet, who writes that the sideentrance is normally reserved for the Monarch? :) It´s not true. It´s normally reserved for the royals :flowers: And the simple answer is that the car will stop under a roof - therefor no rain/snow/other things coming down from the sky can touch the royals. The cobblestone are therefor also not slippery and the elevator is just next to the sideentrance :flowers:

:previous: Yes, in a caption. Apparantly this entrance offer direct access to the royal box.

BB is up.

Yes, exactly :) But it´s normally reserved for the royals, not just the Monarch.

And IIRC then the elevator was build so Queen Ingrid could use it when she was in the theatre :)

I think in the past thread on General News about the Danish Royal Family, Muhler posted about a royal portrait of the Queen and her family being done,

" a large painting by Thomas Kluge will be unveiled soon. It depicts all members of the DRF with Christian in the centre. The other older children, including Felix and Nikolai, will line up beside Christian and the small children will appear in the back with their parents.
There is a picture in the article of the part of the picture with Christian. He is sitting on a chair with Prince Henrik's hand resting on the chair, so presumably the Regent Couple will stand behind Christian.
A book about the painting is about to be published as well.

The painting measuring 2.10 X 2.10 meters will eventually hang at Fredensborg Palace.

- Thomas Kluge's style is almost photographic and when looking at the cropped image in the article of Christian it looks very promising indeed!

The painting was commisioned at QMII's 70'th birthday by an anonymous donor, not even the artist know who paid for the painting.
It has been slightly delayed because Thomas Kluge in particular wanted the royal children included in the painting. - But then the twins came, to be followed by Athene, and they all had to be old enough to be able to pose, so....
The idea to the painting is actually Thomas Kluge. At a ball at the court in 2009, he said that he would like to paint the entire DRF and that's how it all started. "

I found a little bit more information (apparently a book will be published as well)...
[FONT=verdana,arial][FONT=verdana,arial]Artist Thomas Kluge is working on a present version of Lauritz Tuxen’s famous group portrait of the Glücksborgs, this time portraying the family of QMII. [/FONT][/FONT][FONT=verdana,arial][FONT=verdana,arial][FONT=verdana,arial][FONT=verdana,arial]On the website of the publisher you can check out the front page of the book as well as pictures of the Crown Prince couple selecting the photos used as model for the portrait.

http://www.kleart.dk/thomas-kluge

http://translate.google.com/translate?sl=da&tl=en&js=n&prev=_t&hl=en&ie=UTF-8&eotf=1&u=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.kleart.dk%2Fthomas-kluge
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
looking forward to seeing the portrait. :flowers:

I really love Tuxens painting of the extended family in the garden room at Fredensborg, I can identify nearly all them in that painting. If he models this painting on the same theme that would be great.

Lauritz Tuxen's painting is my favourite of all historic paintings, I too can identify them all and it's so beautifully painted - a real masterpiece. Can't wait to the the new painting. Is it known when it will be revealed?

I think in the past thread on General News about the Danish Royal Family, Muhler posted about a royal portrait of the Queen and her family being done,

" a large painting by Thomas Kluge will be unveiled soon. It depicts all members of the DRF with Christian in the centre. The other older children, including Felix and Nikolai, will line up beside Christian and the small children will appear in the back with their parents.
There is a picture in the article of the part of the picture with Christian. He is sitting on a chair with Prince Henrik's hand resting on the chair, so presumably the Regent Couple will stand behind Christian.
A book about the painting is about to be published as well.

The painting measuring 2.10 X 2.10 meters will eventually hang at Fredensborg Palace.

- Thomas Kluge's style is almost photographic and when looking at the cropped image in the article of Christian it looks very promising indeed!

The painting was commisioned at QMII's 70'th birthday by an anonymous donor, not even the artist know who paid for the painting.
It has been slightly delayed because Thomas Kluge in particular wanted the royal children included in the painting. - But then the twins came, to be followed by Athene, and they all had to be old enough to be able to pose, so....
The idea to the painting is actually Thomas Kluge. At a ball at the court in 2009, he said that he would like to paint the entire DRF and that's how it all started. "

I found a little bit more information (apparently a book will be published as well)...
Artist Thomas Kluge is working on a present version of Lauritz Tuxen’s famous group portrait of the Glücksborgs, this time portraying the family of QMII. On the website of the publisher you can check out the front page of the book as well as pictures of the Crown Prince couple selecting the photos used as model for the portrait.

http://www.kleart.dk/thomas-kluge

http://translate.google.com/transla...-8&eotf=1&u=http://www.kleart.dk/thomas-kluge

looking forward to seeing the portrait. :flowers:

Thank you for reposting the information here

The author of the new book to be published on the new group portrait as well as the last 150 years of portraits of the Glücksborgs, Thyge Christian Fønss, was kind enough to answer me at the GREMB:

http://members3.boardhost.com/Oranjes/msg/1361059762.html

I'm excited to see this portrait! Interesting that it will focus on Christian. Pointing to the future of the monarchy.

:previous:thank you for the pictures dbarn67 :flowers:
Christian is getting so big and Isabella too.

oh Isabella looks so chic and adorable! :wub: and Christian is now so big he walks in front :) Nice Mary, Frederik and children spend the Easter with Margrethe and Henrik in aarhus.

:previous:thanks Roskilde

It looks like Mary and Frederik arrived with the kids in a van, and the Queen and Henrik in another vehicle, but then it looks like Mary and the Queen left together?

did Frederik and Henrik sneak out early with Christian and Isabella? ;)

:previous:thanks Roskilde

It looks like Mary and Frederik arrived with the kids in a van, and the Queen and Henrik in another vehicle, but then it looks like Mary and the Queen left together?

did Frederik and Henrik sneak out early with Christian and Isabella? ;)

Yes I think I remember something about that Frederik and Henrik always leave the church together after the first part of the Easter service while Mary always stays together with Margrethe for the rest of the service. And Christian and Bella apparently prefer their dad's and grandfather's way of doing things :p

Last edited:
Yes I think I remember something about that Frederik and Henrik always leave the church together after the first part of the Easter Services while Mary always stays together with Margrethe for the rest of the Services. And Christian and Bella apparently prefer their dad's and grandfather's way of doing things :p

Christian left with the men.

http://i47.tinypic.com/6ozzux.jpg

is it common or usual practice for people to leave church early? I'm not a big church goer not do I live in Denmark but I've never known people to leave early.

so did Isabella ;)
Image - TinyPic - Free Image Hosting, Photo Sharing & Video Hosting

Yes I think I remember something about that Frederik and Henrik always leave the church together after the first part of the Easter service while Mary always stays together with Margrethe for the rest of the service. And Christian and Bella apparently prefer their dad's and grandfather's way of doing things :p

I think you are right, thanks :flowers:
I know for Easter service its extra long so maybe there is some kind of interval when people can leave

Last edited by a moderator:
I think you are right, thanks :flowers:
I know for Easter service its extra long so maybe there is some kind of interval when people can leave

Yes, judging by the pictures it seems that other people also leave the church at the same time as Henrik, Frederik and C & I.

It's also hard for young children (and Henrik, perhaps :p) to stay entertained for such a long time, so I perfectly understand why they left (and I think it's a great thing that the church makes you able to leave if the service really is that long).

is it common or usual practice for people to leave church early? I'm not a big church goer not do I live in Denmark but I've never known people to leave early.

I'm hardly the most active churchgoer myself, however going to the alter is optional and many leave at that time. - rather than sit and wait for perhaps 200 people each getting their oblate and wine.
I believe that is in line with the teaching of the Luheran church where the connection between you and God is personal and doesn't necessarily require a priest.
Perhaps FasterB can elaborate some more? :)

QMII is as you know a very devout Christian and I can imagine a service (especially at Easter) simply wouldn't feel right without the blood and flesh of Christ.
Frederik is also religious but in my impression on a much more private level. Not sure Prince Henrik is that religious and as for Mary that's difficult to say...

Henrik always looks bored in Church. Always starring at the ceiling or looking around etc, not really paying too much attention to the actual service, but he may indeed be religious in a more personal way.

I hope we can get bigger or HQ pictures, because I would love to see Isabella and her beautiful outfit more closely!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom