General News about the Danish Royal Family 1: December 2008 - January 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to say that these photos were released back in February, so they are not exactly new, but gorgeous nonetheless. :flowers:

There not new, no. But this is the first time I have ever seen the very first photo. I absolutely adore all the looks that the royal ladies are pulling off and the Princes all look very dashing. This dress of Mary's is one of my all time fav's.

Yes the photo are not new, but they are beautiful. :flowers:

Yes...Her and Nu states in an online article that both CP Frederik and Queen Margrethe attended a hunt at the home of Prince Richard and Princess Benedikte in Berleburg, Germany. So CP Frederik spent some time with his mum, while CP Mary was spending time with her dad and step-mum who are now in Denmark. John Donaldson is in Denmark as he will teach at Herlufsholm school for two weeks in Oktober, and his wife Susan is also releasing a new book. John and Susan will also be with Prince Christian and Princess Isbella while CP Frederik and CP Mary are on the state visit to Vietnam.
Google Translate

Glad to read the kids will be with CP Mary's family while the Princely Couple are in Vietnam. Cant wait to see the pictures of that event.

How lovely for the grandparents and the children to have special time together, while M and F are away overseas. These are often the times children cherish, when they look back in years to come.:flowers:

Crown Prince Frederik and Queen Margrethe at the cover of Billedbladet:

http://www.billedbladet.dk/~/media/BilledBladet/Bladforsider/2009/BB44.ashx?as=true&w=445

Yes...Her and Nu states in an online article that both CP Frederik and Queen Margrethe attended a hunt at the home of Prince Richard and Princess Benedikte in Berleburg, Germany. So CP Frederik spent some time with his mum, while CP Mary was spending time with her dad and step-mum who are now in Denmark. John Donaldson is in Denmark as he will teach at Herlufsholm school for two weeks in Oktober, and his wife Susan is also releasing a new book. John and Susan will also be with Prince Christian and Princess Isbella while CP Frederik and CP Mary are on the state visit to Vietnam.
Google Translate

I'm glad they are spending time together.
I cannot wait for the Vietnamese tour, I hope Mary will bring out some new clothes. Shame the children aren't going. :)

Here is an article on how Isabella is too young to attened the ballet Queen Margrethe is part of
Article

Here is an article on how Isabella is too young to attened the ballet Queen Margrethe is part of
Article

What beautiful pictures, loved the ones with Joachim & Alex -- forgot about some of those older pictures.
Thank yoiu for posting them

Crown Prince Frederik and Queen Margrethe at the cover of Billedbladet:

http://www.billedbladet.dk/~/media/BilledBladet/Bladforsider/2009/BB44.ashx?as=true&w=445

Here are some pics from the hunt:

Crown Prince Frederik, Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik visited
Princess Benedikte and Prince Richard of Sayn-Wittgenstein Berleburg
as well as Princess Alexandra and Prince Gustav of Sayn Wittgenstein
Berleburg with his girlfriend Carina Axelsson at Berleburg castle,
Germany, October 24, 2009:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Is it their 1st time they have a hunt in Germany? I think Joachim missed this, he seems to be very into hunting.

Is it their 1st time they have a hunt in Germany? I think Joachim missed this, he seems to be very into hunting.

I think they have had this hunt before, but I might be confusing it with the one Prince Henrik has after christmas. :)

Im confused about this Carina Axelsson character? Is she just a girlfriend, fiance, partner? Didn't she wear a gorgeous tiara to a royal wedding in the past few years?

Im confused about this Carina Axelsson character? Is she just a girlfriend, fiance, partner? Didn't she wear a gorgeous tiara to a royal wedding in the past few years?

Carina Axelsson is Prince Gustav's partner.
A will prevents them from getting married. But she is basically treated as a member of the royal family. :)
She wore a Tiara to Prince Joachim and Princess Marie's wedding and the Prince Henrik's 75th Birthday festivities. :flowers:

Here are some pics from the hunt:

Crown Prince Frederik, Queen Margrethe and Prince Henrik visited
Princess Benedikte and Prince Richard of Sayn-Wittgenstein Berleburg
as well as Princess Alexandra and Prince Gustav of Sayn Wittgenstein
Berleburg with his girlfriend Carina Axelsson at Berleburg castle,
Germany, October 24, 2009:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Just a slight correction, this week's paper edition of Billed Bladet states that this hunt was in celebration of Prince Richard's 75th birthday. Prince Henrik did not attend as he was in China. Crown Princess Mary remained at home in Denmark as she was being visited by her sister Jane Stephens (who was seen walking Ziggy in the park), her father John Donaldson and his wife Susan Moody.

Thanks lumut! She does seem thoroughly accepted, that's why i thought they were married. Why does a will prevent them from getting married? Is it cause she is not an aristocrat or royal?

Prince Richard seems in very good health. I was under the impression he has been ill lately. Good to see him looking so well. Happy belated birthday to him

Princejohnny25, there is a thorough explanation as to why Gustav and Carina cannot marry in these two threads here and here :flowers:

I think that Prince Joachim had to stay in Denmark during this time since he was the regent. When the Queen and Crown Prince (and Prince Consort, I think) are gone, Joachim takes over as regent. I am fairly certain that at least one of them has to stay in Denmark. I don't think that they can all be gone at the same time.

Benedikte has also served as regent, but she had to be at the hunt since it was in honor of her husband's birthday.

:previous:

Very true sgl. Anyone in the line of succession who is over 18 (so: Frederik, Joachim, Benedikte and Princess Elisabeth) can be regent when the Queen is out of the country (it goes further down the list the more senior members out of the country). Prince Henrik (QMII's husband) however, cannot be regent as he is not in the line of succession. Joachim will be regent again from today/tomorrow as QMII, Henrik, Frederik and Mary will be in Vietnam.

Billed Bladet has a short article about the Queen and Crown Prince Frederik at the hunt:
Billed-Bladet - Margrethe og Frederik på hyggetur til Tyskland

It says that they enjoy a close relationship. When the prince was younger, this wasn't the case, but now they are very close. The article says that the Queen was driven to the hunt by her driver in her Bentley, and that Frederik drove by himself in his own car.

Anyone in the line of succession who is over 18 (so: Frederik, Joachim, Benedikte and Princess Elisabeth) can be regent when the Queen is out of the country (it goes further down the list the more senior members out of the country).

Can Elisabeth be regent? I know she is in the line of succession, but I wasn't sure if she could actually fill in as regent - I don't think I've ever heard of her doing so. Has she ever done it?

Does anyone know if Princess Nathlie and Princess Alexandra's husband also attended Prince Richard's birthday hunt party ?
What about any of the Greek relatives ?
Did this party also include a lot of their Danish friends ?

I liked the photos of the Hunt- good to see the casual side of the Royals. Also good to know mother and son are close now.

Princess Elizabeth and her brothers can all act as regent. If I remember correctly while Mary was pregnant with Christian there was a huge family celebration in Sweden and even Joachim was at that celebration so Pr Elizabeth acted as regent. Perhaps a Danish member can confirm this.

Princess Elizabeth and her brothers can all act as regent. If I remember correctly while Mary was pregnant with Christian there was a huge family celebration in Sweden and even Joachim was at that celebration so Pr Elizabeth acted as regent. Perhaps a Danish member can confirm this.

2005? It might have been 2006 when King Carl celebrated his 60th birthday? :)
I think they can act as regent but i can't recall if they ever have. :flowers:

Does anyone know if Princess Nathlie and Princess Alexandra's husband also attended Prince Richard's birthday hunt party ?
What about any of the Greek relatives ?
Did this party also include a lot of their Danish friends ?

Did they also have a large birthday dinner/banquet ??

Yes, that would have been the Bernadotte Family Reunion in June 2005. The event was attended by the entire Danish royal family (including Princess Benedikte, Queen Anne-Marie and their families). That would have left Princess Elisabeth to be regent while everyone was in Sweden.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom