General News about Joachim, Marie and Family 3: January 2011 - July 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
- I love these sorts of articles. Partly because Marie is such a delight and easy to translate, but also because I revel in sugary stories. The more sugary the better.

Muhler, I am shocked :eek: lol:ROFLMAO:
thank you for bringing this cute interview. Its nice to get a little insight :flowers:

Thanks to my mother-in-law, I have now gotten my hands on the issue of Alt For Damerne, with the interview with our Marie.

I have decided to divide this into two threads. The interview will be placed here, as it only partly deals with Marie's visit to Ethiopia, but just as much offers an insight into her life as it is right now.

The part that deal specifically with Ethiopia will be placed in that thread, complete with a summary by me.

You can find the whole article here: https://app.box.com/s/gjnnx5bukrcdhxl0t4ie

And you can read the interview here: https://app.box.com/s/3fvjs8pt6mujdc4gafvn

Alt For Damerne is a fairly serious women's weekly, with very little, if any gossip and no short stories, but rather interviews and other articles of interest to women.
The print is also good quality, so no scan-filter this time. Don't say I don't spoil you. :p

Last edited:
I guess we can place this here: Prins Nikolai og Prins Felix skal køre ræs | Billed Bladet

BB informs us that Joachim will take part in the race for classic cars in Aarhus 17th May.
With him he will take Nikolai and Felix, because they will also take part in the race.
- Sort of. Nikolai and Felix will compete in the soapbox car race, but it hasn't been determined yet who will steer and who will be the engine - I.e. do the pushing.

We already know that bette Henrik is a petrolhead like dad, one of the first words he ever said to a reporter were various brands of cars.
With a little bit of luck the whole family will be there.

Last edited:
that would be nice if the whole family goes on, Athena and little Henrik cheering on their brothers and dad:flowers:

Last edited by a moderator:
This weekend Joachim will take part in the Classic Car race in Aarhus.
Prinserne fik 'motor'-problemer til sæbekasseløb - Danmark | www.bt.dk

But today it was time for a soap-box-car race (or whatever you call it in your countries).
Felix had been appointed driver of car #52 and a nephew of Joachim's friend named Ditlev, was the engine.

Bette Henrik was there as well and methinks he looked a little envious.

Before the race started Joachim smiled: "We don't take part in a race without an ambition about ending on top of the podium. But how things go today is entirely up to the engine". (I.e. Ditlev).

Alas, the "engine" had problems starting, so car #52 was left behind in the dust.
Felix said afterwards: "We lost, but it was really fun to take part".
At least Felix' friend, Alexander Davidsen Siesbye, ended up in a second place.

While daddy Joachim pulled the car back to the pit, he concluded: "We'll be back next year, but then we'll have a lighter car".

Here are two pics: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files-dk/node-images/377/7/7377362-prinsjoachim2.jpg
http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files-dk/node-images/377/7/7377359-prinsjoachim1.jpg

---------------------------------------------------

Prins Joachim skubbede Felix over målstregen | Billed Bladet

Billed Bladet's coverage of the race differs considerably from BT.
But perhaps it was two races?

Here Joachim and his friend Oscar Siesbye were engines for Felix.
- He didn't win though.

A slightly breathless Joachim said afterwards: "It really IS hard. The car weighs a good deal and every kilo counts, so I'm actually glad it was Felix and not Nikolai, who had to be pushed. - It was fun".

Apparantly the participants build a car, and the cars are then allocated randomely to the drivers by drawing a lot. In that respect it was a little triumph for Felix, because the car (#52) he steered won the price for being most stylish.

--------------

ADDED: An 11 pic gallery from BT: http://www.bt.dk/royale/se-billederne-prinser-til-saebekasseloeb-i-aarhus

This pic ought to score high on the cute list: http://a.bimg.dk/node-images/377/7/x2048-u/7377750-prinser-1.jpg

Last edited:
:previous:that is definetly a cute pic of Henrik and Felix.
Henrik does look like he wants to join in, and what a blast Felix must have had.

This weekend Joachim will take part in the Classic Car race in Aarhus.
Prinserne fik 'motor'-problemer til sæbekasseløb - Danmark | www.bt.dk

But today it was time for a soap-box-car race (or whatever you call it in your countries).
Felix had been appointed driver of car #52 and a nephew of Joachim's friend named Ditlev, was the engine.

Bette Henrik was there as well and methinks he looked a little envious.

Before the race started Joachim smiled: "We don't take part in a race without an ambition about ending on top of the podium. But how things go today is entirely up to the engine". (I.e. Ditlev).

Alas, the "engine" had problems starting, so car #52 was left behind in the dust.
Felix said afterwards: "We lost, but it was really fun to take part".
At least Felix' friend, Alexander Davidsen Siesbye, ended up in a second place.

While daddy Joachim pulled the car back to the pit, he concluded: "We'll be back next year, but then we'll have a lighter car".

Here are two pics: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files-dk/node-images/377/7/7377362-prinsjoachim2.jpg
http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files-dk/node-images/377/7/7377359-prinsjoachim1.jpg

---------------------------------------------------

Prins Joachim skubbede Felix over målstregen | Billed Bladet

Billed Bladet's coverage of the race differs considerably from BT.
But perhaps it was two races?

Here Joachim and his friend Oscar Siesbye were engines for Felix.
- He didn't win though.

A slightly breathless Joachim said afterwards: "It really IS hard. The car weighs a good deal and every kilo counts, so I'm actually glad it was Felix and not Nikolai, who had to be pushed. - It was fun".

Apparantly the participants build a car, and the cars are then allocated randomely to the drivers by drawing a lot. In that respect it was a little triumph for Felix, because the car (#52) he steered won the price for being most stylish.

--------------

ADDED: An 11 pic gallery from BT: Se billederne: Prinser til sæbekasseløb i Aarhus | www.bt.dk

This pic ought to score high on the cute list: http://a.bimg.dk/node-images/377/7/x2048-u/7377750-prinser-1.jpg
I don´t think it was two races, because also BT states that both PJ, Oscar and Ditlev were the engine :)

I don´t think it was two races, because also BT states that both PJ, Oscar and Ditlev were the engine :)

That's not what the article first read. The journo probably edited it and that explains the confusion.

Thanks, FasterB :flowers:

Nice to see your name around. I miss you teasing me. :p - Don't you love me anymore? :sad:

That's not what the article first read. The journo probably edited it and that explains the confusion.

Thanks, FasterB :flowers:

Nice to see your name around. I miss you teasing me. :p - Don't you love me anymore? :sad:
Ahh, ok, that makes sense :flowers:

Aaaw, Muhler, of course I love you, I just don´t have the time to be that much around here anymore :sad: Somebody, like my boss, thinks I have to work when at work :whistling::ROFLMAO::ohmy:

Ahh, ok, that makes sense :flowers:

Aaaw, Muhler, of course I love you, I just don´t have the time to be that much around here anymore :sad: Somebody, like my boss, thinks I have to work when at work :whistling::ROFLMAO::ohmy:

What a spoilsport! :ermm:
It's really annoying when work get's in the way of important things. ;)

Joachim won the Danish championships in his class at the Classic Car Race in Aarhus today.
Here is a video of a triumphant Joachim, flanked by Nikolai and Felix and with a just as triumphant bette Henrik on his shoulders: TV 2 | ØSTJYLLAND | Royal førsteplads | Nyheder | Aarhus

Easy to spot his car, that's the one where the door go up.

Last edited:
What a spoilsport! :ermm:
It's really annoying when work get's in the way of important things. ;)
He is a spoilsport, buuuuuut... I´m getting paid for it, so it´s okay (sometimes :whistling:)

Joachim won the Danish championships in his class at the Classic Car Race in Aarhus today.
Here is a video of a triumphant Joachim, flanked by Nikolai and Felix and with a just as triumphant bette Henrik on his shoulders: TV 2 | ØSTJYLLAND | Royal førsteplads | Nyheder | Aarhus

Easy to spot his car, that's the one where the door go up.
Woooooow, he WON :flowers::flowers::flowers:

He did, yes. - Again.
I believe it's the fifth or sixth time now. :cool:

Here is a pic of Felix having a conversation with one of his "ryebread engines" (*) aka daddy Joachim: Sæbekasseløb ved Classic Race 2014 - Spotted
There are several hundred pics in Aarhus Stiftstidende for those who wish to dig for more.
Somehow he resembles Snoopy (or Nuser as he is known in DK): http://www.w8themes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/02/Snoopy-Desktop-Wallpapers.jpg

(*) Common idiom. Ryebread engine = muscle power.

Nikolai looks so proud of his father :D

Thanks for posting those gifs, polyesco :flowers:

A day without an aww-moment is like a day without sunshine, so here are several aww-moments.

Let's start with bette Henrik. As you knwo he went with dad and his older brothers to the Classic Car Race in Aarhus. And while there, his nanny, Jeanette, got a call via skype to bette Henrik. Our reporter/photographer was apparantly so close that he could hear what was said. Our Marie at some point said to her son: "I love you", and they kissed on the phone, and that you can see here: https://app.box.com/s/mubksue89e36w092ygha

And if that wasn't enough, here is an über-cute pic of bette Henrik sitting on the lap of Felix. https://app.box.com/s/3o7tpd5fhrnlqkpy6dak
Not to mention the pics of the three other proud boys.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #21, 2014.
Written by our woman on the tracks, Helle Skram de Fries.

As you may recall Felix was one of the contestants in the soap box car race. The race was for 2x200 meters. (Probably in recognition that some of the "ryebread engines" are not that young anymore and perhaps not in the very best shape either...).
Felix said before the race: "I hope I win". And he was also pleased with his car. (The cars were allotted to the individual drivers by drawing lots).
Alas, his ryebread engines where not strong enough, so Felix had to settle for a consolation medal, for taking part in the race. (He's displaying that in the pic above).

Nikolai wasn't present that day. Joachim explained: "No, he's reached the age when several of his friends are being confirmed, so he's at a confirmation today".
Bette Henrik didn't race either, as he explained: "I'll wait until I'm seven years old, right now I'm five".

A day without an aww-moment is like a day without sunshine, so here are several aww-moments.

Let's start with bette Henrik. As you knwo he went with dad and his older brothers to the Classic Car Race in Aarhus. And while there, his nanny, Jeanette, got a call via skype to bette Henrik. Our reporter/photographer was apparantly so close that he could hear what was said. Our Marie at some point said to her son: "I love you", and they kissed on the phone, and that you can see here: https://app.box.com/s/mubksue89e36w092ygha

And if that wasn't enough, here is an über-cute pic of bette Henrik sitting on the lap of Felix. https://app.box.com/s/3o7tpd5fhrnlqkpy6dak
Not to mention the pics of the three other proud boys.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #21, 2014.
Written by our woman on the tracks, Helle Skram de Fries.

As you may recall Felix was one of the contestants in the soap box car race. The race was for 2x200 meters. (Probably in recognition that some of the "ryebread engines" are not that young anymore and perhaps not in the very best shape either...).
Felix said before the race: "I hope I win". And he was also pleased with his car. (The cars were allotted to the individual drivers by drawing lots).
Alas, his ryebread engines where not strong enough, so Felix had to settle for a consolation medal, for taking part in the race. (He's displaying that in the pic above).

Nikolai wasn't present that day. Joachim explained: "No, he's reached the age when several of his friends are being confirmed, so he's at a confirmation today".
Bette Henrik didn't race either, as he explained: "I'll wait until I'm seven years old, right now I'm five".

Lovely pictures of Joachim and his boys.

Marie and Joachim were last night at Tiesto's concert in Stay Hotel in Copenhagen.
Se masser af billeder fra Tiësto – og Jokke tage selfie - Nyhed - GAFFA.dk

another pic
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BpCn8utCIAEyJVx.jpg
TiëstoVerified account ‏@tiesto
Dancing in the DJ booth with the royal family of Denmark!

more pictures of Joachim and Marie
(no comment on his pants :whistling::eek:)
http://royalista.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/LHL4862-318x500.jpg
http://royalista.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/LHL8655-700x393.jpg

i like marie's fitted black top! and isn't the lady behind her marie's LIW or secretary?

Thanks, Polyesco. :flowers:

Observe and admire how Joachim, being the perfect gentleman, never fails to dress properly for the occasion.
The occasion here being a concert with popular music. The dress code here is casually festive, with a vivacious touch. And one must say that his light red pants follow that code to the letter. :cool:

i like marie's fitted black top! and isn't the lady behind her marie's LIW or secretary?

It is, Britt Siesbye. And her hairdresser, Dennis Knudsen, is there as well. They've become pretty close friends.

Last edited:
Thanks, Polyesco. :flowers:

Observe and admire how Joachim, being the perfect gentleman, never fails to dress properly for the occasion.
The occasion here being a concert with popular music. The dress code here is casually festive, with a vivacious touch. And one must say that his light red pants follow that code to the letter. :cool:

"light red pants" :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::D:p

Ekstrabladet reports that Joachim and Marie are moving permanently to Copenhagen.

Schackenborg is turned over to a foundation and J&M will stay there occationally and try to maintain their relationship with the southern Jutland.

Personally, I'm very disappointed. The Royal Family is already centered heavily around North Eastern Zealand. I would expect that her Majesty, the Prince Consort and the Crown Prince couple could maintain the royal obligations in that part of the country.

Gråsten castle, Marselisborg and the lodge in Trend is already underused - and now Schackenborg as well!

What are the reasons? Schackenborg being too unprofitable? Joachim to take more duties for health/old age reason of the monarch couple?

What are the reasons? Schackenborg being too unprofitable? Joachim to take more duties for health/old age reason of the monarch couple?

The agricultural obligations of Schackenborg are too large to also allow the couple to meet the royal obligations as a prince and princess of Denmark. (The short version, I suppose).

A foundation is taking over the agricultural aspect.

A personal supposition is that Nikolaj hasn't shown any interest in agriculture and that the farming aspect is a dead-end for Joachim. Better to move to where the kids will eventually end up, I suppose.

IIRC, there are some obligations connected with the ownership of Schackenborg. Otherwise, it would be possible to sell the agricultural parts and maintain the castle as a royal residence.

Personally, I'd like it if the RF "spread out". They could use the kids when they grow up - put Nikolaj in Århus, Felix in Northern Jutland (find an appropriate residence up there), then the Isabella, Vincent and Josephine on Funen, Southern Jutland and Lolland or whatever.

Better than focusing everything around Copenhagen.

There's also a tourist aspect to this effect. Having royalty in Århus would be a small boon, and a junior prince would attract way more attention in the countryside than in the capital, where he is "competing" with many senior royals.

I think it's an unfortunate choice as well. They don't have half of the duties compared to The Regent Couple and Crown Prince Couple. Of course. The Regent- and Crown Prince Couple are the absolute top profiles in the Royal Family and the focus will only be bigger and bigger from every day now, while the focus on Prince Joachim number 6 down the line of succession naturally getting smaller and smaller. Therefore, the couple in let's say 10 years will stand without any real function, while the Crown Prince Couple inherit the throne. It was a smart move to stay on Schackenborg so they could own and operate it as a useful "function".

I think it's an unfortunate choice as well. They don't have half of the duties compared to The Regent Couple and Crown Prince Couple. Of course. The Regent- and Crown Prince Couple are the absolute top profiles in the Royal Family and the focus will only be bigger and bigger from every day now, while the focus on Prince Joachim number 6 down the line of succession naturally getting smaller and smaller. Therefore, the couple in let's say 10 years will stand without any real function, while the Crown Prince Couple inherit the throne. It was a smart move to stay on Schackenborg so they could own and operate it as a useful "function".

I'd say that they should reduce the amount of obligations (across the board), if it is too much to also handle Schackenborg.
I don't really care if they are at the seamstress-awards or something on a university or whatever, if they aren't residing at Schackenborg.
I'd say that Schackenborg (and south Jutland) comes first - patronages second and it saddens me that the family prioritizes this way.

I have had a look at various articles.

Schackenborg will be converted to a foundation, with Joachim and our Marie still being able to live there. In fact they intend to live there during the summer months.
Joachim has contributed with 13 million DKK to the foundation.
A number of those names in connection with the foundations belongs to Joachim's very rich friends. The LEGO family, among others.
So I wonder if this is a technicality, where it may be economically more sound that the manor is owned by a foundation rather than a private person. - Also in regards to tax deductions, EU funds and so on.

However, the first thing that sprang to mind when I read about it is that M&J will settle where they intend their children to go to school. Having bette Henrik and now Athena constantly shift between kindergartens in Copenhagen and Møgeltønder may not be the best solution for the children.
Also, a number of their friends live in Copenhagen. That may also be a factor.

The second thing I though of was whether Schackenborg Manor, as an estate is too economically draining for a private person to run in the long run, especially as the heir to Schackenborg will be even further down the list of royals.
So perhaps it's better to cut the cost now, before ending up in debt. It's no secret that many owners of manor houses in DK and everywhere else struggle with the cost of maintaining the buildings.
By transferring the manor to a fund, Joachim and his heirs will not be affected personally by the costs, - while still being able to use the place.
Which on the face of it sounds like a sensible solution to me.

The downside is, as Nwinter has pointed out, that the DRF, at least for a number of years, will have a deminished affilliation with the rest of the country.

Last, but not least, I don't think J&M will stay at Amalienborg. The apartment is unsuited for a family, with large but few rooms. Even if the children can have their rooms at the attic.
It sounds plausible to me that they will move somewhere else. Sorgenfri is a good guess. Princess Elisabeth is frail. She probably won't last long. And the main building is currently used as storage, but with the recent auction of furnitures, there should be free storage place elsewhere, so J&M could also move in there.

We'll see. It's a pity they'll move away from southern Jutland, they were well liked there and were very involved in the local life as well.

I'm sure more will follow in the next days but right now we'll go on holiday. :wave::sun::cool:

ADDED IN THE LAST MINUTE: http://www.bt.dk/royale/joachim-og-marie-er-paa-husjagt
M&J intend to purchase a house in Copenhagen later this summer. (Probably already have bought it).

Last edited:
I also agree that its somewhat disappointing. it was better when they were spread out. In the bt.dk article it says that they might move somewhat close to Felix/Nikolai (but i dont think that is the reason they are moving)

official press release
Schackenborg Slot overdrages til nystiftet fond - Kongehuset

Maybe they will increase royal duties?
it says also due to family considerations, maybe they want their kids in the same school as Felix/Nikolai ?

I'm sure it will be nice for
Joachim to be closer to Nikolai and Felix.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom