General News about Joachim, Marie and Family 3: January 2011 - July 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #23, 2013.
På dyrskue med mor - To farm fair/agricultural show with mother.
Written by our rural reporter Lisbeth Grube.

Last Saturday our Marie went to the largest farm fair in southern Jutland in the town of Aabenraa, with her two children and two nannies. Joachim who had come home from Afghanistan the day before wasn't there.
Here she was welcomed by the chairman of the farm fair, before she strolled about the many stands. But most interesting was the farm fair for children. Athena was viewing the whole thing with interest from her place in the pram Marie pushed around, while bette Henrik had an even better view from the shoulders of his nanny.

- Aabenraa is located not far away from Schackenborg and there probably isn't much at such a fair that the children haven't seen before home at the manor, but it does mean a lot to the locals that their local royals mingle with them.
An amusing detail: The two nannies are stout looking young women, looking fully capable of handmilking 100 cows before breakfast and Marie looks even more petite next to them. :lol:

Last edited:
Haha I love your comment about the nanny. The nannies the Danish RF hire are usually not so elegant... I guess it could be quite threatenig if a beautiful young woman spent a lot of time at your house, taking care of your children.

Muhler do you know if the nannies also stay at night? Or is it more of a 9-5 job? I think it must be wonderful to be able to experience life at a royal estate while doing your job!

:) I don't know.

That would depend on where the nannies live I'd say, as Joachim and Marie spend a lot of time at Amalienborg as well.
If the they live in Copenhagen I think it would be only natural if the nannies went home at night - and sleep at Schackenborg when they are there.

However, I know Joachim and Alexandra had au pairs, and if they still have, they can also lend a hand in looking after the kids.

ADDED: Another picture of our Marie, presumably being welcomed by the chairman: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=509420915778428&set=pb.163210650399458.-2207520000.1370602482.&type=3&src=https%3A%2F%2Ffbcdn-sphotos-e-a.akamaihd.net%2Fhphotos-ak-ash3%2F935265_509420915778428_857561200_n.jpg&size=480%2C272&source=timeline_photo_stream

I see Athena is having a look at the photographer.

Last edited:
:) I don't know.

That would depend on where the nannies live I'd say, as Joachim and Marie spend a lot of time at Amalienborg as well.
If the they live in Copenhagen I think it would be only natural if the nannies went home at night - and sleep at Schackenborg when they are there.

However, I know Joachim and Alexandra had au pairs, and if they still have, they can also lend a hand in looking after the kids.

ADDED: Another picture of our Marie, presumably being welcomed by the chairman: https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?...jpg&size=480,272&source=timeline_photo_stream

I see Athena is having a look at the photographer.

This nannies are young so I think that they are au-pairs.

BT informs us that Joachim and our Marie will go straight to another big party when they return from the wedding in Stockholm: Joachim og Maries vilde weekend: Skal til tre store fester - Royale | www.bt.dk

They will be the guests of honor at Marie's hairdresser, Dennis Knudsen's 50th birthday on Sunday.
He has become a good friend of Marie and the two of them have been seen together going to town. - Not that Joachim needs to worry as Dennis Knudsen is gay.
He is also rolling in money, in case anyone should feel like chasing him. ;) As far as I know he is not married to anyone?

Mary, as you know, also has a close friendship with her hairdresser, Søren Heedegaard.

Bigger pic from the article of Joachim and Marie: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files-dk/node-images/488/6/6488047-.jpg

---

Perhaps you are right, Marta19pl. :)

Last edited:
As mentioned in my previous post, Joachim and our Marie attended the 50th birthday party of Marie's hairdresser, Dennis Knudsen, Sunday evening.
Joachim og Alexandra til samme fest - Royale | www.bt.dk

A big pic of Joachim and Marie in party-gear: http://www.bt.dk/sites/default/files-dk/node-images/496/6/6496421-strax--.jpg

Marie said: "It was beautiful in Stockholm and I'm sure it will be fantastic tonight as well".

Observe and admire how Joachim, being a perfect gentleman, naturally carry his wife's shawl, so she doesn't have to trouble herself with such details.

One more pic: http://ekstrabladet.dk/flash/kongelige/danskekongelige/article2005987.ece

Last edited:
:previous:thanks Muhler

i cant get over Joachim's shining black belt :whistling::ROFLMAO:

Joachim looks like someone who's off to dance tango :ROFLMAO:
I do wish he would take some fashion advise from Marie every now and again.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #24, 2013.
Marie of Joachim i festhumør - Marie and Joachim in party-mood.
Written by Karina Didriksen.

Our Marie's hairdresser, Dennis Knudsen, celebrated his 50th birthday and among the 300 guests were a lot of wellknown names from the jetset and entertainment industry.
Oscar and Britt Siesbye were there and so were Alexandra with her unshaven (*) Martin. Dennis Knudsen is also her hairdresser.
A number of the other guests also belong to the circles of friends around M&F.

The theme for the party was Black & White Glitter Party.
The party started at 19.00 but J&M arrived at 21.30, after having flown in from Stockholm.

(*) It's beginning to look somewhat silly. At his age you grow a beard or shave.
Which reminds me: There is no such thing as days old stubbles in the Muhler household. Mrs. Muhler once informed me that my stubbles scratch when she puts her arm across my face at night...Having long since abandoned any hope of ever understanding female logic, I acknowledged that I was being inconsiderate and shaved...:p

Last edited:
So I've heard...;)

Anyway, Joachim and our Marie attended the show of the fashion designer Charlotte Sparre Monday evening. Se billederne: Kongelige og kendte til modeshow | www.bt.dk
Only the two first pics are of J&M.
Red pants coming up. - And as everybody know I have always found red pants very fashionable...

Here Charlotte Sparre presented the spring and summer collection 1914.

they look more like pink to me. :ohmy:
And we know who really rocks the red pants ;)

another pic
http://multimedia.ekstrabladet.dk/archive/00939/charlotte_sparre_mo_939003m.jpg

Last edited:
So I've heard...;)
Here Charlotte Sparre presented the spring and summer collection 1914.
Unless it´s the name of the collection, I´ll say she´s a bit late :whistling::p:whistling:

Unless it´s the name of the collection, I´ll say she´s a bit late :whistling::p:whistling:

Eeh, we write 2013 now. ;)

Anyway, that's what the text says. - Aah, got it. Fixed.

Last edited:
they look more like pink to me. :ohmy:
And we know who really rocks the red pants ;)

another pic
http://multimedia.ekstrabladet.dk/archive/00939/charlotte_sparre_mo_939003m.jpg

LOL:p

to me Joachim looks out of place at the fashion show;)

He probably felt out of place as well. :lol:

But to be serious for a moment. Joachim has changed. He used to be a very conservative dresser, but now we see him more and more often in relaxed and colorful outfits. I wonder if it's our Marie? To me it seems like he is allowing himself to let his inner "prince Henrik" come out.
If he continues like this we may expect many more colorful and amusing attires in the future. - We may even have to open a new thread: The colorful fashion of Prince Joachim. :p

Summary of an article in Billed Bladet #25, 2013.
Prinsessens herlige fridag - The lovely day off for the Princess.
Written by Ulrik Ulriksen.

While Joachim was in France to open a memorial at a cemetary, our Marie took her son, bette Henrik, to an outdoor concert in Hellerup. (*) With her was also Christian Scherfig (**) and his daughter, Tuva. Here they sat, along with other guests, at Bistro Tisvilde and listened to Erann DD give a concert. (***)
During the intermission Marie and bette Henrik went to a nearby playground, where they were joined by Tuva. - Before returning to the bistro, to enjoy a cup of cafe au latte. Half an hour after saying goodbye to the Scherfigs it poured down! So they were lucky.

From the pictures in the article I can see: That they enjoyed several glasses of wine apart from the latte. :wine:
Bette Henrik appears to be quite comfortable with Christian Scherfig, because he sat on Sherfig's lap posing merrily, with a firm but loving grip on Tuva's arm.
Marie wore a pale greyish blue cardigan, a white lowcut top and white pants with a flowery pattern.
For reasons unknown to me, Marie had tied a string of some sort to an unidentified white furry object. :ermm:

(*) Hellerup. One of the better neighborhoods of Copenhagen! It's also here Alexandra live.

(**) Help me here. IIRC Christian Scherfig also belongs to the inner circle of friends around M&F, right?

(***) I can imgagine that Tuva, and perhaps Marie as well, would find Erann DD appealing to listen to (and look at), but I think bette Henrik is just a year or two too young to be counted among the fans of Erann DD.

Bette Henrik appears to be quite comfortable with Christian Scherfig, because he sat on Sherfig's lap posing merrily, with a firm but loving grip on Tuva's arm.

I would think he was comfortable it is Henrik's godfather afterall :flowers:

Thanks, crm2317 :flowers: - So that's the connection.

And one more question: Christian Scherfig, is he related to Hans Scherfig, who wrote the scathing novel Det forsømte forår?
The movie is even better, which is quite an achievement!

Alas, there appears to be no pics online of our Marie to the Erann DD concert in Hellerup, with bette Henrik and Christian Scherfig.
Oh well: https://www.box.com/s/m5p6ttvq3me2oiksflnm

You know the drill: Always open in full screen first, then use the slider to zoom in and out as you please.

Joachim and our Marie have attended two semi-official events lately.

Summaries of two articles in Billed Bladet #26, 2013.

Royal hygge i Fælleden - A royal cosy time at Fælleden (a large park in Copenhagen).
Written by Dorte Quist.

Last weekend the park was the place Copenhagen Polo Open was held for the first time, atracting horse and polo enthusiasts worldwide.
Those behind the event are the same organisers as those who organise the Copenhagen Historic Grand Prix, a race which Joachim take part in, so this I guess was the reason why J&M showed up.
Not alone by the way, some of the very best friends were there as well: Oscar and Britt Siesbye with son, as well as Christian and Agnete Scherfig with daughter.
They were shown around by the event manager, Flemming Victor Andersen. A very tall man indeed, about a head taller than Joachim.

Present was also Joachim's distant cousin, Princess Tamara Czartoryski, with whom Marie had a good chat.

Now for the clothes. Not only was Joachim half naked, having the two top bottons of his shirt unbottoned and wearing distinctly blue trousers in the same hue as Marie's dress, his jacket... His light jacket had outlined a checkered pattern in blue lines... - I tell you, in a couple of years Prince Henrik will be green with envy at the outfits Joachim will be wearing!
Marie wore a dark blue, short dress with golden dragonflies and on top a blue cardigan. - Looking casually elegant, as is natural for the wife of a gentleman.

--------------

Supershow - Super show.
Written by our fashion-reporter Liz Rørsig.

The Danish designer, Charlotte Sparre, decided to present her spring and summer collection in Copenhagen this year.
And as Joachim and our Marie are close friends of her, they attended as well.
Before the show, Marie was observed having a merry chat with Charlotte Sparre's son, Frederik. (Easy now, Joachim was standing half a meter away and Frederik is seventeen). Frederik said afterwards: "Marie is sweet and fresh/lively to chat with".

Before the actual show Marie said: "Charlotte Sparre's creativity is something special. She makes everything herself. And then she is very good at drawing and her quality is fantastic".
Joachim added: "And then Charlotte dare go against the stream and the Jante Law/tall poppy syndrom".

Marie said afterwards that she does indeed have several creations by Charlotte Sparre and Joachim interjected: "Yes, there were put a lot of marks" (in the catalogue).

Charlotte Sparre appreciated having J&M dropping by: "It's lovely when you are acknowledged from the official Denmark. I also tell a lot about the DRF when I'm at fairs abroad".

- Now, I've heard some people referring to Joachim's trousers as being pink, that mistake is of course due to color-blindness. No gentleman would wear pink trousers. Joachim's trousers are light reddish. ;)

I managed to find two pics of first Joachim's astounding outfit: https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd....20x320/1013422_675668502459948_48286398_n.jpg

And our Marie's royal blue charme: http://www.polo-magazin.de/dt/wp-co...chim-wife-marie-with-princess-czartoryski.jpg
With Princess Tamara Czartoryski.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: That he did, Iceflower.

And he spoke with BB's Ken Richter.

Summary of a couple of articles in Billed Bladet #27, 2013.
Written by our motor-journalist Ken Richter.

Joachim and his very good friend Oscar Siesbye were indeed racing, and during very well, in Padborg this weekend. Padborg is basically round the corner and down the road from Schackenborg.
Here the two petrolheads explained that you can't compare say Le Mans with a race they take part in. Their tuned classical cars from the 60's can't run at full throttle for more than fifteen minutes or so, before their engines burn out, and that is about the time an average race takes.

However, A Danish driver was killed during this years Le Mans, Allan Simonsen. A man Joachim have met at a number of occasions and Joachim had this to say: "I sat an watched it on TV and it's just so terrible, but for us as fellow countrymen and colleagues it doesn't matter what we feel in comparison to the family who has lost someone dear to them.
I knew and I've met Allan Simonsen a number of times and I've been thinking a lot about him in days after (his death). I will remember him as the personality and as the person he was. Allan's death has cast a big black cloud over the motering sport, but we must not forget all the great results he acheived during his career".

The accident will not keep Joachim from racing: "There is a risk at all kinds of sports and the accident emphasize that we must think safety first and foremost. It's about driving with the inside of the helmet.
I will not guess at to what went wrong. We willsafely leave that in the hands of the experts to find out".

- The accident tragically as it was, may not be of particular interest to this board. However, Joachim clearly has a way with words as this quote illustrates.

Last edited:

Princess Marie attended the Danish designer David Andersen's fashion show "Cut Couture" in Copenhagen on August 6, 2013.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** isopix gallery **

Thanks Iceflower. :flowers:

I see in pic two that Frederik has had a bad influence on our Marie while at Gråsten.

And unless I'm very much mistanken, the gentleman she is talking to in pic 3 is her hairdresser Dennis Knudsen. - He has been featured a lot lately, sporting his solarium-tan and his new toned body. I guess it isn't just hetero men who face the "panic-age".
Christian Scherfig who accompany Marie and his wife too, looks to me like he finds the whole thing marginally more interesting than watching grass grow.

On a more serious note. I read an article the other day about the growing Danish fashion export. It's going very well, thank you! And it's now among the absolute top busineses in regards to export, and CIFF was emphasized in the article as having a big significance. So having Marie - and Mary attending fashion shows really matters. So much the better if they can combine work with pleasure, eh?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom