General News about Joachim, Marie and Family 3: January 2011 - July 2014

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay today you can have quite major surgery done and be discharged a few hours later or the next day, nuttin' to do with plastic surgery. I personally had surgery yesterday, called stapedectomy to fix a hearing problem, it was done with local anesthetic, + drowsiness medication, and I was discharged the same day, private hospital and all. I would have traveled out of my home country if There wouldn't have been a top audiology surgeon in mine. Fortunately one of the top surgeon's does operate here so I was lucky.

According to German Boulevardmagazine "Bunte" a dead woman was found around a house of Prince Joachim at Schackenborg.

Joachim von Dänemark: Leichenfund auf seinem Grundstück - BUNTE

Google Übersetzer

The police has finished their investigations and the woman died an accidental death.
The woman lived alone in a house owned by Joachim. Quite a number of houses in and around Møgeltønder are owned by the estate of Schackenborg.
A tragic thing but since there is nothing more in this, there was no reason to post more from the pretty extensive Danish coverage here.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #1, 2013.
Et brag af en fest - A bang of a party.
Written by our man in the city Ulrik Ulriksen.

While the rest of the DRF were out and about Joachim and our Marie esured there was activity at Amalienborg.
They had invited some friends to celebrate New Years Eve at their apartment at Amalienborg.
They were Agnete Arnø and Christian Scherfig with daughter Tuva (to hold bette Henrik by the ears), Agate and Anaury Silvestre De Sacy and Charlotte Sappre and Jens Wittrup.
All managed to arrive as is custum before 18.00, when the celebrations start with QMII giving her speech.
A French chef had prepared some mouthwatering dishes for the party and at midnight the part was observed standing on the roof of the mansion, champagne glasses in hand and watching the fireworks.

Nikolai and Felix spend New Years Eve with their mother.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #1, 2013.
Et brag af en fest - A bang of a party.
Written by our man in the city Ulrik Ulriksen.

While the rest of the DRF were out and about Joachim and our Marie esured there was activity at Amalienborg.
They had invited some friends to celebrate New Years Eve at their apartment at Amalienborg.
They were Agnete Arnø and Christian Scherfig with daughter Tuva (to hold bette Henrik by the ears), Agate and Anaury Silvestre De Sacy and Charlotte Sappre and Jens Wittrup.
All managed to arrive as is custum before 18.00, when the celebrations start with QMII giving her speech.
A French chef had prepared some mouthwatering dishes for the party and at midnight the part was observed standing on the roof of the mansion, champagne glasses in hand and watching the fireworks.

Nikolai and Felix spend New Years Eve with their mother.

Wow, those wild and crazy royals sure know how to party! I'll bet they broke out the board games! ;)

Wow, those wild and crazy royals sure know how to party! I'll bet they broke out the board games! ;)

Why of course.
Don't know about you, but here in DK it's tradition to play Ludo and Monopoly on New Years Eve. Except for a short break around midnight, where there is fireworks. - And of course watching Dinner for One.
Then a little snack after midnight before going to bed around 00.45, so we can wake up fresh and enjoy the Alpine Ski Drops followed by the classical concert from Vienna the next day. :)

Why of course.
Don't know about you, but here in DK it's tradition to play Ludo and Monopoly on New Years Eve. Except for a short break around midnight, where there is fireworks. - And of course watching Dinner for One.
Then a little snack after midnight before going to bed around 00.45, so we can wake up fresh and enjoy the Alpine Ski Drops followed by the classical concert from Vienna the next day. :)

Personally, I think board games are a great tradition anywhere, anytime!

Personally, I think board games are a great tradition anywhere, anytime!

Agree: Carcasonne anyone?:)

Absolutely, but nothing beats the thrill, the excitement and the sheer emotional rush as picture lottery. - Our favorite passtime during the long winter months here in DK.

Added: Enough joking for tonight. (..) So good night.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why of course.
I certainly miss not being able to watch Dinner for One.

I certainly miss not being able to watch Dinner for One.

Yes. :) DR 1 dared to take that comedy off once in the mid 80's and there was such an outcry that they have shown it every New Year since!

If we are to speculate about how a typical Danish New Year celebration involving families in their late 30's or early 40's like Joachim and our Marie and M&F as well might be. Then I won't go out in the deep end if I say the guests arrive between 17-18, certainly before QMII give her speech at 18.00.
Then a toast and shortly after the dinner is served. Fish or something light is most common. Washed down with schnapps and beer or wine.
For the next three or four hours people remain seated around the table having a merry time, while the mood is getting slightly more animated. And of course wearing paper hats. Interrupted by the males going out to "assist" the kids in setting off some of the fireworks.
Somewhere between 23.30 and midnight someone invariably turn on the TV, because at that time Dinner for One is shown, before they cut to the clock at Copenhagen Townhall.
Midnight. Toasting all around and then it's outside with the eager kids and just as eager parents to let off some fireworks. While out there you wish the neighbors and everybody else Happy New Year.
Once inside it's time for a midnight snack, usually in the form of two or three smorgas sandwiches washed down with beer and/or schnapps. By this time the music has been turned up a notch or five and there is often some dancing. Very amusing to watch for those who have pulled chauffeur duty and don't drink.
Around 02.00 or so we all begin to realise we're getting too old for this and the kids have collapsed as well, so it's about time to head home.
If you have guests sleeping over, you end up quietly chatting until 04.00 or so, after having cleared the tables.
My guess is that the younger royal's New Year celebrations didn't differ too much from this.

However, a quiet New Year alone or just with a couple of close friends ain't bad either. Especially when you've reached the age where it takes two days to recover from a party. :coffee:

My previous remarks about the board games may not be typical, but the concert from Vienna and the ski jumping was no joke!
When I was a child we always had an uncle and aunt sleeping over and even though they went to bed around 04.00 they insisted on getting up at way too early to watch the concert and ski sports. To the quiet annoyance of my mother who was a B-person and didn't understand the deeper purpose of watching someone jumping from a mountain with boards strapped to their feet.

Last edited:

That's how we celebrate as well! But first is the concert from Vienna and then is the Ski Jumping Competition...

Here in Austria we always watch the concert first and the ski jumping competition. And yesterday Schlierenzauer won again yeah !! Off topic but it had to be said just once ! :)

Joachim and our Marie showed up for the premiere of the movie Jagten = The Hunt/The chase. In this context like: The (witch)hunt.

The movie, starring Mads Mikkelsen, is about a male kindergarten teacher who is living in a small town and he is suddenly accused of pedophilia, whether justified or not he is made an outcast in that town.

The first few pics in this gallery shows J&M: Se billederne fra den røde løber: Royale og kendte til premiere på 'Jagten' | www.bt.dk

Thank you Muhler & Iceflower for the pictures & news.

Since this was not an official event, was it still official in the sense that they did the opening and so on or did they just attend? Marie seemed to have received flowers upon arrival. I thought flowers were only given at official events.

Its great for royals to attend events which aren't always on the calendar & to also get tons of pictures.

:previous: You are welcome.

Your guess is as good as mine, but since our Marie got flowers someone must have been told they were coming - so how about settling for a semi-official event? ;)

Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
The lady Marie is standing next to is the actress Susse Wold, chairman of the AIDS Foundation, for which Marie is patron, so they know each other well.

Susse Wold decided she wanted to perform in this movie, for the first time in many years.
She was a genuine head-turner when she was young and now 45 years later, she's still a classy lady.
http://nd05.jxs.cz/884/310/5feb4cd8f3_85915815_o2.jpg
http://www.artebooking.dk/uploads/tx_artist/95e5e1e421.jpg

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #03, 2013.
Kongeligt jagtselskab - Royal hunting-party.
Written by Luise Marie Beker. (Freelance?)

As you know Joachim and our Marie went to the premiere of the movie The (witch)Hunt.
Here they met a lot of who's who within the Danish movie industry. Among them Camilla Bredholt, who is godmother to Nikolai and a good friend of M&J.
Another one whom Marie knows very well and had a long chat with, is the actress and chairman of the AIDS Foundation, Susse Wold, who has a leading role in the movie.
The movie producer, Peter Aalbæk, somewhat inappropriately put his arm around the shoulders of petite Marie, while walking them out to their car after the movie. Peter Aalbæk is, depending on your view, a bit of an excentric or a lunatic - he has worked closely for many years with Lars von Trier and Crow seek mate. (*)

Joachim said afterwards about the movie: "It was utterly and absolutely exciting, moving, terrifying and hairraising. And then it was fantastically good acting from all the actors".

Apparantly some animals are kiled in the movie and the director, Thomas Vinterberg, reassured Marie: "There were vets all over the place", so no animals were harmed. - However, the next day Joachim went on another royal hunt with Prince Henrik, albeit the smallest. That took plae in Grib Forest north of Copenhagen.

(*) Krage søger mage = crow seek mate. Idiom, meaning that you seek up company who are like yourself.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #06, 2013.
Marie festede med Medina.
Written by Lisbeth Grube.

Saturday night at the end of the fashion week, our Marie dragged Joachim to a fashion show along with the Siebye's and other friends at the inclub Zen. (*)
Arriving at past 22.30 the party disreetly went in the backdoor to avoid the press, here they were served champagne and enjoyed the show by Else Adams, who is known for her handmade design where all is about emphasizing the female body.
However, Joachim and Marie left the club at 23.15. Marie prudently clad in a warm winter jacket and looking very delighted - and fresh. Underneath the jacket she wore a white corsage-thing decorated with pearls.
The designer Else Adams said afterwards: "They (J&M) were very enthusiastic. Princess Marie thought the design was very neat and very feminine".

(*) Yes, I say dragged. Because when I look at the pictures of Joachim in the article, I see a man past 40, who is less than focused on the show and who looks like he would much rather sit at home in his favorite armchair and fall asleep in front of the TV.:sleeping:
Marie on the other hand, and dare I say the other women too, look very focused!
But Joachim, that poor man... You're getting old, Joachim.:yoda: You've reached the age, where you need a solid nap in the afternoon before going to a nightclub.:coffee:

:previous:

Here are some pics of their described night out :flowers:

The French caption says the pics were taken on February 6, but I doubt that and trust in the BB information instead ..:)

** pp: Princesse Marie : Soirée en boîte pour ses 37 ans avec Joachim et son amie Britt **

Thanks, Iceflower. :flowers:

You can safely trust BB on this one! BB's deadline is Tuesday noon and 6. February was Wednesday, so........

I see Joachim doesn't look like he'd rather be home in his pajamas in some of the pics in this gallery.

i thought this was an interesting shot. a swedish blog published the designer of one of marie's bags, so they put a photo of a closeup of the bag, taken as marie was getting off a car. in the close up, you see that the magazine inside the car has a picture of mary the day of her pre-wedding gala :) it's funny that the royals seem to buy magazines with pictures of them and their family for their journeys... :) it seems that they, themselves, want to keep up with the gossip! it reminds me of kate buying that magazine featuring her on the cover!

Marie gillar Miu Miu | kungligamodebloggen

pic: http://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam.se/files/2013/03/Bild-4-15-42-09-430x366.png

i thought this was an interesting shot. a swedish blog published the designer of one of marie's bags, so they put a photo of a closeup of the bag, taken as marie was getting off a car. in the close up, you see that the magazine inside the car has a picture of mary the day of her pre-wedding gala :) it's funny that the royals seem to buy magazines with pictures of them and their family for their journeys... :) it seems that they, themselves, want to keep up with the gossip! it reminds me of kate buying that magazine featuring her on the cover!

pic: http://kungligamodebloggen.svenskdam.se/files/2013/03/Bild-4-15-42-09-430x366.png

what a good catch. quite funny :ROFLMAO:

Now, that's funny :) It must be odd to read about yourself and your close family and friends that way.

I wonder if they omit the criticism...

i thought this was an interesting shot. a swedish blog published the designer of one of marie's bags, so they put a photo of a closeup of the bag, taken as marie was getting off a car. in the close up, you see that the magazine inside the car has a picture of mary the day of her pre-wedding gala :) it's funny that the royals seem to buy magazines with pictures of them and their family for their journeys...
The magazine looks a lot like Billed-Bladet, who had an extra magazine with dresses/fashion from the last 75 years :flowers:

Joachim went racing in Sweden last weekend and BB #18, informs us that his hand is very well indeed after the surgery.
According to Joachim the hand is 100 % in perfect working order.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom