General News about Joachim, Marie and Family 1: December 2007 - August 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous: I'm not defending her choice in attire (and this isn't the fashion thread), but Marie seemed to fit in at this event :lol::
Billed-Bladet - Masser af kendte til By Malene Birger-show - se billederne
And another article (in French) about Marie at the event:
La princesse Marie à un défilé de mode à Copenhague | Noblesse & Royautés

Rylt11-there are several magazines in Denmark that are comparable to Vogue, as well as international magazines that are available there. Marie has stated in the documentary that was made before their wedding that she's not really a fashionista.

I've noticed a big difference in Marie since the wedding. She has become more at ease during these events, and seems to be fitting in well with Joachim's family and friends. She's still studying Danish, and seems more confident in her role.

Last edited:
If she's going to have her share of royal duties, events, and appearances, she will need to become a fashionista, or at least get a better feel for what is appropriate.

Again, she is the wife of a prince, not a wealthy landowner who can lead a private life. Her role is a bit more demanding than that.

Is the lady in the odd balloon-style dress Marie's LIW? I noticed she wasn't wearing the blue/label pin that a Lady In Waiting usually wears.

Also Marie wasn't even wearing earrings

Is the lady in the odd balloon-style dress Marie's LIW? I noticed she wasn't wearing the blue/label pin that a Lady In Waiting usually wears.

No, that is Britt Siesbye, who is a friend of Joachim and Marie, and one of the godparents to little Prince Henrik. Marie's LIW is Marianne Engel, who does resemble Britt:
http://img81.imageshack.us/i/205743654d7555mz6.jpg/
(photo from Paty in Marie's LIW thread)

Last edited:
{edit}
Her clothes are too black and shinning.
does anyone know why she didn't attend the show with mary??? Was more than one malene birger show during the fashion week??? i found that very strange...

Last edited by a moderator:
{edit}
Her clothes are too black and shinning.
does anyone know why she didn't attend the show with mary??? Was more than one malene birger show during the fashion week??? i found that very strange...

Mary didn't attend the By Malene Birger fashion show. IIRC, she didn't attend it last year, either, but Marie did with a friend. Not sure of Mary's reason, but she had two other engagements earlier that day which may have been why. Marie, like Mary, is a big fan of By Malene Birger.

Yes, her hairdo has changed to a sleeker look with a sidways bang and her eye makeup is darker in these pictures.

She is also wearing a lot of shiny black, an entirely different look.

With all the shine from the shoes, pants, little jacket, it would have been too much to add earrings as well. This was a fashion show, not a gala ball. I'm glad she drew the line.

even if she was marie's LIW she wouldn't have worn the pin - they were not on an official engagement.

Can we please move on from discussing P.Marie's fashion at the fashion show. If you would like to discuss it, please do it in the Princess Marie's Fashion & Style
thread

Thank you
Dazzling
DHoDenmark Mod

Last edited:
I wonder why Marie wasn't there.Because of the baby perhaps?About Joachim now:don't you think he lost a lot of weight?Have his duties been increased lately?He looked much more healthier last May,at his wedding.JMHO,of course.

I agree that Joachim looks thinner. One can see it in his face as well. Hope he is in good health.

Pics 15.8.2009

Princess Marie and Prince Joachim at the christening of Oscar
and Britt Davisen Siesbyes daughter in Copenhagen, Denmark,
August 15, 2009 .
Countess Alexandra and her husband attended as well.

Marie looked very lovely in my eyes :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** ppe gallery **

Princess Marie and Prince Joachim at the christening of Oscar
and Britt Davisen Siesbyes daughter in Copenhagen, Denmark,
August 15, 2009 .
Countess Alexandra and her husband attended as well.

Marie looked very lovely in my eyes :)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** ppe gallery **

Just :heart::heart::heart::heart::heart: the dress for Marie the style,colour and Maries teint is super *SSSSSSS*

Lovely pictures. Marie looks lovely, there is just so much chemistry between Joachim and Marie. Marie seems to be matching Joachims shirt though different shades.
This is a funny picture, looks like they had an umbrella problem :rolleyes:

I see Marie is back to her sweet & feminine appearances,which is great.Her figure is back to normal already!How many times do the 2 couples meet within a week?Sorry,couldn't help it.

Countess Alexandra also looked happy and well. Very civilised of all four concerned that they can meet on such occasions.

Did they have a chance to speak to each other? The pictures I saw only were only of the different people arriving, separately.

Did they have a chance to speak to each other? The pictures I saw only were only of the different people arriving, separately.

From the only pictures posted the answer would be no and nothing has been said yet from articles :)

Was Marie a godmother to the baby? They seem like close friends, and it would be a nice tribute. Joachim and Marie both look fantastic.

If you look over the page, Joachim and Marie attended a christening yesterday. As did Alexandra and Martin.

Lovely dress from Marie :flowers:

Marie is lovely and much more confident after more than a year as a princess!

Hope we'll see her much more often in royal duties!!

Was Marie a godmother to the baby? They seem like close friends, and it would be a nice tribute. Joachim and Marie both look fantastic.

Yes, Marie was a godmother to the baby.
Here is a link with the picture caption saying so

that's a great dress for marie! i'm very glad she was chosen as godmother.

Dazzling,
Your link is the only indication of Marie being a godmother or attending a christening. The pictures, though, are tiny, and can't be enlarged without a password to the site. Is it possible to get a better link?

Oscar and Britt are close friends of Joachim's and it is a beautiful gesture to have asked Marie to be the godmother for their second child.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom