General News about Joachim, Marie and Family 1: December 2007 - August 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
These pictures are exquisite. Prince Joachim is all tenderness .... Very touching.

What a cute baby. Marie seems to have lost the baby weight already.

Where has Appel gone? We have not seen that little dog in a long time!

It's really kind of him to offer this present to his daughter in law! I guess we can say that Marie is well integrated in this family!

I am sure being both french the have an special bond!!!!

Awww! little Henrik looks like both of his parents. So cute! He's 3/4 French and 1/4 Danish. :daneflag2: :franceflag:

Yes, he is Joachim's third son, and the first to be raised bilingual in French and Danish from the outset. Prince Henrik the grandpere finally has some compatriots in the family.

The ring he gave Marie is beautiful, indeed, and looked stunning next to the baby's baptismal robe with the blue ribbon. Henrik was also wearing a medal, does anyone know what that was?

Lovely pictures, beautiful day, happy to see the parents of the baby so at ease and happy, it is genuine and comes through. Marie has made a very quick recovery to her pre-pregnancy figure. She looks terrific.

So do I, Marsel! :lol:

The article also says that the medallion had a cross and a lamb on it, which are symbols of a blessing.

The medal that Marie wore to the dinner party at Tivoli looks as if it has a lamb on it as well. I wonder if it is, and if her grandmother gave it to her just as she gave one to Prince Henrik, her son.

Nice to see Marie at an event without Joachim, Marie looks quite confident and happy. Marie looks lovely.

:previous:

MSN StarLounge states that he is Christian Scherfig, one of Henrik's godfathers. That's where he looks familiar from.

Thank you, JessRulz! For some reason, I was thinking that he was a stylist, but wasn't sure.

Interesting new look, it shows another side of her
personality, that's interesting and nice to see :)

Thanks for the links, sgl and Jess!

Here's another gallery of the pics:

** ppe gallery **

Wow, I LOVE her eye make-up :wub:
{edit}

Last edited by a moderator:
The new look for Marie is quite something else! Hairdo looks pretty from the back and from the right side of her face. Can't say that all that hair around her left eye is attractive. Black nailpolish should be left for Halloween, in my opinion. Way too harsh looking.

The outfit itself seemed more appropriate for a nightclub when out dancing with Joachim than for a fashion show --- it was a little over the top shiny in my opinion. The tank top was very feminine, the little sweater jacket with big sequins, also pretty, didn't care for shiny pants or shoes, as there was already enough shine to the outfit. It would have looked more refined with a different fabric and not patent leather shoes. It just seemed way too glitzy for a fashion show.

Her eye make up perfect for the black she was wearing. She has beautiful eyes. I don't think she can go wrong with any kind of makeup.

The change from the softness of the christening to this very harsh shiny look is incredible, all in the course of a few days --- way too extreme I think. This is more of an evening out on the town or a dressy awards ceremony, something like that. Inappropriate for a fashion show --- trying to call too much atention to herself.

Last edited by a moderator:
after all I think Marie going to a fashion show at night had to dress up as many people do while attending fashion shows. I wasnt to bothered but you do a mistake to learn.

Does anyone know who this lady is? She seems to be close to Marie also arrived with her, maybe her stylist (if she has one) or her lady in waiting?

:previous: Are you referring to the woman that Marie is speaking with? I believe that is Britt Siesbye.

:previous:Yes you are right is Britt Davidsen Siesbye, Godmother of Lille Prince Henrik

There is no sense in looking back. Alexandra had her very fine qualities and fit into the princess role very well, capably taking on many duties and winning the hearts of the Danes. She had a younger husband who had hoped to start a family. It appears that they had different priorities and eventually the love they initially shared began to dwindle.

The marriage suffered because of these differences and eventually faltered, despite the two beautiful boys they had. By living in Jutland, and having the boys pursue their education and live with their mother in Copenhagen, Joachim no longer had the day to day contact.

He now has a wife who understands all of the byproducts of a divorce, since she experienced them herself. She will hopefully bring a balance to the family and they will indeed become a family, which will most certainly include Nikolai and Felix. This is a better environment than visiting their father on his own in Schackenborg. This is all good - for Joachim, the boys, and any future children that he and Marie will have.

There is no sense in looking back. Alexandra had her very fine qualities and fit into the princess role very well, capably taking on many duties and winning the hearts of the Danes. She had a younger husband who had hoped to start a family. It appears that they had different priorities and eventually the love they initially shared began to dwindle.

The marriage suffered because of these differences and eventually faltered, despite the two beautiful boys they had. By living in Jutland, and having the boys pursue their education and live with their mother in Copenhagen, Joachim no longer had the day to day contact.

He now has a wife who understands all of the byproducts of a divorce, since she experienced them herself. She will hopefully bring a balance to the family and they will indeed become a family, which will most certainly include Nikolai and Felix. This is a better environment than visiting their father on his own in Schackenborg. This is all good - for Joachim, the boys, and any future children that he and Marie will have.

Quite right. Alexandra was never my favourite princess, but she was a very nice person. Princess Marie as you say rylt understands divorce and I don't think she'd want that for her family. She is a wonderful mother, step-mother and princess. However I don't think very much of her drinking champagne if she is still breastfeeding. But she does look wonderful, very dramatic. :flowers:

They called her "Rock Princess",right?Wow,very...."flattering".She's so lucky,though,that her friend was wearing a huge "bag" like that.Much worse,compared to Marie,imo.

They called her "Rock Princess",right?Wow,very...."flattering".She's so lucky,though,that her friend was wearing a huge "bag" like that.Much worse,compared to Marie,imo.

I named her that, but it is in a good way :).

I see.So,it's a site you created.Because I first thought that you had just provided a link you had found.I would call it "Rock Chic",though...lol (hope you'll laugh)

I think Marie has her heart in the right place, but still hasn't grown into the princess role in terms of hitting it on the head fashion-wise. It will come, eventually, I think. I just wonder if there isn't the equivalent of Vogue or something like that in Denmark. With Diana, they helped along in the beginning and that was such a wise thing to do, in terms of saving time on errors. She was also the wife of the future king, so in a more prominent position. Marie could do with a bit of help in those quarters from fashion editors, not just one stylist, I think. She needs to find her way. (This last shiny black outfit was a bit too much!!! Keep the pants and match them up with a soft blouse, keep the top and match it up with soft silk crepe slacks, much more elegant and refined looking. The whole thing together was way too much)

The other area in which she will get better is with regard to the language. That will come with exposure, surely but slowly. She is not expected to start off with perfect Danish, but will get better as the years go by. If the little prince will be speaking French as well as Danish, she will be able to learn along with him! It's a hard language to learn in terms of pronunciation, and she may never get it exactly right, but it's important to show the initiative.

Joachim is proud of her no matter what she's doing, so that is good support. I hope he practices easy Danish with her to help her out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom