General News about Frederik, Mary and Family Part 17: January 2018 - June 2020

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #36, 2019.
Written by Dorte Quist.

As you know Frederik has been out and about with children recently and in the context he was asked about his back.

Frederik said: "Right now I'm actually very well."
Frederik went on to explain that for the rest of his life he has to keep training his back, in fact his entire torso and he is fine with that. He view the training as continual maintenance rather than something he must do. - Attitude, you know.
(Frederik is actually quoted in the article, but you know, Frederik and words! I had to read it twice to make sense of what he said. Hence why I don't translate what he said in full.)

The BB article speculates as to whether Frederik will focus on another form of sport than running, which as you know can be very hard on the back.

Thanks for the translations. That is good to hear! a great attitude to have

And indeed it looks like they were recording something. At the laundromat Østrigsgade 22
(from their facebook page)
"It was with great pleasure that the laundry in østrigsgade 22, today was able to welcome HRH THE CROWN PRINCE AND HRH CROWN PRINCESS, Maryfonden, bydelsmødrene and dr over. østrigsgade 22 "
https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.ne...=d84288250bb34b4f168c79102d57948e&oe=5E388236
https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.ne...=e1e5b987d38f1c188b2df2cef3474af6&oe=5DF864D6
https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.ne...=27c9d8123fbf59c0eaaa92fd6e6c1602&oe=5DF9CA4F
https://scontent-lax3-2.xx.fbcdn.ne...=d590c320f1db60ada411cd2f6eb37df7&oe=5E3838CC

:previous: How nice, Polyesco :flowers:

I also think this is a segment for the coming Crown Prince couple Awards, but maybe not if the Mary Foundation was there too? Anyway, looks like a very good initiative.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Not so much resemblance in my opinion, but the tiara and the jewels are perfect!

Last edited:
I think it is fine I do think it looks like her! Gosh a girl from Tassie she hs come along way

It's a no for me. No resemblance whatsoever

Frederik's bust does look a lot more like him than Mary's does of her - if anything I see more of a younger Margrethe in Mary's bust!

Fred's is right around the eyes however as a whole, it looks more like Joachim. Mary's is definitely; Woman - Unknown subject.

I think the tiara is too much a row of flowers with relatively large petals instead of a vine an it throws off the dimension and balance making her eyes took small and beady.

Not a good representation of either subject but works of art nonetheless.

I was in doubt as to whether this was even worth posting here, but the I thought, if this is the most serious criticism M&F are getting, they (and QMII) can sleep soundly at night.

https://www.bt.dk/kendte/haardt-angreb-paa-mary-og-frederik-de-leger-med-ilden

It's a comment by Eva Agnete Selsing, who wrote a comment in the conservative (and very pro-DRF) newspaper Berlingske.
(I can't link directly because that requires a subscription and I see no reason whatsoever to subscribe to Copenhagener newspaper.)

In here she wacks M&F on the head, saying they endanger the institution by associating with left-wing artists and singers.
She critisize that the CP-Couple's culture awards have gone to artists, whom she believe doesn't deserve it. And who she believe attempt to degrade sound society values.
She believe such awards should go to people who in her opinion are more suited.

She is also against M&F getting involved in climate-issues. That is a political subject which M&F should stay very clear at.
Selsing is also very much against Mary being patron for Copenhagen Pride 2021. The views of a number of people involved in the Copenhagen Pride are against her own convictions.
- It would be much better if Mary became patron for family (values) or persecuted Christians, believe Selsing.

---------

Okay, I smiled while writing this.
I must confess I have never heard about Selsing before. She is, according to the BT article, a right-wing philosopher.

And to sum up her Selsing's criticism: She is against M&F supporting something, she is against.
But she is perfectly happy for M&F supporting something she is in favor of...

Let's start with the cultural awards. Yes, M&F know many artists, many of whom are indeed left-wingers or at least critical of the society.
That M&F know such people is healthy I think. I would be very concerned if M&F only associated with people from a certain political and society background.
Yes, quite a few artists who are critical of the society and the system have received awards from M&F. That's IMO pretty unavoidable, since that is the traditional role for artists - anytime.
And while there are artist who adhere to a conservative and dare I say Christian outlook, I can't recall anyone significant these years.

The climate issue is very much on the agenda here in DK these years! Also politically. A climate-friendly policy is very much supported by all parties in the Parliament and as representatives for DK, it is the role of the DRF to help promote that policy. Apart from that environmentally sound solutions are a major export for DK. Also something the DRF is traditionally very much involved in.
So apart from Selsing, M&F enjoy full political and public backing.

Then there is the Copenhagen Pride. Well, gender-identity is also very much on the agenda and while you can think what you want about that it is nevertheless also something where people, perhaps to a limited extent in DK, but certainly very much abroad, are subjected to oppression, imprisonment and even live in fear of their lives. And the political parties overall support people's right to have a sexual orientation that differs from the norm, as long as it doesn't harm someone else. So Mary in this case is in line with the Parliament and I dare say the vast majority of the Danish population.

As for M&F staying clear pf politics: Well, expressing support for Christian minorities that are undeniable being persecuted in various places on the globe, that could hardly be more political!

- So in conclusion: While Selsing may dislike, disapprove and fear that M&F by this are eroding the institution of the DRF, I will claim she belongs to a tiny majority in this regard.
And again: If this is the worst that is thrown against M&F, they have little to fear.

Eva Selsing is a far-right columnist. She's a professional provocateur, comparable to someone like Katie Hopkins. She makes a living out of writing columns that meet a certain amount of buzzwords per piece with the sole intention of riling people up. She's essentially a clickbait writer.

What she feels about the DRF not living in the dark ages is indicative of nothing and frankly, posting her opinion pieces on here is about as relevant and appropriate as posting comments straight out of Nationen! or the Daily Mail's comments section.

Today at At noon, the registration for Royal Run 2020 opened.
Next year's race will take place on the 2nd day of Pentecost, June 1, when H.K.H. The Crown Prince shoots the day in Sønderborg. Subsequently, Royal Run continues in Aalborg, where H.K.H. The Crown Princess runs before the Crown Prince continues in Odense. The end will be a 10-kilometer race in Copenhagen and Frederiksberg. In addition, the Royal Run will again be held at Bornholm, though without royal participation.
The photo shows His Royal Highness in the t-shirt for next year's Royal Run.
https://www.instagram.com/p/B5DwMgjgnvF/

Excellent news!

What a huge pad on the shoulder for Mary.

That is great news! Frederik will be regent from the 2 to the 5th and then Mary takes over.

In another news, the tickets sales for the Royal Run have been popular
https://nyheder.tv2.dk/samfund/2019-11-19-rift-om-royal-run-kronprinsesse-mary-loeber-med-nummer-et

Royal Run South Jutland sold out in under three days
"This shows us at the same time that it is good for Royal Run to come out in the country, and it gives us in the Movement for Life the opportunity to reach even more Danes with association activities and other efforts to motivate for more movement."
https://www.royalrun.dk/nyheder/roy...zqJmtRS-qksWc1Ls9LyxaTHjA5ORl4PMSjjOK1ciVtuyI

:previous:

Nice video! Looks like they had a lovely family evening... a relaxed and happy group. Wish I knew what young Vincent had to say to the reporters as they left.

:previous: So would I, but I can't make it out.

Not sure what you call this classic in the various languages, here it's the Brothers Lionheart.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom